Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

hmm... wow.. san ka lalaro? kelan ka pa training?

heard of topher r.......  of bak..... & tsaka si miles v......... of pas.....?

I dont compete....laos na compared to the younger guys. Stopped training years ago, though i still spar once in a while to update knowledge and see if i can still beat up people. hahaha j/k lang.

Topher Ricketts of Bakbakan you mean.

Miles? Ah active pa pala sya? wala rin syang kadala dala ah. hehehehe

Pinasabog dati auto nun sa harap ng mars eh hehehe loko kasi. nasaksak pa.

yes.. wala nga "daw" kadala-dala e.. hehe..

There's Kendo at the YMCA Makati

talaga?! :unsure:

hmm...just visited the YMCA last saturday and wasn't informed of this.

i know they offer aikido and hwarangdo, but i don't think they have kendo classes, maybe you just saw the aikidokas practicing with their bokkens. :)

hmm... wow.. san ka lalaro? kelan ka pa training?

heard of topher r.......  of bak..... & tsaka si miles v......... of pas.....?

I dont compete....laos na compared to the younger guys. Stopped training years ago, though i still spar once in a while to update knowledge and see if i can still beat up people. hahaha j/k lang.

Topher Ricketts of Bakbakan you mean.

Miles? Ah active pa pala sya? wala rin syang kadala dala ah. hehehehe

Pinasabog dati auto nun sa harap ng mars eh hehehe loko kasi. nasaksak pa.

yes.. wala nga "daw" kadala-dala e.. hehe..

anu bang isyu dyan sa miles na yan?

yan ba yung miles vives yata???

i saw him on tv last night

can u provide us more info?

para naman di mapasubo mga members na may balak mag-enroll sa kanya

Ako Taekwondo saka Judo. I believe kasi na magandang combination tong dalawa kasi ang taekwondo useful kapag medyo enough ang distansya ng kalaban judo naman kapag malapitan.

i agree, another good combination that i can think of is boxing and judo/jujitsu (for those who aren't flexible enough to kick anymore ;) ).

ang ganda kasi ng striking at combinations ng boxing, i might take some lessons in the near future.

Share ko lang...baka interested kayo, kaso ang mahal eh :(

THE ANDRE PEDERNEIRES JIU-JITSU SEMINAR

Join us to witness and experience the latest techniques from a UFC, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and Vale Tudo World Champion!

Date   : 2:00 PM May 16 & 17, 2003

Venue : Perfect Tone, Hotel Kimberly, 770 Pedro Gil St., Malate, Manila

Seminar Fee: P 2,500.00

ANDREI'S  STATS:

Name: Andre Pederneiras

Born: march,22-1967

Weight: 155 pounds

Height: 5'8"

Years of training: 20

Black Belt: 5 degree(Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu)

Judo: 1 dan

Fight Record:

National Champion: 6 times(brazilian Jiu Jitsu)

City Champion; 10 times(Brazilian Jiu Jitsu)

Shooto Champion 1998(defeat Rumina Sato by KO)

Shooto 1999: Draw vs Kaoro Uno

2000 Collision; Draw agaist Genki Sudo

• 2 weeks later...

Kick-boxing, taekwondwo, aikido and judo. I have asthma so I cant run fast and far so I had to learn to stand up and fight. The last thing I did was aikido but I had to stop for my graduate studies. Kapagod din. :(

I wanna go back someday. Maybe aikido uli and kendo.

Back in highschool, a friend who's in Maharlika Kungfu Kuntaw taught me some martial arts.  Then in college, I learned arnis and a bit of taekwondo and karatedo from Mr. Presas.

I was involved in a fistfight once, and I was able to deliver just one kick.  Mahirap palang sumipa pag streetfight... He he...  <_<

That is correct. When in a real streetfight, you try to avoid using high, fancy kicks because your leg can be caught, you can lose your balance, you don't have enough space/time, etc. If you're ever going to kick, go no higher than the waist. Aim for the legs and preferably the knees, since this is pretty vulnerable and quite disabling.

I was in a fight once. We were not really angry at each other but he was egging me on because he knew that I studied MA and he wanted to show his friends that: A. He was brave and B. My MA training was of no use in a real fight. Ayoko sana pero na-corner na ako at medyo nakulitan na rin ako. So I told him that we would fight but that there would be no hard feelings about it afterwards.

He started by trying to punch me in the face and making those "Bruce Lee" sounds. You know , 'yung "wooooh". Nang-aasar yata. I just avoided him. Then I aimed a punch behind his head. He thought I was going to miss and ignored it, not knowing that I did it deliberately. With my hand positioned behind his head, I then drew it back, catching the back of his head and bringing it down while raising my knee at the same time. His head was about to hit my knee when I stopped and told him na tama na and I didn't want to fight anymore, since I had already made my point. Tinawanan nga siya ng mga kaibigan niya pero I told them that I really didn't want to fight. I think they got the idea.

In real life, you really should try to avoid fights. Walk away if you can. If you are in a situation where you have to fight, fight with everything you have. Aim to disable your opponent immediately or k*ll if needed. Don't go for fancy moves. Use your environment: rocks, chairs, keys, etc. Fight dirty. Your life is at stake.

Edited by trebbie

let me see....hmmm.....first it was karate @ YMCA manila.......then arnis under Master Ernie Presas @ PE in high school......then during summer after graduating from high school i took up judo @Kishi/Knights Judo Club at Herald Building in Intramuros......then at same club i took up Aikido under Sensei John Havan among my classmates that i can remember....Cris Buenaseda, Lourdes Macapawa,......we were called the magnificent seven by sensei ....hehehe...kasi pito kami na loyal practitioners i reached the rank of nidan....but then our sensei went back to France. the club at herald closed to give way to a body building gym......we moved to Makati YMCA....after a few months nag lay low na ako until now.....I miss wearing my gi and hakama.......hay!!!!