Boston Celtics

^^To me, the current Celtics is still an unproven team. True, they have loads of talent, a deep bench, and a masterful coach - but they, especially the starting unit, have not played together for significant amounts of minutes. I'm also interested in how Rozier and Brown, after playing big roles in last year's playoffs, adjust or react to having their minutes and usage scaled back with the return of Hayward and Kyrie. I'm also not willing to discount this early the Sixers and Raptors. The Sixers added a year of experience while Kawhi (health permitting) will be on a mission with the Raptors.

But anyway, based on your Finals prediction, in some roundabout way, maybe your comparison of the Celtics to the Fab Five may hold water after all. The Celtics (like the Fab Five) will be the first-timers going up against the veteran, champion Warriors (like Duke). Let's see if the outcome will be the same.

Unproven? I team that was one game away from the NBA Finals without two starters isn't exactly what you call unproven. Like I said, it took off nights from Rozier and Brown for the Cavs to reach the Finals. Brown is a starter so I don't think his minutes will get affected. It is Rozier's minutes that will get affected. However, Rozier is part of a second unit whose talent level is not that far off from the current starting five of the Cs, in my opinion. If the Cs starting five is a 10, the second five of Baynes, Morris, Smart, Rozier and Ojeleye is a 7.5 to 8.

Try to watch the Cs against the Ws in the past two years. The Ws always had a difficult time with the Cs even when Kyrie, Hayward and Tatum weren't around.

Edited by will robie

Yes, unproven - they haven't won anything! Do you see division or conference banners in the Boston rafters?!

https://stadiumjourney.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Celtics-banners-hanging-above-the-court-at-TD-Garden.jpg

All players have bad games, boohoo - that's part of the game. And there is no certainty they'd have won even with those 2 playing to par. Fact is they still lost or did not win or whatever you may call it.

Let's see them beat the Warriors in a series first before I'll sing praises to this team.

Yes, unproven - they haven't won anything! Do you see division or conference banners in the Boston rafters?!

https://stadiumjourney.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Celtics-banners-hanging-above-the-court-at-TD-Garden.jpg

All players have bad games, boohoo - that's part of the game. And there is no certainty they'd have won even with those 2 playing to par. Fact is they still lost or did not win or whatever you may call it.

Let's see them beat the Warriors in a series first before I'll sing praises to this team.

Unproven? A team without their two top players were one quarter away from the Finals and you call them unproven? Haha! So what about division or conference banners? We already have 17 championships which makes us the greatest franchise ever. In my opinion and I am basing this on how this team is built and the cohesion plus the brilliant coaching of Brad, number 18 is coming this year barring any injuries to the starting five.

There is no certainty you say? Logic dictates that with Kyrie and Gordon, the Cs easily dispatch the Cavs and Lechoke. I will give you a historical example. In the 2009 NBA playoffs, the Magic met the Cs in the Eastern semis. The Cs were without KG, yet, it took the Magic 7 games to dispatch Boston. When KG came back the next season against the same Magic team, the Cs breezed to a 3-0 lead before taking their feet off the gas and let the Magic win the next two games before putting away the Magic in 6. Learn from that example. It's just too bad Lechoke went to the LA Lechokers, este Lakers pala.

Edited by will robie

The Cs showed what kind of a team they are by routing the Sixers by 18 points. Five players in double figures with Tatum leading the charge. Kyrie and Hayward didn't need to score that much. That's how deep the Cs are. Marcus Morris was the second leading scorer with 16 points. No one played more than 30 minutes. So deep. So good.

Edited by will robie

yung mga moves ni Tatum apparently same moves ni MJ at Mamba..

laki ng hinayang ng Lakers hahaha

kung magiging healthy itong team at the end of the regular season... they can dethroned GSW!

obvious top contender to win the EAST Finals this season

The Lakers were enamored with Lonzo Ball. If Danny had an iota of a doubt that the Lakers were gonna take Tatum, he would not have traded for number 3.

Cs will be the beast of the east. ang lalim ng bench.

Yup, chief. This showed against the Sixers. Kyrie and Hayward weren't even the leading scorers.

Unproven? A team without their two top players were one quarter away from the Finals and you call them unproven? Haha! So what about division or conference banners? We already have 17 championships which makes us the greatest franchise ever. In my opinion and I am basing this on how this team is built and the cohesion plus the brilliant coaching of Brad, number 18 is coming this year barring any injuries to the starting five.

There is no certainty you say? Logic dictates that with Kyrie and Gordon, the Cs easily dispatch the Cavs and Lechoke. I will give you a historical example. In the 2009 NBA playoffs, the Magic met the Cs in the Eastern semis. The Cs were without KG, yet, it took the Magic 7 games to dispatch Boston. When KG came back the next season against the same Magic team, the Cs breezed to a 3-0 lead before taking their feet off the gas and let the Magic win the next two games before putting away the Magic in 6. Learn from that example. It's just too bad Lechoke went to the LA Lechokers, este Lakers pala.

Yes. What have they proven - that they can reach the conference finals?? Because that's what they've reached so far, nothing more. I fully agree - the Celtics are the greatest franchise in the NBA - and that's why there are only championship banners in the rafters. This franchise does not celebrate conference or division titles, moreso coulda, shoulda, woulda "titles". The team knows it and the true blue (or true green, as the case may be) fans know it. Oh wait, I think there's a room in the Garden where they store those titles with the requisite asterisks - i.e. '87 with McHale's broken foot, the 90's with the deaths of Bias and Lewis, etc. etc. :P

Logical it may be, but it's still conjecture. It didn't happen. What happened is they lost.

So, go get no. 18. If they can beat the Warriors, then I'll be sending my congratulations your way.

Yes. What have they proven - that they can reach the conference finals?? Because that's what they've reached so far, nothing more. I fully agree - the Celtics are the greatest franchise in the NBA - and that's why there are only championship banners in the rafters. This franchise does not celebrate conference or division titles, moreso coulda, shoulda, woulda "titles". The team knows it and the true blue (or true green, as the case may be) fans know it. Oh wait, I think there's a room in the Garden where they store those titles with the requisite asterisks - i.e. '87 with McHale's broken foot, the 90's with the deaths of Bias and Lewis, etc. etc. :P

Logical it may be, but it's still conjecture. It didn't happen. What happened is they lost.

So, go get no. 18. If they can beat the Warriors, then I'll be sending my congratulations your way.

Tell me something I dont know. Read about my historical example so you will know what i am talking about. The fact is they lost a game anybody could have won without two superstars and I an just being logical and backing it up with a historical basis. Edited by will robie

What a game for the Cs. I thought Boston was gonna lose this game after falling behind by 22 points but Irving, Brown and Morris were spectacular in the second half. Kyrie was Kyrie in this game. Morris nailed a three to send the game into overtime. I hope the Cs resign Morris Sr. next year. The guy is a starter on other teams. Brad has the luxury of having Morris Sr. as the 6th man.

Edited by will robie

What can I say? Uncle Drew was Uncle Drew tonight in Boston. He was on fire tonight in the fourth and overtime making an array of incredible shots including a left-handed, fade-away shot over Ibaka as the Cs win 123-116. I used to grudgingly fear him when he was in Cleveland because he is, in my opinion, the best shot maker in the game. Moreover, Uncle Drew had 11 assists and 3 steals. He wasn't really as focused on defense in Cleveland as he is now in Boston. Kudos also to GH as he had 15 points and 4 steals including the game-tying free throws to force overtime. GH has his legs back. This is a probable Eastern Conference Finals match-up and my Cs just gutted a win.

Edited by will robie

another loss... Kyrie is becoming a ball hog, look at the shot attempts for this game.

Yes he have 11 assist but look at his team mates shot attempts.

Brown - 4/6 (10pts)

Horford - 4/6 (10pts)

Morris - 3/8 (9pts)

Hayward - 1/6 (4pts)

Kyrie - 12/25 (27pts) - 8 3pt attemps - 27 pts in 25 attempts

Tatum- 8/15 (18pts) - 4 3pt attemps

Only 2 persons have at least 10 attempts, far cry from last season where the scoring is heavily distributed.

And most of him and Tatum shots are jumpers and 3pt attempts

Hayward and Horford each played 31mins but only 6 attempts each

Brad Stevens need to fix this quick, 1 more loss and were at 50%

• Like (+1) 1