The Car Buying Guide - Brand New Cars

Good Day Automotive Freaks!

Just need you expert opinions, suggestions, tips and even your violent reactions regarding all the available brand new vehicles in the market.

I'm planning on buying a brand new vehicle and my estimated budget would be around 1M, theres 4 of us in the family (2 small kids) and at timse my sister and my dad (very seldom). What would you guys suggest that I get considering all the usual concerns like fuel consumption, durability, resale value, ride, value for money etc. We do occasional out of town trips but only in tagaytay and/or batangas.

Other concerns that I have would be the availability of the unit since I'm gonna sell or trade in my 97 Civic VTi and I cannot afford not to have a vehicle to use. I'm gearing towards a 2010 model Crosswind XUV but I'm still open to any other options.

Please advice guys (and gals), Happy Motoring & drive safely!!!

PT

you can avail of what is already available in the market or wait for the new mitsubishi RVR coming this june

new 1.8 variable valve engine from mitsubishi, great exterior

http://www.topgear.com.ph/news/mitsubishi-...ossover-vehicle

Good Day Automotive Freaks!

Just need you expert opinions, suggestions, tips and even your violent reactions regarding all the available brand new vehicles in the market.

I'm planning on buying a brand new vehicle and my estimated budget would be around 1M, theres 4 of us in the family (2 small kids) and at timse my sister and my dad (very seldom). What would you guys suggest that I get considering all the usual concerns like fuel consumption, durability, resale value, ride, value for money etc. We do occasional out of town trips but only in tagaytay and/or batangas.

Other concerns that I have would be the availability of the unit since I'm gonna sell or trade in my 97 Civic VTi and I cannot afford not to have a vehicle to use. I'm gearing towards a 2010 model Crosswind XUV but I'm still open to any other options.

Please advice guys (and gals), Happy Motoring & drive safely!!!

PT

why don't you check out the new CRV of Honda?! it have 8 glow-plugs or spark plugs!

& i think the price range from 1.4-1.5M! 4x4 wheel n xa!

of course maganda p service!

why don't you check out the new CRV of Honda?! it have 8 glow-plugs or spark plugs!

& i think the price range from 1.4-1.5M! 4x4 wheel n xa!

of course maganda p service!

I really like the new model CRV, ive been a honda user for years and I have all the praises for the quality of their cars. Its the 4-5 hundred thou difference is whats keeping me from considering it. Still it looks good but I might take a second look.

Ang daming conflict . . .

2 small kids - Everest

fuel consumption - Innova

durability - Innova

resale value - Montero

ride - Montero

value for money - Innova

Crosswind looks great, but it's another story in actual use.

What do you mean in actual use? Whats the problem with it? Is it the ride?

I have tried an Innova, it seems like its not too friendly with fuel hehehe

Edited by peep_tom
crosswind (like the adventure) is looooooong overdue for a redesign. facelift lang ng facelift yung mga yan...

bettor off with a innova or wait for the mitsu fuzion as i was told that a new diesel engine would be out this year.

btw, am no expert hehehe

The problem with a totally new release of those type of vehicles is that it wont cost the same anymore, for sure it would cost a couple of hundreds more

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
If I were to choose,

Any CDi (diesel) car you can afford is very practical.

The problem lang nga is most CDi are Korean Cars such as Hyundai and Kia. Stay away from korean cars since talagang di maganda ang quality nito as compared with a Japanese car.

Suzuki cars are also ok..

That is so 90's. You might be surprised at the improvements Hyundai/Kia have made to their quality. In Europe, the hottest car right now is the cee'd, which is manufactured by Kia. Hyundai just shot up the as the number 1 in customer retention ratings, surpassing Honda AND Toyota. And when something fails, who can beat the 5 year/160tkm warranty that those Koreans offer? Hyundai engine designs were the basis for GEMA engines, which is used by a lot of car manufacturers including Mitsubishi and Chevrolet. The new Kia Forte's engine is now considered the best in its class. They also rolled out a new class-leading 6-speed automatic transmission, designed purely inhouse. You want to stay away from that? hehehe

• 4 months later...