dear noynoy,

this is fukcing childish.... blaming the past administration for you incompetence to handle the hostage crisis!!!

Arroyo gov’t also to blame for hostage-taking crisis—Palace

By Christine O. Avendaño

Philippine Daily Inquirer

First Posted 10:58:00 08/26/2010

MANILA, Philippines – Malacañang indicated on Thursday that the administration of former president Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo was also to blame for the bloody end of Monday’s hostage-taking drama at Rizal Park in Manila.

"I would like to point out that the administration of Benigno Aquino III is just 55 days old while Arroyo's administration lasted for nine years. We just inherited the state of the Philippine National Police,'' Secretary Herminio Coloma of the Palace communications and operations office told the ABS-CBN morning news program "Umagang Kay Ganda.''

"The previous administration should also answer for what they did [for the police]. Did they provide enough funds for the modernization of the PNP or did it waste funds for cases like the euro-generals and other corruption cases?'' Coloma also said.

He said there was a need to uncover the truth on this thing "as this will serve as guide for us to enhance the capability of our police forces.''

Coloma made the statements after he pointed out that one of the significant findings in the aftermath of the bus siege drama was the lack of capability and lack of preparations of the SWAT and Special Action Forces which he also said was also a result of the "limitation of the situation.''

It was the first time that the Palace sought to blame the previous administration for the bloody end of the 11-hour standoff that claimed the lives of eight Hong Kong tourists and the hostage-taker, dismissed Senior Inspector Rolando Mendoza.

ask yourself noynoy, you were some 5 kilometers from the site, and what did you do? hide under your bed (like your mama)? not answer the call from HK? not order the PNP to give-in to the demand (and not honor it later)?

and now you are blaming the gma admin? that is stupid.

i am starting to regret supporting you last elections.

Dear Abnoy,

Sonny Coloma denied that Malacanang received a call from Chief Executive Donald Tsang.

How is it that according to Ricky Carandang , Mr. Tsang did called up at 5pm of Monday

when you were in a meeting?

Putang inang mga tao mo, in time of crisis, nagkakabuhol-buhol magsinungaling. Madali

tuloy mabisto ang mga katangahan nila. Pati si Robredo, sinisi din ang past admistration

sa Senate hearing kanina. Nasupalpal tuloy ni Senator Ungoy, as in "are you implying that

this hostage crisis is a handy work of the previous administration". hahaha...

If you cannot handle crisis at puro lang kayo papogi, you better resign now as this country

is plagued by crisis, every now & then. If you cannot take the heat, get out of the fire,

Mr. President before your boses fire you!

dear noy

magtiis ka na lang sa pwesto mo, you know our country men; they act likes crabs or hurl stones at you in everything that you do. everyone is to blame on what actually happened on that bloody Monday hostage taking. blame the cops for their incompetence, blame the mirons for their ignorance and stupidity. blame the media for their too much "freedom", blame your stupid staff for being a-holes at their jobs. and blame yourself for hiring your staff. i do agree on some of your idea's regarding blaming the past administration for the incompetence of your cops, if arroyo is still our president and that happens she would also blame the past administration. and your administration is just new. the road to change is long and hard so for those who go with the flow and blame everything at you p-noy.

ganyan talaga ang pinoy. puro na lang salita. wala man lang ginagawa... sheesh

dear noy,

instead of blaming the past admin, why not imitate the good traits of gloria... like being tough and decisive in handling crisis.

of course, you are to be blamed. here is a problem of international proportion. we are dealing here of tourist (guests of our country) being placed in danger, and where were you, hiding (especially from the chief executive of HK)?

there are times when your personal touch, as the country's leader, is needed. your inaction has wounded our ties with HK. your lack of decisiveness is a clear indication that you are not yet ripe for the job that you are holding on right now.

hey abnoy,

why don't you attend one of those pr seminars you make your cabinet secretaries go to?

smiling like an idiot while visiting a place where people just died? i got an e-mail from a singaporean colleague, asking if this was one of those tasteless pictures where people pose next to the site of a disaster (too many of our countrymen posted pictures like those online, adding salt to the wounds of HK people)

i actually tried to defend you. i started to explain that you were smiling because you found the situation "absurd" ... then i stopped. i realized that your explanation might actually come off as more sick and offensive.

absurd? the correct adjective is tragic: and walking around, smiling, in a place where a tragedy occured is the height of callousness

dear nonoy,

hindi ka po kahapon lang naging pangulo. Lagpas ka ng isang buwan, Siguro naman sa ganun kahaba madami kang magagawa para iayos pati ang mga nakapaligid sau.

sana ihinto mo na ang pagtuturo ng sisi sa iba, kasi ang tawag dun palusot ang ibig sabihin ayaw tumanggap ng mali.

may oras pa, madali namang makalimot ang mga tao. daming loyal sayo na walang balak pansinin ang mali mo, tulad ng naunang unano sau. Kaya swerte ka pa rin.

dear Pnoy,

i am quite sure you wont read this nor even know about MTC, even if it is advertised, supposedly, as a gathering of 'intellectuals'....haha (ironic laugh)...

most of those here at MTC who claimed they voted for you are now your worst critics...mabuti pa yong hindi bumoto sa iyo, at least we know they did NOT, and we should respect them for their choice...but how could you explain yung supporter, kuno, na ipinagmamalaking ibinoto ka tapos kung makapagsulat dito eh parang kampon ni gma ?...parang si benedict arnold yata, ano ? definitely, loyalty, is NOT part of their personality...

so, beware...about those who shout to the world that they are your supporter/friends....

if you have friends like them...who needs enemies ?

there are many obstacles and minefields that GMA planted before she left the office she stole from erap and fpj...mag ingat ka...

stick to your principles...it will take your WHOLE (six years) presidential term to make things right...for us the nation to believe in our institutions again after 12 years of erap and gma...

may God help you...

and our beloved country...

noynoy,

like i said before.... not because i supported you last elections, you have my blind obedience and loyalty.... i am not your lapdog, and i wont act like a die-hard fan who will dismiss wrongdoings just because i voted for you.....

my loyalty is on the constitution and the laws of the land..... and not on who is sitting in malacanang.... when i see something wrong, expect my criticism..... but rest assured that when i see something good, i will be defending you.... again, i base my opinions on the laws, and not who the president is..... that is what an intellectual is for me..... unlike those who will support you just because you are noynoy, or maybe because you are kris' sister :lol:

and by the way... i am not your friend, i am one of your constituents.... i am not delusional enough to claim to be your friend.

Edited by jopoc

noynoy,

like i said before.... not because i supported you last elections, you have my blind obedience and loyalty.... i am not your lapdog, and i wont act like a die-hard fan who will dismiss wrongdoings just because i voted for you.....

my loyalty is on the constitution and the laws of the land..... and not on who is sitting in malacanang.... when i see something wrong, expect my criticism..... but rest assured that when i see something good, i will be defending you.... again, i base my opinions on the laws, and not who the president is..... that is what an intellectual is for me..... unlike those who will support you just because you are noynoy, or maybe because you are kris' sister :lol:

and by the way... i am not your friend, i am one of your constituents.... i am not delusional enough to claim to be your friend.

And you're The Boss!

Dear ABNoy,

Ano na nagawa mong pagbabago na ipinangako mo nung kampanya, halos 2 buwan ka na dyan sa pwesto, wala ka pang nagawang matino, kundi puro kapalpakan, ngayon dito sa nangyaring hostage taking na ikinapahiya ng bansa natin sa buong mundo ano na ang mga hakbang na gagawin mo para maisa-ayos ito? HULAAN KO: WALA! dahil mapurol yang utak mo t@ngn@mo! asan na yung magagaling mong adviser na sina MAR ROXAS AT BUTCH ABAD?! bwakanginamoka, ngayon pa lang PINAPAKITA MO NA NA GANUN DIN ANG GAGAWIN MO BILANG PRESIDENTE KUNG ANO ANG GINAWA MO NUNG IKAW AY SENADOR AT KONGRESMAN, ANG UMUPO SA KANGKUNGAN! FAWKINGINAMO!

P.S: yung mga bumoto sayo na member ng MTC, naalala nyo ba yung usapan natin dati?! ano magsisimula na ba akong murahin kayo isa-isa gaya ng napagkasunduan natin?! pweh!

Edited by Sl@MDuNk_Mitsui14

Hahaha.... ang saya saya ng mga kontra PNoy dahil sa nangyari. PIYESTA ang mga mokong. Hoy, kung hindi kayo nakakaintindi, hindi lang problema ni Noynoy ito. Problema ng buong Pinas. Pero sige, dahil sa sobrang babaw ng pag iisip nyo, ituloy nyo yang pinag gagawa nyo ng tuluyang LUMUBOG na tayong lahat. Para happy na kayo.

-----------

Remember too, it would have been too easy to lump all the blame on GLORIA when the Maguindanao massacre happened (and it was so close to the elections). I didn't do it. None of the then opposition candidates did it. Why? Oh it is not something I can even hope you people would understand. Sige tuloy nyo ang banat. Pakaligaya kayo. Pag sumadsad na sa 100 ang piso kontra dolyar, happing hapi na siguro kayo.

Hahaha.... ang saya saya ng mga kontra PNoy dahil sa nangyari. PIYESTA ang mga mokong. Hoy, kung hindi kayo nakakaintindi, hindi lang problema ni Noynoy ito. Problema ng buong Pinas. Pero sige, dahil sa sobrang babaw ng pag iisip nyo, ituloy nyo yang pinag gagawa nyo ng tuluyang LUMUBOG na tayong lahat. Para happy na kayo.

-----------

Remember too, it would have been too easy to lump all the blame on GLORIA when the Maguindanao massacre happened (and it was so close to the elections). I didn't do it. None of the then opposition candidates did it. Why? Oh it is not something I can even hope you people would understand. Sige tuloy nyo ang banat. Pakaligaya kayo. Pag sumadsad na sa 100 ang piso kontra dolyar, happing hapi na siguro kayo.

Not happy. Not partying. Not saying we told you so. I think some of the criticism hurled at the president was unfair, such as his smiling too much during the midnight delivery of his official statement and during his inspection of the bus that same night. It was a bit odd to read so many netizens' violent comments while criticizing the bloody denouement to the hostage crisis. I don't think he meant to come across as insensitive. There are many other things that deserved much criticism but there is absolutely no reason to feel smug.

Though I have been opposed to many of your statements during the campaign period, I did not feel any kind of glib satisfaction upon seeing last Monday's events unfold. And when the president was addressing the nation, however much I would've preferred someone else in his place, I wanted so badly for him to say and do the right thing. I prayed and hoped he would restore a little confidence in our capacity to do good.

Attacking each other in knee-jerk reactions every time a criticism is lobbed at the president is pretty pointless. And, okay, maybe that's what we all enjoy - making fun of each other, in a forum. But if we could separate the wheat from the chaff in some of these posts - separate the hate from useful ideas - maybe we'd get somewhere.

----------

As for holding back criticism after the Maguindanao massacre...I distinctly remember replying to several accusations that Gibo (by extension, GMA) was to blame for that. Saying that parallel accusations to the previous posters' comments did not exist is inaccurate. You can disagree with the argument or the motive for making the argument, but you can't say similar attacks were never made before. As if politicians are ever magnanimous when their opponents are in weak positions. Now that's hilarious.

----------

While an exchange rate of P100=$1 may personally be great, it would obviously come at great cost to the country, a cost which would eventually trickle down to me & you. You don't seriously think people really want that do you? So I'm assuming you're just being facetious here for effect ;)

Fun.

Edited by dungeonbaby

Maguindanao massacre was a bit different from what happened with the hostage taking situation.

Maguindanao massacre:

1) Was local/internal

2) Ampatuan was already a powerful clan which can single-handedly twist things to go their way

Hostage situation:

1) Was international, since it involved tourists from another country

2) Mendoza was a lone mentally and emotionally unstable guy.

Pero I want to be clear na I was close to blaming (still nanggigilait actually) GMA for the Maguindanao case. She didn't exactly put a finger there to provide justice for our slain brothers/sisters.

Dear Noy.

I just read that Kris was made "ambassador for dengue prevention" whatever that means. I'll just let it hang there. I still don't know what to make of it.

But making an "elite strike force" when we already have SAF etal etal? Why not just make sure the fundings that should be for our existing units be made sure that they're being used properly? I'm very sure your staff is quite capable of this given that they are quick to point out reasons for deficits caused by the past administration.

Dear Noy.

I just read that Kris was made "ambassador for dengue prevention" whatever that means. I'll just let it hang there. I still don't know what to make of it.

But making an "elite strike force" when we already have SAF etal etal? Why not just make sure the fundings that should be for our existing units be made sure that they're being used properly? I'm very sure your staff is quite capable of this given that they are quick to point out reasons for deficits caused by the past administration.

Dear ABNoy,

Kaninong "magaling" na adviser mo na naman nakuha yang ideya ng "strike force for hostage taking incidents" aber?! row 4 na row 4 yung mga ideya mo bwiset ka! anong ginagawa ng SAF at SWAT natin? at saan mo naman kukunin ang pondo para dyan? fund diversion na naman yan binabalak mo Bano! Andyan na nga ang SAF at SWAT natin na capable naman sana GIVEN THE PROPER TRAINING, RESOURCES AND LEADERSHIP which is THE MOST IMPORTANT at syempre kung magaling din yung DILG secretary na in-assign mo sa pwesto na may malaking partisipasyon pagdating sa mga ganyang klaseng insidente. puro katangahan yang mga pinaggagawa mo sa palasyo kasing bobo ka ng mga taong bumoto sayo sa pwesto pweh!

BTW, pagdating dun sa utol mong si Kristeta as "Dengue Prevention Ambassador" eto lang masasabi ko: wahahah LMFAO!!

-----------

Hoy, Noy:

Tingnan mo etong isang 'to. Sinasabi na nga namin dati pa na wag ka nang iboto dahil baka manalo ka at dalhin mo kami lahat sa kangkungan.

Ngayong nanalo ka na, sasabihin, di lang sa yo ang problema; dapat dalhin ng lahat, at pag di namin naintindihan, toloy tuloy tayong lulubog.

WTF, Noy? Ano gusto nyang sabihin, ipagpuri at ipagpunyagi natin ang kapalpakan ng mga amateur mong alipores? Gusto ng mga apologists mo, maging tulad din kami nila na bulag, pipi, at bingi sa mga katangahan at pagka-inutil ng gobyerno mo? Na maging mapanisi kay GMA pero wag sa 'yo?

Maswerte ka pa rin, Noy, dahil sabi ng SWS mo, 85% daw ng Pilipino, nagoyo mo at bilib pa rin sa yo. Ewan ko lang next month.

So hangga't mataas pa ang popularity rating mo, gumawa ka naman ng tama.

Di ka na puedeng magtago sa sinasabi mong kasalanan ng dating administrasyon. You're the man, now.

Got this from anotther website:

Noynoy,

When you were inaugurated as my country's president, you said:

KAYO PO ANG BOSS KO. (You are my boss.)

With barely three months in service, you have showed me a very dismal performance. I am disappointed.

I never liked you. I never wanted you to become president. In fact, to vote for you never became a choice. But what is more hateful at this point is that you are giving me all the reasons why I should not regret not liking you, not wanting you to become president, and not voting for you.

Personally, I do not think that I should expect a lot from you since you do not owe me a vote. And hence you can count my criticism and satisfaction as dispensable. But how about the 15 million others? Are theirs as dispensable as mine?

I have a lot of questions. And as your boss, I demand you to answer them. No smirking and no stupid excuses. Just clear-cut answers.

ON YOUR [iN]CAPABILITY

Why did you not save that bus full of innocent lives when you have all the power in your disposition to do so? Where were your high officials who could have dealt with the situation, if you think you could not? You have served the Committee of Public Order and Safety during the time you were in Congress. [Did you even serve it at all?] Then why did I not see neither public order nor safety last Monday?

Why did you not censor the media when you thought in the first place that it needs control? Press freedom, I get that. Eight innocent lives, how do you actually explain?

ON YOUR [AB/PRE]SENCE

Where were you? If you say you were in a closed-door meeting, why did you take so long? If that meeting was really about the situation, why did it still end in that tragic accident? While your presence does not necessarily guarantee the resolution of the ordeal, your absence was definitely no help either, if it had not made the matters worse.

But whether your presence could have made the matter the same or better, one point is clear. Your participation in that drama could have made a different ending. Possibly even better.

ON YOUR INDIFFERENCE

Why did you let the rampage result in a bloodbath of 8 Chinese nationals? Are they dispensable to you because you did not get votes from them? Which puts me into thinking, if you can live not giving the good service deserved of those who voted for you, all the more can you ignore those who did not. So can you definitely ignore those who never will.

When you were inaugurated, together with 80 other countries, China’s delegation was be led by National People’s Congress Vice Chairman Yan Junqi. Now tell me, can you still say that you were worthy of attention? If you have been indifferent to a country as big as China, how about the 80 others?

ON YOUR [iN]ACTION

Why did you not take HK CE Donald Tsang's call? What is too difficult in answering a mobile phone and saying "Hey you're people are held hostages in a bus and are about to die but I think it is not until I let my incompetent policemen storm it so you can sit back, relax, and let the rampage unfold in your TV screen, REAL-TIME." Or at the very least, what is too difficult in ordering one of your pawns in your chessboard to send the message across? Not having to wait for them to find out from your nosy media men who reported things blow-by-blow and who, if any, share the blame.

At close to midnight, you acted. You showed yourself in front of the whole Philippines and the world and excused your incapable police. Lack of guns. Lack of tactics. But you did not admit your lack of action. On August 24, you declared the next day [August 25] as National Day of Mourning. Why only then? Because HK had already done theirs? To show that "at least" we did?

ON YOUR AFOOLOGY

You said you were sorry for what have happened. But what made the matter resort to the worst scenario in the first place? Was it not partly your fatal incapability to delegate your people and employ your powers as president? With some smirks, one and two, you said that you are sorry for what happened. But where was sincerity? Did it hide behind your smiles? Because it was never heard in your messages. Not even in your actions.

You made yourself look like a fool in public. You made your people look like fools. Now we are the laughing stock of the world. They have called us monkeys, they have called us subservient dogs. But all you do is to give them reasons to continue doing so. All you do is to prove them that by being a president, we really are but monkeys and subservient dogs.

When I was in the university, I came to know who Plato is. Do you know him? Did you know him? He said:

Justice means keeping a just order. Everybody should do what he does best and stay out of everybody else’s business. If every citizen does what he is assigned to do, not because he is ordered to do it, but because he enjoys doing it, justice will reign. Citizens won’t harm each other and the state will flourish because, on the one hand, justice leads to harmony and unity, while injustice, on the other hand, leads to sedition and revolution.

Have you been giving us the justice that we deserve? Are you doing what you do best and staying out of everybody else's business? Are you doing your job as a president not because you are ordered to do it but because you enjoy doing it? If so, then why are people harming each other and the state is not flourishing? Why is there no justice and unity? Are we leading to sedition and revolution?

Do not get me wrong. I love you as a person (read: I love all persons) because I have been taught to love and not to hate. But to love you as a president is something that is difficult for me to do. I love you as a person so I want you to do something that you do best, something that you will enjoy doing. And being president, it seems, is not what it is.

Do not get me wrong. I love my country (read: I love all countries) because I have been taught to love my family and my neighbors. But to love my country with you heading it is something that is difficult for me to do. I love my country that is why I am doing this, I am saving it at least its face if there is even something left for me to save. I am starting to fear that the day might come when the only reason why I love my country is because this is my country and nothing else.

When you were elected, let me just remind you, you embodied hope. With and from the 7,107 islands of this archipelago, you embodied unity. And that is why 15 million voted for you. Have they voted wrongly? Or have the 20 million others who did not choose you voted rightly? Only you can say. But we need not another word from you, we need a lot of [pragmatic] actions.

My last request: Use your position wisely. With that, I mean you should do action equipped with the deepest understanding of things. It is because when you do not understand what you are doing that things go astray. If you have to take extra time for that, then do so. Why should not you? You are the person tasked to do that. As how we have expected the policemen to do police work because that is what they have been assigned to do.

Let not our 7,107 islands remain a mere archipelagic territory they call monkey country. Make it a human nation. Let not our 90 million citizens remain subservient citizens. Make them proud and dignified nationals.

Never settle for what is "least" and never excuse yourself by saying "we cannot do anything anymore". A lot of us are already contemplating on our being Filipino. Please be reminded that in order for us to live, we need not only the basic food, clothing, shelter, and water. We also need our dignity and sense of being people. Unite us. After all, that was the only thing that I know you promised to do.

I never liked you. I never wanted you to become president. In fact, to vote for you never became a choice. But please, prove me, and 20 million others, wrong. Why? Kasi KAMI ANG BOSS MO (We are your boss).

Edited by Mike Chester

Got this from anotther website:

Noynoy,

When you were inaugurated as my country's president, you said:

KAYO PO ANG BOSS KO. (You are my boss.)

With barely three months in service, you have showed me a very dismal performance. I am disappointed.

I never liked you. I never wanted you to become president. In fact, to vote for you never became a choice. But what is more hateful at this point is that you are giving me all the reasons why I should not regret not liking you, not wanting you to become president, and not voting for you.

Personally, I do not think that I should expect a lot from you since you do not owe me a vote. And hence you can count my criticism and satisfaction as dispensable. But how about the 15 million others? Are theirs as dispensable as mine?

I have a lot of questions. And as your boss, I demand you to answer them. No smirking and no stupid excuses. Just clear-cut answers.

ON YOUR [iN]CAPABILITY

Why did you not save that bus full of innocent lives when you have all the power in your disposition to do so? Where were your high officials who could have dealt with the situation, if you think you could not? You have served the Committee of Public Order and Safety during the time you were in Congress. [Did you even serve it at all?] Then why did I not see neither public order nor safety last Monday?

Why did you not censor the media when you thought in the first place that it needs control? Press freedom, I get that. Eight innocent lives, how do you actually explain?

ON YOUR [AB/PRE]SENCE

Where were you? If you say you were in a closed-door meeting, why did you take so long? If that meeting was really about the situation, why did it still end in that tragic accident? While your presence does not necessarily guarantee the resolution of the ordeal, your absence was definitely no help either, if it had not made the matters worse.

But whether your presence could have made the matter the same or better, one point is clear. Your participation in that drama could have made a different ending. Possibly even better.

ON YOUR INDIFFERENCE

Why did you let the rampage result in a bloodbath of 8 Chinese nationals? Are they dispensable to you because you did not get votes from them? Which puts me into thinking, if you can live not giving the good service deserved of those who voted for you, all the more can you ignore those who did not. So can you definitely ignore those who never will.

When you were inaugurated, together with 80 other countries, China’s delegation was be led by National People’s Congress Vice Chairman Yan Junqi. Now tell me, can you still say that you were worthy of attention? If you have been indifferent to a country as big as China, how about the 80 others?

ON YOUR [iN]ACTION

Why did you not take HK CE Donald Tsang's call? What is too difficult in answering a mobile phone and saying "Hey you're people are held hostages in a bus and are about to die but I think it is not until I let my incompetent policemen storm it so you can sit back, relax, and let the rampage unfold in your TV screen, REAL-TIME." Or at the very least, what is too difficult in ordering one of your pawns in your chessboard to send the message across? Not having to wait for them to find out from your nosy media men who reported things blow-by-blow and who, if any, share the blame.

At close to midnight, you acted. You showed yourself in front of the whole Philippines and the world and excused your incapable police. Lack of guns. Lack of tactics. But you did not admit your lack of action. On August 24, you declared the next day [August 25] as National Day of Mourning. Why only then? Because HK had already done theirs? To show that "at least" we did?

ON YOUR AFOOLOGY

You said you were sorry for what have happened. But what made the matter resort to the worst scenario in the first place? Was it not partly your fatal incapability to delegate your people and employ your powers as president? With some smirks, one and two, you said that you are sorry for what happened. But where was sincerity? Did it hide behind your smiles? Because it was never heard in your messages. Not even in your actions.

You made yourself look like a fool in public. You made your people look like fools. Now we are the laughing stock of the world. They have called us monkeys, they have called us subservient dogs. But all you do is to give them reasons to continue doing so. All you do is to prove them that by being a president, we really are but monkeys and subservient dogs.

When I was in the university, I came to know who Plato is. Do you know him? Did you know him? He said:

Justice means keeping a just order. Everybody should do what he does best and stay out of everybody else’s business. If every citizen does what he is assigned to do, not because he is ordered to do it, but because he enjoys doing it, justice will reign. Citizens won’t harm each other and the state will flourish because, on the one hand, justice leads to harmony and unity, while injustice, on the other hand, leads to sedition and revolution.

Have you been giving us the justice that we deserve? Are you doing what you do best and staying out of everybody else's business? Are you doing your job as a president not because you are ordered to do it but because you enjoy doing it? If so, then why are people harming each other and the state is not flourishing? Why is there no justice and unity? Are we leading to sedition and revolution?

Do not get me wrong. I love you as a person (read: I love all persons) because I have been taught to love and not to hate. But to love you as a president is something that is difficult for me to do. I love you as a person so I want you to do something that you do best, something that you will enjoy doing. And being president, it seems, is not what it is.

Do not get me wrong. I love my country (read: I love all countries) because I have been taught to love my family and my neighbors. But to love my country with you heading it is something that is difficult for me to do. I love my country that is why I am doing this, I am saving it at least its face if there is even something left for me to save. I am starting to fear that the day might come when the only reason why I love my country is because this is my country and nothing else.

When you were elected, let me just remind you, you embodied hope. With and from the 7,107 islands of this archipelago, you embodied unity. And that is why 15 million voted for you. Have they voted wrongly? Or have the 20 million others who did not choose you voted rightly? Only you can say. But we need not another word from you, we need a lot of [pragmatic] actions.

My last request: Use your position wisely. With that, I mean you should do action equipped with the deepest understanding of things. It is because when you do not understand what you are doing that things go astray. If you have to take extra time for that, then do so. Why should not you? You are the person tasked to do that. As how we have expected the policemen to do police work because that is what they have been assigned to do.

Let not our 7,107 islands remain a mere archipelagic territory they call monkey country. Make it a human nation. Let not our 90 million citizens remain subservient citizens. Make them proud and dignified nationals.

Never settle for what is "least" and never excuse yourself by saying "we cannot do anything anymore". A lot of us are already contemplating on our being Filipino. Please be reminded that in order for us to live, we need not only the basic food, clothing, shelter, and water. We also need our dignity and sense of being people. Unite us. After all, that was the only thing that I know you promised to do.

I never liked you. I never wanted you to become president. In fact, to vote for you never became a choice. But please, prove me, and 20 million others, wrong. Why? Kasi KAMI ANG BOSS MO (We are your boss).

Hoy, Noy!

I wish I could be as articulate as that. The message above is exactly how I feel about your weak leadership. And how those who did not vote for you feels.

Can you please translate it to tagalog and give to skitz?

dear Pnoy,

80% of the nation have your back...so please continue with leading us to a better future...we know it's not going to be easy...after 9 years of gma and 3 years of erap - both of whom have fundamentally ruined all our institutions...also, our ethics and morals...

it is unfortunate that most of the 20% of those who do NOT support you are MTC posters...do NOT read or even listen to them...they are those whose candidates lost in the last elections and are, until now, are sour graping...heto rin yung mga nakinabang sa dating administrasyon...so do NOT expect them to join our drive towards a better philippines...these gma fans are like the apo ferdie fans of yore - hoping that like the marcoses, they will, sometime in the future, get back into power, greed and impunity...they had their chance for 12 years...look at what they are trying to do - blame everything on you even if you have been LESS THAN 2 months on the job...they are sooooo scared that you'll do a good job and that their future will turn to oblivion...kaya, lahat ng gagawin mo, whether good or bad, to their point of view will always be palpak...they will always be anti-Pnoy...

democracy is based on the good and well being of the majority...80% is a BIG majority...do good on your job...forget about the 20%...most of them do NOT make sense ...they do NOT know how to lose and lose graciously...mga walang sense of nationalism - they would rather sow hatred and divide the country because that's the only way they can work their way back to power, graft and corruption...they do NOT care about the poor and the needy...they only care about themselves...We do NOT need them to grow as a nation...these are the same people who ran the country to the ground the last 12 years and now blame you for what they have done....

slowly but surely lead us to peace and prosperity...the 20% will try to block us at every opportunity...but we should show resolve...and plod on...after a dozen years of waiting, we have our chance to prove that we can work together and create a strong and prosperous nation where there is justice for the poor and peace for those who seek it...

good luck to us, the 80%...

Dear Noynoy,

Maybe the bungling of the hostage crisis was the fault of your police force but for Christ's sake, you could have handled the aftermath of the crisis differently.......When you went to witness for yourself the crime scene, you could have at least acted like you were pissed or at least sad about what happened....Maybe showing a little bit of anger might have appeased the people from Hong Kong if not alleviated their anger and their grief a bit.....You could learn a thing or two about acting from your younger sister Kris........Smiling or smirking is a universal expression of happiness or joy........What planet are you from???? That's not even a learned response it's genetically programmed in all of us even babies know when to smile and when to cry....so you tell people you smile when you're under stress or agitated......people won't understand that.....Like I said, maybe you don't care or couldn't care less about what happened to the poor tourists but you could have just acted for the sake of foreign relations......and not taking the call from the chief executive of Hong Kong Donald Tsang???? Come on!! You expect people to believe that your staffs didn't tell you that the Chief Executive callled??? If that were the case or If I were in your shoes and Donald Tsang called me at the height of the crisis situation and my staff didn't notify me, I'll put their asses on the fryer and fire them all.......He is the chief executive of another country for crying our loud and his countrymen are taken for hostages in your country...Shouldn't you at least take his call and reassure him that your police are on top of the situation....Boy!! You've got a lot to learn about foreign relations.....I'd also fire the commander of the troops handling the hostage crisis for gross incompetence.....They had several chances to end the hostage crisis earlier in the day....For crying out loud, a photograph of Mendoza was taken with him standing right by the door of the bus with the bus door fully open in plain sight...The snipers could have been given orders right there and them to shoot him...What were they waiting for??? For Mendoza to have a bulls eye painted on his head or his chest???? There were also several times when people were allowed to go near the bus at arm's length away from Mendoza with his hands not holding his gun......and it wasn't only one person that was allowed to go near the bus at arm's reach only away from Mendoza.....If I recall correctly, there were two of them....Two people could have easily pulled him down and subdue him......He was not a big guy by any measure and he is no physical specimen either.....If he was as big as Shaq maybe I would think twice about pulling off such a stunt.......Again??? What were the police waiting for???? When he decided to take the hostage taker, he should already be considered a criminal...and he doesn't deserve the leniency of the law....The police should have tried to subdue or immobilize him when they had the chance.......Lastly, I'd fire the brother of the hostage taker right away.....What right does he have to tell Mendoza not to give up not unless his gun was returned to him???? The hostage taker makes demands not him....and as a policeman, he should be a model of composure and masculinity....He sat on the floor and whined like a big fat spoiled child throwing a temper tantrum and it that footage of him doing that was seen all over the world....and please spare me the human right bullshit of the hostage taker.....Mendoza is a dangerous mentally unstable criminal carrying a high powered rifle and holding several foreign nationals hostage.....The ground commanders should have been more decisive and steadfast in their reaction.....It's not as though they didn't have a chance or they weren't given a clear shot...He should have been dealt with swiftly.....

Edited by rockyrambo

Pnoy,

I thought you would go through your first 100 days unscathed but because of this mishandling of the HK tourists, I believe that honeymoon days are over.

It's ok to rely on advices but when you find yourself confronting a very important issue - please make yourself accessible, please be more decisive, and stop blaming the past. The ball is in your hands now so have the balls to act decisively and if you have to fire incompetent people in your admin, please do not hesitate to do so.

Your communications group looks like a 3 headed monster that do not communicate among themselves. They are also largely responsible for the fiasco because they should have handled better the communication lines between you and HK's Tsang. Even if there were protocol to be followed, this group should have taken the initiative to make yourself accessible to Hk's Tsang.

enough of the palusot and b.s.!!!