The Mail Box

Crater,

I won't spend my remaining days there trying to prove you're wrong. Everybody knows you are. I simply don't care. :)

Oh well... Don't worry. Don't think too much. That's too stressful for your tiny brain to bear. Don't think you're ugly. Just think of yourself as a beautiful monkey.

Me

U,

Sometimes, we need to focus on our blessings. Like the Land Reform officials still on our side. Or cousins who do not sell us out. Or allies and old reliables who do not abandon us, the later and lesser generations of our antecedents. Or our health and good looks. Or the fact that the mayor has not yet confiscated any of our undefended assets...

If all we focus is are the things that do not work, like the police confiscating oyour licensed firearms cache, no progress will happen. Now we realise that at least the police back the only went after some of our firearms, while more dangerous foes now go after our land assets.

So I suggest we instead focus on what is still going strong for us, and capitalise on that. For the ills of the world or local politicians will go on some time yet. And if we only focused only what does not work, we will not progress.

"There is no surety on this world. Only opportunity"

-General MacArthur

LETTER FROM A DAUGHTER

It pains me to see the stuff I grew up with being disposed one by one. I am not that materialistic, you know that, but it’s like a part of my past is now either being sold or given away. In a few weeks time, we’ll start anew… our own stuff, without you guys. I would want to have you nearby as much as possible, for who knows what might happen while we are miles apart? Still, you have to do what you think would be best for you as much as I know I already have my own decisions to make. I still am in that state of denial, trying to bury the thought that Christmas and New Year will be spent not with you but with my new family… my OWN family… and it’s not because I don’t want to spend it with you anymore, but it’s because you’d be spending it millions of miles from here where you’d be spending it for the next few years to come.

Take care of yourselves, especially you, dad. Your little nurse won’t be around to run after you whenever you need a massage after your fun run habits. Don’t worry about me, you know that he treats me like a princess and I do hope that would ease your minds a bit. I am in good, big hands, and we will try to make it work just as you guys did. You’ll be proud of us, you’ll see…I promise, and he did promised that to you Dad.

I vividly remember your sound advice Dad, on finding Mr. Right: “Ang lalaki madaling mahalin pag gwapo, galante o may kotse …. ang ‘di ninyo alam, mas masarap mahalin ang lalaking may pangarap at walang maipagmamalaki kundi IKAW! As for you Mom, now I’ll be able to experience first hand what you have been nagging whenever you scold me: “Tandaan mo ang mga sinasabi ko at mararanasan mo rin ang mga iyan kapag ika’y naging ina ng tahanan at magkaroon ng sarili mong pamilya.”

We’ll see you in a few years. Hope you’d still be around to provide us support once it’s our turn to settle there.

Always,

your little girl no more

ps

I’ll take care of the old photo albums (I know you love them than e-copies) the most. I know how much they mean to you.

• Like (+1) 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Rye,

It is when you most hate me that you best love me.

You have loved me at my weakest, held me tight at my worst,

never "spared the rod" when I needed "spanking."

Thank you for the unconditional embrace.

We miss you. Terribly.

See you again next week.

-D

Edited by Danielle
  • 2 weeks later...

“I wanted so badly tolie down next to her on the couch, to have my arms wrapped around her andsleep. Not f#&k, like in those movies.Not even have sex. Just sleep together in the most innocent sense of thephase. But I lacked the courage and she had a boyfriend and I was gawky and she was gorgeous, and I washopelessly boring and she was endlessly fascinating. So I walked back to my room and collapsed onthe bottom bunk, thinking that if people were rain, I was drizzle and she washurricane.”

- John Green, Looking for Alaska

No, Bun. I was just the drizzle and we became the hurricane.

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Mr. Future Husband,

My apologies for refusing to find you. I believe it is your turn to find me in this haystack called life. However, I strongly encourage you to stake your claim the moment you find me. I may resist at first, but I am confident that your patience and perseverance will win me over.

I rather have fun with you than with someone else who won't take me seriously. Don't take too long.

Sincerely,

Your Future Wife

:blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Edited by neville
  • 2 weeks later...

You...

I was hoping to rekindle what was supposed to be a good friendship...

but why does it always end in some kind of drama...

you say I put you down and make you feel bad, woman, you have no idea

how much worse I can get to really make you feel down and out, especially with all the information you have just given me..

and to set the f#&king record straight, I was just saying I don't make judgements based solely on appearance, it's how the person acts that determines kung malalaet ba sya o hindi... and I was NOT in anyway putting you down

so go ahead, cut me outta your life, been quite ok being out of it anyways...

me

Life,

You scare the s-h-_t out of me, you with your curveballs.

Thanks for making me realize I wasn't ever meant for the corporate world, only after 12 years working in it. I ask myself if I am ready to go back to a simple, quiet life, and my answer is "yes". I ask myself again if I am really ready, and I hear a "no". Why is that?

It is because you scare the s-h-_t out of me, you with your curveballs.

Now my shrink says that I should live in the now and let go of my past, and not worry too much about the future. That I will do. I must do.

But still, you scare the s-h-_t out of me, you with your curveballs.

Ms. A

• Like (+1) 1

well paint me a silly schoolgirl shade of happy.

thank you for that. and for the job application, the obvious enthusiasm for beer, the barbs on my vote for best beards on tv,

for having the same exact feelings about speaking out or staying mum,

and for remembering all the key words. that is something.

good luck with that non-bonus huh :)

The moment I laid my hands on you, I already knew that I will be coming back for more. Every angle that keeps me falling makes me more crazy about you. Since then I couldn't stop thinking about you. The moment I wake up until before I sleep, you literally and figuratively fill my head. I want to be strong for you. To reach you all the time. To grab you yet gently so as not to smother you, suffocate you, I don't want you take it against me.

In time, I will take you outdoors with me for I know that the four corners of the room will eventually bore you. Getting tired of me is the last thing I want you to feel about me. The thought of us going out, under the sun or dancing in the moonlight with our hands interwined or sometimes with my legs clinged on you - it all sends chills to my spine.

You so drive me crazy and I want to be perfect for you.