Pacquiao-Mayweather: “It’s going to happen”

grayle

My score card is quite similar to Feldman's except that I gave rounds 2 and 3 to Pacman. Are you agreeing with Moretti's scoring?

I had it 116-112, yun unang panood 115-113. So Obviously I do not agree with Moretti. Pero yung isa sa skysports pareho scoring kay Moretti na 2 rounds lang binigay kay Pacquiao.

Hindi ko alam ano basis ni Moretti bakit ala syang binigay na round kay Manny sa later half. Pwedeng hindi agression basis nya kundi kung sino tingin nyan mas me control ng laban at nakakatama ng mas magandang suntok

We have the same point of view except I want Manny to get another shot at Mayweather.

Or balita paretire na din si Marquez. One more fight with his nemesis tapos farewell fight na nila yun pareho

As a Manny fan from the blow by blow days,it hurts me to say this,but it's Manny's fault that the fight turned out that way.

The entire world knows how Mayweather fights. Ever since he's always held on to the jog and clutch strategy. This isn't even the first time people heckled him for running.

It was on Manny to change the way Floyd fought. He had the responsibility to make Floyd change his game plan. In fact that's the only way to beat Floyd, make him brawl (Floyd doesn't like exchanges, he doesn't like getting hit).

It was really disappointing that for the biggest fight of his life, Manny put on that kind of performance. If I fought like that for the biggest fight of my life, I'd retire the next day out of principle.

The old monster Manny Pacquiao is dead. The guy that dismantled odlh, cotto, Hatton, and margarito is long gone. I noticed this in the algieri fight, he won but it wasn't the old Manny. He knocked him down 7 times, but couldn't put him away.

He should hang it up. He's done a lot already, there's nothing left to prove, his place in the hall of fame is secure, and he has reached Heights he never thought possible. Hell, remembering his early fights on blow by blow, I never would have thought he'd get as big as this. Never in my wildest dreams.

I'm just glad to have witnessed him, all fire and brimstone, at his peak. The world beater, a five foot six Giant slayer. That's the Manny I'll always remember.

Retire Manny, you've done enough.

I definitely agree with you bro, a pacman fan here for a long time, but also I have a thought in my mind that maybe "maybe" he didn't take this fight very seriously because of all the antics he was doing before the fight and all the alibis after the fight before he always said that it is part of the sport, which is very unlikely the pacman we've known for.. I think 1 last fight will be enough for pacman the man..

I also felt that Round 2 went to Manny.

Oh, wait, yeah if both Marquez and Manny announces that they will fight one last time and then retire. It would make for an intersting fight, all out, as each of them will want to retire with a Win diba? The problem is there is no belt to talk about.... so undercard fight? :)

I definitely agree with you bro, a pacman fan here for a long time, but also I have a thought in my mind that maybe "maybe" he didn't take this fight very seriously because of all the antics he was doing before the fight and all the alibis after the fight before he always said that it is part of the sport, which is very unlikely the pacman we've known for.. I think 1 last fight will be enough for pacman the man..

I read an article somewhere that Pac accommodated voluminous guests, day in and day out...to the chagrin of Coach Freddie and as observed by the meek BF of Mommy Dionisia...Tsk Tsk Tsk!!!

congrats sa mga nanalong pumusta kay Floyd.

i was expecting Pacquiao to show his old form ng 2nd -7th round pero wala... mananalo si Floyd kpag umabot ng 12rounds!

tentative si Pacquiao sumugod? takot ma KO! ano pa man ipalabas na rason ng Team Pacquiao.. Floyd remains the winner!

for real boxing fans who paid big $$$ it was a disappointing fight!

this fight against FMJ doesn't define pacman...it's a loss...no need for excuses...we saw the typical counter punching style of FMJ and we saw the aggressive and all cylinders firing pacman however the judges' decision didn't come our way...they may have taken the belt and add a loss in his stat but the pacquiao legacy will remain in the hearts and in the mind of every people whom he inspired and touched lives.....still the people's champion.

Indeed I have to agree that it was not the fight of epic proportions people were expecting where there is plenty of action going on. But hey from the onset, we know Mayweather will fight the way he likes best. But what happened is that Manny did not fight the way he likes best (I think we can all agree with this). Wala yung parang Tazmanian devil na ang likot likot at sugod ng sugod. On the decline na talaga si Manny after kay Margarito. Everybody was expecting him to press the action do what he does best, so in a way Manny did let down a bit.

What I am starting to be disappointed with, is how manny is taking his defeat. He is sour graping, he is piling up excuses, he wont even give credit to his opponent who did come up with a better strategy. He lost it is what it is. Come on Manny. Take your defeat like a champ, this is not the Manny we know

The ref has been against you before (Barrera Fight, Sanchez fight), and you still went out there to pummel your opponent

The judges were against you before (Bradley Fight), and you were gracious even though you got robbed

The fans "booed" you when you won a controversial win (Marquez 3), and you gave a rematch

You fought Erik Morales with a fever

You fought guys who had seemingly unfair physical advantage over you.

Heck you even went to Agapito's corner to shake his hands after he fought you dirty.

Where is the gracious Pacquiao? You are a good champ. You did not completely get outclassed, but at the end of the day, its more your fault really why you lost.

This is the next best fight outside of a Mayweather rematch.

I also felt that Round 2 went to Manny.

Oh, wait, yeah if both Marquez and Manny announces that they will fight one last time and then retire. It would make for an intersting fight, all out, as each of them will want to retire with a Win diba? The problem is there is no belt to talk about.... so undercard fight? :)

Sabi ni Nacho Beristain, farewell fight na lang daw si Marquez. O tamang tama. This is a good send off fight para sa dalawa. I can see how this fight would really sell. We all kept talking about the Pacquiao Mayweather rivalry, when in fact, this is arguably the best boxing rivalry of our time. Two guys whose fighting styles are just perfect for each other. Match made in heaven kung baga. They know each other pretty well, and lets face it, people love seeing the two fight. It all started nung pasikat pa lang sila pareho, now na they are at the twilight of their careers, why not treat the fans with this farewell fight?

Marquez is no easy opponent though. Just look at him now. He improved a lot when he adapted at 147. Marquez is not just the counterpunching master, he is now a monster at 147. The way he mangled Alvarado? He is a more dangerous opponent for Pac IMO. Sana this time Pac wont take him lightly gaya ng dati.

I bet kung mangyari ito, mas may action ito kesa Pac May fight. Kasi Marquez is willing to trade with Pacquiao hindi gaya ni Mayweather na fight from a safe distance lagi

Having watched this fight 4 times already, I have to say the ff.

Floyd was running all night

I can't really understand how people are saying that Mayweather kept running all the time. Mosley was running. Algeiri was Running. Clottey was just defensive. It never looked to me that Floyd was running because all the time he was keeping Manny where he wants him. At a safe distance where he can poke his punches and Pacquiao can't reach him. Not as entertaining as Marquez who is willing to trade inside, but was that really running? Reviewing old fights like those with Ali for instance, he likes to fight opponents also keeping them at a safer distance where his Jab is effective. I know Floyd don't throw as much punches as Ali does. But ganun yung tingin kong ginagawa nya, umaatras ng konti para di sya maabot at sya yung makakasingit. Not very entertaining but very intelligent. Si Margarito na mas mahaba kay Pacquiao, opposite ginawa, sya yung lapit ng lapit where he can't get the better of the exchanges.

Floyd kept clinching.

Hmmmm I really don't know man. To me, there wasn't really that much clinching going on as some people wanna make out of it. Ok sige, Floyd snuck up some illegal moves there, and held a couple of times. But come on, thats not why he won. I just don't know maybe because I saw other fights where talagang puro yakap yung nangyayari? Watch Lewis and Tyson, puro din naman yakap dun si Lewis ah. Basang basa na nga shirt nung referee kakahiwalay sa dalawa. Look at Pacquiao Hatton. Panay sugod si Hatton, at panay din clinch, binabatukan pa si Pacquiao. So was it really that excessive?

All in all, I really don't know if Floyd won this fight in a disgraceful manner. I admit its not a spectacular win for him. But the win seems pretty legit to me. And I appreciate how Magnanimous he was, thanking Filipino fans asking them to keep supporting Pacquiao.

Your thoughts guys?

• Like (+1) 1

I can't really understand how people are saying that Mayweather kept running all the time. Mosley was running. Algeiri was Running. Clottey was just defensive. It never looked to me that Floyd was running because all the time he was keeping Manny where he wants him. At a safe distance where he can poke his punches and Pacquiao can't reach him. Not as entertaining as Marquez who is willing to trade inside, but was that really running? Reviewing old fights like those with Ali for instance, he likes to fight opponents also keeping them at a safer distance where his Jab is effective. I know Floyd don't throw as much punches as Ali does. But ganun yung tingin kong ginagawa nya, umaatras ng konti para di sya maabot at sya yung makakasingit. Not very entertaining but very intelligent. Si Margarito na mas mahaba kay Pacquiao, opposite ginawa, sya yung lapit ng lapit where he can't get the better of the exchanges.

Floyd kept clinching.

Hmmmm I really don't know man. To me, there wasn't really that much clinching going on as some people wanna make out of it. Ok sige, Floyd snuck up some illegal moves there, and held a couple of times. But come on, thats not why he won. I just don't know maybe because I saw other fights where talagang puro yakap yung nangyayari? Watch Lewis and Tyson, puro din naman yakap dun si Lewis ah. Basang basa na nga shirt nung referee kakahiwalay sa dalawa. Look at Pacquiao Hatton. Panay sugod si Hatton, at panay din clinch, binabatukan pa si Pacquiao. So was it really that excessive?

All in all, I really don't know if Floyd won this fight in a disgraceful manner. I admit its not a spectacular win for him. But the win seems pretty legit to me. And I appreciate how Magnanimous he was, thanking Filipino fans asking them to keep supporting Pacquiao.

Your thoughts guys?

like what i've written before, floyd outwitted, outsmarted and outboxed manny. simple as that. floyd knew and did exactly what he had to do to win....flick the jab...run...clinch...jab...sneak in a few punches. manny wanted a slugfest with his speed but floyd never obliged. floyd knew he'd lose the fight. pure brawn and speed will not win you a boxing bout. and why on earth will floyd allow himself to get hit when he is piling up the points to win? he didn't have to slug it out with manny. manny wanted an impressive win while floyd was just simply methodical...i believe winning by points was his battle plan. unfortunately that is how boxing is scored...at the end of the fight, we go through the judges' score cards...unless of course you score a KO. i wanted manny to win because i'm a filipino...but then floyd was the intelligent choice (at least insofar as i'm concerned).

• Like (+1) 1

Correct. An athlete getting injured in training is so so normal...the question in Manny's disclosure is the 'severity' ; moreover, he's so unlike his previous post mortem aura; remember, that each day of countdown to fight night, Team Pac is consistently declaring he's never been in the best condition ever than this fight..,

quite cocky too when he said, "ninenerbyos na ang kalaban." :)

It all boils down to perspective. Pinoy kasi nanonood kaya ang consentration nila sa mga suntok lang ni Pacman. Their mind tend to ignore the numerous jabs of Floyd. Kapag nakasuntok si pacman ng malakas at pumasok, sigawan pero ang kapalit nuon five jabs by Floyd. Kaya akala ng mga bitter sa Facebook si Pacman ang maraming napatama. Its all in the mind lang. May kinakampihan kasi. I viewed the fight sa basketball court namin and during the end of the right marami nang umuwi umiiling without even waiting for the final announcement of decision. Sa puso nila talo ang ating Pambansang Kamao

• Like (+1) 1

It all boils down to perspective. Pinoy kasi nanonood kaya ang consentration nila sa mga suntok lang ni Pacman. Their mind tend to ignore the numerous jabs of Floyd. Kapag nakasuntok si pacman ng malakas at pumasok, sigawan pero ang kapalit nuon five jabs by Floyd. Kaya akala ng mga bitter sa Facebook si Pacman ang maraming napatama. Its all in the mind lang. May kinakampihan kasi. I viewed the fight sa basketball court namin and during the end of the right marami nang umuwi umiiling without even waiting for the final announcement of decision. Sa puso nila talo ang ating Pambansang Kamao

Tama! Tsaka di yan talaga tatangapin ng maayos na talo lang idol/dyos nila. At least me kasamang sour graping yan lagi. At syempre pa, me palusot.

Nung pinatulog ni Marquez, Chamba

Nung talo sa puntos, Nadaya.

Boxing lang kasi ito. Kasalanan din ng media masyado ng dinidikita ang buong pilipinas kay pacquiao. Bakit mo naman itataya buong pagkapilipino mo sa laro ng boxing? Parang yung engagement ring ng kalolololohan mo, na pinamana sayo, itataya mo lang sa laro ng tong its?

• Like (+1) 1

Floyd kept clinching.

Your thoughts guys?

In my observation, floyd did nothing new to his game plan, he was the mayweather we knew and we expect to be. Pacman that fought money is not the pacman we knew, si pacman ang hndi naging usual to his self, nawala ang side to side movement, the in and out, and the voluminous punch that really the key for his victory, he was outwork by money which should have been pacman because we knew he throws bunches of punches. Haist.. hirap mag move on.. hahaha.. But still I believed that pacman can win against money by focusing on the fight like floyd did without the antics and just training, parang nagbaligtad nga e, si manny ang naging madaldal then c floyd yung tahimik and focus on training.

very well said chief...first round pa lang nung nakatama si manny sigawan na ang mga tao. di nakikita ng mga kapitbahay ko yung mga jabs ni floyd. they didn't seem to notice that one punch of manny, which did not even solidly graze the face of floyd, was countered by a flurry of jabs from floyd. ang sabi ko nga dun sa isang sinulat ko, manny wanted a spectacular win. yung floyd naman, basta may puntos okay na sa kanya because for him, at the end of the fight, basta hindi mo siya napabagsak, panalo na siya, this was how floyd fought and will fight. hindi mag-iiba yan. boring? well, talagang ganyan ang scoring sa boxing. unless mag-iba ang scoring ng boxing na may deduction ang umiiwas sa suntok :)

very well said chief...first round pa lang nung nakatama si manny sigawan na ang mga tao. di nakikita ng mga kapitbahay ko yung mga jabs ni floyd. they didn't seem to notice that one punch of manny, which did not even solidly graze the face of floyd, was countered by a flurry of jabs from floyd. ang sabi ko nga dun sa isang sinulat ko, manny wanted a spectacular win. yung floyd naman, basta may puntos okay na sa kanya because for him, at the end of the fight, basta hindi mo siya napabagsak, panalo na siya, this was how floyd fought and will fight. hindi mag-iiba yan. boring? well, talagang ganyan ang scoring sa boxing. unless mag-iba ang scoring ng boxing na may deduction ang umiiwas sa suntok :)

Ang sabi dala na daw ng kasikatan ng Rocky series kaya ang expectation ng tao sa boxing dapat laging bugbugan at basagan ng mukha lol. Ganun talaga eh, sometimes, tactical finesse din sya. If competitor ka and all you care about is winning, talagang you won't make too many risks. At the same time, tama ka din na malayong malayo yung Manny na nakita natin nung sun sa Manny na talagang hinangaan natin. Last great performance nya kay Plasterito. He wasn't really pressing the attack. Baka natakot na din siguro maulit yung kay Marquez

Pero tingin ko, dahil maraming pilipino ang pikon at totoong sore loser, kahit pa ano ang naging laban, basta talo si Manny, laging maghahanap ng palusot at panay sour graping. It does not matter kung maaksyon sya or boring. Kung matalo Pacquiao via KO or via decision lol

Nabasa ko sa news today na mag undergo ng surgery si pacquiao para dun sa injury nya aya right shoulder. 9-12 months ang recovery period. Obviously naging factor yun kaya medyo hndi sya makatuloy tuloy ng attack. And siguro maparetire na sya ng maaga dahil sa injury nya.

What surprised me lang was the 118-110 score given by one of the judge. I think it was closer than that, though I agree talo si Manny, 115-113 would've been more just.

Mautak talaga si Mayweather, hindi sya nakipaglaro sa gustong laban ni Pacman, kasi alam nya pag nakipag sabayan sya may kalalagyan sya, he was the usual Floyd sa loob ng ring which is still 100% efficient sa lahat ng nakalaban nya. kaya nga wala pa syang talo.

What surprised me lang was the 118-110 score given by one of the judge. I think it was closer than that, though I agree talo si Manny, 115-113 would've been more just.

Mautak talaga si Mayweather, hindi sya nakipaglaro sa gustong laban ni Pacman, kasi alam nya pag nakipag sabayan sya may kalalagyan sya, he was the usual Floyd sa loob ng ring which is still 100% efficient sa lahat ng nakalaban nya. kaya nga wala pa syang talo.

kung walang injury si manny at dalawang kamay ang gumagana sa kanya, pwede nya manalo or mabugbog si Floyd. which was evident on round 4. sayang lang at bumigay na ang right shoulder ni pacman.

Madami pa din ang hindi makamove on talaga.

Kahit si Manny sobrang bitter pa din.

Ayan sabi ni Mayweather, pagkatapos magpagaling ni Pacquiao, pwede nya bigyan ng rematch. Kahit sabi nya retire na sya after a September bout.

The results will be the same though. Floyd will use intelligence and not muscle as he always does. And no matter what the result is, basta talo si Manny, hindi yan tatangapin ng Pinoy. Pag talo sa puntos, daya. Pag talo dahil napatulog, chamba

Madami pa din ang hindi makamove on talaga.

Kahit si Manny sobrang bitter pa din.

Ayan sabi ni Mayweather, pagkatapos magpagaling ni Pacquiao, pwede nya bigyan ng rematch. Kahit sabi nya retire na sya after a September bout.

The results will be the same though. Floyd will use intelligence and not muscle as he always does. And no matter what the result is, basta talo si Manny, hindi yan tatangapin ng Pinoy. Pag talo sa puntos, daya. Pag talo dahil napatulog, chamba

parang politikong pinoy ah...kabig lahat :lol: :P nonetheless, after all the debates, squabbling and bickering, at the end of the day it's still a spotless record for floyd "money" mayweather, jr.