Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

Poor showing of A.Silva again! Counterstriker lang talaga! Thats why I never considered him as top P4P fighter! Fedor parin! :thumbsupsmiley:

hahaha another one of those comments...

both fighters respected each others skills, spider won't engage leites in a bjj match and leites well, who would want to face spider standing... silva fought an intelligent match halos walang nagawa yung challenger even sa ground when he was taken down..

counterstriker lang? hahaha, napanood mo ba attacks nya kay leites.. kung hindi magtatry mag pull guard yun tulog yun.. and what about his guard game.. the bjj ace was not able to take him down at will and when he was able to take spider down, he can't pass his guard talk about defense...

i hope other spectators would appreciate martial arts as martial arts and not as cock fighting or some freak show... (otherwise watch wwe or youtube mo si kimbo)

if you didn't like the outcome of the match don't blame both silva and leites they fought according to their and their opponents skills.. blame the match maker... malamang you put a striker against a ground fighter ganyan mangyayari.. remember the almeida-cote fight ganyan din... put wandy against spider or another striker or wrestler if you want fireworks against spider...

no offense meant... just some thoughts on the recent ufc main event fight and related comments.. peace bro!!!!!

--------

chuck's era has ended.. well it has ended long before but the fight against shogun culminates it.. thanx chuck for the great fights.. i hope you don't follow the footsteps of the first mma stars like (my first mma hero) ken shamrock..

with the end of an era comes a new begging.. having said that, let us now watch the birth of the MACHIDA ERA....

WAR MACHIDA!!!!

naisip ko lang UFC should sign back the phenom belfort and make him face spider... there will be fireworks.. both excellent strikers and phenom is an aggressive striker.. plus both are good on the ground... although odds would be against the phenom, I'd pick him over spider...

naisip ko lang UFC should sign back the phenom belfort and make him face spider... there will be fireworks.. both excellent strikers and phenom is an aggressive striker.. plus both are good on the ground... although odds would be against the phenom, I'd pick him over spider...

+ 1 on this one. The Vitor Belfort who showed up and massacred Matt Lindland at 185 lbs. during the last Afflicition M1 Global pay per view is one who could match up well against Anderson Silva

+2 na ko dyan Sir Genetic! With Belforts success in MW he would be a worthy opponent for the Spider! Rumor has it he may face Fedor at Affliction 3!? :hypocritesmiley:

Yes Sir TwentySix! Good to go ako sa May 9 at UKC7 sa Elorde! As of now Im cutting my weight already para ma reach yung 145lbs. limit that I signed up! 3 weeks to go pa naman so I dont see no problem to reach it! Maya makapag training ulit sa Elorde SouthMall to sharpen up my "skills" kung meron man!? Hehe... :thumbsupsmiley:

PEACE!!!

+2 na ko dyan Sir Genetic! With Belforts success in MW he would be a worthy opponent for the Spider! Rumor has it he may face Fedor at Affliction 3!? :hypocritesmiley:

Yes Sir TwentySix! Good to go ako sa May 9 at UKC7 sa Elorde! As of now Im cutting my weight already para ma reach yung 145lbs. limit that I signed up! 3 weeks to go pa naman so I dont see no problem to reach it! Maya makapag training ulit sa Elorde SouthMall to sharpen up my "skills" kung meron man!? Hehe... :thumbsupsmiley:

PEACE!!!

muay thai o mma?

PEACE!!!

goodluck! malamang manood na lang ako, hehe... same rules pa rin ba? 2 rounds, with head gear, body armor, shin guard and no elbow?

Bobby Lashley signs to fight super heavyweight Bob Sapp on June 27

Former World Wrestling Entertainment star and up-and-coming mixed-martial-arts heavyweight fighter Bobby Lashley (2-0) will fight former NFL lineman and kickboxer Bob Sapp (10-3-1) on June 27.

Lashley, an American Top Team fighter, announced the super-heavyweight fight with a Monday Twitter posting.

Lashley, who defeated Joshua Franklin and Jason Guida in his first two pro bouts, will now take on a competitor who will surely sell some tickets but likely to do little to help him mover up the MMA ladder.

The fight takes place at the Mississippi Gulf Coast Coliseum in Biloxi, Miss., for an upstart (and currently unnamed) MMA promotion.

While a victory over Sapp will likely do little to help Lashley's reputation in the industry, the K-1 kickboxer does present a legitimate challenge based on his size alone. The approximately 350-pound Sapp will likely outweigh Lashley by 100 pounds on fight night, and his 6-foot-5 frame should give him a reach advantage.

However, given Lashely's wrestling credentials (he's a two-time NAIA national collegiate wrestling champion), Sapp could be in serious trouble if the fight goes to the ground.

Sapp is 5-1 in his past six MMA fights. He last competed at the Dec. 31 K-1 Dynamite!! show in Japan, where he defeated Akihito Tanaka (who was dressed as a cartoon character) with a first-round TKO.

goodluck! malamang manood na lang ako, hehe... same rules pa rin ba? 2 rounds, with head gear, body armor, shin guard and no elbow?

Yes! Same Rules parin daw! Corny nga may body armor, 2 rounds 2 minutes each!

Sir Palakol Muay Thai yung lalabanan ko!

Speaking of Muay Thai! Ultimate Strikers sa MOA on Sunday! Kung gusto nyo hardcore Pinoy Muaythai actions ehto panuorin nyo! May knees and elbows! Hehehe... :thumbsupsmiley:

Hung Gar Kuen was the martial art of the real Wong Fei Hung,no,not what Jet Li did in once upon a time in china..Hung Gar is not acrobatic..its low kicks,strong punches,take downs....right now the only school for hung gar in the Philippines is in Manila chinatown..also one of the first schools that dont care if you chinese ,filipino or from jupiter anyone with a honest interest is welcome...soon there will be also classes in the TaeKwon Do center of MonsourDel Rosario in the Fort....

visit www.martial-club.com :thumbsupsmiley:

Badtrip yung laban ni Silva & Leites. Walang ibang ginawa si Leites kundi mahiga.

Eh kc naman super galing ni silva sa couterstriking... kaya gusto ni leites sa bjj sila kaso ayaw ni silva...kaya ayun panay ang higa nya...

I doubt him interms of age... if he still has what it takes to beat silva... baka matanda narin sya....

Yup! Mas matanda si A. Silva kaysa kay Vitor Belfort! You thought he's old because when he debuted in the UFC he was only 18 yrs. old! Kaya nga "Phenom"! He was knockin older and bigger opponents back then! :hypocritesmiley:

yep, he peaked early in his MMA career and it kinda dwindled down after his younger sister got kidnapped and was never found...

although his latest performance against Matt Lindland in the latest Affliction fight was really "Phenomenal" hehehe i guess being at 185 and being the aggressive Vitor will definitely revive his MMA career

but seriously, i'd like to see another Okami VS Silva fight

the Japanese fighters are known for their heart and we all know Okami wouldn't flop on his back when Silva tries to engage him

yep, he peaked early in his MMA career and it kinda dwindled down after his younger sister got kidnapped and was never found...

although his latest performance against Matt Lindland in the latest Affliction fight was really "Phenomenal" hehehe i guess being at 185 and being the aggressive Vitor will definitely revive his MMA career

but seriously, i'd like to see another Okami VS Silva fight

the Japanese fighters are known for their heart and we all know Okami wouldn't flop on his back when Silva tries to engage him

that okami fight is long overdue, if you ask me.

if they still won't set that up, please don't have anderson fight gsp yet. not yet. since wanderlei is moving down he should be next for anderson. the bad blood is there already, the ppv's the only thing that's missing.

that okami fight is long overdue, if you ask me.

if they still won't set that up, please don't have anderson fight gsp yet. not yet. since wanderlei is moving down he should be next for anderson. the bad blood is there already, the ppv's the only thing that's missing.

yeah The Axe Murderer should get his dibs with The Spider before GSP

GSP should fight Alves plus another WW contender or up & comer before they think about pitting him against The Spider

hehehe bring back Mayhem to the UFC and lets see if he'll be able to revenge his UD loss from GSP ^_^

Yup! There are a lot of Good Middleweight fighters outside the UFC! Robbie Lawler anyone?! How about Gegard Mousasi!?

Agree ako sayo Sir RiceBoi! They should give Okami the title shot that was due a year ago!? :hypocritesmiley:

BadBlood between A. Silva and W. Silva?! Is there any!? I thought the beef was more of A. Silva and Rudimar Fedrigo (ChuteBoxe GrandMaster)?!

kung nasa states lang ako i'd pay to see Anderson Silva defend his title against Wanderlei Silva hehehe ^_^

honga pala Demian Maia is from Team Wand ^_^ hehehe tuwang tuwa si Wand dun sa last na panalo ni Maia hehehe

hopefully yung aggressive standup ni Wand mag ruboff kay Maia kahit konti lang ^_^

kung nasa states lang ako i'd pay to see Anderson Silva defend his title against Wanderlei Silva hehehe ^_^

honga pala Demian Maia is from Team Wand ^_^ hehehe tuwang tuwa si Wand dun sa last na panalo ni Maia hehehe

hopefully yung aggressive standup ni Wand mag ruboff kay Maia kahit konti lang ^_^

Nakuh! Thats the dilemma of Wand dropping to MW! I was hoping Maia to challenge A. Silva for the belt!