Diet

A good power bar before workout always helps. Can't train hard when you're gettin hungry. A granola bar or some trail mix is also a good alternative.

After workout, that's when I take some protein shake and some dinner. Can't sleep though for the next two hours.

Power Bar = Sugar rush. You'll really feel the kick.

guys, has anyone of you heard of snow lotus or kefir? I consider this as a diet food. It is a kind of yogurt and claims to be a cure-a-lot, even preventing or curing the early stage of colon cancer.

basta try nyo na lang research sa internet about this.

I beg to refute your statement above freezer. 1200-1500 calories a day??? Too low my friend. I'd say 2000 to 2500 calories a day. And 100-150 grams of protein? Where did you get this info? If you're referring to athletes or bodybuilders for that matter, then obviously protein requirements will need to go up. But for the individual who doesn't engage in strenuous activities, US FDA only recommends at least 20 grams a day for the ordinary individual. I think you are misleading alot of people.

Good Morning sir jacques! i am not misleading a lot of people. With due respect to your info (2000-2500 cal/day), I should say that it is for athletes or has labor-intensive job and not for normal people who only walks not more than 2 hours a day and not doing household work (like most of us :) ) It is ironic to take this small portion of calories for athletes nor bodybuilders because they are the once who burns more calories and for typical people to give them more calories than what they truly need??? (this are the factors why most people became overweight/obese) and i am also sorry to refute your recommendation baligtad kasi. Secondly, we (filipinos) should not compare our daily intake to foreign guys because of our smaller body frame. Di naman po pwede kainin ni pedro and dami ng kinakain ni uncle sam kasi height palang, malaki na difference. diba po?

Anyway based from our training last march at LA from respectable dieticians and doctors, for filipinos who is averaging of 5'7" in height, if they will go on a diet (that's what this room is all about), they should lower their calorie intake at the average of 500 calories a day to loose weight so that will range from 1200 to 1500 calories. On the other hand high in GOOD PROTEIN (e.g.not synthetic) will control hunger and increase your metabolism. Eating more protein helps control your appetite, making weight loss easier. If you dont eat enough of it, your body will steal protein from your muscles and organs. Not all proteins are created equal and 15% -35% of your diet should be lean protein that doesn't contain significant levels of fat (like in animal protein) Lowering your calories and personalizing your food intake/regimen (high protein + healthy carbohydrates) will give you better result in weight management while controling hunger.

Now, for those who really want to know their reccomended weight, protein and calorie intake based from your height, avocation,activity, body shape/structure, pre-existing conditions, etc. you can always PM me for more details.

I respectfully do not agree with your calorie and protein suggestion sir jacques for those who are in DIET. If what your saying are for "ordinary individual" i guess, it is not intended for overweight and obese people. peace bro! :thumbsupsmiley:

If you must drink stay away from beer, even light beer as it has too much carbs.

The safest drink to drink for dieters would be a Bacardi and Diet Coke - LowCal (65 calories in a shot of Bacardi, 0 calories in Diet Coke), LowCarb (0 Carbs if the Bacardi ad is to be believed).

diet coke has sugar more than your reccomended sugar allowance. So if kaya, stay with bottled water nalang, ask a slice of lime or better kung lemon and squeeze for a good twist. :thumbsupsmiley:

question: how much are these protein bars and power bars and where can you find them???

There's plenty or power bars at Healthy Options, GNC and other similar stores. Prices range from P60 to P150 or even more, depending on the brand and make. Another alternative are the muesli or cereal bars found in supermarkets, but do not have the same amount of protien. Its packed with fiber though. Just watch the sugar contents on any of those bars.

Good Morning sir jacques! i am not misleading a lot of people. With due respect to your info (2000-2500 cal/day), I should say that it is for athletes or has labor-intensive job and not for normal people who only walks not more than 2 hours a day and not doing household work (like most of us :) ) It is ironic to take this small portion of calories for athletes nor bodybuilders because they are the once who burns more calories and for typical people to give them more calories than what they truly need??? (this are the factors why most people became overweight/obese) and i am also sorry to refute your recommendation baligtad kasi. Secondly, we (filipinos) should not compare our daily intake to foreign guys because of our smaller body frame. Di naman po pwede kainin ni pedro and dami ng kinakain ni uncle sam kasi height palang, malaki na difference. diba po?

Anyway based from our training last march at LA from respectable dieticians and doctors, for filipinos who is averaging of 5'7" in height, if they will go on a diet (that's what this room is all about), they should lower their calorie intake at the average of 500 calories a day to loose weight so that will range from 1200 to 1500 calories. On the other hand high in GOOD PROTEIN (e.g.not synthetic) will control hunger and increase your metabolism. Eating more protein helps control your appetite, making weight loss easier. If you dont eat enough of it, your body will steal protein from your muscles and organs. Not all proteins are created equal and 15% -35% of your diet should be lean protein that doesn't contain significant levels of fat (like in animal protein) Lowering your calories and personalizing your food intake/regimen (high protein + healthy carbohydrates) will give you better result in weight management while controling hunger.

Now, for those who really want to know their reccomended weight, protein and calorie intake based from your height, avocation,activity, body shape/structure, pre-existing conditions, etc. you can always PM me for more details.

I respectfully do not agree with your calorie and protein suggestion sir jacques for those who are in DIET. If what your saying are for "ordinary individual" i guess, it is not intended for overweight and obese people. peace bro! :thumbsupsmiley:

For the sake of arguement here goes.

i am not misleading a lot of people. With due respect to your info (2000-2500 cal/day), I should say that it is for athletes or has labor-intensive job and not for normal people who only walks not more than 2 hours a day and not doing household work. It is ironic to take this small portion of calories for athletes nor bodybuilders because they are the once who burns more calories and for typical people to give them more calories than what they truly need??? (this are the factors why most people became overweight/obese) and i am also sorry to refute your recommendation baligtad kasi. I really have yet to see people who actually can live with 1000-1500 calories a day. 1500 calories??? Maybe yes but still kinda low. Even if he/she can manage to have the discipline and restrict the calories, I really doubt if you could sustain this approach in the long term because, people still burn calories even without strenuous physical activity. My point is, when calorie is consumed within your "recomended levels" I really doubt one could function well physically and mentally even if he/she is not an activem athlete whatsoever. And just to let you know, an athlete/bodybuilder more often than not, goes beyond the 2500 calorie mark not unless the bodybuilder is preparing for a contest.

"Secondly, we (filipinos) should not compare our daily intake to foreign guys because of our smaller body frame. Di naman po pwede kainin ni pedro and dami ng kinakain ni uncle sam kasi height palang, malaki na difference. diba po?" What gave you a hint that I was referring to recommended caloric intake of foreign individuals?

Anyway based from our training last march at LA from respectable dieticians and doctors, for filipinos who is averaging of 5'7" in height, if they will go on a diet (that's what this room is all about), they should lower their calorie intake at the average of 500 calories a day to loose weight so that will range from 1200 to 1500 calories. I can't beleive that you actually took advice from fereign "experts" who're not even well versed with the Filipino way of life. Doesn't your statement even refute what you've mentioned earlier? And you're basically assuming that the individual consumes 1700 to 2000 calories a day and should reduce an avg. of 500 calories? I'm sorry but you guys assume too much. You don't even have data/studies to confirm that Filipinos at height x consumes an avg. of x calories.

"On the other hand high in GOOD PROTEIN (e.g.not synthetic) will control hunger and increase your metabolism." Do you care to specify what are synthetic proteins you are referring to? Any study to prove your claim that proetein will control your hunger? and increase your metabolism??? Maybe you mean by reducing unecesarry carbohydrates and fats and replacing them with quality protein. I'm sure that protein uptake alone will not increase your metabolism.

Eating more protein helps control your appetite, making weight loss easier. If you dont eat enough of it, your body will steal protein from your muscles and organs. First sentence is another bold and confusing statement. 2nd statement, may be true and will be a concern for athletes/bodybuilders but not for ordinary individuals. The protein revolution was popularized by the Atkins/Southbeach diet and etc. Yes, it promoted rapid weight loss but it's still highly debatable weather or not this is the best approach. Our ancestors also had a fair share of individuals who're physically fit and in outstanding shape but never underwent the "protein" diet fad.

Not all proteins are created equal and 15% -35% of your diet should be lean protein that doesn't contain significant levels of fat (like in animal protein) Lowering your calories and personalizing your food intake/regimen (high protein + healthy carbohydrates) will give you better result in weight management while controling hunger. This is one of your better statements.

"Now, for those who really want to know their reccomended weight, protein and calorie intake based from your height, avocation,activity, body shape/structure, pre-existing conditions, etc. you can always PM me for more details.

I respectfully do not agree with your calorie and protein suggestion sir jacques for those who are in DIET. If what your saying are for "ordinary individual" i guess, it is not intended for overweight and obese people. peace bro! " I also respectfully do not agree with majority of what you've said. Yes I'm referring to the ordinary individual because I'm sure majority would agree that not only the obese/heavyweight but any person in general must undergo a clean and healthy but reasonable diet to promote self well-being. And lastly, since you'd actually make a living out of giving these "advices" I really understand why you'd actually, beleive in what you sell. I'm not questioning your credibility. I am questioning your knowledge, consistency and motives here. It's ok you if you don't agree with me. Hell, I'm not perfect as well. But please do not pretend to be a health know it all because I'm sure you're not.

diet coke has sugar more than your reccomended sugar allowance. So if kaya, stay with bottled water nalang, ask a slice of lime or better kung lemon and squeeze for a good twist. :thumbsupsmiley:

If you can prove to me that there's sugar in diet coke/coke light, let's sue the company. <_<

If you read that post ... it was a suggested alcoholic drink combination -- Bacardi (rum) and Diet Coke) ... so I dont think suggesting that they drink bottled water will work... :rolleyes:

And, if youre gonna be drinking... might as well have some fun while youre at it right?

There are some people who cant take their rum with just water. That option was for them actually.

And if you look at the nutritional information of Diet Coke below (or any diet soda for that matter) it has really 0 sugar content... what it has though is artificial sweetener which is probably as bad for you; it also has really high Sodium content and that might not be good for you too ... :lol:

post-40936-1179763130.jpg

Edited by Wyld

this post may be OT but I need help.

I am working my shift at night, given so, I am a Call Center peep. I've been trying to workout and at least create a lean body, just for health's sake. I stand 5'10 tall and i weigh 155-160 lbs. [haven't checked yet]

I cannot seem to formulate an effective way to at least burn and loose my side flabs. I believe these are because of an irregularity on my eating habit. I seldom eat at 9PM {my usual start of the day}, eat meals at around 4AM [Lunch break] and follow up with some crackers each time I get hungry. Then the next meal would be 12NN before I go to sleep. My rice intake is already as advised before. I can only go for as high as 1 cup of rice per meal.

My work starts at 11 PM and ends at 8 AM. after work, I go downstairs to workout for at least 2 - 3 hours maximum. Inclusive of an hour Cardio and 2 hours for weightlifting and toning.

There are still occasional drinking sessions but were only done during my days off.

Please advise. I hope I can solve this matter.

Thank you.

For the sake of arguement here goes.

i am not misleading a lot of people. With due respect to your info (2000-2500 cal/day), I should say that it is for athletes or has labor-intensive job and not for normal people who only walks not more than 2 hours a day and not doing household work. It is ironic to take this small portion of calories for athletes nor bodybuilders because they are the once who burns more calories and for typical people to give them more calories than what they truly need??? (this are the factors why most people became overweight/obese) and i am also sorry to refute your recommendation baligtad kasi. I really have yet to see people who actually can live with 1000-1500 calories a day. 1500 calories??? Maybe yes but still kinda low. Even if he/she can manage to have the discipline and restrict the calories, I really doubt if you could sustain this approach in the long term because, people still burn calories even without strenuous physical activity. My point is, when calorie is consumed within your "recomended levels" I really doubt one could function well physically and mentally even if he/she is not an activem athlete whatsoever. And just to let you know, an athlete/bodybuilder more often than not, goes beyond the 2500 calorie mark not unless the bodybuilder is preparing for a contest.

"Secondly, we (filipinos) should not compare our daily intake to foreign guys because of our smaller body frame. Di naman po pwede kainin ni pedro and dami ng kinakain ni uncle sam kasi height palang, malaki na difference. diba po?" What gave you a hint that I was referring to recommended caloric intake of foreign individuals?

Anyway based from our training last march at LA from respectable dieticians and doctors, for filipinos who is averaging of 5'7" in height, if they will go on a diet (that's what this room is all about), they should lower their calorie intake at the average of 500 calories a day to loose weight so that will range from 1200 to 1500 calories. I can't beleive that you actually took advice from fereign "experts" who're not even well versed with the Filipino way of life. Doesn't your statement even refute what you've mentioned earlier? And you're basically assuming that the individual consumes 1700 to 2000 calories a day and should reduce an avg. of 500 calories? I'm sorry but you guys assume too much. You don't even have data/studies to confirm that Filipinos at height x consumes an avg. of x calories.

"On the other hand high in GOOD PROTEIN (e.g.not synthetic) will control hunger and increase your metabolism." Do you care to specify what are synthetic proteins you are referring to? Any study to prove your claim that proetein will control your hunger? and increase your metabolism??? Maybe you mean by reducing unecesarry carbohydrates and fats and replacing them with quality protein. I'm sure that protein uptake alone will not increase your metabolism.

Eating more protein helps control your appetite, making weight loss easier. If you dont eat enough of it, your body will steal protein from your muscles and organs. First sentence is another bold and confusing statement. 2nd statement, may be true and will be a concern for athletes/bodybuilders but not for ordinary individuals. The protein revolution was popularized by the Atkins/Southbeach diet and etc. Yes, it promoted rapid weight loss but it's still highly debatable weather or not this is the best approach. Our ancestors also had a fair share of individuals who're physically fit and in outstanding shape but never underwent the "protein" diet fad.

Not all proteins are created equal and 15% -35% of your diet should be lean protein that doesn't contain significant levels of fat (like in animal protein) Lowering your calories and personalizing your food intake/regimen (high protein + healthy carbohydrates) will give you better result in weight management while controling hunger. This is one of your better statements.

"Now, for those who really want to know their reccomended weight, protein and calorie intake based from your height, avocation,activity, body shape/structure, pre-existing conditions, etc. you can always PM me for more details.

I respectfully do not agree with your calorie and protein suggestion sir jacques for those who are in DIET. If what your saying are for "ordinary individual" i guess, it is not intended for overweight and obese people. peace bro! " I also respectfully do not agree with majority of what you've said. Yes I'm referring to the ordinary individual because I'm sure majority would agree that not only the obese/heavyweight but any person in general must undergo a clean and healthy but reasonable diet to promote self well-being. And lastly, since you'd actually make a living out of giving these "advices" I really understand why you'd actually, beleive in what you sell. I'm not questioning your credibility. I am questioning your knowledge, consistency and motives here. It's ok you if you don't agree with me. Hell, I'm not perfect as well. But please do not pretend to be a health know it all because I'm sure you're not.

That's your premise and I have mine. If your saying that i'm living out of giving these advices, your definitely wrong because I have a job and a business aside from this and I don't make a living out of it. What I'm sharing here are not mere fiction but based from scietific research and study and was proven effective to lots of people including my mother and myself. I don't mind if you question my knowledge, consistency and motives, what's important to me is I made people that I love better than their conditions before and I will be much willing to help people in need without erecting phallus of pride and einstein. Thank you for the good exposure though! :thumbsupsmiley:

this post may be OT but I need help.

I am working my shift at night, given so, I am a Call Center peep. I've been trying to workout and at least create a lean body, just for health's sake. I stand 5'10 tall and i weigh 155-160 lbs. [haven't checked yet]

I cannot seem to formulate an effective way to at least burn and loose my side flabs. I believe these are because of an irregularity on my eating habit. I seldom eat at 9PM {my usual start of the day}, eat meals at around 4AM [Lunch break] and follow up with some crackers each time I get hungry. Then the next meal would be 12NN before I go to sleep. My rice intake is already as advised before. I can only go for as high as 1 cup of rice per meal.

My work starts at 11 PM and ends at 8 AM. after work, I go downstairs to workout for at least 2 - 3 hours maximum. Inclusive of an hour Cardio and 2 hours for weightlifting and toning.

There are still occasional drinking sessions but were only done during my days off.

Please advise. I hope I can solve this matter.

Thank you.

Fix your eating habits first.

I also work on night shifts, maybe you can try my routine. I usually have my dinner at 7 p.m.(before going to work) 1 cup of rice max, more on protein and vegies. Next meal is around 3 a.m. half rice na lang cguro then protein and vegies ulit. then as much as possible wala ng kasunod na meal. Though its day time, its our time to rest na so our body is slow in digesting what we took in. Then eto important, no in between meals. If you want to eat fruits like apple and orange or crackers. Then if you're hungry before you sleep. Milo na lang then water. (Note:As much as possible, avoid drinking cold water, nakakataba din kasi.)

Work out: Have you tried boxing? Ok sya as in total body work out. Then concentrate more on abdominal exercises.

By the way, more discipline on drinking. Kung makakaiwas mas ok. Just my two cents.

Hope this helps! :thumbsupsmiley:

Try nyo HERBALIFE weight loss program. (calorie controlled meal replacement program)

Very effective talaga sya.

kasi ako I lost 3 inches of my waist and 10 lbs in just 3 weeks. w/o exercise pa yun.

Then yung tita ko 24 lbs in 7 weeks.

Question: Where? how much? how long?