• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

UFC 99 Results

* Rich Franklin def. Wanderlei Silva via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)

* Cain Velasquez def. Cheick Kongo via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)

* Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic def. Mustapha Al-Turk via TKO (strikes) - Round 2, 3:47

* Mike Swick def. Ben Saunders via TKO (strikes) - Round 2, 3:47

* Spencer Fisher def. Caol Uno via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)

* Dan Hardy def. Marcus Davis via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)

* Terry Etim def. Justin Buchholz via submission (D'Arce choke) — Round 2

* Denis Siver def. Dale Hartt via submission (rear-naked choke) - Round 1

* Paul Taylor def. Peter Sobotta by unanimous decision

* Paul Kelly def. Roli Delgado via unanimous decision

* Stefan Struve def. Denis Stojnic via submission (rear-naked choke) - Round 2, 2:37

* John Hathaway def. Rick Story via unanimous decision

Edited by Great Milenko

Mirko Cro Cop leaves UFC (again) and signs three-fight deal with Dream (again)

“Isn’t that a dirty [expletive] thing to do? He [expletived] me. The first time in the history of the company I do one over the phone. He promised me a three-fight deal and he [expletived] me…. He didn’t keep his word. He talked about honor and all this other [expletive] and he [expletived] me. He fed me this bull [expletive] about wanting to take a run for the title, and what I think he did was, he went out and did this. He turned down every other [expletive] fighter I offered him, because I needed him to fight Cain. He didn’t just poke Al-Turk; he poked me, too.”

UFC President Dana White fumes over news that Mirko Cro Cop signed a three-fight deal with Dream behind his back. White struck a one-fight deal with the Croatian — something that goes against corporate policy — for him to return against Mustafa Al Turk earlier today at UFC 99: “The Comeback” from the Lanxess Arena in Cologne, Germany. Both parties verbally agreed to extend the deal longer after the event; however, Cro Cop seemingly had other plans. As for his performance, Cro Cop came in heavier than normal, which can more than likely be attributed to having just recovered from major reconstructive knee surgery exactly five months ago. And even though he scored a first round technical knockout win, he had a little help from referee Dan Mirgliotta, who missed an inadvertent eye poke that led to the eventual finish. The win evened his UFC record (2-2), which is where it will more than likely remain indefinitely. Oh well. In addition to talking about making a run at the title, Cro Cop even talked about taking on the winner of Randy Couture-Antonio Rodrigo “Minotauro” Nogueira in his post-fight interview. Very odd.

^

like above except for Kongo

speaking of Kongo, has anyone seen him fight a great BJJ stylist? i mean most of his fights are against strikers, wrestlers and freestyle fighters who are prone to stand and bang with him, i was thinking of Napao VS Kongo grappler VS striker, i dunno if this is gonna happen with the way things are going for Napao, he is now out of the HW race after that loss to Shane Carwin

Lesnar should have not fought randy first but kongo instead...so that the match would have been Striker VS. Wrestler...

Fearless Forecast:

Franklin

Velasquez

Crocop

Davis

Fisher

Swick (although I have a feeling its going to be Saunders)

Not bad, heheheh! Although it should have been Davis by split decision...

I think its time for the Axe Murderer to retire, he is just way broken and old to fight... Those accumulated damages and the stubborness to adapt really takes its toll on him, mamamatay lang sya sa LHW at siguradong wala siyang mararating sa MW...