Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

he was religious

the rape happened before he found religion, he apparently hung around the rough crowd before. What's strange is the rape happened around 90-91 he never got charged for it, he found religion, and was clean until police busted him for vandalism, that's when they dug up his rape charge. talk about the past coming back to haunt you.

Joe son is famous for letting john hackleman pound his balls into a pulp during one of the earlier UFCs, I can't remember if he carried a cross, because Kimo carried a cross too, in one of the early UFCs

yep i remember the cojones crunching he got ^_^ damn he prolly was one of them f#&ked up dudes who woke up one day and tells himself i've an epiphany and goes to find religion and Joe Son Do, damn too bad for Joe Son

I was impressed with Josh Koscheck the most during the event. The guy's got a ton of conditioning (it shows in the way he quickly recovered after getting badly hurt numerous times during his fight with the pitbull) and a ton of heart. Alves' leg kicks were devastating as usual and he clearly is the number one contender now for GSP's title.

got that one chief!... Kos got superb conditioning that enabled him to to last 3 rds. he ate knees & punches and still recovered. impressive is the way the pitbull fought it. gamely exchanging when kos wanted to get it going. and those vicious leg kicks made a difference that night. :thumbsupsmiley:

sean sherk got a good decision win fighting a man almost his size and his style.

leites also got a win by putting BJJ 101 to his opponent with a rear naked choked.

the main event was a good fight but bitin nga Lng. ahehe..

next moth will be a great match with the return of the NaturaL!..

Ako lang ba ang nakakapansin pero parang ang yabang ng dating ni Silva sa laban nila ni Cote. halos sayaw lang sya ng sayaw. At may instance na parang pinaglalaruna nya si Cote lalo na nung na take nya si Cote. Tumayo sya tapos sipa ng sipa ng kunti tapos nakapamewang pa. Tapos tutulungan nya pa si Cote tumayo. pati parang sobra ang shuffle ng kamay nya ngayun kumpra sa ibang laban nya.. ako lang ba ang nakakapansin???

Ako lang ba ang nakakapansin pero parang ang yabang ng dating ni Silva sa laban nila ni Cote. halos sayaw lang sya ng sayaw. At may instance na parang pinaglalaruna nya si Cote lalo na nung na take nya si Cote. Tumayo sya tapos sipa ng sipa ng kunti tapos nakapamewang pa. Tapos tutulungan nya pa si Cote tumayo. pati parang sobra ang shuffle ng kamay nya ngayun kumpra sa ibang laban nya.. ako lang ba ang nakakapansin???

you're right chief, The Spider seemed to have showboated a lot during the fight, but give him props he has earned the right to showboat, and to tell you honestly he could have finished the fight in the 2nd round if he wanted to, just seeing him put on a show and still able to punish Cote for a few spurts is evidence enough that he could have the fight stopped when he wanted and how he wanted.

Junior dos Santos has freaking heavy hands or Werdum has a glass jaw ^_^

looking ahead...can rashad evans defeat forrest griffin?

it's MMA, anyone can beat anyone given the right game plan, but i don't see Rashad imposing his will on Forrest.

in paper Rashad is an excellent fighter, he's got a good camp in Greg Jackson's camp, he's unbeaten, his striking has improved a lot, he is athletic, although i would question if he's got heart

Forrest is a scrappy fighter, he's got a good camp in extreme couture, i'd say he's better on his back than Rashad as he pulls out subs rather than just sitting on an oppenent and try & pound them, he's the champ, he's got a height and reach advantage going into the fight

Ako lang ba ang nakakapansin pero parang ang yabang ng dating ni Silva sa laban nila ni Cote. halos sayaw lang sya ng sayaw. At may instance na parang pinaglalaruna nya si Cote lalo na nung na take nya si Cote. Tumayo sya tapos sipa ng sipa ng kunti tapos nakapamewang pa. Tapos tutulungan nya pa si Cote tumayo. pati parang sobra ang shuffle ng kamay nya ngayun kumpra sa ibang laban nya.. ako lang ba ang nakakapansin??

instructions from the big bosses at Zuffa IMO

All of us knew that Silva would just destroy cote, I'm guessing that someone told Silva to hold off on beating cote early to make for a good main event.

I have to give it to Cote though, he was relatively unscathed, I think he figured out how Silva times his strikes. Props to Dela Grotte for figuring out Spider's timing.

the way I see it... he show boated a little bit. He was playing his hands and swithcing stands most of the time because Cote was also switching stands as well. Props to Cote he lasted on the 3rd round with A. Silva. De La Grotte coming from Sityodtong Muay Thai has figured A. Silva's stance. Too bad Cote pooped his knee, the fight was gonna start on the third round. Sayang talaga! Silva may have KOed Cote but for sure He will bang with the Spider.

Yushin Okami vs. A. Silva Next! :thumbsupsmiley:

Forrest vs. Rashad: will be an exciting fight! Both are TUF Winners! Hard to pick one ritgh here because I like both Fighters!

Randy vs. Brock : I have to go with Randy here! Experience and good gameplanning will pull it thru!

the way I see it... he show boated a little bit. He was playing his hands and swithcing stands most of the time because Cote was also switching stands as well. Props to Cote he lasted on the 3rd round with A. Silva. De La Grotte coming from Sityodtong Muay Thai has figured A. Silva's stance. Too bad Cote pooped his knee, the fight was gonna start on the third round. Sayang talaga! Silva may have KOed Cote but for sure He will bang with the Spider.

Yushin Okami vs. A. Silva Next! :thumbsupsmiley:

Forrest vs. Rashad: will be an exciting fight! Both are TUF Winners! Hard to pick one ritgh here because I like both Fighters!

Randy vs. Brock : I have to go with Randy here! Experience and good gameplanning will pull it thru!

if there's two things i learned watching the UFC they are, never bet against Captain America and never bet against the original ultimate fighter ^_^

Griffin via out of nowhere sub in the 4th

Cap via UD

the only problem i have with forrest griffin is he can't finish a fight properly; most of his fights end in a decision; i think for him to be a convincing champion and to stop the doubters he should beat rashad evans by KO or tapout :)

watching the sherk-griffin fight, eventhough some of the comments here say that sherk deserved to win; i still think griffin was robbed again; his strikes were more accurate & eventhough sherk took him down; nothing really happened..the same thing happened with griffin during the frankie edgar fight; edgar's knee was destroyed with griffin putting it in a knee bar but he didn't tap; edgar won the close decision..too bad for griffin; he's one hell of a fighter; even the punches of sherk didn't affect him that much..

the spider will eat okami alive hehehe..

gsp vs alves? what an exciting fight but GSP will still win this one; rush is a more complete fighter & will beat the pitbull with his jujitsu :)

watching the sherk-griffin fight, eventhough some of the comments here say that sherk deserved to win; i still think griffin was robbed again; his strikes were more accurate & eventhough sherk took him down; nothing really happened..the same thing happened with griffin during the frankie edgar fight; edgar's knee was destroyed with griffin putting it in a knee bar but he didn't tap; edgar won the close decision..too bad for griffin; he's one hell of a fighter; even the punches of sherk didn't affect him that much..

bro, sherk not only took him down remember he got his back a number of times and twice with both hooks in. in sport jiu jitsu (well according to the IBJJF rules as far as i know coz ive been competing in BJJ for quite a while already) that position is one of the highest scoring positions you'll ever get. Also consider the fact that during the first two rounds sherk was able to either take him down or pin him to the octagon at will, so he also scored well on octagon control. It was a close fight anyway and yeah that Frankie Edgar fight was a classic one too and could have gone either way.

Now moving on to Forrest and Rashad. Forrest has the reach advantage, has the fighting spirit advantage, camp-wise I think he has the better strategist of a coach in Randy Couture and as someone has stated here is the better one at controlling posture or pulling subs from his back.

Rashad has the wrestling advantage and both of them are good strikers. I pick Forrest to retain his title in this one. He can actually dance around Rashad like what he did in his fight with Hector 'Sick Dog' Ramirez and win it without the fight even going to the mat.

forrest will destroy rashad

better stand up, a superhuman chin, and a heart that won't quit.

----

I'm torn on the lesnar X couture matchup

my mind says brock, but my heart says randy.

lesnar is a bad matchup for couture. Randy has always had trouble with big and strong wrestlers, and Brock is bigger and stronger than all of them. He might be a rookie, but his wrestling experience and his raw power and talent are more than enough to make up for it.

but randy is randy, he will come up with a good game plan, but my concern is that his game plan will come up short.

the count vs spider is a better matchup than okami vs spider; but i think spider can easily beat the both of them..if he beats his next matchup; its better to match the spider against gsp or even bj penn or even letting spider vacate his belt to go to 205 lbs, wala na kasi tlga makatalo kay spider at 185 eh, di ba?..

good points, genetic freak; wala na tpos na yung laban; si sherk na panalo hehehe :)..

lesnar vs couture is a hard matchup for randy; its for lesnar to lose; if he comes up with a geniune fight plan & a way to finish off randy; i think he can beat the natural :)