Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

A Filipino-American Nurse in the next TUF show. That's very impressive I hope he makes it far. Go Pinoy.

Too bad I probabbly won't be able to see Chuck at MOA though. I'm officiating an in-house tournament at the same date which starts at about the same time. Hay. I hope there's still a chance to get to meet and greet him though.

Quinton Jackson preparing for UFC 91 fight with Wanderlei Silva

Former UFC light heavyweight champion Quinton "Rampage" Jackson (28-7 MMA, 3-1 UFC) has begun preparations for a UFC 91 fight with Wanderlei Silva (32-8-1 MMA, 2-3 UFC).

Sources within Jackson's new camp at the Wolfslair Academy says that Jackson has agreed to the Nov. 15 bout and has already begun a six-week fight camp with the U.K.-based team.

However, the UFC has yet to announce the bout, and neither fighter could publicly confirm the match-up.

The Jackson-Silva bout will likely serve as the co-main event to UFC 91's headline fight of UFC heavyweight champion Randy Couture vs. Brock Lesnar. The fight card, which also includes Kenny Florian vs. Joe Stevenson, takes place at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.

anyone know why Rampage left Juanito?

From what I heard he left him right after the loss to Forrest Griffin. I kinda think it was more of a decision out of rage and frustration over his last loss more than anything else. He had a 'breakdown' so to speak and one of the things he was said to have done during his alleged 'episode' was that he fired Juanito Ibarra.

that's Rampage Jackson for you, after that stunt he pulled Ibarra won't be coaching him for a long time. so its another Silva - Jackson fight? i wonder if Wand would bring the fight to Rampage like he did in Pride... i also wonder if Rampage is over his episodes as well ^_^

at least Rampage ain't in jail like Melvin Guillard though.

i wonder who won the Danzig - Guida fight? any links to UFC fight night?

hope Ken wins and doesn't take a dive for Kimbo as well ^_^

Edited by riceb0i
wrong move IMO

Juanito is one of the best trainers in MMA (at least in striking and octagon control) trainers out there. nothing against his new camp, but rampage should have gone to a better one.

Yeah big time wrong move man. I mean if he felt that the training Juanito gave him just wasn't enough for him to beat Forrest he could have left him in good terms. No matter how your last match went you don't fire the man who finally gave you a chance to have an organized training camp for the first time in your career. But what the heck it's rampage and his one crazy SOB.

UFC FIGHT NIGHT 15 RESULTS:

Nate Diaz defeats Josh Neer via Split Decision

Clay Guida defeats Mac Danzig via Unanimous Decision

Alan Belcher defeats Ed Herman via Split Decision

Eric Schafer defeats Houston Alexander via Submission (Triangle Arm Choke) Round 1

Alessio Sakara defeats Joe Vedepo via knockout (head kick) in round one

Wilson Gouveia defeats Ryan Jensen via submission (armbar) in round two

Joe Lauzon defeats Kyle Bradley via technical knockout (strikes) in round two

Jason Brilz defeatsBrad Morris via technical knockout (strikes) in round two

Mike Massenzio defeats Drew McFedries via submission (kimura) in round one

Dan Miller defeats Rob Kimmons via submission (rear naked choke) in round one

Edited by Serial Killer
UFC FIGHT NIGHT 15 RESULTS:

Nate Diaz defeats Josh Neer via Split Decision

Clay Guida defeats Mac Danzig via Unanimous Decision

Alan Belcher defeats Ed Herman via Split Decision

Eric Schafer defeats Houston Alexander via Submission (Triangle Arm Choke) Round 1

Alessio Sakara defeats Joe Vedepo via knockout (head kick) in round one

Wilson Gouveia defeats Ryan Jensen via submission (armbar) in round two

Joe Lauzon defeats Kyle Bradley via technical knockout (strikes) in round two

Jason Brilz defeatsBrad Morris via technical knockout (strikes) in round two

Mike Massenzio defeats Drew McFedries via submission (kimura) in round one

Dan Miller defeats Rob Kimmons via submission (rear naked choke) in round one

Good to see that 'the Carpenter' is back on the winning track (pati na si Wilson Gouveia and Joe Luazon).

And Alessio Sakara KO via headkick! Now that's something. A win from the former pro-boxer via head kick.

Mukhang 'flash in the pan' talaga tong si Houston Alexander. Another loss this time to Ravishing Red Schafer good to see him winning again.

wrong move IMO

Juanito is one of the best trainers in MMA (at least in striking and octagon control) trainers out there. nothing against his new camp, but rampage should have gone to a better one.

True, but when you hear things like these...

Tito Ortiz on Juanito Ibarra:

"Let me explain this to you because it really pisses me off that Ibarra has done what he has done, he is a thief," said Ortiz. "I have been running training camps for seven years up in Big Bear California and the most that my camp has cost a fighter to attend is $35,000. Ibarra was charging Jackson $65,000 to go to Big Bear. I don't understand that! He was being very disrespectful and taking advantage of Rampage. Including travel, training partners, food and lodging, the most ever was $35,000, maybe if you flew in more trainers… 40K. Where did that extra money go that Ibarra was charging? Rampage is really pissed and he feels betrayed that he was taken advantage of and I couldn't agree more with him. I don't care if Juanito reads this or hears about it anywhere, he already knows that he is blackballed. I don't care who you are; fighters work very hard for the money they earn and I feel slighted for even knowing Juanito."

Add to the fact that Cheick Kongo also jumped ship to Team Wolfslair, and there might be something definitely up.

But then again, Juanito finally spoke out...

Ibarra: I've never done anything I wasn't asked to do, and that's it. I would never take anything from anybody without them giving it to me. Never.

SI.com: Why do you believe your relationship with Quinton fell apart?

Ibarra: I don't know. It's a mystery. If I had the hours to sit down with him, it would be great. I never had that opportunity. He's doing other things, and God bless him. Hopefully I helped him in his life, in his career, and so be it. I have to move on.

SI.com: Have you attempted to talk to Rampage?

Ibarra: Of course I did.

SI.com: So he has not talked to you then?

Ibarra: If he and I could have spoken, I wish he would accept me and sit down with me. But, you know, people around him — his advisors, etc. — said that that wasn't going to happen.

Nobody really knows why Rampage and Juanito Ibarra split up, some reports its about money issues!? Hope Wolfslair trains Rampage well if he's gonna face the Axe Murderer for the 3rd time! With Rampge;s improved boxing, I think he stands a better chance with Wandy this time!

Alexander lost for the 3rd straight time! Is he on the way out of the UFC or what!? :thumbsdownsmiley:

well...houston alexander is not a complete fighter...he is very strong physically...his strikes are deadly but when he was taken down to the ground...he doesn't even know what to do...he couldn't defend strikes or defend submissions..if UFC wants to give him a chance to win..alexander needs to learn the ground game..at least defend properly...or get a relatively known fighter who also doesn't know the ground game.. :headsetsmiley:

The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) Season 8

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/9248/30a6jbljw9.jpg

Before interim UFC heavyweight champion Antonio Rodrigo ‘Minotauro’ Nogueira and Frank Mir clash in the Octagon later this year, the two ground fighting aces will compete as coaches on the eighth season of the hit Spike TV reality show, The Ultimate Fighter.

The Ultimate Fighter: Team Nogueira vs Team Mir, premieres Wednesday night on Spike TV following UFC Fight Night, and if the first episode of the show is any indication, this season should be one of the most memorable yet.

Light heavyweight elimination #1: Mike Stewart (1-0) vs. Krzysztof Soszynski (16-8-1)

Lightweight elimination #1: Fernando Bernstein (2-0) vs. Dave Kaplan (2-1)

Lightweight elimination #2: Joe Duarte (3-0) vs. Phillipe Nover (4-0-1)

Light heavyweight elimination #2: Eric Magee (3-1) vs. Jules Bruchez (0-0)

Light heavyweight elimination #3: Vinicius Magalhaes (2-2) vs. Lance Evans (2-2)

Light heavyweight elimination #4: Antwain Britt (4-1) vs. Ryan Jimmo (6-1)

Lightweight elimination #3: Brian McLaughlin (5-0) vs Brandon Garner (4-1)

Lightweight elimination #4: Junie Browning (2-0) vs Jose Aguilar (2-0)

http://rapidshare.com/files/146232615/The....D-aAF.part1.rar

http://rapidshare.com/files/146232445/The....D-aAF.part2.rar

watch it online:

http://www.megavideo.com/?v=DRMVO436

Edited by Serial Killer
if UFC wants to give him a chance to win..alexander needs to learn the ground game..at least defend properly...or get a relatively known fighter who also doesn't know the ground game.. :headsetsmiley:

Easier said than done while competing in arguably the most popular and most stacked (well talent-wise) division in the UFC. LHW.

Alexander really needs to make big time adjustments to his fight game cause he is definitely one-dimensional. He is a strong striker that's it, no ground game whatsoever as someone here already pointed out.

I'd actually be surprised if the Fertitas do give him another fight.

Thanks to Serial Killer for the links. Will enjoy all these vids for sure.