Nba 2016-2017 Season! Let's Get It On!

Eddy Syet

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2015/11/22/clippers-have-post-game-locker-room-blowup-after-loss-to-raptors/

Clippers have post-game locker room blowup after loss to Raptors

The Los Angeles Clippers played poorly Sunday — much like they did the fourth quarter Thursday against the Warriors, but instead this time for a full game — and lost to the Toronto Raptors at home, 91-80. J.J. Redick put up an early dozen to make it interesting, but after that the Clippers just fell apart. Los Angeles is now 6-7 on the season and has lost seven of its last nine.

This latest loss led to a locker room blowup Sunday.

The interview room that the Clippers use at Staples Center is next to the Clipper locker room. After the loss Sunday, multiple media members could hear yelling coming out of the closed Clipper’s locker room. Here are some of the comments from the Clippers on Twitter, trying to play it all down.

The Clippers do have a lot of issues, but they start on the defensive end — the Clippers are 22nd in the league in defensive rating, giving up 104.3 points per 100 possessions. For comparison, the Clippers were a middle of the pack defensive team, and they gave up 2.3 points fewer per 100 possessions. Paul Pierce looks slow, Lance Stephenson looks like a swing and a miss by Rivers the GM, and while the overall Clipper offense is still potent it is 5.4 points worse per 100 possessions than it was a year ago.

The Clippers are not in New Orleans-level trouble this season, but it’s not pretty. The Clippers look nothing like the contender everyone expected them to be this season.

- The Clippers need to address their defensive rotations if they want to be considered as a contender. Having key additions from Free Agency made them better but they need to fix their communication and defensive schemes. Defense wins games not just offense. Which they are pretty good at.

Edited by hahnz

I think Dallas is the more surprising team since no one expected them to be playing this well this season. Ever since they weren't able to sign Deandre Jordan to their team, they tried to plug in replacements like Pachulia and Deron Williams. Surprisingly Deron who had those dog years in Brooklyn being injured and underperforming, is playing solidly for them. I thought he was washed up as one of the top guards of the league, once was often talked about in conversations with CP3, D Rose, and Westbrook about who is the best guard among them.

The Heat is not surprising, people expected them to be one of the teams of the East since they still have Bosh and Wade with Dragic, and signing some really good free agents like Winslow.

The more surprising team who is not performing well are the Rockets, Kings and Pelicans and Grizzlies. On paper they have a real talented team but are struggling as of late.

The Heat is not surprising, people expected them to be one of the teams of the East since they still have Bosh and Wade with Dragic, and signing some really good free agents like Winslow.

correction bro, Winslow's a rook :) Free Agent signings are Amare and Gerald Green. Plus the trade to get Chalmers to Memphis gave Tyler Johnson playing time, which makes Mr. Luke Ridnour-look-alike more playing time. He's like Green without the reliable outside shooting and off-court drama

correction bro, Winslow's a rook :) Free Agent signings are Amare and Gerald Green. Plus the trade to get Chalmers to Memphis gave Tyler Johnson playing time, which makes Mr. Luke Ridnour-look-alike more playing time. He's like Green without the reliable outside shooting and off-court drama

yea my bad, drafting Winslow, i was thinking of Winslow and free agent at the same time i was typing it so i just didn't notice until i posted it. Amare is more of a long term signing since he's not getting the playing time too much so they can preserve his "old man" legs for the playoffs. they're giving Mcroberts and Whiteside more time than he is, so for now he's riding the bench.

I sure do hope Amare still has it. He kinda sucked after he punched that fire extinguisher case when they were up against the Heat in the 2012 Playoffs

Amare's time is passed. He is basically good to give a team 15 minutes or so a game. In this case, since they are benching him, they might be planning on using him for the playoffs as an extra body maybe for fouls and rebounding. He is as of now a role player. Injuries to his knees have basically grounded him.

Edited by hahnz

now that the Dubs are 16-0, can we really / is it fair to say that they've faced weaker teams en route to that record? I'd say partially, yes.

i was actually waiting for someone to point that out. Outside of the LA Clippers and the Bulls. The only teams i saw that gave the Warriors a run for their money. The other teams were i think a wash. The NBA normally rewards its defending champions with favorable schedules early in the season. They have yet to face stiff competition, i think. They haven't even played the Cavs, Spurs, Thunder (with Durant) etc... Their tougher schedules will start in January when they face these teams. Its nice that they have this winning streak and the record, but there's this thing at the back of your mind that says. They have such a favorable schedule right now against weak teams that's what makes their streak questionable.

They play the Cavs on Christmas day so that might be interesting. Although Kyrie Irving is still not available and thanks to the NBA again for putting the Warriors at home. Another favor to the Warriors. So it will be a challenge to Lebron and the Cavs. I'm pretty sure, Lebron marked this game on the calendar as he looks forward to playing this team on Dec 25

Edited by hahnz

Not sure if they want to dump Tyson since he serves as the veteran mentor of the group. Outside of Chandler, there are not that many players who can fill that role on the team. I think having a veteran presence helps the young players. There should be veteran players on each team to serve as mentors for the young players.

As for the upcoming All-star game, i will vote Kobe in, being this will be his last season. I think its right that he should be included and get to play.

Not sure if they want to dump Tyson since he serves as the veteran mentor of the group. Outside of Chandler, there are not that many players who can fill that role on the team. I think having a veteran presence helps the young players.

True but he's getting hurt again, which is really a bad sign that he wouldn't last long in a Phoenix jersey. But Keef has to go. Prolly trade him, Booker, and Goodwin for a Nerlens Noel.

I've read some trade talk with Noel being rumored to be traded to the Lakers and something about Okafor for D'Angelo Russell. Okafor's name came up because of the fighting altercations and speeding in a car that got him in trouble with the law.

I'm surprised they aren't trading Joel Embiid seeing as this guy has been more often injured than out on the court

I've read some trade talk with Noel being rumored to be traded to the Lakers and something about Okafor for D'Angelo Russell. Okafor's name came up because of the fighting altercations and speeding in a car that got him in trouble with the law.

I think it's gonna be Noel for Russell given that Okafor's an insurance policy for Embiid. Lakers really blew it when they took Russell second tbh