Dc And Marvel Universe

• 3 weeks later...

Ever seen the Amadius Arkham journals (Arkam Asylum,a dangerous place)?Where in the Grant Morrison explains the batman's true nature of being insane?Its a cool comic book,I was looking for the death of superman, the part that he fought with doomsday and died. It was weird though that according to DC comics the real superwoman(supermans cousin) died. Then all of a sudden she reappears on the JL series and then is left in the future,what really happened to her anyway?

Batman beyond was also cool, illustrating that Bruce Wayne is the father of the new batman.

More power and Cool tread.. :cool:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
It was weird though that according to DC comics the real superwoman(supermans cousin) died. Then all of a sudden she reappears on the JL series and then is left in the future,what really happened to her anyway?

They're both Superman's cousin (sort of). The 'old' Supergirl died during Crisis on Infinite Earths (circa '86) and as a result of that storyline the remaining duplicate earths merged to form this modern DC universe with new timelines. In essence, it 'rebooted' the DC universe from that time on. This 'new' Supergirl is a product of that 'rebooted world' and she did went to the future.

Don't worry about it too much, DC comics 'reboots' their universe once every 10 years or so that it's really hard to get a definitive history of the characters. For the record, Dc also 'rebooted' the DC universe during the Zero Hour storyline and recently in Infinite Crisis.

They're both Superman's cousin (sort of). The 'old' Supergirl died during Crisis on Infinite Earths (circa '86) and as a result of that storyline the remaining duplicate earths merged to form this modern DC universe with new timelines. In essence, it 'rebooted' the DC universe from that time on. This 'new' Supergirl is a product of that 'rebooted world' and she did went to the future.

Don't worry about it too much, DC comics 'reboots' their universe once every 10 years or so that it's really hard to get a definitive history of the characters. For the record, Dc also 'rebooted' the DC universe during the Zero Hour storyline and recently in Infinite Crisis.

So DC reboots itself every 10 years, aside from supergirl,who else gets a twist???

Superman or Son Goku? Son Goku ah, he never dies,he always comes back. :boo:

I have the Fantastic Four Civil War related comic books, I wonder what would happen to the First Family of Marvel.. Sue Storm does not see eye to eye with her husband Reed Richards.. She does not agree with the way Reed has conducted his dealings with Iron Man and she has been open that she is more in agreement with Captain America..

Break up anyone? Hmmm...

I have the Fantastic Four Civil War related comic books, I wonder what would happen to the First Family of Marvel.. Sue Storm does not see eye to eye with her husband Reed Richards.. She does not agree with the way Reed has conducted his dealings with Iron Man and she has been open that she is more in agreement with Captain America..

Break up anyone? Hmmm...

Iniwan na. May bago ngang line-up yung Fantastic Four sa issue # 544 (see pic below) at may isa pa ngang teaser na kasali si Galactus at Silver Surfer, pero sigurado ako eh wala pang isang taon eh buo ulit ang grupo.

post-109019-1169627455.jpg

damn... cap america is an idiot for trashing punisher and finally trowing him out of the team...i really hoped punisher would be with caps team till the end..........punisher still rules :cool:

I think it's the other way around, Castle is really nuts. Imagine shooting those guys in front in front of those superheroes. C'mon, I know Castle is a little bit unstable but that was dumb.

Anyone who read 52 issue # 37?

Great story and great revelations. Supernova's identity was revealed and... well lurker252 might get spoiled again so just read the issue. :P

But the biggest revelation was about the the DC Nation at the last page. Someone named Logan decoded the message and he used these steps:

1. he took out every third word

2. then he took the first letter of each word and go figure

:P

• 2 weeks later...

just curious, anyone here read "The Boys" by Garth Ennis?

you should

and Lurker252 or any other watchmen fan, Zack Snyder director of Dawn of the Dead and the upcoming 300 (based on Frank Miller's graphic novel of the same name, and which looks to be a real bad ass film) is curerntly in pre production for a movie version of Watchmen.

WB makes Unusual deal '300' filmmaker inks a first-look pact By PAMELA MCCLINTOCK

Zack Snyder Z. Snyder

Deborah Snyder D. Snyder Filmmaker Zack Snyder's newly formed shingle Cruel & Unusual Films has inked a two-year first-look deal with Warner Bros. Pictures.

Snyder and his wife, Deborah, are co-prexies of the company. Wesley Coller has boarded Cruel & Unusual as a producer.

Warner Bros. pact comes as the studio readies Snyder's highly stylized "300" for release. Feature, based on Frank Miller's graphic novel of the same name, retells the violent and ancient battle of Thermopylae.

Pic, which hits theaters March 9, stars Gerard Butler, Lena Headey, Dominic West, David Wenham and Rodrigo Santoro.

"Zack is an incredible storyteller -- he's got vision and a style all his own," said Warner Bros. production prexy Jeff Robinov.

Snyder, who made his feature directorial debut with horror remake "Dawn of the Dead," is in pre-production on "Watchmen," based on Alan Moore's DC Comics comicbook, for Warners.

Before turning to features, Snyder shot commercials and musicvideos.

Deborah Snyder, who exec produced "300," was most recently a VP and exec producer for ad house BBDO NY.

just curious, anyone here read "The Boys" by Garth Ennis?

you should

and Lurker252 or any other watchmen fan, Zack Snyder director of Dawn of the Dead and the upcoming 300 (based on Frank Miller's graphic novel of the same name, and which looks to be a real bad ass film) is curerntly in pre production for a movie version of Watchmen.

WB makes Unusual deal '300' filmmaker inks a first-look pact By PAMELA MCCLINTOCK

Zack Snyder Z. Snyder

Deborah Snyder D. Snyder Filmmaker Zack Snyder's newly formed shingle Cruel & Unusual Films has inked a two-year first-look deal with Warner Bros. Pictures.

Snyder and his wife, Deborah, are co-prexies of the company. Wesley Coller has boarded Cruel & Unusual as a producer.

Warner Bros. pact comes as the studio readies Snyder's highly stylized "300" for release. Feature, based on Frank Miller's graphic novel of the same name, retells the violent and ancient battle of Thermopylae.

Pic, which hits theaters March 9, stars Gerard Butler, Lena Headey, Dominic West, David Wenham and Rodrigo Santoro.

"Zack is an incredible storyteller -- he's got vision and a style all his own," said Warner Bros. production prexy Jeff Robinov.

Snyder, who made his feature directorial debut with horror remake "Dawn of the Dead," is in pre-production on "Watchmen," based on Alan Moore's DC Comics comicbook, for Warners.

Before turning to features, Snyder shot commercials and musicvideos.

Deborah Snyder, who exec produced "300," was most recently a VP and exec producer for ad house BBDO NY.

I don't read The Boys but I read it'll be cancelled by issue # 6. That's bad for a book with good reviews and decent sales to be cancelled without explanation. I read the writer is going to bring it to another publisher.

Just want to let everyone know that international comic inker/penciller John Beatty would be visiting Comic Odyssey Galeria on Feb 18, 2007. Autograph signing commences from 1pm - 4pm.

Beatty's credits include:

Thanos Quest - inks

Venom: The Madness - inks

Action Comics (from issues 600-606 and 609-612) - inks

Batman # 555 - pencils

Justice League Europe Annual # 2 - pencils

See you there.

I don't read The Boys but I read it'll be cancelled by issue # 6. That's bad for a book with good reviews and decent sales to be cancelled without explanation. I read the writer is going to bring it to another publisher.

cancelled already, apparently DC thought it was too violent, Garth Ennis did say that this book will out-Preacher Preacher and it apparently had.

Hopefully they get someone else to pick up the title. would be a shame to see a book like this go away.

BTW if you guys are into comic scans, I could (if it's there of course)hook you up with some rapidshare links.