Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

He is not called "Ol' Glass Chin" Arlovski for nothing, hehehehe! Sakit na nya yan and Freddie Roach cant do anything about that...

I dont know if many of you have watched this fight... or just search for Arlovski vs. Datsik fight videos.

A very entertaining fight, check out Datsik's jack knife move, heheheheh! The up-and-coming Arlovski's chin was exposed in that fight.

Looks like Arlovski's weak chin's chronic.

So Jake Shields is for real ... :huh: ... I thought he only beats up civilians? lol

Jake Shields has always been the best welterweight fighter outside the UFC! People who wouldnt agree doesnt know there MMA! And now choking out Robbie Lawler @ MW! Man this guys def. needs to go to the UFC! And needs to fight Fight GSP or A.Silva! :thumbsupsmiley:

Feijao got ktfo by Mike Kyle! Man think Feijao was not feeling well for that fight! :thumbsdownsmiley:

And man Arlovski getting KO'd again and by Bret Rogers!? Na trauma na ata si PitBull since his KO lost to Fedor! :hypocritesmiley:

with that happening i don't think the Babalu VS Feijao is happening anytime soon

i thought that Shields was supposed to sign with the UFC, but with this win against Ruthless Robbie he's put another feather in his cap by defeating a name fighter outside the UFC, and at a higher weight class to boot.

hope he gets signed to the UFC as well, so that the WW division is gonna get shaken up a bit ^_^

Edited by riceb0i

Or Jake and Mayhem could get it on ... lol. Yeah, I know Jake's good. That's why I wondered why he agreed to join Bully Beatdown with Jason.

And Pitbull, from aggressive (vs. Fedor) to super-cautious. Yeah, mukhang, its not only the chin, its is mind too.

Any of you folks following the Carano-Cyborg hype?

Jake Shields has always been the best welterweight fighter outside the UFC! People who wouldnt agree doesnt know there MMA! And now choking out Robbie Lawler @ MW! Man this guys def. needs to go to the UFC! And needs to fight Fight GSP or A.Silva! :thumbsupsmiley:

Feijao got ktfo by Mike Kyle! Man think Feijao was not feeling well for that fight! :thumbsdownsmiley:

And man Arlovski getting KO'd again and by Bret Rogers!? Na trauma na ata si PitBull since his KO lost to Fedor! :hypocritesmiley:

Edited by pogi1119

Imagine a GSP-Shields encounter!

i thought that Shields was supposed to sign with the UFC, but with this win against Ruthless Robbie he's put another feather in his cap by defeating a name fighter outside the UFC, and at a higher weight class to boot.

hope he gets signed to the UFC as well, so that the WW division is gonna get shaken up a bit ^_^

Or Jake and Mayhem could get it on ... lol. Yeah, I know Jake's good. That's why I wondered why he agreed to join Bully Beatdown with Jason.

And Pitbull, from aggressive (vs. Fedor) to super-cautious. Yeah, mukhang, its not only the chin, its is mind too.

Any of you folks following the Carano-Cyborg hype?

LONG AWAITED STRIKEFORCE CHAMPIONSHIP SHOWDOWN

WITH CRIS “CYBORG” MARKS BIGGEST WOMEN’S FIGHT IN HISTORY

After an eight month hiatus, mixed martial arts’ (MMA) leading lady, the undefeated and extremely popular Gina “Conviction” Carano (7-0) will compete in the first fight of her multi-fight agreement with STRIKEFORCE and is set to square off with rival powerhouse Cris “Cyborg” (7-1) in what is one of the most eagerly anticipated battles of all time, Saturday, August 15, live on SHOWTIME® at the HP Pavilion in San Jose, Calif.

Carano and Cyborg, the consensus two best female fighters in the world, will be the first women in MMA history to headline a major MMA fight card. In addition, they will fight for the first STRIKEFORCE 145-pound Female Championship.

“I’m really excited to be coming back and to have a new home with Strikeforce,” said the 27-year-old Carano, whose combination of stunning looks and athleticism have cemented her role as the face of women’s MMA. In a Yahoo! online poll that named the “Top 10 Influential Women of 2008,” Carano ranked fifth, placing ahead of First Lady Michelle Obama and famed journalists Katie Couric and Barbara Walters.

“I’ve wanted this fight with Cyborg for a long time and so have the fans so it was important to me that it happen in my first fight back. I’ve been training hard the last few months and come August 15, I will be in the best shape of my life. This fight will absolutely deliver on all the hype.”

The live SHOWTIME telecast of STRIKEFORCE: “Carano vs. Cyborg” will begin at 10:30 p.m. ET/PT (tape delayed on the west coast) and will include up to five bouts.

Tickets for STRIKEFORCE: “Carano vs. Cyborg,” priced from $30, go on sale Monday at 10 a.m. PT at the HP Pavilion box office (408-287-7070) as well as at all Ticketmaster locations (800-745-3000), Ticketmaster online (www.ticketmaster.com), and the official STRIKEFORCE website (www.strikeforce.com).

Carano has soared to superstardom over the last two years while dominating opponents live on CBS and SHOWTIME. She raised her profile further during a stint as “Crush” on NBC’s athletic competition series American Gladiators. Carano is represented by Wasserman Media Group.

The matchup with Cyborg will be the second start of Carano’s career under the STRIKEFORCE banner. On December 8, 2006, she turned the tides on a determined Elaina Maxwell, a protégé of Cung Le, and pulled out a unanimous judges’ decision at STRIKEFORCE: “Triple Threat.”

The media has emphatically shown its appreciation for Carano’s individuality. She has been prominently featured in a number of national magazines including Muscle And Fitness and Maxim. Big Biz Magazine voted her “The Hottest Woman In America” in its Spring 2008 issue and Maxim ranked her number 16 in its Hot 100 list published in May 2009. Carano has also been profiled in the popular ESPN documentary series E:60.

The 23-year-old Cyborg, who hails from Brazil, has established herself as Carano’s top rival by leveraging her superior strength and striking skills to pummel opponents. In her last start, also her Strikeforce debut, Cyborg manhandled Hitomi Akano on April 11, stalking and battering the Japanese fighter before finishing Akano at the 35 second mark of the third round.

Cyborg is a member of Brazil’s famed Chute Boxe fight squad and trains alongside her husband and fellow Strikeforce competitor, Evangelista “Cyborg.”

It's on Sir! At Strikeforce! Yehey! :thumbsupsmiley:

Edited by maddromeo

Very good too Sir, that there is interest in this fight:

Here's an excerpt from my post in an MMA torrent-site/forum:

{ should'nt they make this open weight like the old UFC days? lol.

Seriously, though, this is all about Gina ...

She will lose due to stamina and eventual G&P stoppage or she'll win by submission or G&P tapout.

Standing striking, I would actually give the edge to Gina in terms of accuracy and power. Cyborg is all power.

Grappiling? I would give the edge to Gina, though neither are good grapplers.

I haven't seen them really stunned by strikes, so this would be interesting. But based on training vids, I would give the stronger chin to Cyborg.}

LONG AWAITED STRIKEFORCE CHAMPIONSHIP SHOWDOWN

WITH CRIS “CYBORG” MARKS BIGGEST WOMEN’S FIGHT IN HISTORY

After an eight month hiatus, mixed martial arts’ (MMA) leading lady, the undefeated and extremely popular Gina “Conviction” Carano (7-0) will compete in the first fight of her multi-fight agreement with STRIKEFORCE and is set to square off with rival powerhouse Cris “Cyborg” (7-1) in what is one of the most eagerly anticipated battles of all time, Saturday, August 15, live on SHOWTIME® at the HP Pavilion in San Jose, Calif.

Carano and Cyborg, the consensus two best female fighters in the world, will be the first women in MMA history to headline a major MMA fight card. In addition, they will fight for the first STRIKEFORCE 145-pound Female Championship.

“I’m really excited to be coming back and to have a new home with Strikeforce,” said the 27-year-old Carano, whose combination of stunning looks and athleticism have cemented her role as the face of women’s MMA. In a Yahoo! online poll that named the “Top 10 Influential Women of 2008,” Carano ranked fifth, placing ahead of First Lady Michelle Obama and famed journalists Katie Couric and Barbara Walters.

“I’ve wanted this fight with Cyborg for a long time and so have the fans so it was important to me that it happen in my first fight back. I’ve been training hard the last few months and come August 15, I will be in the best shape of my life. This fight will absolutely deliver on all the hype.”

The live SHOWTIME telecast of STRIKEFORCE: “Carano vs. Cyborg” will begin at 10:30 p.m. ET/PT (tape delayed on the west coast) and will include up to five bouts.

Tickets for STRIKEFORCE: “Carano vs. Cyborg,” priced from $30, go on sale Monday at 10 a.m. PT at the HP Pavilion box office (408-287-7070) as well as at all Ticketmaster locations (800-745-3000), Ticketmaster online (www.ticketmaster.com), and the official STRIKEFORCE website (www.strikeforce.com).

Carano has soared to superstardom over the last two years while dominating opponents live on CBS and SHOWTIME. She raised her profile further during a stint as “Crush” on NBC’s athletic competition series American Gladiators. Carano is represented by Wasserman Media Group.

The matchup with Cyborg will be the second start of Carano’s career under the STRIKEFORCE banner. On December 8, 2006, she turned the tides on a determined Elaina Maxwell, a protégé of Cung Le, and pulled out a unanimous judges’ decision at STRIKEFORCE: “Triple Threat.”

The media has emphatically shown its appreciation for Carano’s individuality. She has been prominently featured in a number of national magazines including Muscle And Fitness and Maxim. Big Biz Magazine voted her “The Hottest Woman In America” in its Spring 2008 issue and Maxim ranked her number 16 in its Hot 100 list published in May 2009. Carano has also been profiled in the popular ESPN documentary series E:60.

The 23-year-old Cyborg, who hails from Brazil, has established herself as Carano’s top rival by leveraging her superior strength and striking skills to pummel opponents. In her last start, also her Strikeforce debut, Cyborg manhandled Hitomi Akano on April 11, stalking and battering the Japanese fighter before finishing Akano at the 35 second mark of the third round.

Cyborg is a member of Brazil’s famed Chute Boxe fight squad and trains alongside her husband and fellow Strikeforce competitor, Evangelista “Cyborg.”

It's on Sir! At Strikeforce! Yehey! :thumbsupsmiley:

hope Carono doesn't need three tries before she makes weight ^_^ WAR Cyborg!

i hope Wand wins this Sunday's fight, i'm a Rich Franklin fan as well, but Wanderlei Silva comes first ^_^

i also hope Marcus Davis dominates Dan Hardy, but seriously Marcus Davis is going nowhere in 170, he should move down to 155 where he has a bigger chance for a title fight

the Kongo VS Velasquez fight will also be interesting, two really huge HW will duke it out, i wonder if Velasquez will be able to pull off a win here

Crocop is fighting in this card against Mustafa Al Turk right?

Edited by riceb0i

Well, it'll be another chance for me to burn a hole through the towel of Carano. lol

This Sunday's UFC is a turning point for both Velasquez and Kongo for a chance to take on the winner of the Mir-Lesnar fight ... IMO.

And of course this is make or break for Crocop

hope Carono doesn't need three tries before she makes weight ^_^ WAR Cyborg!

i hope Wand wins this Sunday's fight, i'm a Rich Franklin fan as well, but Wanderlei Silva comes first ^_^

i also hope Marcus Davis dominates Dan Hardy, but seriously Marcus Davis is going nowhere in 170, he should move down to 155 where he has a bigger chance for a title fight

the Kongo VS Velasquez fight will also be interesting, two really huge HW will duke it out, i wonder if Velasquez will be able to pull off a win here

Crocop is fighting in this card against Mustafa Al Turk right?

Marcus Davis Welterweight title bid got derailed due to his lost to Mike Swick! Hope he shuts Dan Hardy's big mouth with a punch! And get back to the welterweight title picture!

Carano vs. Cyborg! I'll give the looks to Gina and the fight to Cris Cyborg! Hehehe... but seriously tough choice to make here! Manunuod nalang ako! Whoever wins!? Fans ang panalo dito! Title fight daw ito @ 145lbs. Hope they both make weight and be professional enough to do so! Gina is known to be notorious at making weight while Cyborg missed weight in her last fight! Some said it was a taunt against Carano, Cyborg intentionally missing weight! Hehe... Ayus! :thumbsupsmiley:

GSP manraping Shields!? GSP better bring his "vaseline" para diretso sa puwet! Hahaha... If there's someone who can submit GSP then I'm sure it's Jake Shields! :hypocritesmiley:

Crocop wins via LHK over Al-Turk! Hopefully Mirko makes a run at the UFC HW division this time!

Edited by maddromeo

^

like above except for Kongo

speaking of Kongo, has anyone seen him fight a great BJJ stylist? i mean most of his fights are against strikers, wrestlers and freestyle fighters who are prone to stand and bang with him, i was thinking of Napao VS Kongo grappler VS striker, i dunno if this is gonna happen with the way things are going for Napao, he is now out of the HW race after that loss to Shane Carwin

UFC 99 Results

* Rich Franklin def. Wanderlei Silva via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)

* Cain Velasquez def. Cheick Kongo via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)

* Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic def. Mustapha Al-Turk via TKO (strikes) - Round 2, 3:47

* Mike Swick def. Ben Saunders via TKO (strikes) - Round 2, 3:47

* Spencer Fisher def. Caol Uno via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)

* Dan Hardy def. Marcus Davis via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)

* Terry Etim def. Justin Buchholz via submission (D'Arce choke) — Round 2

* Denis Siver def. Dale Hartt via submission (rear-naked choke) - Round 1

* Paul Taylor def. Peter Sobotta by unanimous decision

* Paul Kelly def. Roli Delgado via unanimous decision

* Stefan Struve def. Denis Stojnic via submission (rear-naked choke) - Round 2, 2:37

* John Hathaway def. Rick Story via unanimous decision

Edited by Great Milenko