Dc And Marvel Universe

Amazing Spider-Man - American Son story arc by Joe Kelly

Thor

War of Kings

The Wonderful Wizard of Oz

Daredevil - The Return of the King story arc

Wolverine - Old Man Logan

X-Men/Dark Ave - Utopia

Thanks for the recommendations! I'll be getting Amazing Spider-Man & maybe Old Man Logan. :cool:

@brian:

Marvel? I'd suggest the following..

1) The Return - I think this will be huge but Marvel is keeping it secret, as we speak

2) Spiderman: American Son storyline - this will be a big event as the Amazing franchise hits the #600 mark..

3) Uncanny XMen and Dark Avengers: Utopia Cross-over event - Two of the most sellable titles and the Dark XMen is just around the corner, haha.. Nuff said..

4) Daredevil's Return of the King - Brubaker is leaving the title soon, as it hits #500 yata.. So, sigurado ako na papagandahin ni Brubaker ang last storyarc niya for Daredevil.. Has had good reviews since part 1..

5) Invincible Iron Man's World's Most Wanted - this title is directly involved/part of the Dark Reign status quo in Marvel.. And I feel that the storyline would have repercussions in the MU in the long run.. Stark as a fugitive is just wrong, right?

6) Wolverine: Old Man Logan - Huge storyline of the future.. But you will have difficulty in finding the early parts of this series.. Will end in Old Man Logan Special.. And this has been delayed for like a year already..

7) Kick-Ass - Another Millar book.. Huge fan-base as this would be made into a movie soon.. Issue #1 has ballooned to $15 in the Price Guide and would be very difficult to get.. Good luck in finding an issue, if you ever decide on searching for the first 5 issues of the series.. Has also been delayed for like a year already, much like Old Man Logan, that Millar also is writing..

How about Image?

I suggest you get in tune with the Spawn series.. Issue #200 is just around the corner, the reviews are so-so, but with a new Spawn in tow, the current storyline might just be huge in the future..

Thanks bro! I'm sure to check those out when I drop by Comic Odyssey or Planet X Comics this weekend.

With regards to Old Man Logan, maybe I'll wait for the collected editions of this. As you've said, I'll probably have a hard time getting the early issues.

Just got this titles from Comic Odyssey a while ago:

Batman #687

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen #4

Plus, I finally filled-in my missing issue for the Prelude to Blackest Night...Green Lantern Corps #34. Got it from Comic Quest :D

Edited by brian

Some of the stuff that I got yesterday from the ToyCon..

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss281/revi0712/Comic%20Book%20Collection/Picture021.jpg

Darkness #1..

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss281/revi0712/Comic%20Book%20Collection/Picture020.jpg

Luke Cage: Hero For Hire #2.. Second/very early appearance of Luke Cage.. Bronze Age..

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss281/revi0712/Comic%20Book%20Collection/Picture019.jpg

Early Werewolf By Night comics.. First story Arc ending in Marvel Spotlight #4 (3rd apperance of the character).. Bronze Age..

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss281/revi0712/Comic%20Book%20Collection/Picture017.jpg

Tomb Of Dracula #50 -> rare apperance of the Surfer in a horror-themed comicbook.. Bronze Age..

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss281/revi0712/Comic%20Book%20Collection/Picture016.jpg

Incredible Hulk vs. Warlock 1 Set.. Bronze Age..

Batman #687 was good. I liked this "epilogue" for Battle for the Cowl. I'm wondering if Red Robin would be a good comic too.

Just finished reading Ultimatum 1-4. Darn, what the heck was Jeph Loeb thinking. They killed most of the characters here. Makes me wonder what's next is in store for the Ultimates.

My pulls for this week:

Cable #15

Captain America #600

Dark Tower #2

Invincible Iron Man #14

Destroyer #3

Incognito #4

* Sobrang lakas ng ugong-ugong na babalik si Steve Rogers sa seryeng pinamagatang.. "The Return.." Any thoughts? Next month na ito..

anung kukunin mng comics? ok ba ang mga updates ng CO-FB? hehehehe

If the list that I browse everyweek (before Sandy gives his list) is accurate.. I'd be getting 11 comics.. Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, Berserker, End League, ASM, Av/Invaders, Daredevil, Dark Avengers, Dark Av/Xmen Utopia, New Avengers and XForce..

Di ko kukunin yung Uncanny #512.. One-shot lang kasi ito before #513, which is part of the Utopia event.. So, hindi necessary.. I also decided not to get my horror fix sa Freddy Vs. Jason Vs. Ash Part 2.. Dami ko kasi gusto kunin sa Vertigo eh.. That DC line has promising comics that I saw in Previews, just can't remember the names..

masmura ba ang comics sa filbars compare sa comic odessey?

Yep. Lalo na kung member ka ng club nila.. 10% off pa at meron pang for every 2k, may 100 pesos na balik ka.. May negative din kasi dito dahil minsan hindi lahat dumarating at minsan sobrang under-supplied.. But this is where I get most of my comics..

Dami kong pulls for this week:

AVENGERS INVADERS #12 (OF 12) – Finally! Bawas gastos!

DARK AVENGERS #6 – Probly my last issue.

GREEN LANTERN #42

JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #34

NEW AVENGERS #54

SECRET WARRIORS #5

TIMESTORM 2009/2099 X-MEN

X-FORCE #16 (Messiah War) – Last issue na rin! Antay na lang yung third act pero matagal tagal pa yun.

MARVEL MASTERWORKS FANTASTIC FOUR TP VOL 02

Edited by khumpleetist

Here are my pulls:

End League #8

Berserker #1

Green Lantern #42

Wonder Woman #33

Spider Man #598

Avengers/Invaders #12

Daredevil #119

Dark Avengers #6

Dark Avengers/Uncanny XMen: Utopia #1

New Avengers #54

X-Force #16

@khumpleetist: Bro, you won't be getting Utopia? Why naman? haha.. Might be a good slugfest, bro..

Here are my pulls:

End League #8

Berserker #1

Green Lantern #42

Wonder Woman #33

Spider Man #598

Avengers/Invaders #12

Daredevil #119

Dark Avengers #6

Dark Avengers/Uncanny XMen: Utopia #1

New Avengers #54

X-Force #16

@khumpleetist: Bro, you won't be getting Utopia? Why naman? haha.. Might be a good slugfest, bro..

Want to. I even contemplated but I'm out of budget. I just told myself na indi naman talaga Avengers yung team ni Osborn para di ako madisappoint.

Guys,

I'm gonna choose REBORN and I'm not gonna get the MARVELS PROJECT coz I wanna get ready for DARK REIGN: THE LIST. What do you guys think?

Here's what I think:

Reborn - There's a lot of hype but Captain America is really having a good run w/Brubaker so I guess this would be a nice compliment. I read Captain America #600 and I was intrigued. I would definitely get this if I have the budget. BUT, I think we know the ending: Steve Rogers will be back.

Marvels Project - Sort of origin of the MU plus the fact that this year is Marvel's 70th anniversary. I'm definitely gonna get this.

The List - Intriguing indeed, but we're already seeing what Osborn is doing w/some of the groups/individual on his list.

i talked to filbars main office ( jensen ) and told him i wana subscribe to their comics in order to get discounts. filbars is cheaper compared to others. their $ 2.99 cost about P 135.00. He offered me this like CO n DK - " Dont need to subscribe . I will email you every week the new arrivals. Just make reservations and U can pick them up at your designated branch you like I'll give U discounted price . " Not bad. They already emailed me today ( saturday ang sked nila ). Malaki rin ang tipid from P 150.00 to P 135.00. Hope this works. :thumbsupsmiley:

Got these last week:

Amazing Spider-Man #598

Dark Avengers/Uncanny X-Men: Utopia Chapter 1

Green Lantern #42

Gotham City Sirens #1

X-Force #12-16

Cable #13-15

X-Force/Cable: Messiah War Prologue One-Shot

X-Men Future History: Messiah War Sourcebook