Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

there's the tough guys vambudo tournament in pasig today, and yaw yan mixed martial arts fighting challenge in villamor airbase next week.

Musta pala tong Vambudo sir? lumaro ka ba? Nakaregister nako dito nung November palang e kaso I had to go to CDO for the Phil Olympic Festival Natiional Wrestling Championships eto nga kakabalik ko lang.

Nabanggit din saken nung mga yawyan na andun sa CDO for the muay thai event naman etong FC ng Yaw Yan may fight card na ba to?

Anyhow props to Philippie Nover for a well fought match. too bad we had to lose one to mexico this time but heck that's part of the game. Nasty injury there on Hill I agree with the sentiments here that perhaps 155 was not the right weight class for him. Maybe his calcium stores were depleted by the weight cut and/or he previously had an injury at the same area which caused it.

Koscheck galing. What a way to bounce back after the loss to the Pitbull.

bobby lashley just made his MMA debut.. haha.. another WWE superstar..

OoooHHHHH where at what MMA org? Whose better? Brock or Bobb?

Fedor refused to sign for Dana....it's all business.

HAHAHAHA The frustration of business...... When one gets the run for his money..... I wonder hpw would pacman react once a huge amount of money in politics.... hahaha

But I think Dana has a good head above his shoulders.... Just because fedor is number one... fedor thinks he should be given a huge chunk of "corned beef" fedor better prove first against Lesnar that he is worth the bank roll... but the coutre vs. fedor should come first, in this case its not about money, more on pride and skills ...

HAHAHAHA The frustration of business...... When one gets the run for his money..... I wonder hpw would pacman react once a huge amount of money in politics.... hahaha

But I think Dana has a good head above his shoulders.... Just because fedor is number one... fedor thinks he should be given a huge chunk of "corned beef" fedor better prove first against Lesnar that he is worth the bank roll... but the coutre vs. fedor should come first, in this case its not about money, more on pride and skills ...

Sorry typo error I mean pacman loosing so much money on politics.... ano kaya reaction nya....hahaha

The reason why the UFC contract for Fedor never pushed through was because Fedor didn't agree with the terms that he should only be fighting for UFC. He still wanted to compete with other tournaments like sambo and some other terms like he would still be managed by M1 global. White badly wanted Fedor to fight exclusively for UFC that when the contract did not push through, UFC totally dismissed Fedor (as seen in UFC not trying to co-promote fights with other MMA outfits like Affliction). Fedor is the consensus #1 best heavyweight MMA fighter and he really doesn't need anything else to prove since he's beaten alot of great MMA fighters (Mark Coleman, Kevin Randleman, Cro Cop, Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, Matt Lindland, Semmy Schilt, Tim Sylvia) some which have been UFC heavyweight champions. So he doesn't need anything to prove to Lesnar. Lesnar's the one who still needs to prove himself - though, you can consider beating a mid 40's fighter in Couture as accomplishment. hehehe. peace. :)

The reason why the UFC contract for Fedor never pushed through was because Fedor didn't agree with the terms that he should only be fighting for UFC. He still wanted to compete with other tournaments like sambo and some other terms like he would still be managed by M1 global. White badly wanted Fedor to fight exclusively for UFC that when the contract did not push through, UFC totally dismissed Fedor (as seen in UFC not trying to co-promote fights with other MMA outfits like Affliction). Fedor is the consensus #1 best heavyweight MMA fighter and he really doesn't need anything else to prove since he's beaten alot of great MMA fighters (Mark Coleman, Kevin Randleman, Cro Cop, Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, Matt Lindland, Semmy Schilt, Tim Sylvia) some which have been UFC heavyweight champions. So he doesn't need anything to prove to Lesnar. Lesnar's the one who still needs to prove himself - though, you can consider beating a mid 40's fighter in Couture as accomplishment. hehehe. peace. :)

bro, i'm not a Brock fan or anything but give the dude a break, he beat Randy fair and square bro, at least give him that. let's not use the age card any longer as an excuse that Randy got beat, Randy got caught with a fist to the temple that rocked him and the fight ended with Brock laying unreturned strikes to Randy. props to Brock for winning, breaks of the game as they say bro...

i'd just hope Brock is no Kimbo in the making man...

Most definitely Brock's No Kimbo! He has real MMA Skills and not just Hype!

I would like to see a Fedor vs. Brock fight! Fedor has always beaten taller and bigger fighters, after all he is small for a heavyweight! He dominated Semmy Schilt, Big Nog(twice), Mark Hunt (300lbs) and most recently Tim Sylvia! And now he will fight Arlovski! Match na match to in terms of speed and technique!

Ultimate 2008 is coming! Wand vs Rampage 3! Yehey!!! :thumbsupsmiley:

bro, i'm not a Brock fan or anything but give the dude a break, he beat Randy fair and square bro, at least give him that. let's not use the age card any longer as an excuse that Randy got beat, Randy got caught with a fist to the temple that rocked him and the fight ended with Brock laying unreturned strikes to Randy. props to Brock for winning, breaks of the game as they say bro...

+1 on this one. Brock is no joke. And though his fight CV is still rather short due to his lack of experience he is for real. I think he's been for real the moment he took down and hurt Frank Mir during their first fight. The man definitely has talent and Randy got beat fair and square.

All talk of Randy's age should have already ceased by now the man's proven time and again he's still relevant and still one of the best heavyweights out there time and time again. Brock didn't beat someone helpless and over the hill. He beat someone legit. let's give him that.

Edited by geneticfreak

lashley fights at HW (there's an interview on the ATT website with him saying that he won't be able to make LHW)

I posted a link a few weeks back on Lashley joining the MMA fray, i think he's sort of a kevin randleman type with a much better wrestling pedigree. Plus I love how he wants to work it out on the minor promotions first before jumping in on the UFC bandwagon. He said he wants to pay his dues like everybody else.

Lashley vs. Brock in 2010 should be something to watch.

lashley fights at HW (there's an interview on the ATT website with him saying that he won't be able to make LHW)

I posted a link a few weeks back on Lashley joining the MMA fray, i think he's sort of a kevin randleman type with a much better wrestling pedigree. Plus I love how he wants to work it out on the minor promotions first before jumping in on the UFC bandwagon. He said he wants to pay his dues like everybody else.

Lashley vs. Brock in 2010 should be something to watch.

Dream would be a good promotion for Bobby Lashley to start in. The japs are known for going crazy over pro-wrestling themed plots and I think Lashley's would be something new they could really promote.

Lashley vs Brock in 2010. That would he a hell of a match.

Bro, you might have misunderstood me...I'm not making any excuses for Randy nor am I belittling Brock's win over him. It's definitely a good win against a great fighter in Randy. But IMO, Brock needs more career defining wins against a lot of the current top heavyweights before I even consider him a heavyweight great. My previous post was a reply to the guy who mentioned that Fedor still needs to defeat Couture first before earning a shot at Lesnar. I meant come on, he was like saying that Fedor's not a proven fighter yet... What I meant by my post was for him to compare Fedor's resume to Lesnar's. Not to give excuses for Randy. And I've no beef whatsoever against Lesnar. He's a good thing that happened for heavyweight MMA. He has mainstream attention going for him which is good for MMA. But where his career goes from here I can't quite point my finger to. I seriously doubt whether he'd pitted against great grapplers like Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira at this early stage of his career. And I don't think that UFC is even interested in doing co-promotions with Affliction to make a fight with Fedor. Business-wise, it's a big risk to pit your top heavyweight dog and have him lose in a co-promotion. White is not willing to take that risk.

If he loses a bout now it would seriously damage his marketability considering that expectations are running high for him. Just like how people easily dismissed the Kimbo phenomenon. Like you, I do hope he makes it big in MMA. MMA needs younger and better fighters to keep the sport alive.

there's no good competition in Dream at heavyweight ATM, so i'm guessing that Lashley won't be able to prepare himself well for top tier MMA competition.

but that's just IMO

DREAM's got Crocop and Overeem right? but yeah they're aging and not really in their prime like Bobby Lashley ^_^ he could probably play with the Japs in Sengokuo as well WVR would have a lot of crazy Judo based HW that Lashley could face at the moment

i wonder if there's another Cain Velasquez type of fighter out there who could probably face Lashley first before he matches up with Brock.

SilentStriker sorry bout that, i misunderstood your statement as another age card reasoning, i mean i'm a hardcore Randy fan but he got caught with Brock's 4X fists ^_^

he doesn't need anything to prove to Lesnar. Lesnar's the one who still needs to prove himself .

Your actually correct but Would it be more defining in fedors case to beat a guy with so much athlethicism... Just look at lesnars hand... he has the hands of 155lb plus his strong physic... IMO most of those who lost to fedor are "slender" big men, hindi payat pero tama lang... let look at brock pucha this guy is a solid steriod head sa lapad... so lets see what happens if ever these two men get to face each other...

Your actually correct but Would it be more defining in fedors case to beat a guy with so much athlethicism... Just look at lesnars hand... he has the hands of 155lb plus his strong physic... IMO most of those who lost to fedor are "slender" big men, hindi payat pero tama lang... let look at brock pucha this guy is a solid steriod head sa lapad... so lets see what happens if ever these two men get to face each other...

Just to argue with the point "slender" big men. Have a look at these guys whom Fedor defeated - Hong Man Choi, Semmy Schilt, Kevin Randleman, Mark Coleman, Tim Sylvia, Mark Hunt, Gary Goodridge, Cro Cop. I wouldn't call them as slender big men. Especially Hong Man Choi. Peace bro :) But I do hope UFC will arrange a Lesnar - Emelianenko fight. But I think it should not be at this stage of Lesnar's career. It's a very high risk match for Lesnar. He should first test some good grapplers first before fighting a well rounded fighter like Emelianenko. Because Emelianenko can beat you standing up (Cro Cop fight) or on the ground game (Nogueira).

DREAM's got Crocop and Overeem right? but yeah they're aging and not really in their prime like Bobby Lashley ^_^ he could probably play with the Japs in Sengokuo as well WVR would have a lot of crazy Judo based HW that Lashley could face at the moment

i wonder if there's another Cain Velasquez type of fighter out there who could probably face Lashley first before he matches up with Brock.

SilentStriker sorry bout that, i misunderstood your statement as another age card reasoning, i mean i'm a hardcore Randy fan but he got caught with Brock's 4X fists ^_^

I'm cool with that hehehe. But it's undeniable that age can and will always be a factor in a fight. Age can pull you through a match because of the advantage of having more experience and smarts but it can also let you down since our body deteriorates as we grow old. But since Couture has proven time and again that his experience wins him fights - I give due credit to Lesnar. He's simply a freak of nature. He's young, he's hungry and very strong.

Si Hong Mang Choi na lang muna ilaban kay Lashley o kaya si Bob Sapp or that big jap guy who had that 'fistfight' with Donn Frye. Also just for the sake of show maybe they could put him in there with Giant Silva or Akebono. hehehe.

Lesnar vs. Mir 2-- lets all watch and wait for lesnar to break an arm, leg or neck wehehehe

Mir won't even get past Noguiera. Again if you look at this fight Nog's got all the advantages. Let's say however that for argument's sake that skill wise both of them were equal (though again I think Nog is a vastly more superior BJJ blackbelt than Frank Mir just check out the record books Nog has 19 MMA wins via submission while Mir only has 7. I also give the striking advantage to Nog).

Now let's look at the other 'intangible' in this fight.

CONDITIONING.

This aspect of the game clearly goes to Nog as we have seen time and time again how durable a fighter Nog is. Frank Mir's conditioning has really sucked big time since that motorcycle accident. He was already sucking air against Dan Christinson (Dan who? this guy ain't even on the same level as the Heath Herrings or Ben Rothwells of the world) during their fight and escaped with a decision.

A reliable indicator of how good your conditioning is, is how well and how quickly you recover from a knockdown or from damage recieved during the course of the fight. Nog has never been stopped. He has been controlled and GNP'd by Fedor (the greatest HW and fighter in the planet IMO) but he has never ever been knocked out. The same thing can't be said about Frank Mir. He has been knocked out previously by Ian Freeman, TKO'd by Marcio 'Pedapano' Cruz and of course by the Truth Brandon Vera.

And I mean come on. He got beaten rather handily by Pedapano Cruz. Nog has the skills of a Pedapano combined with an iron chin, exceptional cardio, great recoverability and good striking. I don't see how Mir can win this one unless a freak accident happens to Nog in the midst of the action.

Edited by geneticfreak
Si Hong Mang Choi na lang muna ilaban kay Lashley o kaya si Bob Sapp or that big jap guy who had that 'fistfight' with Donn Frye. Also just for the sake of show maybe they could put him in there with Giant Silva or Akebono. hehehe.

i think Bobby Lashley is training with Giant Silva as of the moment so i guess a match between them is unlikely for the moment. ATT is doing great in developing Lashley as an MMArtist as they're not cramming up everything all at once but training him stage by stage. i think best to match up Lashley against Big Daddy Goodrich for the moment ^_^

Sanchez Could Face Stevenson at UFC 95

Sanchez Could Face Stevenson at UFC 95 Diego Sanchez could get a stern test in his first fight at 155 pounds.

The middleweight winner of the first season of Spike TV’s “The Ultimate Fighter” has verbally agreed to face Joe Stevenson at UFC 95 on Feb. 21 at the O2 Arena in London, according to a source close to the New Mexico native. Bout agreements have yet to be signed, however, said the source.

Sanchez, 26, announced his intentions to drop down to the lightweight division in December and will enter his first fight of 2009 on a two-fight win streak. Sanchez (19-2) submitted David Bielkheden at UFC 82 last March and stopped gritty American Top Team standout Luigi Fioravanti with strikes at “The Ultimate Fighter 7” Finale in June.

Sanchez’s only two career losses have come in the welterweight ranks to Josh Koscheck at UFC 69 in April 2007 and Jon Fitch via split decision at UFC 76 in September 2007, shortly after he left lifelong trainer Greg Jackson in Albuquerque, N. M. Sanchez now trains under Brazilian jiu-jitsu black belt Saulo Ribeiro and Rob Garcia in San Diego.

Stevenson (29-9), who won TUF’s second season at welterweight, has dropped two of his last three bouts. The former King of the Cage and Gladiator Challenge champion succumbed to a second-round rear-naked choke at the hands of lightweight champion B.J. Penn at UFC 80 last January in Newcastle, England, and was submitted with the same maneuver by Kenny Florian at UFC 91 in November. The 26-year-old ground fighter has gone 6-3 in the Octagon.

it will be another tough fight for joe stevenson...