Pacquiao-Mayweather: “It’s going to happen”

grayle

Disappointing. With all the hype about this fight, it sure didn't measure up to my expectations. It wasn't much of a fight. Sure it was frustrating that Mayweather didn't engage in a slugfest and just kept on moving around the ring, but Pacquiao didn't exactly bring it either. It was obvious that he was too cautious, too preoccupied with the thought that Mayweather is a counter-puncher. There wasn't the explosive fight that Pacquiao had before his losing streak; and people actually enjoyed his fights because of that explosiveness. It was why the Mayweather-Pacquiao match up was supposed to be an epic one: the best defensive boxer versus the most explosive fighter. But in the end, the entire 12 rounds was just not entertaining. Too bad for those people who paid a ridiculous amount of money to see that match in MGM.

he wasn't throwing because he couldn't get inside. Floyd controlled the distance effectively and made use of the 5" reach advantage very well.

Everytime Manny attempted to get inside he'd get countered with a stiff jab or a check hook. Or worse Floyd would push his head down and clinch. Those things took him out of his game.

Floyd would also entice Manny by backing himself into a corner, cover up for the flurry, spin out and leave Manny with a hook.

Those are why Manny was hesitant to throw a lot.

• Like (+1) 1

At first, I thought Manny was fighting the smart fight. He was fighting at Mayweather's pace which was a grinding pace. He just could not beat Mayweather at his game. What's disappointing was Manny was sucked into it. I'm not sure if a rematch will occur since Mayweather won in convincing fashion.

What speculation are you talking about? I would presume you watched the fight and Manny just wasn't throwing enough punches and wasn't himself. His movement was virtually non-existent.

Yes manny pacquiao wasn't punches more, unlike he fought against margarito before he punches more, he want to knockout that guy immediately but you can't do that against smarter fighter mayweather he was not a champion for nothing.

When manny fought against marquez he also want to knockout marquez easily but sa gigil niya he was knockdown by marquez hehe, now pacquiao was playing safely one mistake he can be knockdown by gayweather.

• Like (+1) 1

Yes manny pacquiao wasn't punches more, unlike he fought against margarito before he punches more, he want to knockout that guy immediately but you can't do that against smarter fighter mayweather he was not a champion for nothing.

When manny fought against marquez he also want to knockout marquez easily but sa gigil niya he was knockdown by marquez hehe, now pacquiao was playing safely one mistake he can be knockdown by gayweather.

The stigma of the KO lost from JuanMa still haunts Manny. Nagdadalawang isip na siya sumugod to cut of the hit and run of Floyd. And his punches are not that hard anymore. Heed to your mother's request idol. RETIRE !

It didn't seem like they had a good game plan going in.

I knew immediately in the first 30 seconds when Manny wasn't throwing anything, that there was a problem. The thing was they didn't readjust accordingly.

The best comment. Tama. Ilang laban na ba ni mayweather na ganun ang style niya? Hindi naman actually nagbago. Tama ka. Team Pacquiao did not adjust to the style of Floyd.

kulit talaga ng mga fans, natalo na nga't lahat si pacquiao proud pa rin sila hahaha...o ngayon nganga ang "pinoy pride" nila ngayon.... :D

HAHAHAHA! Puro dinaya! HAHAHAHA! Mentalidad ng election sa Pinas

As expected, roaming around social media, ang dami talagang pinoy ang nagiging sore loser. GOing to the extent of saying Mayweather did not deserve the win because he was running and clinching all the time. lol Pano kung naKO? Sasabihin naman lucky punch lang?

I think its only appropriate kasi na tanggapin na lang natin na talagang talo si Pacquiao. That between the 2, Floyd was just the better fighter. You can keep pulling out excuses like, the clinch, or how he does not wanna fight Manny toe to toe, but Floyd beat him and that is clear. Floyd fought an intelligent fight. Using his superior reach advantage, utilizing his defense to make Manny miss a lot, and perfectly time him to land the better and more effective punches.

In principle, this should vindicate Floyd somehow. He fought the best the division had to offer. He made the fight happen. He showed better tactical knoweldge. So it is what it is.

I take nothing away from Pacquiao. He fought a competitive plan. I thought he just couldn't really land anything significant on Floyd. He didn't completely got outclassed, but he lost and that was clear

Where is the love for Manny? I have been seeing this poster who has been talking about a Pacman KO and has been verbose these past few weeks leading to the fight. Biglang nawala yata. Won't you, at least, say Manny fought valiantly?

Oh the love is there naman. Ako kay Mayweather pumusta, pero I did commend that Manny fought competitively. At least he didnt lose as badly as he did kay Marquez. At one point, akala ko nga magiging tabla kas, tumabla na halos by round 10. But Floyd won the last 2 rounds. All in all, Manny fought competitively

But at the same time, we should all graciously accept that Mayweather did win this one clearly, and therefore he deserves some vindication. For the last 5 years he has been criticized for dodging guys who has a fair chance of beating him. I think now its safe to say he beat everyone he should. Including Pacquiao. That at least for tonight, between the 2, Mayweather is the better fighter.

^^it'll be a while bago humupa ang bitterness ng mga hardcore manny fans lalo pa't highly anticipated pa naman ang laban na to... and from the looks of it, they aren't the type to take criticisms too kindly too. They are still out for blood! :ninja:

Yeah its really such a shame. Boxing lang naman eto. Its just a sporting event. Di naman uunlad ekonomiya ng Pilipinas kung manalo si Pacquiao. Ok na yan, tanggapin na lang kasi pagkatalo and lets all just move on.

Like most (Filipino) people, I'm quite affected by Manny's loss..

And it's easy to say that Floyd was a "coward", or, "he just ran around the ring", etc..

but in reality, he deserves a lot of credit.

He stood in the same ring for 12 rounds with Manny, the currently known as the boxer with the

most power and (arguably) speed in his weight class, and left the ring relatively unscathed

(at least from what I've seen when he walked out of the ring). Can anyone just do that? Just

look at Manny's previous opponents. Obviously no. Just the good ones.

And regardless of anyone's comment about his fighting style, Mayweather was not "just running

around", since he was able to score accurate punches to a man as good as Pacquiao. Will

Pacquiao just allow anyone to punch him? Lol.. What Mayweather did obviously took a LOT of skill.

It's clear that in terms of skill, Mayweather was clearly better

*At the moment*

The good thing about the circumstances of Manny's loss (however disappointing it is), was that

he himself walked away relatively unscathed. It's as if the "match" was just 12 rounds of sparring

with headgear.

And while most people say (and this is something that I agree with) that Manny took the safe manner/style

of boxing this time around and are disappointed with it, I'm actually thankful for it.

I'm actually relieved that Pacquiao did not go rambo mode and really tried to knockout Floyd.

Why? Because if he did that, with the way Floyd beat him today and the level of his (Floyd's) performance,

there's a good possibility that he might have knocked out the People's Champ, like what happened

with Marquez.

And if that happened the second time around, Manny might be truly destroyed both inside and out..

This kind of ending might be favorable for Manny, because even if "technically" and "by the book", Floyd

has beaten him, there's nothing on Manny's face, countenance and spirit that says he has been beaten.

And usually in that kind of situation, the loser really becomes stronger the second around.

And when the rematch happens (highly unlikely that it won't), I think that will be the time that Manny

can and will go full Rambo against Mayweather and will have a better chance of knocking him down,

since he's already got the "feel" of fighting him just today

In short, I'm just thankful for the circumstances of Manny's loss today since this kind of loss will hardly

deter him and will just drive him to be better next time, and I believe that he definitely will be

And Floyd is technically a great fighter guys, however negative our sentiments are about him.

• Like (+1) 1

^^^

Very good inputs bro! Actually, ang kasalanan lang ni Mayweather ay hindi sya naging Pilipino. Kasi kung naging Pilipino yan si Mayweather, kahit ano pang antics nyan, pagtatagol sya sigurado ng mga Pinoy. I don't mean na insultuhin sarili kong lahi, pero kung pwede ko sabihin ang totoo, masyado kasing 3rd world utak natin. We can't even learn how to be gracious losers.

Nga pala, umuulan na ng excuses from Manny's camp

1. Panay takbo at clinch lang daw si Mayweather

2. May shoulder injury daw kasi

3. This came in, sabi ni roach nanghina kasi kinunan ng dugo ilang araw bago ang laban

Namaaaaaaaan! Its not gonna help Manny if his camp keeps piling up these excuses

• Like (+1) 1

The sport is boxing. At the amateur level, this is no doubt a masterful piece by Mayweather. But at the professional level? And being billed as the fight of the century no less?

NO ONE DESERVES TO WIN. The paying viewers were robbed. All I saw was Mayweather running away, hugging, and Manny trying to catch Floyd, unable to unload anything. IT SHOULD BE DECLARED A NON-CONTEST. There was NO FIGHT. This is BULLSHIT!

Ako late weight in, of course I did say when I joined this topic that my Head says Floyd but my heard says Manny (I am paraphrasing of course, but I did hear this exact same thing said in CNN this morning). So basically I was not surprised when the decision was announced that Floyd won. Not surprised but of course disappointed and sorry that Manny didn't win. I could have bet on Floyd, but in principle I didn't, plus as I said he is "angas" anyway.

About the fight, I agree with Larry's take. It wasn't really that Manny was not throwing more punches, it's just that Floyd's style is really to avoid being in a Brawl. There are too many instances in the fight that I thought that if Manny just kept on the pressure after Floyd moved away, that he could have gotten more hits if he went after him... but that is also dangerous coz he could also get clipped during those times, so yes fighting smartly.

Those freaking Guillotine chokes and body shots during clinches should have had warnings, and yes I agree that at one point should have been a deduction, but what can we do, the Ref didn't call it, and some of the times he didn't see it. Also all the while I was thinking, oh man, Manny should not be touching gloves too much with Floyd, as he can be a "traitor" and get at him as soon as they touched gloves, at least that didn't happen.

Watched the fight with family and friends in private, during the fight, everyone agreed, it was really a great fight, no doubt about it, the fight actually went too quickly, some said we need 3 more additional rounds (as a joke). So in my opinion the fight did live up to the hype, it is just that it did not give us the outcome that we hoped for (for Manny fans).

To the Mayweather fans in MTC, please lang, there are no posts here so far claiming such and such about the win of Mayweather so please do not start a freaking gripe fest in this forum about others in cyberspace that has nothing to do with MTC members.

If MTC Manny fans are quiet, let them be, why entice them to post? LOKO naman kayo kung ganun!

Fight was well fought by both fighers.

Too bad it seems there will be no rematch!

A lot of Pinoys/Kababayans lost money today from betting with their Hearts! (I feel for them).

To Manny fans.... let's face it, Edmund D. was right, it felt great when you see those freaking power punches of Manny connect on Floyd's face! I hope someone actually compiles a video of all those shots, kahit dun nalang mag enjoy! :)

Congrats to 48-0

Edited by shadow555

^^^

Very good inputs bro! Actually, ang kasalanan lang ni Mayweather ay hindi sya naging Pilipino. Kasi kung naging Pilipino yan si Mayweather, kahit ano pang antics nyan, pagtatagol sya sigurado ng mga Pinoy. I don't mean na insultuhin sarili kong lahi, pero kung pwede ko sabihin ang totoo, masyado kasing 3rd world utak natin. We can't even learn how to be gracious losers.

Nga pala, umuulan na ng excuses from Manny's camp

1. Panay takbo at clinch lang daw si Mayweather

2. May shoulder injury daw kasi

3. This came in, sabi ni roach nanghina kasi kinunan ng dugo ilang araw bago ang laban

Namaaaaaaaan! Its not gonna help Manny if his camp keeps piling up these excuses

I love reading this thread unlike sa FB puro bitterness. I dont think tumakbo si FM sa laban. The right word is "umiilag sa suntok". Ang daming akala mo analysts ng boxing sa FB. Walang logic basta takbo, akap, etc. without even seeing deeply on what really transpired and why Pacman lost. This is a thinking thread

Ako late weight in, of course I did say when I joined this topic that my Head says Floyd but my heard says Manny (I am paraphrasing of course, but I did hear this exact same thing said in CNN this morning). So basically I was not surprised when the decision was announced that Floyd won. Not surprised but of course disappointed and sorry that Manny didn't win. I could have bet on Floyd, but in principle I didn't, plus as I said he is "angas" anyway.

About the fight, I agree with Larry's take. It wasn't really that Manny was not throwing more punches, it's just that Floyd's style is really to avoid being in a Brawl. There are too many instances in the fight that I thought that if Manny just kept on the pressure after Floyd moved away, that he could have gotten more hits if he went after him... but that is also dangerous coz he could also get clipped during those times, so yes fighting smartly.

Those freaking Guillotine chokes and body shots during clinches should have had warnings, and yes I agree that at one point should have been a deduction, but what can we do, the Ref didn't call it, and some of the times he didn't see it. Also all the while I was thinking, oh man, Manny should not be touching gloves too much with Floyd, as he can be a "traitor" and get at him as soon as they touched gloves, at least that didn't happen.

Watched the fight with family and friends in private, during the fight, everyone agreed, it was really a great fight, no doubt about it, the fight actually went too quickly, some said we need 3 more additional rounds (as a joke). So in my opinion the fight did live up to the hype, it is just that it did not give us the outcome that we hoped for (for Manny fans).

To the Mayweather fans in MTC, please lang, there are no posts here so far claiming such and such about the win of Mayweather so please do not start a freaking gripe fest in this forum about others in cyberspace that has nothing to do with MTC members.

If MTC Manny fans are quiet, let them be, why entice them to post? LOKO naman kayo kung ganun!

Fight was well fought by both fighers.

Too bad it seems there will be no rematch!

A lot of Pinoys/Kababayans lost money today from betting with their Hearts! (I feel for them).

To Manny fans.... let's face it, Edmund D. was right, it felt great when you see those freaking power punches of Manny connect on Floyd's face! I hope someone actually compiles a video of all those shots, kahit dun nalang mag enjoy! :)

Congrats to 48-0

Well don't worry about me. I promised to be a gracious winner, so I am being gracious. Ang mga binabangit ko naman ay yung mga fans ni Pacquiao sa social media na di matanggap pagkatalo ng idol nila. And I did expect this. Nung naKO sabi lucky punch lang daw. Nung naman natalo sa decision, or outpointed, puro daw kasi takbo at yakap kay Pacquiao. masyado defensive. Di nilabanan toe to toe. Etc. Tama si Floyd eh, no matter what he does he will never be given the credit he deserves

Ok so maybe Floyd went a little dirty there, but when it all comes down to it, he won the fight because he controlled the pace. He made manny fight his fight. He made him miss. He utilized his defense and reach advantage. And Manny came up with a poor game plan.

I don't understand bakit yung kalaban kasi ang sinisisi. Tama si Kevin Iole ng yahoo sports. Mas kasalanan ni Pacquiao na hindi lumaban ng sabayan si Floyd. Mulat sapul, alam na defensive fighter yan si Mayweather at precission boxer. So dapat sila magfigure out papano nila pwe-pwersahin si Mayweather na makipagsabayan.

People keep complaining about the clinch and that mayweather was "running" only BECAUSE PACQUIAO LOST! Give me a break! Si Clottey di ba? Puro takip lang ginawa at ilag kay Pacquiao. Me reklamo ba? Wala kasi Panalo si Pacquiao. Si Algieri sabi panay din takbo at iwan. Me reklamo ba? Wala kasi nga panalo si pacquiao at napabagsak pa.

So what I am trying to say here is that, running and clinching alone would have not made mayweather win this fight. He knows this. The judges hate fighters like this. Kaya nga natalo si Dela Hoya noon kay Trinidad di ba?

The sport is boxing. At the amateur level, this is no doubt a masterful piece by Mayweather. But at the professional level? And being billed as the fight of the century no less?

NO ONE DESERVES TO WIN. The paying viewers were robbed. All I saw was Mayweather running away, hugging, and Manny trying to catch Floyd, unable to unload anything. IT SHOULD BE DECLARED A NON-CONTEST. There was NO FIGHT. This is BULLSHIT!

I don't think there is a justification to declare the fight no-contest unless magpositive ang isa sa kanila sa banned substance. Hey this may have not been the blood and gutts war you were expecting, but it is a contest and someone clearly won. Its just sports bro. No need to get all upset

I love reading this thread unlike sa FB puro bitterness. I dont think tumakbo si FM sa laban. The right word is "umiilag sa suntok". Ang daming akala mo analysts ng boxing sa FB. Walang logic basta takbo, akap, etc. without even seeing deeply on what really transpired and why Pacman lost. This is a thinking thread

OO nababasa ko din ang mga yan sa FB. Talagang di matanggap na tinalo idol nila. Hanap ng hanap ng palusot.

Di ba si Clottey on the defensive din naman? Si Algieri panay takbo. Pero di naman sila nanalo. Hugging and dodging punches alone wont earn you a win in the scorecards. Naman. Tanggapin na lang kasi na talo si Pacquiao

I don't think there is a justification to declare the fight no-contest unless magpositive ang isa sa kanila sa banned substance. Hey this may have not been the blood and gutts war you were expecting, but it is a contest and someone clearly won. Its just sports bro. No need to get all upset

OO nababasa ko din ang mga yan sa FB. Talagang di matanggap na tinalo idol nila. Hanap ng hanap ng palusot.

Di ba si Clottey on the defensive din naman? Si Algieri panay takbo. Pero di naman sila nanalo. Hugging and dodging punches alone wont earn you a win in the scorecards. Naman. Tanggapin na lang kasi na talo si Pacquiao

Si algeiri yung tumatakbo kala ko lalabas ng ring...haha

Si clottey di sumusuntok panay depensa lang...

Takot si pacman sabayan si gayweather baka ma lucky punch, counter punchers usually abangers naghahanap lang ng tiyempo.

I remember after the fight nagkaroon ng interview kay Pacman. All Pacman could answer was Floyd was running running then the interviewer quipped: Then why did you not chased him and/or corner him? Pacman has no clear answer. Meron pa ngang nag post sa FB babae nagmumura na gusto daw niyang suntukin yung interviewer kasi bastos daw. Aba aba! If that FB woman would only analyze, what the interviewer said was right. In short, parang bakit ka hindi nag change ng strategy and run after Floyd and upset his rhythm? Such low mind poster. Nuon pang bata bata pa si Floyd ganun na ang kanyang tactic. The cornermen of Pacman and Pacman himself did not prepare for such eventuality. Whole fight ganun........sugod power punch retreat. Ayun kaunti ang score.............TALO!