Falling In Love But Not Getting Horny, Not Wanting Or Having Sex

i think when people get really comfortable, like you can take off snots from your big nose or fart everytime in the morning while heading towards the bathroom when you're with your partner...i think marraige puts on a lot of bad habits on the table, everyone's complaining about intimacy..Geeze! why would i make love to someone when his finger dipped in yucky green goo???!

• 6 months later...
If I'm not serious, I wouldnt last long without getting any meat :evil:

But if I'm serious, popoy wouldnt even be in the picture.

(Lately, I'm surprising myself that I can actually do the latter)

Sawa ka na siguro wahehe... tapos sasabihin mo seryoso ka na... peace bro!

First, are you sure it's love? It could be something else.

It could be what is called Limerence, an unpopular feeling.

Here's a distinction of love from other emotions, especially limerence:

1. Love involves concern for the other person's welfare and feeling, while limerence does not.

2. Affection and fondness exist only as a disposition towards another person, irrespective of whether those feelings are reciprocated, whereas limerence demands return.

3. Sex with the object is neither essential nor sufficient to an individual experiencing limerence, unlike one experiencing sexual attraction.

4. Limerence is much longer-lived than feelings such as crushes, infatuation, romantic passion, and puppy love, enduring for months or even years.

Check it out on Wikipedia.

I'm very much guilty of this. It's only now, after reading this, that I realized that I'm on the wrong track. I've been on it for the past three years. And within those three years I've wasted opportunities to be with someone and even to be with the girl in question. For me, this is a very dangerous state to be in.

Be warned.

4. Limerence is much longer-lived than feelings such as crushes, infatuation, romantic passion, and puppy love, enduring for months or even years. - WTF! I think I'm beginning to have some symptoms of this..

• 3 months later...

maybe for some, kinda strange un situation, pero it really happens... mostly sa chat ganon... taken na, tapos it happened na inlab or nadedevelop, but not getting horny.. indi naman sa lahat ng pagkakataon, nangingibabaw un over love..though it really necessary for any relationship, pero it comes afterwards naman eh..

• 3 weeks later...

maybe if you reach a certain level or intensity of love... i remember this story that still makes me cry when i think about it.... the guy's wife became comatose after giving birth to their first child.... he took care of his wife (still does) and the child is of school age now.... the woman was really pretty before all this and was reduced to a shell and you cannot recognize her from her old pictures.... i felt physical heartache when i was watching him feeding his wife through a tube and he was kissing her face and her hands after giving her a spongebath... such fortunate human beings to be able to experience giving and receiving that kind of attention...

hmmm, i think sex still is a big factor especially if both partners are horny. when ur doing it it's hard to pretend when u really love the person. emotions will come out, it's still the best to do it with passion.... when u say passion it comes out naturally kasi mahal mo yung tao. kaya nga tinawag na making love coz u are professing ur love to her thru sex, how can u show her what u wanna express to her kung walang sex? it's a factor that will bring u more closer to each other. :)