tama ...and ikaw ang nagaacuse na kasinungalingan ang naiulat kaya the burden of proof is yours. i agree on the articles but you dare challenge them ... prove your point will prove it!

And still the troll can't prove that Imee didn't graduate from Princeton and UP. Trying to turn the tables is an exercise in futility. You've been discredited a long time ago regarding the graduation issue. Go on posting and I will go on discrediting. Simple as that. You are the accuser. You prove it. That won't change. You can't show any documented proof that Imee did not graduate from Princeton and UP and that is an indisputable fact. This is getting to be enjoyable. Haha!

Edited by will robie

typical will robbie...all lip service. kapag hiningan ng proof ayun projection time na . hahaha

ulitin natin ... kinokontra mo yun article so may pinakita ka na bang proof that she indeed graduated? nada. on the record ikaw na nagsabi gossips yan and yet wala kang maipakitang factual record will.

so sino ang mas may credibility at dapat kong paniwalaan yun mga school authorities of isang nagngangalang will robie na laway lang puhunan? the answer is pretty obvious dont you think

• Like (+1) 1

I told the troll that I will not quote its anti-Imee posts that it started pero pinapatos talaga yung mga post ko kay Imee kahit hindi para sa kanya. Its posts have no depth and are just cheap gossip. :lol:

His intention is to make the issue as visible as long as possible, to get maximum exposure mileage, just the way yellow mainstream media is doing now in TV and tabloid gossip to sway public opinion against Imee.

Just this morning, ANC is airing an interview with Etta Rosales on the same issue.

It's a well organized vilification campaign against candidates whom oligarchs and vested interest groups cannot control.

Is it just a coincidence that Cynthia Villar, Imee Marcos, Juan Ponce Enrile, Sara Duterte, Nancy Binay belong to families that are not subservient to the oligarchs and US vested interests?

@camiar

Cynthia Villar and family are oligarchs but she has proven herself in thr Senate. The same goes for JPE.

I'd call them "New Rich" who can independently do what they want. They don't take orders from the entrenched oligarchs. They may transform into oligarchs several generations later, that that remains to be seen. Most of the "new rich" just focus on business and industry. Marcos and Enrile are not oligarchs in my definition. To me, they are the third force. The other two being the oligarchs and the US. The influence and power of three forces must be balanced to make sure the interest of Filipinos are always on top priority.

Oligarchs are the likes of clans of Lopez, Aboitiz, Ayala/Soriano/Zobel, Cojuangco, etc.... They have several generations of stranglehold of the Philippine society. They practically own the Philippines through monopolistic ownership of critical businesses in the country. They maintain politicians and government lackeys to maintain influence in government decisions and policies. US vested interest groups use the oligarchy to influence the policies and governance of the country to keep it subservient to US interests.

Edited by camiar

I'd call them "New Rich" who can independently do what they want. They don't take orders from the entrenched oligarchs. They may transform into oligarchs several generations later, that that remains to be seen. Most of the "new rich" just focus on business and industry. Marcos and Enrile are not oligarchs in my definition. To me, they are the third force. The other two being the oligarchs and the US. The influence and power of three forces must be balanced to make sure the interest of Filipinos are always on top priority.

Oligarchs are the likes of clans of Lopez, Aboitiz, Ayala/Soriano/Zobel, Cojuangco, etc.... They have several generations of stranglehold of the Philippine society. They practically own the Philippines through monopolistic ownership of critical businesses in the country. They maintain politicians and government lackeys to maintain influence in government decisions and policies. US vested interest groups use the oligarchy to influence the policies and governance of the country to keep it subservient to US interests.

Strictly speaking, Emrile and Villar are oligarchs. However, the ones you mentioned are the ones who almost always get what they want. It would take a Marcos or Duterte to curtail their vested interests.

COJUANCO ... na crony ni ________.

Strictly speaking, Emrile and Villar are oligarchs. However, the ones you mentioned are the ones who almost always get what they want. It would take a Marcos or Duterte to curtail their vested interests.

Unlike Enrile and Villar, the Lopezes, Soriano-Zobel-Ayalas, Cojuangcos, etc... have built-up over generations a large power base network - business, industrial facilities, political patrons, US vested interest alliances, to preserve their influence and power to perpetuate their stranglehold on the Philippine political and economic system.

Who are the oligarch's lackeys? I have Mar, Drilon, Bam, Riza, Abnoy, and the entire LP party leadership in my list -- politicians who could not have mounted massive campaign without the money and logistics support from the oligarchs and big business vested interest.

Enrile only has himself and his son and daughter. Villar only has his wife and son. They're rich, influential, and can use their political position to get things going their way. But that's it. I call them "New Rich". They are not yet members of the oligarch "old boys club". They can wield their own political clout without the oligarchs' sponsorship.

Yes, It would take a Marcos or a Duterte to curtail their vested interest.

You might nor accept it, but to me, GMA is another president who took on the oligarchs, Lopez in particular. Meralco's past practice under Cory's term was to increase billing rates to finance their expansion. Niluluto tayo sa sariling mantika, GMA said. So she stopped them. Allowing them to increase rates only after they have cmpleted their improvement projects. GMA earned Lopez wrath because of that. ABS-CB became GMA's worst enemy after that..

Edited by camiar

Yes, It would take a Marcos or a Duterte to curtail their vested interest.

You might nor accept it, but to me, GMA is another president who took on the oligarchs, Lopez in particular. Meralco's past practice under Cory's term was to increase billing rates to finance their expansion. Niluluto tayo sa sariling mantika, GMA said. So she stopped them. Allowing them to increase rates only after they have cmpleted their improvement projects. GMA earned Lopez wrath because of that. ABS-CB became GMA's worst enemy after that..

I used to loathe GMA, especially, after the "Hello Garci" scandal which was blown out of proportion by the yellow networks. I learned a lot of things about her which I heard from her friends in big business and I would have to say she's a genius. I think I mentioned on the "best president" thread that in my lifetime, the three best presidents for me are:

1. Marcos

2. Duterte

3. GMA

There is a possibility that yellow trolls on this forum will quote this and reply with moronic conjectures and statements. You can brace yourself for another round of comic relief. :lol:

Edited by will robie
  • Like (+1) 1

I used to loathe GMA, especially, after the "Hello Garci" scandal which was blown out of proportion by the yellow networks. I learned a lot of things about her which I heard from her friends in big business and I would have to say she's a genius. I think I mentioned on the "best president" thread that in my lifetime, the three best presidents for me are:

1. Marcos

2. Duterte

3. GMA

There is a possibility that yellow trolls on this forum will quote this and reply with moronic conjectures and statements. You can brace yourself for another round of comic relief. :lol:

I have a strong suspicion that the phone taps of the "Hello Garci" scandal was the handiwork of the CIA and leaked to GMA's political opponents.

The CIA sees that GMA is opening warmer ties with China, with talks of government-to-government projects like the National Broadband and Joint Exploration of SCS/WPS Oil & Gas prospects.

The CIA consider closer ties between China and the Philippines as a threat to their security.

The Philippines is part of the first-island-chain that prevents direct access of the Chinese Navy to the Pacific Ocean -- the USA's natural defense barrier that secures it's West Coast from Chinese and Russian navies.

I have a strong suspicion that the phone taps of the "Hello Garci" scandal was the handiwork of the CIA and leaked to GMA's political opponents.

The CIA sees that GMA is opening warmer ties with China, with talks of government-to-government projects like the National Broadband and Joint Exploration of SCS/WPS Oil & Gas prospects.

The CIA consider closer ties between China and the Philippines as a threat to their security.

The Philippines is part of the first-island-chain that prevents direct access of the Chinese Navy to the Pacific Ocean -- the USA's natural defense barrier that secures it's West Coast from Chinese and Russian navies.

Regarding the "Hello Garci" scandal, I read somewhere that those who wanted GMA out made the phone conversation with Garci seem that GMA was telling him about the adding of votes to her but was actually protecting her votes from the "dagdag-bawas" operation. Of course, none of us can confirm that. Nevertheless, I believe she won that election, albeit, by the slimmest of margins.

Regarding the South China Sea, Duterte blew that natural barrier of the US out of the water by actually having close relations with the Chinese.

Regarding the "Hello Garci" scandal, I read somewhere that those who wanted GMA out made the phone conversation with Garci seem that GMA was telling him about the adding of votes to her but was actually protecting her votes from the "dagdag-bawas" operation. Of course, none of us can confirm that. Nevertheless, I believe she won that election, albeit, by the slimmest of margins.

Regarding the South China Sea, Duterte blew that natural barrier of the US out of the water by actually having close relations with the Chinese.

Yes, I know about the phone taps between GMA and Garcillano. On the surface, it looked like an ordinary phone tap. But tapping the secured line of the country's president? Who would have the capacity to do that?

CIA come to mind. But why did they do it?

They leaked the phone tap to the oligarch media to to create a widespread public indignation that would weaken her presidency as a prelude to a regime-change operation that followed later. Fortunately, GMA was politically savvy enough to retain the support of the military and her strategic political allies in congress to weather the "People Power" and impeachment attempts to unseat her.

Why the attempt at regime change?

CIA cannot allow any Philippine President to be too friendly to China. For them, even a neutral foreign-relations policy is unacceptable. The Philippine government must be subservient to US security interests.

The same reasoning explains the virulent US-sponsored vilification campaign against Duterte. He was not content on taking a neutral stand as GMA did, he even went further and announced a pro-China / pro-Russia policy.

Edited by camiar

Yes, I know about the phone taps between GMA and Garcillano. On the surface, it looked like an ordinary phone tap. But tapping the secured line of the country's president? Who would have the capacity to do that?

CIA come to mind. But why did they do it?

They leaked the phone tap to the oligarch media to to create a widespread public indignation that would weaken her presidency as a prelude to a regime-change operation that followed later. Fortunately, GMA was politically savvy enough to retain the support of the military and her strategic political allies in congress to weather the "People Power" and impeachment attempts to unseat her.

Why the attempt at regime change?

CIA cannot allow any Philippine President to be too friendly to China. For them, even a neutral foreign-relations policy is unacceptable. The Philippine government must be subservient to US security interests.

The same reasoning explains the virulent US-sponsored vilification campaign against Duterte. He was not content on taking a neutral stand as GMA did, he even went further and announced a pro-China / pro-Russia policy.

You can like or hate GMA but she was clever. She knew what she had to do in certain situations. She just got demonized by the yellow media, just as the yellow media demonized Marcos. Marcos, Duterte and GMA want the best for the country and its citizens which would run contrary to what the oligarchs want. Reagan was a good friend of Marcos but based on what I read on what happened behind the scenes during that tumultuous time in 1986, even Reagan bowed down to pressure from the people around him.

As for the wire tapping, perhaps this may help:

https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/102419/former-military-intelligence-group-head-tagged-in-garcillano-wiretap?utm_expid=.XqNwTug2W6nwDVUSgFJXed.1

Edited by will robie

They say a picture paints a thousand words. Here is a blow by blow account of what happened and who attended that day during Imee's graduation from UP.

It should be obvious by now that Imee Marcos, the eldest daughter of the late President Ferdinand Marcos, is running for the Senate in the coming elections. No less than President Rodrigo Duterte himself is campaigning for her.

“ This writer attended that ceremony as a guest of two of the graduates that year.

The surveys consider Imee Marcos as a likely winner in the senatorial race, and the Marcos camp is confident that she will win in the May polls because of the longevity of her incumbency as an elected official.

Imee’s staunch supporters believe she will win also because the Marcos name has regained widespread public acceptability, as demonstrated by the 2010 senatorial victory of her brother, ex-Sen. Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr. and his near victory in the vice-presidential derby in 2016.

It cannot also be discounted that their mother, former First Lady Imelda Romualdez Marcos, has held elective public office numerous times since the post-Marcos years.

As in any election, candidates are vulnerable to issues. For Imee Marcos, the issue is about her academic credentials.

The news media has created quite a stir when they questioned Imee’s announcement that she graduated from the University of the Philippines (UP) College of Law in April 1983. From what the news media have so far gathered, Imee’s name is not in the university’s record of graduates as attested to by a top official of the state university.

It is also reported that although Imee’s name does not appear in the 1983 yearbook of the UP College of Law, she is prominently featured in a publication marking the 25th anniversary of the college’s graduating class of 1983.

In support of the assertion that Imee graduated from the UP College of Law, her camp has shown to the news media photographs which show that she participated in a college ceremony held at the Meralco Theater in the Ortigas Center in Pasig in April 1983.

This writer attended that ceremony as a guest of two of the graduates that year. One was an executive of the Philippine National Bank and the other later became a commissioner of the National Labor Relations Commission. Another invited guest was my fellow law student, Dennis Socrates, who is now the vice governor of Palawan.

President and Mrs. Marcos, together with Bongbong, were present at the ceremony, and sat at the front row. The President and his family arrived in a black limousine.

On the stage throughout the ceremony was Dean Froilan Bacungan of the UP College of Law.

The guest speaker of the occasion was then Supreme Court (SC) Associate Justice Hermogenes Concepcion Jr., whose speech was about the constitutionality of executive warrants of arrest.

Other important personalities who also sat in the front row were SC Chief Justice Enrique Fernando and Court of Appeals Justice Serafin Cuevas.

Every graduate went on stage for the usual ritual. Honor graduates were given special acknowledgment on the stage. Imee was given honors.

The ceremony started around 8 in the morning, and ended long after lunch. President and Mrs. Marcos posed for photographs for some of the guests.

Withal, the big mystery concerns the status of Imee Marcos as a graduate of the UP College of Law Class of 1983.

If Imee Marcos is not in the official roster of graduates of the UP, why did the UP College of Law hold a college graduation ceremony at the Meralco Theater in April 1983, with Imee and the members of her family, the college dean and the entire graduating class in attendance?

To repeat, honors were given to the outstanding students present at that ceremony. What will be the status of those honors if the ceremony is bogus?

It isn’t going to be easy for the news media to assert that Imee is not a graduate of the UP, because there was a graduation ceremony held at the Meralco Theater. In the same vein, Imee will have a difficult time insisting she is a graduate of the UP because her name is not in its roster of graduates.

Difficult situations like this allow only one practical way out. The voters should decide, not so much as regards the academic credentials of Imee Marcos, but as to whether or not they want her as senator.

You can like or hate GMA but she was clever. She knew what she had to do in certain situations. She just got demonized by the yellow media, just as the yellow media demonized Marcos. Marcos, Duterte and GMA want the best for the country and its citizens which would run contrary to what the oligarchs want. Reagan was a good friend of Marcos but based on what I read on what happened behind the scenes during that tumultuous time in 1986, even Reagan bowed down to pressure from the people around him.

As for the wire tapping, perhaps this may help:

https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/102419/former-military-intelligence-group-head-tagged-in-garcillano-wiretap?utm_expid=.XqNwTug2W6nwDVUSgFJXed.1

If the wiretapping was done by the military, then I really see CIA's handiwork in it. No Filipino soldier will ever put his Commander-in-chief in jeopardy and hope to live to tell the story. Unless of course if somebody he considers more powerful than the President herself is behind it.

Edited by camiar

They say a picture paints a thousand words. Here is a blow by blow account of what happened and who attended that day during Imee's graduation from UP.

So you're basing it from the point of view of one of the attendees? Did you even read what the Dean at the time actually said about that supposed "graduation", as well as the rest of the faculties?

So you're basing it from the point of view of one of the attendees? Did you even read what the Dean at the time actually said about that supposed "graduation", as well as the rest of the faculties?

Read the whole article and not just the part you want to believe.

If the wiretapping was done by the military, then I really see CIA's handiwork in it. No Filipino soldier will ever put his Commander-in-chief in jeopardy and hope to live to tell the story. Unless of course if somebody he considers more powerful than the President herself is behind it.

Good point

I did. And the argument is very weak. See... attending a graduation (as a cosplayer, no less) and being included in an anniversary DOESN'T mean she EARNED a DEGREE.

The SIMPLEST proof, and I'm not sure why you have a hard time understanding this, is to present a DIPLOMA or a CERTIFICATION OF GRADUATION from the registrar.

It's so easy to do: just go to the registrar, pay for the fees and get it.

I've done this many times while applying for work, why is it that hard for her to do? Mas madamli pa nga gawin yun kaysa halungkatin sa baol yun picture mo na nag cosplay siya na graduate ng UP.

I did. And the argument is very weak. See... attending a graduation (as a cosplayer, no less) and being included in an anniversary DOESN'T mean she EARNED a DEGREE.

It is not weak because it is a detailed account of what happened that day. Why would you march on the stage in front of your parents and fellow graduates if you did not graduate? This is another dumb post which does not remotely discredit the writer.

The SIMPLEST proof, and I'm not sure why you have a hard time understanding this, is to present a DIPLOMA or a CERTIFICATION OF GRADUATION from the registrar.

No proof needed. A picture paints a thousand words and Imee is not the accuser. You prove that she did not graduate. Puputi muna ang uwak bago mo mapatunayan na hindi nagraduate sa UP si Imee. :lol:

It's so easy to do: just go to the registrar, pay for the fees and get it.

Easy to do pala e. E di gawin mo.

I've done this many times while applying for work, why is it that hard for her to do? Mas madamli pa nga gawin yun kaysa halungkatin sa baol yun picture mo na nag cosplay siya na graduate ng UP.

As if I give a rat's ass if you did this many times.

It is not weak because it is a detailed account of what happened that day. Why would you march on the stage in front of your parents and fellow graduates if you did not graduate? This is another dumb post which does not remotely discredit the writer.

Easy. Because the Marcos family are insecure and dumb and they want to pull PR stunt. Plus they control the government (with an iron fist) at the time.

No proof needed. A picture paints a thousand words and Imee is not the accuser. You prove that she did not graduate. Puputi muna ang uwak bago mo mapatunayan na hindi nagraduate sa UP si Imee. :lol:

Easy to do pala e. E di gawin mo.

As if I give a rat's ass if you did this many times.

Ahhh... we're not accusing her. The default belief is she did not graduate. She's the one who insists that she did. She should show proof. Yup, it's easy to do. But only the authorized person can do so. Parang sinasabi mo sa amin na maniwala kami sa multo na nakikita mo tapos kami ang papa produce mo ng proof? Maybe someone likke you would fall for that, but not us.

Can you ask her to authorize me to get her diploma, then? If you cannot, then ask her to do it herself!

She can't even do this simple task ONCE.

Edited by tk421