The Mail Box

JC/TJ,

:flowers:

Fallen by Lauren Wood

I can't believe it, you're a dream comin' true.

I can't believe how I have fallen for you.

And I was not looking, was content to remain.

And it's ironic to be back in the game.

You are the one who's led me to the sun.

How could I know that I was lost without you...

And I want to tell you, you control my rain..

And you should know that you are life in my veins.

You are the one who's led me to the sun.

How could I know that I was lost without you...

I can't believe it, you're a dream comin' true.

I can't believe how I have fallen for you.

And I was not looking, was content to remain.

And it's erotic to be back in the game.

Dear Ms. C:

I deserve the courtesy of a response. I know what the response will be, and have no choice but to accept it, but I formally sought a confirmation of your return with us (we know you won't) and I believe the decent thing to do is for you to respond properly to this query.

It's not your change of heart that disappoints me. Rather, its the failure to extend this courtesy, because I would be able to understand the choice you'd make if our communication lines remained open even though over several previous dinners here, in KL and Sing you repeatedly expressed your intention to return.

The decision not to return is irrelevant; what is relevant is you informing me directly of that decision (with apologies to boot for the inconvenience the breach of promise has caused, and be willing to make up for it in some way - which I'd be most willing to accept), because this gesture means that you still value the relationship that we have built through the years. By not responding, you're like telling us that all the things that we' ve been through, the scarifices we made for you, and feeling we had of you being one of us were all worthless.

Ms. C - you're a big, big disappointment. I know your ambition is to become great someday, but you're failing the initial tests. You couldn't see the big picture. You don't severe a relationship that have helped you in the past and can potentially help you in the future. We're just beginning to spread our wings, and even though the journey will be full of challenges and pitfalls, we'll get there... and fame and fortune could come to those who have thrown their support to us all the way, while you languish in mediocrity.

B

When will you know it's time to quit? Is it after going through another round of spat worse than the last one? Exhaustion from the incessant nagging and inability to move on from past misdeeds? The mutual disrespect that clouds every opportunity to "make it work". Or perhaps, you've grown numb to all the drama and give up. Just like that, I give up. I’m out. What about if you have kids? Well, that's another story. Much as we want to sever ties instantaneously and painlessly, it's just not that easy. Most often than not, we see ourselves making impulsive decisions driven by angst and frustration. Suddenly, you find yourself alone -- wretched, displaced, enervated by the loss.

~

I’ve been brutally honest with you in almost everything. You’ve seen my nakedness and I’ve seen yours. And yet, we did not dare lay a finger on each other. Incest is not in my vocab. Besides, I’m not your type haha.

The asynchronous, virtual presence we share is enough comfort during the long hours we have to sit in front of our pc’s and work our asses off till 5pm (and sometimes even beyond). You don’t talk much lately. Don’t be too hard on yourself, ok? Uwi ka na. you owe me a lot of kwento.

the day job gang are missed. some trade offs huh.

To the phantom who I shall not know, not yet.

No more talk of darkness,

Forget these wide-eyed fears.

I'm here, nothing can harm you -

my words will warm and calm you.

Let me be your freedom,

let daylight dry -your tears.

I'm here, with you, beside you,

to guard you and to guide you . . .

Say you love me

every waking moment,

turn my head with talk of summertime . . .

Say you need me

with you,

now and always . . .

promise me that all you say is true - that's all I ask of you . . .

Let me be your shelter,

let me be your light.

You're safe.

No-one will find you.

Your fears are

far behind you . . .

All I want is freedom,

a world with no more night . . .

and you always beside me

to hold me and to hide me . . .

Then say you'll share with me

one love, one lifetime . . .

Let me lead you from your solitude . . .

Say you need me with you

here, beside you . . .

anywhere you go, let me go too -

that's all I ask of you . . .

Say you'll share with me

one love, one lifetime . . .

say the word and I will follow you . . .

Share each day with me, each night, each morning . . .

Say you love me . . .

You know I do . . .

Love me -

that's all I ask of you . . .

Anywhere you go let me go too . . .

Love me -

that's all I ask of you . .

Dear Mr. Tobi...

I truly sympathize with your predicament.... It seems to me that this particular one has spun out of control.

You really really do need to keep a tighter rein on your daughter. She needs to be slowly but gently weaned off the internet.

Psychotherapy works too, especially when coupled with drug therapy using psychotropic drugs in moderation.

She really needs help, Mr. Tobi.

Professional help.

Asap.

Thank you.

-W

Ma fille chérie,

J'ai rêvé de toi encore. Peut-être il est parce que je vous désire pour être dans ma vie bientôt. Je ne suis pas pressé mais j'attends votre venir.

Vous serez la fille la plus merveilleuse, je suis sûr. Un plaisir qui apportera le bonheur à mon coeur. Je sais que vous serez beau. À votre coeur. Dans votre âme. Et vous serez plein des pensées brillantes.

Je vous aimerai sans réserve.

L'amour,

votre Mère affectueuse

J'espère que vos cheveux seront droits

Juskopo naman pinsan, with your cheerful looks, boy-tisoy face, build and height, respectable money, and fast cars, hindi ka parin ba makakadali nang matino-tino? Hot eligible young available smart ladies are all over the place, you don't even have to look, they just jump right out of the blue, and pile up so high you can't help but trip over whole bundles of them, year in, year out. Hello, you are in Pinas! Naka ilan Miss Universe naba ang bansa natin? Whether you want f#&k, or friendship, or both, or more - in fact so long as you are sincere (kahit impure, basta sincere!) - ang dami diyan! For every combination of your needs! Juskopo naman pinsan 21st century na! Nowadays we poor men are utterly besieged by smokin' hot ladies on all sides!

In fact, why did you have to pick that too-young too-skinny one? Hindi man lang maka-ingles. Was she the only one who threw herself at your feet? Impossible! She was probably just the most shameless and audacious, nothing more. A pity that many perfectly good but slightly too shy gals are getting out-competed these days, tsk.

Tapos ngayon tatawag tawagan mo pa ako madaling araw, para matanong "how do I close the deal this valentines?'" Anak nang walong tipaklong, ako pa ba magturo sa yo niyan? One way is to just deliver the standard go-to-bed lines with a straight face, an unrushed and sincere tone, and maybe with a smile (the smile that shows your teeth, not your bared fangs!) so, if necessary, she can politely retreat and you'd still be friends. That's just one example. Maraming paraan! Pag ayaw, eh di next! When I was myself 24 years old, before I became this washed out senior SOB today, I was f*cking merciless! Habang may tigas may tira! Bukas de-ambulansya na kami parejas!

Bawal girlfriend-girlfriend!

(I'm gonna get bad karma someday - so don't do everything I did!)

(And don't you f*cking dare do anyone I did! You'd be so f*ckin' dead!)

Sabagay nuong bata ka pa lang nakita na naming medyo close ka nga talaga sa nanay mong palaging nalamang tahimik at mahinhin. Perhaps her black and white version of the moral codes allowed no room for interpretation - she is after all not of our (rather freely interpretative) line? Pero nako naman hijo, sa edad mong veinte cuatro anos ngayon, bawal na ang maging mama's boy!

It's every titi for himself!

Fuego!!!

- 'nong

That was not necessary. Really. The "only to find you there" was the straw that broke the camel's back. The reply didn't even have any effect anymore. The first one was enough. But true to form, you had to follow up... *sigh* ..

Really makes me sad to think that you'd go through that length to, what? What for?... I never could understand how you switch from hot to cold instantly. Like someone trying to take a few steps back to make sure he won't go too far... or because he caught himself walking too close... Like someone covering his tracks. Like someone finding himself in danger and trying to save himself...

Maybe it won't be the last from you. With two weeks to endure... But just so you won't have to, coz I do get slighted too like you do, be assured that I still stand where I do. No where near.

I hope that will make you happy. Comforted. Reassured. Feel safe even.

Aside from that, everything is fine. Cheers.

... but i wonder, what did I do to you?

my dear,

i'm so sorry.

that wasn't meant to hurt.

far from it.

but yes, part of it was a step back.

but not to a comfort zone

i am so way over from that

it was a caring warning...

could be, may be right the right one

but also possibly be wrong...timed

and no, im not an in-your-face guy

sometimes the long, hard route opens up to an enlightening view...

despicable,

me

dear nuno sa punso,

pwede, pakilabas na yung power supply ng laptop ko? tumawag kasi ako sa bahay, wala daw dun. eh wala din dito sa bag ko. eh nasan yun?

please lang. marami akong kelangang gawin today. ayoko makipaglokohan.

kaya nakikiusap ako ng maayos.

pakilabas na yung power supply ng laptop ko.

gumagalang,

chip

PV,

That I be asked to take precious leave-days off work, and fly twelve time zones away, almost dead center North America, near the frikkin' Canadian border, in the freezing coldest dead of winter, at personal expense, and just for a day of ice skating and for another day to tweak your exotic, limited-edition stick-shift six-speed turbocharged two-door blood-red sports car, especially given as reward for senior MBA-waving honchos like yourself, all the while adroitly fencing verbally with you, and fighting jetlag night and day, and then after a mere weekend, to be dismissed to fly back to the steaming equator, half-dead from frostbite, sleep deprivation, and from nosebleeding all over the white ground, and thence resume work, straight from the airport, still unf*cked and all, smacks of abusive muscle flexing.

Even I, blind and deaf as I am, felt that. And so did your dad, over the clink of crystal during your birthday dinner.

Where was the honour in that?

Not that the lack thereof stopped me from doing as you asked. Your wailing throaty machine now runs a few speed tickets faster whilst breathing via my new K&N kit, does it not? You got another speed ticket even before I landed back here. Breaking the highway speed limit in only 3rd gear, on a slingshot-style overtake on a nasty curve, while at night, snow on the road, tires skidding, your double-declutching engine revs soaring sky-high...and the cops close behind.

I'd never regret those machine tricks I taught you. Amongst the other tricks.

If there is one thing I am good at, it is probably anything machinery. They like to talk with me. And I know they talk with you too. Look at the way you drive, like a guy, insisting on stick-shift and rubber-smoking rear drive, never anything less, damn the costs. And at your eternal regret at declining PSHS admissions, though you had scored even higher than me in the entrance exams. You are indeed your dad's breed, that genius killer army General with 4 undergrad and 2 master's degrees in engineering, obtained those old days before Marcos permanently diminished the Army high command.

A half-dozen engineering degrees earned, with honors, and from UP-Diliman no less; no witless plebian PMA grad was he.

Perhaps today, aside from a massive inheritance from your late governor grandpa, you are also reaping the karmic goodies from your father's total refusal to serve in the lucrative private sector until retirement, not out of pride, but out of knowing that there was simply no one else out there, private or public sector, who could match the sheer genius he was supplying for country; that, especially against the sea of mainly private-sector left-overs who serve government these modern days, his smarts simply had no substitute.

In the same way that my (killer and engineer) father had no substitute, either.

Our similarities refuse to end.

As ever, you supply the breeding. And I, the blood.

And I shall see you again.

-CA

p.s - I really do not know what all that was for, other than you extracting your (rightful) pound of flesh...

Gale is the opposite of Zephyr. I don't see why you could have missed that.

Even before you ventured into the realm of the aurora, I already warned you of the danger. You insisted. Now you blame me. I am not a Juliet to your Romeo. To anybody's Romeo. I feel this is the best time to tell you so you'll skip the extravagance tomorrow.

Breakin' free...

Zee

Daddy,

I know you're watching over me ... making sure that the opportunities that come my way are just PERFECT! ;-)

It's almost a year, since you've been gone.

You're TRULY missed.

I remember you.

The stories I've heard from Tito Boy ... you sacrificed much.

Because of this ... I will live my life better. I will do better. I will not let you down and tarnish your name.

This is my pledge to you, Daddy!

I love you.

Guide us all.

May things work out for us ... as we prepare for the remembrance of your 1st Death Anniv.

A

hi

Moments we had was indeed the most memorable.. you inspire to do thing im not capable of..sharing my innermost secrets. our long walks together..can a stiffmeister and crazy i. go together? i really dont know....but i wish if you can wait...good things come then..we'll never know,do we?

i.

para sa lahat,

Hapi balentayms

oh...and to you...sorry sinadya kong ubusin load na binigay mo...pano? edi tinawagan ko landline ko at kinausap ko sarili ko! :D wahahaha! :P para di kita ma txt at makulit....so if i were you....do yourself a favor don't send me load anymore....untill....sure ka na na mahal mo ko.....kase sayang lang eh....

:heart: Iwa

Edited by iwalkalone

Dearest C,

Everybody loves somebody sometime,

Everybody falls in love somehow;

Something in your kiss just told me

My sometime is now.

Everybody finds somebody someplace

There's no telling where love may appear;

Something in my heart keeps saying

My someplace is here.

If I had it in my power,

I would arrange for every girl to have your charms.

Then every minute, every hour

Every boy would find what I found in your arms.

Everybody loves somebody sometime

And although my dreams were overdue,

Your love made it well worth waiting

For someone like you.

:)

John,

I don't know where, or how to begin. There's alot of thing I need to tell you.

I never told you, but you taught me how to live, again. For the longest time, I felt like the walking dead. Before you came along, all I did was wait for life to pass me by.

You taught me how to love, without expecting anything in return. You made me stronger. I never thought I can feel so much, in so little time.

I loved you so much. The lessons that you taught me, albeit unwittingly, will keep me going. More importantly, they made me more equipt to love more, and better, the next time around.

You'll always be special to me. But one of these days, I will learn to let go.

Edited by maldita_overload

Baby

If you're reading this then you probably have read what I posted before.

I want to give you all of me, but I'm afraid I'll never be whole again. I'm willing to give what's left of me, and I'm hoping that it be good enough for you. I've been hurt pretty bad, and I don't know when I'll heal. I'm tired of hurting, and crying, and dying over and over again.

I love you.

Please stay with me. I can't promise you anything, but this, I will love you with all that I have, with all that I am, and with everything that I can give.

I'm praying that one day, I can look you in the eye, and tell you that I'm whole again.

And, I'm not asking for anything from you. There's no need for promises, or complications, or what have you. I don't need anything. Just please let me love you, the only way I know how.

Edited by maldita_overload