Duterte's Presidency : Expectations, Controversies, Rants, Etc.

Ay sorry! The American President pala yung nasa isip ko. Hahaha!

Si Bill Pullman!

Sensya na. Hehe.

Anyways, tagal ba?

I have no knowledge of combat operations, pero in other places took more than that to neutralize the terrorist.

DU30 should have put more pressure for the AFP to end the crisis much earlier. Its true that other countries have worst scenario but Marawi crisis should have been isolated and contained for the terrorist to have limited resources for them not to last a month.

DU30 should have put more pressure for the AFP to end the crisis much earlier. Its true that other countries have worst scenario but Marawi crisis should have been isolated and contained for the terrorist to have limited resources for them not to last a month.

Well true.

However, we really dont know what was goin on down there.

No wonder they terrorized a city, in order to give them enough supplies diba? And besides that attack was well planned and financed. There are other considerations perhaps thats getting their way to crush Maute Group.

Tsk. Of course all of us pray that this crisis end the soonest.

yellow idiots.. defend this

19883968_929370063868797_198693611643439

GOOD NEWS: 3-Million backlog sa lisensya, naisaayos na!

Simula Disyembre noong 2016, nagsimula nang i-distribute ng DOTr - LTO ang inabutang 3-Million backlog sa driver's license cards. Ito ay nakumpleto nitong Pebrero 2017.

Simula Agosto, maaasahan naman ng mga motorista ang pag-distribute ng driver's license cards na may 5 years validity.

Simula Disyembre noong 2016, nagsimula nang i-distribute ng DOTr - LTO ang inabutang 3-Million backlog sa driver's license cards. Ito ay nakumpleto nitong Pebrero 2017.

Simula Agosto, maaasahan naman ng mga motorista ang pag-distribute ng driver's license cards na may 5 years validity.

Mga incompetent talaga. Nagmamalinis pa. Paano leader nila ganun :) Si Duterte pa nag-ayos ng gusot nila :)

Good job, President DU30!

Edited by JFK

kaya pala nung kumuha ng bagong lisensya kapatid ko.... papel lang binigay sa kanya... balik daw after six months....

Sige,,, defend this

20136593_10155457756177889_246397815_n.j

Edited by jopoc

kaya pala nung kumuha ng bagong lisensya kapatid ko.... papel lang binigay sa kanya... balik daw after six months....

Sige,,, defend this

20136593_10155457756177889_246397815_n.j

As I understand from Daphne's post, the 3 million backlog as of June 2016 has been cleared in June 2017.

There's still backlog between June 2016 and the present.

You see, the backlog was created by the ineptness of the previous administration under Abnoy.

On top of the Drivers ID backlog, the problem on car plates is so huge and complicated that up to now, the present administration cannot make a headway. Blame it on the late commissioner Torres and her benefactor, Abnoy.

• Like (+1) 1

I trust that the President is well informed enough for him not to pressure the military to end the crisis early, which I assume would be for political reasons.

Our military is not trained nor well equipped to fight urban warfare, but they are still doing a good job in containing the war to within just 4 barangays in Marawi and defeating the Mautes despite the fact that the terrorists are better prepared and well armed for this type of battle.

FIBUA (Fighting in Built-up Areas) is the most complex and deadliest type of warfare.

It will be more difficult for our government troops as they tighten their cordon around the terrorists. It will get even bloodier and deadlier as they go into close quarter combat, fighting room-to room, just a few meters apart, with IEDs set to explode at every path leading into the terrorists positions and behind their escape routes.

The ISIS terrorists want it this way because of the global media coverage they get out of it.

Complicating the matters are the civilians taken as human shields, considering that perhaps some of the civilians are actually sympathizing with and assisting the terrorists.

Strategic and tactics wise, our armed forces are doing OK.

President Duterte does his job through wise leadership by shielding the military from political pressure from political opportunists, martial law oppositionists, human rights activists, and just plain military bashers.

Edited by camiar

As I understand from Daphne's post, the 3 million backlog as of June 2016 has been cleared in June 2017.

There's still backlog between June 2016 and the present.

You see, the backlog was created by the ineptness of the previous administration under Abnoy.

On top of the Drivers ID backlog, the problem on car plates is so huge and complicated that up to now, the present administration cannot make a headway. Blame it on the late commissioner Torres and her benefactor, Abnoy.

and i thought change has come.....

same old thing... blame the past administration.

yes, i understand the ineptness of the past admin... but 1 year into the digong presidency, and still no progress... the license plates issue... c'mon.... there should be progress now in fixing the problem... but obviously there is none..... it seems the inept governance has continued....

ah ok... so i get it on the license backlog... they are saying that there is no more old backlog from the Pnoy administration, only a new backlog from the digong administration.... wow... eh di may backlog pa rin. gaguhan lang nangyayari... it is like "nabayaran ko na yung utang kay pedro... pinambayad ko perang inutang ko kay Juan."

and i thought change has come.....

same old thing... blame the past administration.

yes, i understand the ineptness of the past admin... but 1 year into the digong presidency, and still no progress... the license plates issue... c'mon.... there should be progress now in fixing the problem... but obviously there is none..... it seems the inept governance has continued....

ah ok... so i get it on the license backlog... they are saying that there is no more old backlog from the Pnoy administration, only a new backlog from the digong administration.... wow... eh di may backlog pa rin. gaguhan lang nangyayari... it is like "nabayaran ko na yung utang kay pedro... pinambayad ko perang inutang ko kay Juan."

For a person who advocates due process, you are conveniently forgetting that the solution to the Drivers' ID and the Car Plates fiasco is the resolution of the supply contract dispute case in court.

If the government ignore the rights of the car plates supplier, seize the shipment, and proceed to distribute the plates to its owners, without resolving the customs duties, taxation and payments disputes, would you accept it as the proper way to move forward?

For a person who advocates due process, you are conveniently forgetting that the solution to the Drivers' ID and the Car Plates fiasco is the resolution of the supply contract dispute case in court.

If the government ignore the rights of the car plates supplier, seize the shipment, and proceed to distribute the plates to its owners, without resolving the customs duties, taxation and payments disputes, would you accept it as the proper way to move forward?

i was just commenting on the post that there is no backlog anymore.... you are straying from that.

i was just commenting on the post that there is no backlog anymore.... you are straying from that.

The backlog is caused by the supply contract dispute that is still unresolved in the courts.

In project management, we would look at the clearing of 2016 backlog as a positive development. Once the bulk of the previous backlog is cleared, the new remaining backlog is expected to be resolved faster.

But I'm still dissatisfied with the Car Plate issue. It's a real big mess Abnoy and Torres left behind.

Edited by camiar

The backlog is caused by the supply contract dispute that is still unresolved in the courts.

In project management, we would look at the clearing of 2016 backlog as a positive development. Once the bulk of the previous backlog is cleared, the new remaining backlog is expected to be resolved faster.

But I'm still dissatisfied with the Car Plate issue. It's a real big mess Abnoy and Torres left behind.

point here is this.... if there is still backlog... do not say there is none....

do not misinform..... marami kasing mga naive people na naniniwala sa mga wrong info.

A very reliable source told me a couple of weeks ago that a the company that used to make the old plates got eased out in favor of a friend of Roxas. So there, feel free to blame this mess on the previous administration.

I only take issue with some of you guys putting the current administration on a pedestal. While you people can talk endlessly about the incompetencies of the previous administration, you merely gloss over its many shortcomings. Do you want to talk about Uber and Grab, for starters?

A very reliable source told me a couple of weeks ago that a the company that used to make the old plates got eased out in favor of a friend of Roxas. So there, feel free to blame this mess on the previous administration.

I only take issue with some of you guys putting the current administration on a pedestal. While you people can talk endlessly about the incompetencies of the previous administration, you merely gloss over its many shortcomings. Do you want to talk about Uber and Grab, for starters?

Grab and Uber is also a mess from past admin. The approval of it with virtually no guidelines or rule to follow. Ngayon okay na lang kasi nandyan na at napapakinabangan. Alam mo ba kung gano karami ang grab ni Kris upon approval nila?

Grab and Uber is also a mess from past admin. The approval of it with virtually no guidelines or rule to follow. Ngayon okay na lang kasi nandyan na at napapakinabangan. Alam mo ba kung gano karami ang grab ni Kris upon approval nila?

John Lesaca's recent complaint about a lady uber driver asking her customer to take a hike because of heavy traffic created the controversy that clamored for stricter regulations for ride sharing app public transport.

I can understand that the customer who is John Lesaca's relative has a medical condition and risked a lot by being forced to walk to the hospital destination. But come to think of it, the Uber driver is not really an ambulance and cannot have quick and safe passage on the road. She did try her best and even violated rules to attend to the needs of her customer but sometimes traffic can be next to impossible. Anybody who drives and wants to keep an appointment understands this.

No one bothered to suggest to the national artist that barangay ambulance services are free of charge. They also have skillful drivers who can choose the route and got sirens and emergency lights that help cut through traffic, move in counter flow direction and beat or ignore traffic lights too. Uber cannot be held liable for such emergencies. Uber drivers are likely part timers and not equipped or skillful for tasks which can be life threatening.

Ride share apps like grab and uber are welcome solutions to metro traffic since it permits private vehicles to carry passengers when empty on the road. It will ease the need for more vehicles that create traffic pressure on very limited road space. Making regulations just to suit a high profile case got to be tempered emotionally and resist over reaction. Many negative focus on the new public transport system such as rape and robbery are overblown by media and likely isolated cases. Such criminal cases are abundant in the city and happens a lot more in traditional commuter vans, buses or taxis.

John Lesaca's recent complaint about a lady uber driver asking her customer to take a hike because of heavy traffic created the controversy that clamored for stricter regulations for ride sharing app public transport.

I can understand that the customer who is John Lesaca's relative has a medical condition and risked a lot by being forced to walk to the hospital destination. But come to think of it, the Uber driver is not really an ambulance and cannot have quick and safe passage on the road. She did try her best and even violated rules to attend to the needs of her customer but sometimes traffic can be next to impossible. Anybody who drives and wants to keep an appointment understands this.

No one bothered to suggest to the national artist that barangay ambulance services are free of charge. They also have skillful drivers who can choose the route and got sirens and emergency lights that help cut through traffic, move in counter flow direction and beat or ignore traffic lights too. Uber cannot be held liable for such emergencies. Uber drivers are likely part timers and not equipped or skillful for tasks which can be life threatening.

Ride share apps like grab and uber are welcome solutions to metro traffic since it permits private vehicles to carry passengers when empty on the road. It will ease the need for more vehicles that create traffic pressure on very limited road space. Making regulations just to suit a high profile case got to be tempered emotionally and resist over reaction. Many negative focus on the new public transport system such as rape and robbery are overblown by media and likely isolated cases. Such criminal cases are abundant in the city and happens a lot more in traditional commuter vans, buses or taxis.

please re-validate your facts. the passenger may be sick, but it was NOT an emergency situation... you only use the ambulance during emergency situations, right?

please re-validate your facts. the passenger may be sick, but it was NOT an emergency situation... you only use the ambulance during emergency situations, right?

Firstly, not to offend the aggrieved parties, I believe that the patient had an appointment for chemotherapy and what is really bothering for the family is the recklessness of the lady driver and then her unprofessional attitude of giving up by dropping the patient short of the destination because of heavy traffic. Thus I feel it is not your ordinary hospital visit. Cancer patients are frail and unable to walk over a distance, thus disabled in a sense. I believe that qualifies them for ambulatory assistance.

The uber lady diver wanted to rush them to the destination, which explains her recklessness. It was an emergency because they were running late for the appointed time slot. And what the customers did not like was the lady driver gave up on them, when it was pretty close already. The Hospital itself is an issue since it sits atop a hill and the entrance is going to be a climb uphill too, which was unacceptable since it endangers the patient's condition.

• Like (+1) 1

point here is this.... if there is still backlog... do not say there is none....

do not misinform..... marami kasing mga naive people na naniniwala sa mga wrong info.

Daphne's post said:

BEFORE (June, 2016) - 3-Million Backlog on License Cards

NOW (June, 2017) - No more backlog - 3 Million backlog on license cards fully addressed.

He was still talking about the 3 Million backlog in 2016.

You're a lawyer, can you make a false claim case against that? and win?

Daphne's post said:

BEFORE (June, 2016) - 3-Million Backlog on License Cards

NOW (June, 2017) - No more backlog - 3 Million backlog on license cards fully addressed.

He was still talking about the 3 Million backlog in 2016.

You're a lawyer, can you make a false claim case against that? and win?

i posted a photo of my brother's license dated JUNE 2017

so this means that as of June 2017 THERE ARE STILL BACKLOGS.

please feel free to point out in the photo where it states that the "No more backlogs" refers ONLY to the 2016 backlog and not to the current one?

if you cannot, a palusot will be accepted.

Matagal nang pinag aaralan kung papano iregulate ang Grab and Uber way before your said incident. They are not solutions to metro traffic rather they are one of the causes due to heavy influx of Grab ang Uber vehicles in the metro. They only ease commuters easy access to travel. Whats wrong by regulating it?

http://www.topgear.com.ph/news/motoring-news/this-tells-you-everything-you-need-to-know-about-uber-and-premium-taxi

• Like (+1) 1

Matagal nang pinag aaralan kung papano iregulate ang Grab and Uber way before your said incident. They are not solutions to metro traffic rather they are one of the causes due to heavy influx of Grab ang Uber vehicles in the metro. They only ease commuters easy access to travel. Whats wrong by regulating it?

http://www.topgear.com.ph/news/motoring-news/this-tells-you-everything-you-need-to-know-about-uber-and-premium-taxi

Even way back twenty years ago, you can easily book a taxi in Singapore through phone, and cellphones were not even widespread then and wala pang Grab or Uber noon. I can honestly tell you it was just as convenient to book a taxi in Singapore by landline phone twenty years ago as it is to book Grab or Uber in Manila today by cellphone.

What we need is not regulation, but a working system. Corruption cannot thrive in a working system, that's why the men and women of LTO and LTFRB are against it.

Edited by camiar

i agree....

imagine like 50k cars roaming around metro manila as if they are taxis

i dont mind having uber and grab around...but it has to be what it should be.... RIDE SHARING... not a taxi service

Even way back twenty years ago, you can easily book a taxi in Singapore through phone, and cellphones were not even widespread then and wala pang Grab or Uber noon. I can honestly tell you it was just as convenient to book a taxi in Singapore by landline phone twenty years ago as it is to book Grab or Uber in Manila today by cellphone.

What we need is not regulation, but a working system. Corruption cannot thrive in a working system, that's why the men and women of LTO and LTFRB are against it.

there is a need to regulate uber and grab....

when there are complaints against them, to whom does the commuter run to?

Duterte did in 1 year what most presidents did in their entire terms

please give me a factual and objective comparison of what digong did and what most presidents did in 1 year.

thanks

just observe, read and be informed, and not my responsibility to spoon-feed you.

just stay away from media either making their own stories or giving half-stories.

i commute, walk, eat, buy around the metro everyday and obviously, media is simply making their own fantasy stories here and there.

just remove your biases and learn how to separate facts from fakes, you will be ok.

have a nice day! :)

i am asking you to be factual and objective... and you still cant.... biases? not me... it seems you are the biased one here.