Boston Celtics

I don't wanna rub salt on the already open wound of Lakers fans on this forum but your team has given up easily. With just under five minutes to go and the Lakers trailing by about 13 points, the savior of the Lakers, Lechoke James, was taken out by Walton. It is tank time for the Lakers. Anyway, the Celtics did what was expected of them as they toyed with the Lakers in the second half. It was a horrible shooting night for both teams from three but the margin of error of the Cs in this game was huge since they only had to contend with Lechoke James. Kyrie Irving was spectacular in this game as he gave the Staples Center crowd his own version of "Showtime". He not only scored in a variety of ways but his passing was just as awesome as he led the Cs in walloping the hapless Lakers. How about a Zion Williamson/Lebron James pairing next year, Lakers fans? :lol:

Edited by will robie

The Cs with a come from behind victory over the Kings. Down 17 points, the Cs clawed their way back behind the triple double of the best shot maker and finisher in the NBA, Uncle Drew.

I still think the Cs have a shot at the third seed.

Edited by will robie

Cs with back to back wins over the Heat. GH seems to be peaking at the right time. He was ultra aggressive against the Heat as the attempted 14 free throws against the zone-loving Heat. He led 5 players in double figures which included Irving and Horford. The Cs should sweep the remaining three games to finish at 50-32.

The Cs masterfully handled the Pacers, 117-97, and have home-court advantage locked up in the event of a tie at the end of the regular season. The last two games are the Magic and the Wiz and I expect the Cs to win against these two teams with the way they are playing right now. GH is peaking at the right time as he scored 21 points on 9-9 shooting and 3-3 free-throw shooting. GH may not have been perfect for most of the season but tonight, he was Mr. Perfect. He has been ultra aggressive lately in driving to the hoop. A Boston team without GH is good enough to make the NBA Finals. A Boston team with a peak GH is more than enough to win a championship. In this game, the Cs had 6 players in double figures.

The starting frontcourt of Baynes-Horford-Tatum has been doing wonders for the Cs these past few games. I expect Brad to have the same starting frontcourt against the Pacers in the first round and moreso against the Bucks with Ante and Lopez as the starters for the Bucks. The Cs need Baynes to counter the physicality of Antetekounmpo.

I'd love to see the Celtics beat up on Leonard and the Craptors in the ECF.

Edited by will robie

Now that the Cs have homecourt advantage in the first round of the playoffs, Brad will rest the Cs starters for the Wiz game. Smart and Tatum had injuries against the Magic. I expect the Cs to breeze through this series against the Pacers.

I bet a troll with a plethora of alternicks and one of its alternicks is the starter of the Lakers thread will troll this thread in the playoffs, especially, when the Cs lose games or if the Cs lose a series. It does not know anything about basketball. The troll is a will robie hater and really does not care if the Cs win or lose. :lol:

Edited by will robie

Sa first round home court advantage nila. Boston in 5 or 6 vs Pacers pero sa second round vs Bucks na may homecourt advantage throughout the playoffs, tapos 2-1 in favor of Bucks sa regular season head to head match up nila. Advantage ang Bucks sa second round.

In two of those wins by the Bucks against the Cs, either Al Horford or Gordon Hayward was injured. Having home-court advantage and winning the season series don't guarantee a playoff series win.

In other playoff matchups, I am hoping a Pistons-Raptors playoff tiff. Dwayne Casey seems to have a mastery of the Raptors with three wins in three games against the Raptors. Like I said, a season series win does not guarantee a playoff series win but Casey coached the Raptors and he has intimate knowledge of the strengths, weaknesses and tendencies of the Raptors players. I believe he knows how to beat them and if this playoff pairing comes into fruition, I am not betting against the Pistons.

Edited by will robie

The Cs go up 3-0 against the gritty Pacers with another hard-fought victory, 102-94. In this game, the Pacers slowed down Kyrie for three quarters but Jaylen took up the cudgels. In the 4th quarter, Kyrie and Al carried the Cs through. For the first time in the series, a team has reached a hundred. I have to give it to the Pacers. They fought tooth and nail but the Cs were just too deep and too good.

The Cs win Game 1 in the Garden. Mook and Kyrie led the way. This is the kind of win that builds character and the Celtics proved that they can win an ugly one with this win.

fifteen to go

The Cs are up now 2-0 after winning a come-from-behind game in the Garden. Kyrie Irving was his usual self, scoring 37 points. Tatum and GH were the only other Celtics to score in double figures but it was enough for the win, 99-91.

fourteen to go.

The Cs go up 3-0 against the gritty Pacers with another hard-fought victory, 102-94. In this game, the Pacers slowed down Kyrie for three quarters but Jaylen took up the cudgels. In the 4th quarter, Kyrie and Al carried the Cs through. For the first time in the series, a team has reached a hundred. I have to give it to the Pacers. They fought tooth and nail but the Cs were just too deep and too good.

thirteen to go.

Cs are the first team to advance to the second round after sweeping the Pacers. The Celtics had 7 players in double figures led by GH's 20 points. Horford and Irving struggled to shoot the ball but the depth of the Celtics carried them through. The Cs will have a couple of days rest before facing the winner of the Bucks-Pistons face off.

Edited by will robie

Mga boss what do you think of the matchup of Celtics-Bucks. Will be putting my money on Boston since gusto ng mga kapustahan ko tumaya sa Bucks. Haha

The Bucks have a great physical player in Ante. However, I don't think they have the depth to match up with the Celtics. Moreover, the Cs have a lot of bodies to throw at Ante: Ojeleye, Horford, Baynes, and Hayward. The Bucks were a juggernaut in the regular season but so were the 2014-2015 Hawks who got swept by Lechoke and the Cavs in the ECF. The point being is the regular season is not a basis to judge how the team will perform in the playoffs. Do you remember the 2006-2007 Mavericks? They were favored to win the championship that year after finishing 67-15 in the regular season. They lost to the Ws in the first round as Don Nelson, who once coached the Mavs, employed a small-ball offense that befuddled Dirk and the Mavs. The playoffs is about how well you can exploit mismatches and how you take advantage of your opponent's weaknesses.

Edited by will robie

The Bucks have a great physical player in Ante. However, I don't think they have the depth to match up with the Celtics. Moreover, the Cs have a lot of bodies to throw at Ante: Ojeleye, Horford, Baynes, and Hayward. The Bucks were a juggernaut in the regular season but so were the 2014-2015 Hawks who got swept by Lechoke and the Cavs in the ECF. The point being is the regular season is not a basis to judge how the team will perform in the playoffs. Do you remember the 2006-2007 Mavericks? They were favored to win the championship that year after finishing 67-15 in the regular season. They lost to the Ws in the first round as Don Nelson, who once coached the Mavs, employed a small-ball offense that befuddled Dirk and the Mavs. The playoffs is about how well you can exploit mismatches and how you take advantage of your opponent's weaknesses.

Well said...cant wait for Round 2...