SSS Inquiries... Let Me Help You...

members here's the guidelines for the condonation:

CIRCULAR NO. 20-P

TO: ALL SSS MEMBERS

SUBJECT: Condonation of Penalties on Delinquent Short-term Member Loans (Salary, Calamity, Emergency, Educational, Study Now Pay Later Plan, Vocational/Technical Student and Y2K Loans)

Pursuant to Social Security Commission (SSC) Resolution No. 451 dated 21 July 2004 (which was approved by the Office of the President of the Philippines on 05 August 2004), the guidelines for the condonation of penalties on delinquent short-term member loans are:

WHO ARE QUALIFIED TO APPLY FOR PENALTY CONDONATION

Borrowers who are delinquent in the payment of their monthly loan amortizations as of 30 September 2004.

WHAT ARE THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS

Availment period is from 01 October 2004 to 30 September 2005.

Payment of arrears (outstanding principal and interest) may be made in partial or in full during the availment period.

The amount of penalties to be condoned is proportionate to the amount of arrears paid. For example, if all arrears are paid, then all corresponding penalties are condoned. If only 50% of arrears are paid, then only 50% of penalties are condones. The remaining arrears will continue to accumulate penalties.

If the remaining arrears are subsequently paid during the availment period, the accumulated penalties are condoned.

Borrowers shall be allowed to apply for short-term member loans only after two (2) years from the date of the last payment made within the condonation period.

A borrower who pays at least P500 will be eligible to participate in the Delinquency Assistance Program.

Mechanics of the Program:

Four hundred (400) delinquency assistances at P5,000 each shall be raffled off to borrowers who avail of the condonation program.

The borrower is entitled to one (1) raffle entry for every P500 payment to be assigned by a computer-generated system.

A borrower can only win twice for the entire condonation period.

One hundred (100) winners of P5,000 each will be drawn each quarter.

The prize shall be applied to the borrower's loan balance, if any; the excess shall be paid to the borrower.

SSS employees may avail of the condonation program but shall be disqualified to participate in the quarterly draws.

HOW TO AVAIL OF THE CONDONATION PROGRAM

Borrower shall fill-up an Application for Penalty Condonation Form.

Borrower shall be issued Statement of Account (SA) and Payment Return Form (ML-1) stamped "With Application for Condonation of Penalty" on both documents.

Copy of proof of payments (SBR & ML-1) shall be submitted to the nearest SSS Branch to facilitate posting.

Please be guided accordingly.

(sgd.)

CORAZON S. DE LA PAZ

President and Chief Executive Officer

3 September 2004

about the condonation, meaning, may interest pa rin na babayaran di ba? penalties lang ang wala. tama ba ko, izzecoh? akala ko kse, yung principal amount lang ang pwedeng bayaran eh.

honga pala, pa-favor naman, baka pwede mo naman i-check kung sino ang dependents sa SSS namin. nung nag-file kse kami ng hubby ko para sa SSS number namin, single pa kami eh...PM ko na lang sa yo SS # namin ha. sabi kase sa buendia branch, i need to go to the main office pa para ma-verify ito...

thanks!

about the condonation, meaning, may interest pa rin na babayaran di ba? penalties lang ang wala. tama ba ko, izzecoh? akala ko kse, yung principal amount lang ang pwedeng bayaran eh.

honga pala, pa-favor naman, baka pwede mo naman i-check kung sino ang dependents sa SSS namin. nung nag-file kse kami ng hubby ko para sa SSS number namin, single pa kami eh...PM ko na lang sa yo SS # namin ha. sabi kase sa buendia branch, i need to go to the main office pa para ma-verify ito...

thanks!

yes... may interest pa rin,,, favor yan s mttgal n loan n d nbyaran.... pero ayos n yan at least nabawsan..... i got ur PM.... send ko agad s ung details as soon as i got the copy of ur records.. :)

SUBJECT: ENHANCEMENTS OF THE FLEXI-FUND PROGRAM FOR OFWs

The Social Security Commission, in its Resolution No. 394 dated 23 June 2004, approved the following enhancements of the Flexi-fund Program for OFWs, thereby amending provisions under Office Order No. 26-N dated 12 July 2001:

Contributions

Any amount, not lower than P200, paid in excess of the required maximum monthly contribution to the regular Social Security program shall be applied to Flexi-fund.

Excess payments lower than P200 made by Flexi-fund members shall be treated as overpayment to the regular Social Security program.

Benefit Entitlement: Early Withdrawals

A member may withdraw his contributions to the Fund, including interest thereon, anytime. Pre-termination fees shall be imposed, however, on withdrawal of accumulated contributions that have stayed in the Fund for less than one year.

The comp*tation of pre-termination fees shall be based on net earnings (interest earnings less operating expenses) at the time of filing of claim. Charges shall be in accordance with the following schedule:

Retention/Holding period

at time of early withdrawal

Pre-termination fees

6 months and below

20% of net earnings

Within 6-12 months

10% of net earnings

12 months and above

None

General Procedures: Enrollment

An OFW may also submit his duly accomplished SS Form OW-1 with Flexi-fund enrollment at any local SSS branch prior to deployment.

In the case of local enrollment, presentation of valid overseas employment certificate (OEC) or E-receipt issued by the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA) shall be required as proof of pending deployment of Flexi-fund registrant. Please refer to Annex A for the detailed procedures.

All other provisions specified under Office Order No. 26-N not otherwise inconsistent with this Office Order shall continue to be in effect and implemented.

For strict compliance.

(sgd.)

CORAZON S. DE LA PAZ

President and Chief Executive Officer

preng izzecoh, i told you about the predicament of the ladies who work at a ktv in quezon city. they hope to ensure their future thru monthly contributions to the SSS while they can still earn a lot. It seems pretty difficult for them , (or is the system biased against them?), they have to line up at your office which gives out ONE form per visit. can you imagine doing this every month just to pay your SSS dues? is there no better way to do this? can you present the rationale behind the stingy distribution of these forms? is it wise to choose who gets to avail of social security when the SSS is in trouble of being short in funds? i commiserate with these ladies because what fallback do they have after their beauty and earning capacity has dissipated? <_<

preng izzecoh, i told you about the predicament of the ladies who work at a ktv in quezon city. they hope to ensure their future thru monthly contributions to the SSS while they can still earn a lot. It seems pretty difficult for them , (or is the system biased against them?), they have to line up at your office which gives out ONE form per visit. can you imagine doing this every month just to pay your SSS dues? is there no better way to do this? can you present the rationale behind the stingy distribution of these forms? is it wise to choose who gets to avail of social security when the SSS is in trouble of being short in funds? i commiserate with these ladies because what fallback do they have after their beauty and earning capacity has dissipated? <_<

hmmm,, cnsya n ha limited lang ung forms na hinihingi mo e.... even us here mismo in the SSS e nahihirapan din makahingi ng maramihan,, can we have a meeting with these "girls" that you've said, tapos let's whats the real problem with them... then we can settle a process that is ok to them.. :)

i just wanna ask something... who is entitled to have a SSS? kasi sa previous job ko they let me have my SSS number. pro ganon lang. 6 months prob before ma regular. i only stayed there for 4 months. some people asked me if i have SSS already. meron ako kaso number lng kasi my previous company walang sinabi sa amin anything about it and sa salary nmin walang nklagay na amount sa SSS. sabi kasi kaya wala pa daw ako SSS kasi hindi pa daw ako regular sa job ko? is it true and ganon b tlga yung policy? hope u can help me about this. thanks!

i just wanna ask something... who is entitled to have a SSS? kasi sa previous job ko they let me have my SSS number. pro ganon lang. 6 months prob before ma regular. i only stayed there for 4 months. some people asked me if i have SSS already. meron ako kaso number lng kasi my previous company walang sinabi sa amin anything about it and sa salary nmin walang nklagay na amount sa SSS. sabi kasi kaya wala pa daw ako SSS kasi hindi pa daw ako regular sa job ko? is it true and ganon b tlga yung policy? hope u can help me about this. thanks!

READ THIS

Who are covered under the SSS?

Compulsory Coverage

1. Coverage of Employees

a. A private employee, whether permanent, temporary or provisional, who is not over 60 years old, is subject to compulsory coverage.

b. On Sept. 1, 1993, SSS provided for the coverage of household helpers earning at least P1,000 a month.

A household helper is any person who renders domestic services exclusively to a household such as a driver, gardener, cook, or governess and other similar occupations.

c. A Filipino seafarer should be covered by the SSS upon the signing of the standard contract of employment between the seafarer and the manning agency, together with the foreign ship owner as employers. This ruling was upheld by the Philippine Supreme Court in the case of Ben Sta. Rita vs. The Court of Appeals, the People of the Philippines and the SSS, General Report Nos. 119891, 247 Supreme Court Records Annotated 484 dated Aug. 21, 1995.

Such standard contract, which stipulates for the SSS coverage of Filipino seafarers was required for overseas employment pursuant to a Memorandum of Agreement between the SSS and the Department of Labor and Employment signed on July 14, 1988.

d. An employee of a foreign government, international organization or their wholly-owned instrumentality based in the Philippines, which entered into an administrative agreement with the SSS for the coverage of its Filipino workers, is subject to compulsory coverage.

e. With the approval of the Social Security Act of 1997 or RA 8282, effective May 24, 1997, the parent, spouse or child below 21 years old, of the owner of a single proprietorship business is subject to compulsory coverage.

f. Children below 15 years of age are also subject to compulsory coverage under RA 8282. A monthly report is required for submission to the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE), if a child below 15 years old is reported for SSS coverage without a working permit.

2. Coverage of Employers

a. An employer, or any person who uses the services of another person in business, trade, industry or any undertaking must be registered with the SSS.

Social, civic, professional, charitable and other non-profit organizations, which hire the services of employees, are considered "employers."

b. A foreign government, international organization or their wholly owned instrumentalities such as embassies based in the Philippines, may enter into a memorandum of agreement with the SSS on a voluntary basis, for the coverage of its Filipino employees.

PM me ur whole name & Date of Birth, tapos let's see if meron SSS contributions...

meron ako dating loan pero since na stop ako ng work di na sya nabayaran.. ngayon meron na akong work ulit what should i do para ma deduct na ulit yung utang ko sa loan ko from my current salary.

by the way yung dati kong company na pinapasukan eh di nakapag bigay ng mga remmitance ko so ano ba mga dapat kong ibigay sa HR namin para ma bawasan na nila ako ulit ng deductions from my previous loan?