The Mail Box

dear,

it's your birthday today and i am writing this from your favorite city in asia.

a lot of things have happened since you left. next month, i am finally moving to that island - the sunny side of life.

thanks in part to you for pushing me. it's going to be a cool adventure, i know.

it is very cold here and i miss you more. i wish you hadn't left just like that.

happy birthday again. i know the stars shine brighter where you are now.

with all my heart,

k

Dear Teach,

Thank you for giving me the time of my life. There's so much out there that I would love to discover with you.

Your Student

============================

Dear 2011,

I'm glad you're finally here. 2010 was a tough year, and yet she taught me a lot in just a span of 12 months. I can't wait to show you what she taught me.

I'm rarin' ta' go!

Anne

=============================

B,

I'm finally ready to say goodbye to you. You were a phase, a necessary transition.

The real Me

Dear Ma, Pa, and Bro,

I felt mixed emotions leaving home earlier. I was relieved to go back to my hole here in Manila and regain my independence, and at the same time, I'm pining for you guys. I love you all, and I'll make you even prouder.

Ate

======================================

Dear Teach,

Smile...it's your day! See you at dinner time. I love you, my dear rock star.

Your Student

=======================================

Dear HSBC,

I wish you would put up more branches. The fiascos with your phonebanking and online services are really starting to piss me off.

Almost-irate Stakeholder

=========================================

Dear IT,

I've been gone for only 8 days and now I can't log into my webmail???? How long will it take for you to reset my password again?

Getting Impatient

Guest Serenity12

Housekeeping,

I was pretty fond of that underwear, dammit. I can't see why you returned my blouse which you found under the sofa but failed to return my underwear which I presumed you found under the bed. I haven't had sleep from the time I checked in until I checked out so pardon if I failed to check for my stuff left in the room. Now all I have is a useless bra top without the matching panty.

Someone spare me from male housekeeping staff. Sigh.

To Marlboro Black and to all the other brands I've smoked before,

I want to say goodbye for good. You have been great companions in my loneliness, and you've kept me focused during times of dire stress. Unfortunately, I love my life more, and I want to stay healthy.

I'm going to cut you out of my life forever. Goodbye.

A

=============================================

Dear Boss,

I don't want to get sick anymore. I'm following your advice.

Your Padawan

==============================================

Dear Teach,

It took my boss and my health to give me a whack in the head to make me do what you've been dropping hints on for months.

Now you can start kissing me without the hint of cigarettes in my breath (despite the brushing and mouthwash). I love you for loving my life.

'Wish we lived closer to each other so I'd have a jogging partner.

Your Student

Anong pinagsasabi mo? I'm starting to believe how too self-absorbed you are. Do you think you are sooooo sought after by many and envied by others? Iniisip mo lang yan. LOL. Wake up. Hindi ba tumatalab ang gravity sayo at hindi mo maitapak ang mga paa mo sa lupa? Taruuuush.. WTH, lumalabas ang pagiging mean ko pag nakikita kita. LOL. :P

Dear,

I can't believe how strong your influence is on me. I managed to stop habitual smoking, and start jogging in the morning, all because of the subtle hints you've been dropping. No one, I repeat, no one has ever had this kind of hold on me.

And even if you don't say that you love me as often as I would want you to, or even if you aren't as openly affectionate as I am, I really don't care anymore. What you do for me, with me, and to me - that's more than enough to show what real love is.

I won't ever stop being generous with saying "I love you"...

Your Student

Dearest Husband,

I wanted to say something but couldn't find the words.

Then Dixie Chicks saved me when it sang,

I wanna walk and not run

I wanna skip and not fall

I wanna look at the horizon

And not see a building standing tall

I wanna be the only one

For miles and miles

Except for maybe you

And your simple smile

Oh it sounds good to me

Yes it sounds so good to me

Cowboy take me away