Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

for me ang good matchup kay dragon is spider...

intayen na lng nten si anderson silva na tumaas ang ranking nya sa lightheavy... ayan ang mgandang laban tlga... ayan tlga mhirap ipredict kung sino mannalo...

pero about kay shogun, sa tingen ko wala syang mgagawa kay machida... nkakaawa lng un, i bet KO sya dun....

kimbo was reported to be one of the 16 hw contestant\fighter on tuf 10.

rampage+rashad+kimbo=tuf rating

they should put Sean Gannon in TUF 10 so Kimbo can get a rematch on the dude who pulverized him ^_^

but i bet Gannon won't bite it this time... after the beating in his only UFC fight in Boston hehehe damn he was a bloody mess during that fight

I'd bet on the dragon if he fights with shogun. machida is just way too good and unpredictable. of all the fights i've seen him in, the only anxious moment i've seen him in was when ortiz put the triangle choke on him but he still got out of it.

Lyoto got out of the choke because time expired so Tito had to let go, but i read somewhere that Lyoto nearly tapped or nearly napped with that Triangle to armbar by Tito, it just goes to show that Tito still has the grappling skills when he competed in ADCC

for me i really think the Pudgy BJ Penn who took on Lyoto early in his career was the only time that Lyoto felt he was in danger, or should i say i felt that Lyoto was in danger

if there is a LHW version of Miguel Torres, then that dude might be able to match Lyoto chief, another would be the Crocop who lost a decision against Fedor as well ^_^

Lyoto got out of the choke because time expired so Tito had to let go, but i read somewhere that Lyoto nearly tapped or nearly napped with that Triangle to armbar by Tito, it just goes to show that Tito still has the grappling skills when he competed in ADCC

for me i really think the Pudgy BJ Penn who took on Lyoto early in his career was the only time that Lyoto felt he was in danger, or should i say i felt that Lyoto was in danger

if there is a LHW version of Miguel Torres, then that dude might be able to match Lyoto chief, another would be the Crocop who lost a decision against Fedor as well ^_^

Hmmm... Let me add 'the Natural' Randy Couture as one of my picks on who might be able to neutralize Lyoto's in and out style. I based this on the following:

First off, Randy has proven time and again that he is not afraid to get hit just to get inside and tie someone up (and eventually take them down) as proven by his numerous fights against other quality standup fighters like Chuck Lidell and/or Vitor Belfort. He has to develop enough lateral movement though to negate Lyoto when he starts cutting angles around him in the octagon.

Secondly, it has become quite obvious that though it is nearly impossible to 'shoot' for a takedown against Machida (again due to that in and out style he employs) he is vulnerable to being tied up 'upper bodywise'. He has in fact taken several people down with that double underhook bodylock takedown he likes doing (Tito Ortiz for one and Thiago Silva and even Rashad Evans in their last bout). That style however of standup grappling would play to Randy's strengths as he is a former Olympic alternate greco roman wrestler. Apart from that in all the years that I have watched the UFC nobody is better at 'pinning' someone to the cage walls as Randy and that could be a formula for eventually being able to take Machida down and control him.

With the effects of age aside I think Randy honestly has the skills to pull it off. The only area we have not seen Machida that much is on the ground and on his back. Henry Sokoudjou was actually able to put him on his back for a few minutes during their fight but was not able to exploit the situation. Randy unlike Sokoudjou has the skills to either pass Machida's guard or pound him from either the full or the half guard as he has done to so many opponents before.

Apart from all that. I think that if the Randy/Fedor fight never ever materializes (we have been waiting for this one for ages to no avail) I think this would be a fitting 'final challenge' for the Natural, one of the best fighters of all time.

Hmmm... Let me add 'the Natural' Randy Couture as one of my picks on who might be able to neutralize Lyoto's in and out style. I based this on the following:

First off, Randy has proven time and again that he is not afraid to get hit just to get inside and tie someone up (and eventually take them down) as proven by his numerous fights against other quality standup fighters like Chuck Lidell and/or Vitor Belfort. He has to develop enough lateral movement though to negate Lyoto when he starts cutting angles around him in the octagon.

Secondly, it has become quite obvious that though it is nearly impossible to 'shoot' for a takedown against Machida (again due to that in and out style he employs) he is vulnerable to being tied up 'upper bodywise'. He has in fact taken several people down with that double underhook bodylock takedown he likes doing (Tito Ortiz for one and Thiago Silva and even Rashad Evans in their last bout). That style however of standup grappling would play to Randy's strengths as he is a former Olympic alternate greco roman wrestler. Apart from that in all the years that I have watched the UFC nobody is better at 'pinning' someone to the cage walls as Randy and that could be a formula for eventually being able to take Machida down and control him.

With the effects of age aside I think Randy honestly has the skills to pull it off. The only area we have not seen Machida that much is on the ground and on his back. Henry Sokoudjou was actually able to put him on his back for a few minutes during their fight but was not able to exploit the situation. Randy unlike Sokoudjou has the skills to either pass Machida's guard or pound him from either the full or the half guard as he has done to so many opponents before.

Apart from all that. I think that if the Randy/Fedor fight never ever materializes (we have been waiting for this one for ages to no avail) I think this would be a fitting 'final challenge' for the Natural, one of the best fighters of all time.

hahaha yeah Soku just tried to sit in Lyoto's guard so he got tapped ^_^

speaking of Soku anyone of you guys seen Soku's match against The Giant in DREAM 9's Super Hulk Tournament? hehehe Soku went berserk and gone apesh!t on the other fighter hehehe, i guess all that pent up aggression is a message that he's been underestimated by a lot of people ^_^

here's a link to an article and vid about it: http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/cagewrite...?urn=mma,166184

by the way check out LaTarsha Marzolla, she's a playboy model an a kickboxer & she's gonna try MMA, here's a link for it: http://www.mmafightgirls.com/post/213/lata...-and-wwe-actor/

Edited by riceb0i
hahaha yeah Soku just tried to sit in Lyoto's guard so he got tapped ^_^

speaking of Soku anyone of you guys seen Soku's match against The Giant in DREAM 9's Super Hulk Tournament? hehehe Soku went berserk and gone apesh!t on the other fighter hehehe, i guess all that pent up aggression is a message that he's been underestimated by a lot of people ^_^

here's a link to an article and vid about it: http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/cagewrite...?urn=mma,166184

Soku seemed clueless on what to do once he got on the ground with Machida. He even had him in half guard if I remember correctly which is pretty peculiar considering he's a former south african national judo champ and works with Dan Henderson and Team Quest who have a multitude of talented ground fighters. Either that or he was completely gassed out once they hit the canvass as we have seen him gas out in fights before.

As for the clip. The ref did appear as though he was trying to come in between Soko and his opponent so I guess it would have been quite clear to Sokoudjou that he had to stop already and any further damage he may inflicted was totally uncalled for. Some people argue that the ref should have done more but heck sometimes all you can really do is try to cover up the guy that's being pummeled.

Soku seemed clueless on what to do once he got on the ground with Machida. He even had him in half guard if I remember correctly which is pretty peculiar considering he's a former south african national judo champ and works with Dan Henderson and Team Quest who have a multitude of talented ground fighters. Either that or he was completely gassed out once they hit the canvass as we have seen him gas out in fights before.

As for the clip. The ref did appear as though he was trying to come in between Soko and his opponent so I guess it would have been quite clear to Sokoudjou that he had to stop already and any further damage he may inflicted was totally uncalled for. Some people argue that the ref should have done more but heck sometimes all you can really do is try to cover up the guy that's being pummeled.

yeah, go Yves Lavigne and use your body to protect the fighter not intelligently defending himself ^_^

anyways Soku apologized for being a douche, he said he was caught in the heat of the moment as he was visualizing his last 2 losses and wanted to come in strong again ^_^ now that's some bloodlust from the African Asassin ^_^

oh BTW you guys heard that Kid Yamamoto lost in DREAM 9? he should quit fighting at 155 and go down to 135 where he'd destroy everybody except Miguel Angel Torres ^_^

yeah, go Yves Lavigne and use your body to protect the fighter not intelligently defending himself ^_^

anyways Soku apologized for being a douche, he said he was caught in the heat of the moment as he was visualizing his last 2 losses and wanted to come in strong again ^_^ now that's some bloodlust from the African Asassin ^_^

oh BTW you guys heard that Kid Yamamoto lost in DREAM 9? he should quit fighting at 155 and go down to 135 where he'd destroy everybody except Miguel Angel Torres ^_^

It's DREAM's featherweight tournament @ 143lbs. FYI Sir! He got beat by Joe Warren, former US Olympic wrestler and fighting out of Team Quest! The guys only 2-0 in his MMA career & with a win over Kid Yamamoto! This guy is someone to watchout for at the Featherweight division! :hypocritesmiley:

Masakazu "Ashukan Judan" Imanari lost to Bibiano Fernandes via UD! I was hoping for a Imanari vs. Kid Yamamoto fight pa naman! Sayang! :thumbsdownsmiley:

Did anyone of you watched the Canseco vs. Hong Man Choi fight! WTF! Glad thats already over! Hehehe... I'm betting on Gegard Mousasi to win the Super Hulk Tournament of DREAM! :thumbsupsmiley:

It's DREAM's featherweight tournament @ 143lbs. FYI Sir! He got beat by Joe Warren, former US Olympic wrestler and fighting out of Team Quest! The guys only 2-0 in his MMA career & with a win over Kid Yamamoto! This guy is someone to watchout for at the Featherweight division! :hypocritesmiley:

Masakazu "Ashukan Judan" Imanari lost to Bibiano Fernandes via UD! I was hoping for a Imanari vs. Kid Yamamoto fight pa naman! Sayang! :thumbsdownsmiley:

Did anyone of you watched the Canseco vs. Hong Man Choi fight! WTF! Glad thats already over! Hehehe... I'm betting on Gegard Mousasi to win the Super Hulk Tournament of DREAM! :thumbsupsmiley:

the reason i said 155 chief is there are rumors of Kid and Dana talking UFC ^_^

dapat sa WEC siya kasi andun ang mga ka-weight nya, imagine Joe Warren is what? only 5 months in his MMA training, he's not even training out of team QUEST chief, not yet as of present but it would be really awesome if he does, and i bet he'd be a beast in a year or two ^_^

hehehe tap out due to strikes si Canseco kay HMC ^_^

swabe pa din yung Soku talaga hehehe bloodlusting African beatdown ^_^

maiba pala ako, sir geneticfreak kelan kaya tayo magkakaroon talaga ng MTC fightclub na pwede tayong mag get together para mag turuan ng mga nalalaman natin sa martial arts? i read in a thread here in the sports section na merong mga basketball fanatics na nagkaka-personalan eh, hehehe kapag may MTC fightclub na pwede sila dun mag brawl sa club ^_^

Oo nga Chief! Bluebelt nba?! Hehe... Personalan sa basketball?! Tsk tsk... patay tayo dyan! MTC Fight Club na nga! :hypocritesmiley:

By the way jus got my UFC Undisputed today with my reborn Xbox360 console from the US! Astig! Let's Get it On!!! Xbox Live na toh!? :thumbsupsmiley:

hmmm... mtc fight club sounds good! sana may mag organize.

i'm definitely in, if we can organize a MTC fightclub for us martial arts enthusiasts, yung mga mahilig mag-basketball nga eh nakapag tayo ng wednesday night basketball club, tayo din magtayo tayo ng fight club, all we need is a mat and a bit open space to roll in (basta hindi tayo mababasa ng ulan). anyone else wants in on this, maybe we can arrange something for this activity

Oo nga Chief! Bluebelt nba?! Hehe... Personalan sa basketball?! Tsk tsk... patay tayo dyan! MTC Fight Club na nga! :hypocritesmiley:

By the way jus got my UFC Undisputed today with my reborn Xbox360 console from the US! Astig! Let's Get it On!!! Xbox Live na toh!? :thumbsupsmiley:

hahaha nice Undisputed ^_^ sabihin mo sakin pre kung ilang araw ang nabuno mo bago mo makuha yung belt sa career mode ha ^_^

Kung matuloy man ito. I'm In. :thumbsupsmiley:

nice, now we're getting some response from the others about the MTC fightclub, hopefully makabuo tayo ng at least 10 people for this activity then we'll talk about the venue for this

nga pala banggitin ko na din dito yung post ni chief geneticfreak about Royce Gracie going to the Philippines this December for BJJ seminars, ayos na ayos to hehehe hopefully the school i train in gets him for a seminar and i'd definitely attend ^_^

Lyoto Machida vs Mauricio Rua confirmed for UFC 104 on October 24

It’s time for some Brazilian-on-Brazilian crime.

MMAmania.com has learned that bout agreements have been signed for the light heavyweight title fight between newly-minted champion Lyoto Machida (15-0) and 2005 Pride FC Middleweight Grand Prix winner Mauricio Rua (18-3) for UFC 104 at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, California, on October 24.

“Shogun” is coming off a first round technical knockout of former 205-pound champion, Chuck Liddell, at UFC 97: “Redemption” last month. He defeated Mark Coleman via third round technical knockout in a lackluster performance earlier this year at UFC 93: “Franklin vs. Henderson” to earn a crack at the “Iceman.”

It’s perhaps not the match up that most fans expected, especially when UFC President Dana White was quick to announce that Quinton “Rampage” Jackson would be the first to challenge Machida for his newly-won world title. But that all went out the window a few days later when Jackson apparently pressed UFC officials to settle a score with Rashad Evans via The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 10 first rather than compete to get his belt back.

That left "The Dragon" — who flattened Evans at UFC 98 to win the belt — all of a sudden without a number one contender … until now.

Despite his recent success, some UFC fans still aren’t sold on the abilities of Rua, who must now muster up some of the mojo he had during his blistering run in PRIDE to try and overcome an opponent who went from tentative to homicidal in the span of three figthts.

Machida will also try to stop the revolving door that has continued to spin atop the division afterChuckLiddell coughed up the 205-pound belt just over two years ago. In fact since May of 2007, the light heavyweight title has changed hands a total of four times.

No question Rua will be looking to make it five.

Stay tuned to MMAmania.com for more details on UFC 104 as they develop.

This will be a great fight. :thumbsupsmiley:

The 'Dragon' meets 'Shogun'

kapag natalo pa si Silva kay Franklin, magretire na sya

You're right, Sir. Rich already lost twice to one Silva (Anderson). He cannot afford to lose his fight to another Silva (Wanderlei). Not a good situation right now for 'Rich'. He needs to get back on track if he wants to remain in the UFC.

Guest megalodon
Not to take away anything from Shogun, but Shogun 2009 is different from Shogun 2006. The 2009 version is broken and lacks the steroids to jumpstart him, hehehehe... I'd say it will be the Dragon by anyway he wants... No one can take away the LHW belt from Lyoto, not just yet...

Yup. In my opinion, only his friend, The Spider, has the capability to beat him. Brandon Vera is long like Anderson Silva so there's a chance Vera could beat Machida in theory.

Yup. In my opinion, only his friend, The Spider, has the capability to beat him. Brandon Vera is long like Anderson Silva so there's a chance Vera could beat Machida in theory.

its possible if vera pushes hard & gets the nid of dana then he could possibly get a cracked at the LHW champ.

STRIKEFORCE: “LAWLER VS. SHIELDS” QUICK RESULTS:

Jake Shields defeats “Ruthless” Robbie Lawler via submission (guillotine choke) 2:02 R1

Brett “The Grim” Rogers defeats Andrei “The Pitbull” Arlovski via KO 0:22 R1

Nick Diaz defeats Scott “Hands of Steel” via submission (Brabo choke) 1:41 R3

Joe “Diesel” Riggs defeats Phil “New York Bad Ass” Baroni via unanimous decision (30-27)

Mike Whitehead defeats Kevin “The Monster” Randleman via unanimous decision (29-28)

Jesse Finney defeated Josh Baumgartner via submission (kimura) 1:55 R1

Mike Kyle defeated Rafael “Feijao” Cavalcante via KO 4:05 R2

Booker DeRousse defeats James Wade via TKO (strikes) 4:06 R1

Tyron “Tabasco” Woodley defeated Sal Woods via submission (north-south choke) 4:20 R1

Lucas Lopes defeats Scott Ventimiglia via disqualification (knee to a downed opponent) 3:26 R1

Pat Benson defeated Dave Cochran via submission (armbar) 2:18 R1