Pacquiao-Mayweather: “It’s going to happen”

grayle

Like I said it's not Floyd's fault. It's bayless' fault.

Fine its the referees fault. He should have been more strict. Alright Alright. But it wasn't the clinching really that made him win right?

One. Yes a fight can be won by jog and clutch. Most of Mayweather's fights are like that.

Two. I never said that Manny didn't get a fair shake. In fact I said a couple of times that the game plan was off. What are you trying to say

And congrats on the 200

Lol wasn't putting words in your mouth. I was referring to a statement you made about Manny's game plan. Anyway, we can turn this into a chicken and egg debate all day, but there you go. Floyd won. Its the long and the short of it.

Thanks, I am gonna enjoy spending it.

Lol well I can't stop you if you want to defend a guy that makes fun of old people who clearly don't know any better.

Way to go.

Lets not be too sensitive here. The guy was reacting to what he saw on the news. Thats what we all do when we see something in the news particularly interesting. We react. It was not like this dude was standing infront of this old woman, sticking a finger to her face as she was crying and went "Bwahahahahahahahahahaha".

I agree with the point he was trying to make, many pinoys are taking this way too passionately and way too seriously. Its just sports. Manny is a sports hero nothing more. Problem with all this is that its already becoming Idolatry. If the local media said that Manny was Jesus Christ, wed be having churches all over dedicated to his followers.

Bottomline? Manny is an athlete. Athletes lose. Lets get over it

Please do tell me where I exaggerated.

Geez, this was not even addressed to you. Backread a bit man. I was talking to Mason. We were talking about the attitude of some Pinoys all over social media acting butthurt over mannys lose. Like I said, its understandable to feel disappointed and even sad. But it should not be blown out of proportion. It was a sporting event, someone had to be the loser. To be a good winner one has to be a good loser also. The BS I've been reading on various social media? Its just becoming ludacris. Pati daw judges binayaran naman ni Mayweather. Sus ginoo!

Lagi kong sinasabi, ang pikon laging talo. I dont know how to translate that in english. Pero totoo kasi na ang dami daming pikon. Pag nabasa mo pinagsasabi, para nanamang inaapi tayo ng buong mundo

The referee stopped the "guillotine choke" a couple of times. Did he deduct a point? Nope.

Like I said, it is natural to feel bad but you don't make it seem as if being bitter because your fighter lost is a wrong thing. Personally, it's not bitter but disappointed. It is easy to assume that Pacquiao did not have a better game plan because he lost. Did it ever occur to you that he did not implement his game plan that is why he lost?

I understand I understand. Masakit talaga sa kalooban matalo. Lalo kung me pusta. I understand that completely. Ang sinasabi ko, it wont help if Pinoys will keep acting like sore losers and wont accept na talagang talo dito si Manny. Hanap kasi ng hanap palusot. Nung naKO, chamba lang daw. Nung natalo sa puntos panay takbo daw yung kalaban, panay akap. Madaya daw kalaban. Nabayaran judges. Yung isa nagsabi inaapi nanaman daw Pilipino. I mean geeez this is not helping us. Nagmumukha tuloy tayong tanga naman with stupid statements like that.

Ok feel bad, I understand. but dont be a sore loser.

I watched the fight for the 3rd time already. I am not a boxing expert. Sofa fan nga lang eh. Pero I really can't see yung sinasabing panay takbo. Common sense lang naman ito. Mas mahaba kamay ni Mayweather, so gagamitin nya yun para malabanan nya in a distance na di sya mapapatamaan ni Pacquiao. Dedepensa at iilag sa suntok na sya naman talagang ginagawa kahit saang laban di ba?

Yun clinching, well it is part of boxing naman. It happens. Maybe Bayless should have been stricter, but as I saw it, hindi naman ganun kadalas yung akap eh. Mas clinch fighter pa nga si Hatton.

Anyway yun lang. Tanngapin ang pagkatalo ng hindi ngangawa

am still feeling bad but Edmund Dantes and Junix are correct. team pacman did not solve the problem of the fighting style of Floyd they were hoping that the judges would count the rounds for them. both fighters lacked aggressiveness and since Floyd was not known to be that aggressive compared to pacman the judges saw it as a fight where Floyd was in control of things and pacman's usual style was not seen for most of the fight.

whatever tactics, fight plans team pacman prepared were not enough.

Let's admit it, talo talaga ang manok natin. hindi nya kaya talaga si Floyd, walang solid strategy to penetrate his defense, ganun talaga ang style nya, kaya wala tayo magagawa, kung hindi dapat ang team pacman ang mag adjust at gumawa ng strategy para mabuwag yun, pero yun na nga, hindi nangyari yung inaasahan natin na strategy ni coach roach. ni walang lateral movement at side to side si pacman, buti pa si floyd meron.

So Let's move on na guys!

Yes eto tamang attitude! Lets be gracious na lang. Hirap pa kay manny, panay excuses naman ngayon. Kesyo shoulder injury naman. Eh bat di nagingat sa training? Accept na lang mga parekoy. Tapos na laban. Talo si Pacquiao

Teka intermission muna. Sorry kung medyo OT. Ito lang kasi boxing thread dito.

What do you think of this dude Shannon Briggs trolling Wladimir Klitschko, stalking him and following him around to goad him into fighting him in the ring.

And we all thought Floyd was an irritating troll lol. Watch these

Why whine about the sentiments of other Pacquiao fans here where they could not defend themselves? Why not go directly to the social networking site and relay to them your sentiments that "naghahanap sila na palusot" and that they act like sore losers? It also won't help if you keep on voicing out your sentiments here regarding people who really have no idea that they are being backbitten in a certain forum?

Don't worry I have already. I am merely giving an insight sa thread na ito

If you're referring to me, backread and see if any of my posts connote that I am a sore loser.

Holding an opponent down via the "guillotine choke" repeatedly isn't really what you can call defense.

No I wasn't singling you out. I am referring to all people in general na huwag na maging pikon. Sure most of us don't like the way Floyd fights. But unfortunately he won. Aside from the running and hugging, ngayon naman andyan yung shoulder injury excuse daw.

ED, I read some of your posts and you take issue about Pacquiao fans making up excuses for Pacquiao. Isn't saying "hindi naman ganun kadalas yung akap eh" making excuses for Mayweather? I watched the fight and Mayweather did it repeatedly. People paid good money to watch a fight. Mayweather and Pacquiao didn't give them a fight worthy to be called "Fight of the Century".

I don't think I need to make excuses for Floyd. He won. Whats the point of the excuse. Opinion ko, tingin ko hindi naman ganun kadalas yung akap as some people wanna make out of it. Kung tutuusin pa nga, mas maraming beses yumakap si Hatton kay Manny sa isang round. And besides, hindi naman yung yakap nakapanalo kay Mayweather. At the end of the day, Manny was simply outboxed. Filipinos wanna redefine boxing, only because talo si Pacquiao. Tingin ko kung naging Pilipino lang si Mayweather, pagtatangol din natin sya.

As for the quality of the fight. Hmmmmm..... Ok andun na ako. Hindi ito yung action packed na laban na pinangako nilang dalawa. It was a bit of a let down, pero thats not saying na pangit naman yung laban. Well ikaw na din nagsabi, partly kasalanan din ni Manny wala masyado action.

Regarding the shoulder injury excuse, I don't give credence to the shoulder injury because the fight is done. Manny should have whined about it before the fight.

Ang sabi they thought of postponing the fight but opted not to. Was the shoulder a factor? Well probably yeah. But you can't make excuses at the end of the day after you got outpointed.

To Manny's credit naman. It was not like he was completely outclassed. Pagdating nga ng 10 round, tabla na para sakin ang laban. Manny picked up the steam kasi sa 5th onwards. If based on aggression yung scoring, panalo si Pacquiao sa middle rounds, unfortunately yung huling 2 rounds, malinaw na in control si Mayweather ng laban. But hey, he did not lose as badly as he did last time.

Yup, but you're saying he didn't clinch excessively. I guess our viewpoints differ in that aspect of yesterday's fight. It would be harder to clinch if Manny moved.

From the get go, Floyd will wanna fight maintaining effective distance where Manny can't touch him. Outside fighting kung baga. Manny can't seem to really get to him. I thought parang hed turn Floyd around to get his angles, pero he seem to just go straight forward. He kept missing a lot as well. Yung iba naman nasasanga lang. So kahit paisa isang suntok lang kay Mayweather from his effective distance, nakakapuntos sya.

In retrospect, both were paid excessively, in my opinion, for a fight that didn't even resemble a fight of the century.

I know its not exactly Gatti Vs Ward na talagang bugbugan mula umpisa hangang tapos. Wala masyadong action. Technical masyado and Floyd dictated the fight. Sabi mo nga, he fights the way he does, and Manny didnt exactly fight the way he did. Tsaka sabi din natin kasalanan siguro nila pareho kung ala masyadong action

In my scoring, I had Manny ahead 6-4 going to the final 2 rounds. I deduced if Manny put on the pressure in the final 2 rounds, he'd win. That didn't happen.

Yun din ang akala ko . Kasi nga 10 tabla na para sakin laban, mahahabol pa sana. Natikman nya na naman power ni Mayweather so I assumed alam nya na di naman sya mapapatulog. Pero ayun nagresume control ni Mayweather last 2 rounds.

Lateral movement could have given him a chance to hit at angles and stun Mayweather and make him go for the k*ll. I think Manny was in shock and awe of Mayweather which made him fight tentative.

I wonder why he did not use this strategy. Yes you are right, it would have made all the difference if Manny kept pressing the action. Ok nasasanga karamihan nung fluries, but at some point he will land something right?

Teka intermission muna. Sorry kung medyo OT. Ito lang kasi boxing thread dito.

What do you think of this dude Shannon Briggs trolling Wladimir Klitschko, stalking him and following him around to goad him into fighting him in the ring.

And we all thought Floyd was an irritating troll lol. Watch these

magaling to sir.....noong araw. lipas na to at bankrupt kaya ganun na lang makapagpapansin baka pumayag ang klischko. kay stiverne lang eh tapos na tong mamang to.

I think Manny felt bitter. I never saw him speak like that. Maybe he should have been humbler and said something like "Sorry guys, I screwed up. I'll do better next time if Floyd grants me a rematch."

+ 1 here

On his shoulder injury, I don't think it was debilitating. He wasn't honest enough when he said in the interview that "it could be operated on"

Maybe, an honest-to-goodness independent medical bulletin could prove me wrong...

I think Manny felt bitter. I never saw him speak like that. Maybe he should have been humbler and said something like "Sorry guys, I screwed up. I'll do better next time if Floyd grants me a rematch."

Eto kakarating lang. Kung may rematch daw double ang wager. 400 dollars na. lol.

But yeah you are right, this was Mayweathers fight indeed. Not Manny's fight.

Nandun na ako, hindi exciting yung style ni mayweather. Masyadong safety first. Kaya nga para maging major attraction sya, he tries to be the bad boy. The trash talker. Long as he keeps winning, people will pay money to see someone beat the living s@%t out of him.

Mapansin mo, si Pauli Malignaggi, bunganga din ginagamit para mapansin. At one point trying to goad pacquiao into fighting him. Problema di naman sya elite

magaling to sir.....noong araw. lipas na to at bankrupt kaya ganun na lang makapagpapansin baka pumayag ang klischko. kay stiverne lang eh tapos na tong mamang to.

Trash talkers in the sport are entertaining. Its a way to sell yourself being the bad guy. Floyd uses this formula. But the difference is, Floyd never loses.

Itong si Shannon Briggs, sobrang laughtrip lang. Gusto hamunin si Wladimir Klitischko pero ranked number 52 naman sya ssa heavyweight rankings. lol. Tsaka kita naman nangyari sa ungas na ito nung nilabanan si VItali. Ilang araw naospital pagkatapos.

Trash talkers in the sport are entertaining. Its a way to sell yourself being the bad guy. Floyd uses this formula. But the difference is, Floyd never loses.

Itong si Shannon Briggs, sobrang laughtrip lang. Gusto hamunin si Wladimir Klitischko pero ranked number 52 naman sya ssa heavyweight rankings. lol. Tsaka kita naman nangyari sa ungas na ito nung nilabanan si VItali. Ilang araw naospital pagkatapos.

oo nga sir....wag naman sana,baka pag nagretire na si pacman at mayweather eh mga ganto ang papalit...magiging karnabal ang boxing kapag nagkataon. may isa pa na parang ganyan eh,si bronco billy wright. heavyweight din 50 years old...bakit di na lang kaya sila ang maglaban haha.

A rematch should happen in order for Pacquiao to redeem himself but what he said in the post-fight interview may have just been the death knell for a rematch.

I wont mind if a rematch will happen on Sept. Most likely I will still bet on Money May. He is just too smart. While it may not be a fight that lived up to all of the hype, undeniably he fought this one using his smarts. He kept his opponent at effective distance where he can poke him, but would not get hit himself. He effectively nuetralized all the fluries and outlanded his opponent.

Ganun talaga kasi, pag ikaw yung mas mahaba, its wiser to fight from a distance na di ka maabot. Shorter and smaller guys need to get inside and Manny seemed to have a hard time doing that.

All in all, its unfair to say Floyd ran all night. Umiilag lang na sya naman dapat mo gawin pag inaatake ka. Common sense naman yun eh.

oo nga sir....wag naman sana,baka pag nagretire na si pacman at mayweather eh mga ganto ang papalit...magiging karnabal ang boxing kapag nagkataon. may isa pa na parang ganyan eh,si bronco billy wright. heavyweight din 50 years old...bakit di na lang kaya sila ang maglaban haha.

Sana nga, kung maisasalba ang boxing, kelangan magkaroon ulit ng mga bagong heroes at villain na aabangan. Pero dapat parehong competitive din. Sakin, ayus yung mga kontrabida. Boring naman masyado pag puro bida na lang kasi. Some of my favorite Villains in the sport

1. Muhammad Ali

2. George Foreman (the younger of course. Clubber Lang was based on him)

3. Roberto Duran

4. Bernard Hopkins, malamang kung ito nakasagupa ni Pacquiao inapakan na bandila ng pilipinas, yari sya sa mga pinoy lol

5. Mike Tyson, obvious reason why.

6. Floyd Mayweather, duh!

After Mayweather, sino kaya magiging magaling na kontrabida naman? Iba kasi puro talaga bunganga lang di naman magaling talaga sa ring

I know its not exactly Gatti Vs Ward na talagang bugbugan mula umpisa hangang tapos. Wala masyadong action. Technical masyado and Floyd dictated the fight. Sabi mo nga, he fights the way he does, and Manny didnt exactly fight the way he did. Tsaka sabi din natin kasalanan siguro nila pareho kung ala masyadong action

As a Manny fan from the blow by blow days,it hurts me to say this,but it's Manny's fault that the fight turned out that way.

The entire world knows how Mayweather fights. Ever since he's always held on to the jog and clutch strategy. This isn't even the first time people heckled him for running.

It was on Manny to change the way Floyd fought. He had the responsibility to make Floyd change his game plan. In fact that's the only way to beat Floyd, make him brawl (Floyd doesn't like exchanges, he doesn't like getting hit).

It was really disappointing that for the biggest fight of his life, Manny put on that kind of performance. If I fought like that for the biggest fight of my life, I'd retire the next day out of principle.

The old monster Manny Pacquiao is dead. The guy that dismantled odlh, cotto, Hatton, and margarito is long gone. I noticed this in the algieri fight, he won but it wasn't the old Manny. He knocked him down 7 times, but couldn't put him away.

He should hang it up. He's done a lot already, there's nothing left to prove, his place in the hall of fame is secure, and he has reached Heights he never thought possible. Hell, remembering his early fights on blow by blow, I never would have thought he'd get as big as this. Never in my wildest dreams.

I'm just glad to have witnessed him, all fire and brimstone, at his peak. The world beater, a five foot six Giant slayer. That's the Manny I'll always remember.

Retire Manny, you've done enough.

I wont mind if a rematch will happen on Sept. Most likely I will still bet on Money May. He is just too smart. While it may not be a fight that lived up to all of the hype, undeniably he fought this one using his smarts. He kept his opponent at effective distance where he can poke him, but would not get hit himself. He effectively nuetralized all the fluries and outlanded his opponent.

Ganun talaga kasi, pag ikaw yung mas mahaba, its wiser to fight from a distance na di ka maabot. Shorter and smaller guys need to get inside and Manny seemed to have a hard time doing that.

All in all, its unfair to say Floyd ran all night. Umiilag lang na sya naman dapat mo gawin pag inaatake ka. Common sense naman yun eh.

Sana nga, kung maisasalba ang boxing, kelangan magkaroon ulit ng mga bagong heroes at villain na aabangan. Pero dapat parehong competitive din. Sakin, ayus yung mga kontrabida. Boring naman masyado pag puro bida na lang kasi. Some of my favorite Villains in the sport

1. Muhammad Ali

2. George Foreman (the younger of course. Clubber Lang was based on him)

3. Roberto Duran

4. Bernard Hopkins, malamang kung ito nakasagupa ni Pacquiao inapakan na bandila ng pilipinas, yari sya sa mga pinoy lol

5. Mike Tyson, obvious reason why.

6. Floyd Mayweather, duh!

After Mayweather, sino kaya magiging magaling na kontrabida naman? Iba kasi puro talaga bunganga lang di naman magaling talaga sa ring

Nah boxing is dead. People just don't know it yet.

There's no one to carry the sport to the next generation.

You have the world's most dominant boxer who hasn't lost in 10 years, who has 18 straight successful title defenses, and by all accounts one of the pound for pound greats. Yet klitcshko can't sell pay per views to save his life.

A middle weight destroyer. Undoubtedly the most exciting fighter in boxing today, but no one wants to fight him. GGG can't get fights to cross over to the main stream.

Andre ward who is a great fighter only fights when the moon turns blue.

Mayweather, while undefeated, and is the best technician that we've ever seen. Is uninspiring and abrasive. I haven't seen a kid who saw Mayweather fight tell me "I wanna be that guy"

Sure there are great fighters out there, and some great fights that happen,but no one that grabs people and inspires them to watch boxing.

The fight of the century turning out to be a dud sure didn't help things

Disclosing his injury after the fight is a moot point. What Pacquiao said during the interview after the fight might just be the death knell for a rematch. He should have been humbler since he is the one on the shorter end of the stick.

Correct. An athlete getting injured in training is so so normal...the question in Manny's disclosure is the 'severity' ; moreover, he's so unlike his previous post mortem aura; remember, that each day of countdown to fight night, Team Pac is consistently declaring he's never been in the best condition ever than this fight..,

On the fight: I was disappointed with Manny. The onus was on him to turn the tides and become the boxer to beat Floyd. Manny's performance was bad. No other way to say it. He looked like a shell of his former self, too cautious to pull the trigger. Perhaps the KO got in his head?

On the possibility of a rematch: Money talks. If the price is right, I'm sure they can always hammer out a deal. But I'm not expecting the money to be there after that performance by Manny, so I'm doubtful a rematch will be made. Would you pay MORE MONEY to see them fight again? Because if I'm Floyd, the only way I'm fighting Manny again is for more money.

On Kellerman's interview: Sheesh. Pinoys being Pinoys. It was an OK interview, nothing out of the ordinary. Manny didn't elaborate on why he thought he won, Kellerman pushed and poked and asked questions. It's his job to be inquisitive, not to console or give Manny a pat on the back.

On Mayweather's tactics: Boring, sure, but you cannot deny his prowess. His style isn't a secret. You KNOW what Floyd's gonna do in the ring. If you can't adjust, be prepared to be jabbed and hugged to death. If you bought into the hype and expected a slugfest, that's YOUR fault.

On people declaring that boxing is dead: If being dead means 3 million PPV buys and record smashing gate numbers, I don't know what living means. Boxing, along with other martial arts, has always been a niche sport with a few transcendent stars every now and then. Let's just wait for the next one, shall we?

On people declaring that the fight was fixed: STFU and GTFO.

• Like (+1) 1

Well this link provides the list of all the major sports media outlet who scored the fight.

http://mmadecisions.com/decision/6144/Floyd-Mayweather-vs-Manny-Pacquiao

Of the 18, 16 scored it for mayweather. 1 scored i a draw. And 1 scored it for pacquiao. So may outlier na isa. Ang common score 117-111 or 116-112.

Yung mga Filipino commentators, syempre para sa kanila panalo Pacquiao.

So all in all, unanimous naman ang lahat at malinaw na si Mayweather talaga panalo dito.

Muhammad Ali a villain? I don't know about that. He talks the talk but he walks the walk. Manos de Piedra a villain? I saw him as a hero. I rooted for him when he went up against the Marvelous One but he lost.

Which reminds me. Money said he is the the best ever. This is just utter disrespect for the all-time greats like Ali, Frazier, Hagler Carlos Monzon, Salvador Sanehez (arguably the greatest featherweight ever) and, of course, the all-time greats in the welterweight division like the two Sugar Rays, Tommy Hearns, Duran. I'm gonna say this now. Sugar Ray Leonard and Tommy Hearns in their primes will knock out Mayweather.

Yes Ali was the Mayweather of his time. People would greet him with "boos" when he entered the ring.

Duran during his prime was one bad motherf#&ker. Promoting the fight with leonard, hed often start brawls, kick him, and even cuss at leonards wife.

I really like watching villains. Villains add drama, they make you wanna root for the hero more. Basta huwag naman yung mga nandadaya sa gloves lang