Dc And Marvel Universe

I am not following the Captain America series.. So correct me if I am wrong.. But I have not heard any news that Captain America has already been replaced.. Any clarification would be appreciated.. Baka naman yung costume na pinakita ay parang plans lang..

A far as I know, its a toss up between Hawkeye and Winter Soldier.. In the Captain America book/series, the storyline revolves around the Winter Soldier.. I believe that if Cap would ever be replaced anytime soon, it would be the Winter Soldier because he has been the main focal point in the Cap series for some time now..

In the current Captain America storyline, Tony Stark was sent a "if I happen to die" letter from Steve Rogers saying that whatever happens, there should always be a Captain America.

The most likely contender is Winter Soldier since the new costume and Winter Soldier's current costume have the same star insignia on the shoulder. In any case Steve Rogers is dead and won't be coming back according to the writer.

This new costume was designed by Alex Ross. His character design skill really sucks.

Nah... I like his old costume better than this one. And I like his Ultimate costume better than the other two. The gun is ok since he is a soldier, but I have to agree with the canteen. Of course I realize the triangle is meant to resemble his old shield, but it still looks awkward. Especially so in Steve Epting's painting of Cap standing over the gargoyle. The triangle seems to be dangling from his neck... which is weird.

post-5446-1192452438.jpg

Nah... I like his old costume better than this one. And I like his Ultimate costume better than the other two. The gun is ok since he is a soldier, but I have to agree with the canteen. Of course I realize the triangle is meant to resemble his old shield, but it still looks awkward. Especially so in Steve Epting's painting of Cap standing over the gargoyle. The triangle seems to be dangling from his neck... which is weird.

post-5446-1192452438.jpg

I agree that the old costume ismuch better. I can't comment on the Ultimate Cap because I'm not reading that series and I'm not very familiar w/that costume.

This costume looks nice. The gun would be passable because Cap is a soldier and the knife too. It's just that I'm really not comfortable w/Cap having a gun and knife.

I agree that the old costume ismuch better. I can't comment on the Ultimate Cap because I'm not reading that series and I'm not very familiar w/that costume.

This costume looks nice. The gun would be passable because Cap is a soldier and the knife too. It's just that I'm really not comfortable w/Cap having a gun and knife.

Actually that's why Cap having a knife and gun isn't that much surprising to me since the Ultimate Cap do carry a gun sometimes. He prefers brawling than shooting, though.

You should pick up a copy of the Ultimates. It was hilarious how Cap was able to defeat Giant Man one on one when he learned that Giant Man was abusing his wife.

What I'd like to happen if they're gonna bring Steve Rogers back is to tranfuse the Ultimate Captain America from his universe to Marvel 616. But then the Ultimate universe wouldn't have a Captain America anymore...

The pictures that were presented here and in other sites on the new Captain America make me really convinced that the Winter Soldier would be the next Captain America.. For one, it has already been said in the grapevine/news that Steve Rogers is sure not to come back from the dead anytime soon.. Second is that the Winter Soldier has always been parading a gun and the next Cap as seen here also has a gun.. I doubt if Clint Barton would carry a gun.. If it is a bow, then hands down, the next Cap is sure to be Hawkeye.. hahaha...

Would it not be funny, if the Punisher becomes the next Cap.. I doubt it though coz in the recent Punisher War Journal, Frank Castle gave up his Cap costume to Bucky (Winter Soldier).. I do think that the Punisher is out of the running.. So, its either Hawkeye or the Winter Soldier..

The Return of Captain America is slated to be released on mid-January 2008.. Issue #34.. As early as now, I am reserving a copy of that.. hehehe.. :thumbsupsmiley: Sucky costume or not, I would definitely get this issue..

You should pick up a copy of the Ultimates. It was hilarious how Cap was able to defeat Giant Man one on one when he learned that Giant Man was abusing his wife.

Ultimate Cap is a real bad ass

when ultimate hulk went berzerk, Ultimate Cap threw down and held his own against the hulk. In my mind he is the real captain america.

the ultimates is the only thing I read now (that and the boys) you guys should pick it up.

Actually that's why Cap having a knife and gun isn't that much surprising to me since the Ultimate Cap do carry a gun sometimes. He prefers brawling than shooting, though.

What I'd like to happen if they're gonna bring Steve Rogers back is to tranfuse the Ultimate Captain America from his universe to Marvel 616. But then the Ultimate universe wouldn't have a Captain America anymore...

Ah, so that explains why you don't dig the gun and the knife. And Ult Cap is impressive if he defeated Giant Man on his own. I'm not reading Ultimates though I've watched the two movies. I'm thinking about getting their third series because the movie is quite decent and Joe Madureira Is drawing the series.

Ult Cap won't be tranfused to MU 616 bec Joe Quesaada assured the readers the Ult and 616 universes won't cross paths. He said that Marvel would have an impression that it ran out of ideas if that happens.

The pictures that were presented here and in other sites on the new Captain America make me really convinced that the Winter Soldier would be the next Captain America.. For one, it has already been said in the grapevine/news that Steve Rogers is sure not to come back from the dead anytime soon.. Second is that the Winter Soldier has always been parading a gun and the next Cap as seen here also has a gun.. I doubt if Clint Barton would carry a gun.. If it is a bow, then hands down, the next Cap is sure to be Hawkeye.. hahaha...

Would it not be funny, if the Punisher becomes the next Cap.. I doubt it though coz in the recent Punisher War Journal, Frank Castle gave up his Cap costume to Bucky (Winter Soldier).. I do think that the Punisher is out of the running.. So, its either Hawkeye or the Winter Soldier..

The Return of Captain America is slated to be released on mid-January 2008.. Issue #34.. As early as now, I am reserving a copy of that.. hehehe.. :thumbsupsmiley: Sucky costume or not, I would definitely get this issue..

I'm having a 50% guess that the new Cap would be Bucky and 50% for a surprise character (Punisher and Hawkeye exempted).

And bro, ur not the only one who would be reserving that copy. :thumbsupsmiley:

Ultimate Cap is a real bad ass

when ultimate hulk went berzerk, Ultimate Cap threw down and held his own against the hulk. In my mind he is the real captain america.

the ultimates is the only thing I read now (that and the boys) you guys should pick it up.

Ei Larry, any link where we can download The Boys? This really interests me but I wanna follow your advise to read a scanned copy first before I buy the comic.

Everyone is invited to attend Comic Odyssey's 10th year anniversary on Oct 27th, 2007 at Robinsons Place Manila!

Guests artists are:

John Beatty

Gerry Alanguilan

Leinil Francis Yu

Edgar Tadeo

Mico Suayan

Artists would be signing from 1PM - 5 PM

Raffle Prizes will be given out every half our

For further info please contact 5368070, 9140040 or 9152744

yes

in Marvel's Ultimate universe, Ultimate Cap is still very much alive and still kicking ass.

So all this talk of Cap being dead is just hot air since in another storyline he is alive and well and selling issues at that.

Although I don't think they would do a database reset with the 616 Universe, if things fail there, since they still have Ultimate going, they could just carry on with the Ultimate storyline.

It's like 616 is the dependent variable in the experiment, right?

So all this talk of Cap being dead is just hot air since in another storyline he is alive and well and selling issues at that.

Although I don't think they would do a database reset with the 616 Universe, if things fail there, since they still have Ultimate going, they could just carry on with the Ultimate storyline.

It's like 616 is the dependent variable in the experiment, right?

But as Larry said, the Ultimate Universe will never replace the 616 Universe since the storyline and characters in the Ultimate characters are more dynamic (i.e. lots of people dying and lots of characters behaving unlike their counterparts in the 616 universe). Take for example the gay Ultimate Jarvis and Colossus.

In short, the Ultimate Universe isn't dependent on the 616 Universe at all... except for the character names. Some heroes in the 616 Universe are actually villains in the Ultimate Universe...