Pacquiao-Mayweather: “It’s going to happen”

grayle

isang pastor...

kakanta pa yata si bieber hehehe

5 days to go!

Compared to manny's entrance song? pagbibigyan ko na si Bieber!

Sorry but I really can't get over it. Kung baga sa emperors new clothes, somebody from team Pacquiao should tell Manny he sucks balls being a singer.

It would have really been more badass kung ang magdadala sa kanya sa ring si 50 cent siguro rapping some gangsta s@%t yo! lol

Sorry but I really can't get over it. Kung baga sa emperors new clothes, somebody from team Pacquiao should tell Manny he sucks balls being a singer.

It would have really been more badass kung ang magdadala sa kanya sa ring si 50 cent siguro rapping some gangsta s@%t yo! lol

i dont know may bumibili nman ng album nya eh hahaha

hindi sya kc fan ng mga ganyan type ng songs...

khit ano pa entrance songs nya... ang mahalaga natuloy na ang laban na ito

Magkano sa sm cinema?

i dunno

i think it's funny as hell

fight of the decade

and one of the fighters comes out with his own song

which is a ballad.

You can't make this s@%t up.

What are your your predictions coming into this fight?

pacman for the win.. in and out movement will do the difference and bunches of punches from pacman, I can see the fight going to the distance but with mayweather tasting the canvass for the first time of his career.. This is destined to happen.. cheers.. :)

I find myself not able to comment any more as the fight comes nearer! :)

I read that fight strategy and all I can say is that we'll just have to see what actually happens in the ring this sunday. But I agree 100% no one in their right mind will leak their strategy naman, so who knows, maybe Floyd might try to score rounds early. That would make for a fun fight to watch!

Hmmmm here is an insight.

By standard technical definition, an undisputed champ means he has all the WBC WBA and IBF belts.

In this bout they will battle for the WBC, WBA, The Ring Magzine, and WBO belts........... hmmmm sayang isang belt na lang sana undisputed champ na yung panalo dito. Si Kell Brook ang champion ng IBF ngayon sa welterweight division.

I wonder kung pwede magapply dito yung universally recognized welterweight champion of the world. May ganun recognition si Calzaghe nung hari sya ng supermiddleweight.

Sabi ni mayweather

"I talked a lot of trash before, but I don't need to now because the fight sells itself"

Call Floyd what you want, but this fight sells more because of him than Pacquiao. Which is why the 60-40 split in favor of Floyd is justified. He really knows how to be a good salesman. Even when he is fighting guys who are not PPV attractions (Guerrero, Ortiz, et. al).

Tama yan, dapat may badboy na kinakainisan lagi para naman balanse lang. You can say you dont like his demeanor on and off the ring. His arrogance is irritating and he has a very boring style. But at the end of the day you still have a reason to follow him and watch him fight. Either because you respect his skills, or... you wanna see the living s@%t get kicked out of him.

Here it is, the Mayweather X Pacman breakdown from my favorite striking analyst, Jack Slack

http://fightland.vice.com/blog/killing-a-king-mayweather-versus-pacquiao

http://assets.fightland.com/content-images/contentimage/54549/MayPac-GG-FL-650.jpg

he unkind hand of father time forced this fight into being.

When Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao were at the height of their powers, when the rest of the world was ready to dub the bout the saving grace of boxing, the participants didn't want it. Now, on the eve of the Fight of the Century, we wonder not just how the two archrivals will match up, but how these two imposters would match up with the real Mayweather and Pacquiao of five years ago.

The realization came to Pacquiao first, for he was the first to lose. A suspicious split decision loss to Timothy Bradley was forgivable, but a knockout loss to his old rival, Juan Manuel Marquez, did untold damage to Pacquiao's image. The vision of Pacquiao laid out, face down on the canvas is what remains burned into the mind of anyone who saw it or even watched the highlights.

The rumors swirling have Pacquiao plagued by money issues and repeated cramping in the legs, those legs which had enabled him to box with such mobility in his best days. In keeping step with seemingly every successful boxer in history he has found himself with huge bills in backdated taxes, and has taken to fighting in Macau in order to save on the taxes he would be forced to pay in Las Vegas. While he bested Bradley in a rematch, Pacquiao has already fought the best men out there not named Mayweather, and now is forced to stoop to bouts against Chris Algieri and Brandon Rios where he has little to gain.

Mayweather's epiphany seemingly came a little later. Perhaps in the moment at the end of the first round of his most recent bout, against Marcos Maidana. Mayweather pulled his head back from a jab, ready to launch that counter right hand he is so famous for, and instead ate Maidana's right which followed. Mayweather's reflexes, distancing and timing had critically failed him. For the rest of that bout he resorted to jogging around the ring and simply tying Maidana up any time it looked like the two would be forced to exchange blows.

http://giant.gfycat.com/IncompleteComplicatedKid.gif

But this wasn't always the case. From 2008 to 2011, these men not only ruled the roost, they obliterated any challenge to their twin thrones; Pacquiao with his speed, power and overwhelming combination work, and Mayweather with his wicked reactions, venomous counter punches, and grey tactics in tie-ups.

Filipino Firepower

In Pacquiao the master trainer, Freddie Roach has chisseled a beautiful two-fisted hitter from a block of solid, dirty power. Pacquiao transformed in the course of a couple of years from a left hand centric power puncher into a complete offensive and defensive combination boxer. And it all began by developing Pacquiao's right hook.

Traditionally, the battle of southpaw versus orthodox—variously called Open Guard and Open Stance—is one of strong straights with the rear hand from both fighters, because the lead hands get in the way of each other. In recent decades, the lead hook has become more important in this kind of engagement, particularly as a counter. Against Ricky Hatton, who repeatedly loaded up his left hook and telegraphed his intentions against both Pacquiao and Mayweather, Pacman was able to time the right hook beautifully.

But Pacquiao's counter right hook is at it's best when it is flying over a jab. It is these short counter hooks which do the real damage to a fighter's equilibrium, not the ones he sees coming. The angles presented when jabbing at a southpaw make the counter right hook akin to being hit over the back of the head while reaching out to grasp something.

http://fat.gfycat.com/PoshTemptingHomalocephale.gif

Here Cotto is stunned by the counter blow, turns, and is knocked down by the classic Pacquiao low-high combination which follows.

The right hook is a phenomenal building block as well. If the opponent crouches forward as it connects, or keeps his glove tight to his head, the right hook pulls him forward onto the left uppercut. This was the punch which hurt Miguel Cotto time and time again in their bout.

http://giant.gfycat.com/ParallelHelplessBluejay.gif
more at the link.

Based on the video, I think Pacquiao should be throwing a lot of left straights to the face of Mayweather. Also, Manny should be a thinking boxer. Hindi dapat atat coz Mayweather might just time him and throw that haymaker reminiscent that of Marquez when Pacquiao came charging at him.

only if Manny sets it up properly

Manny has to cut the ring off and keep turning FMJ to expose his right side. Pressure him in close with high volume combos so May and annoy FMJ with a left hook to the body.

And here we go!

Its the fight weekend! We have waited for this half a decade, and finally its here. 2 of the very best in this Era. 2 of the biggest names in the sport. Exact polar opposites of each other in and out of the ring. Matchups don't get any better than this.

Of course, majority of you out there want the hero to win this one. Manny is the knight on a white stallion. Next to Jesus Christ perhaps, he is the Philippines most important Idol. But when both men are up on that ring. Its all just about who has the better skill. Now I have been vocal about it, I am betting on Floyd so lets see sa sunday if Imma collect lol.

If Manny wins, eh di congratulations sa kanya at sa inyong lahat na naniwalang he would pull the upset. Pero sana, kung matalo, no excuses din dapat kayo. Full credit dapat to the winner. If this is the fight thats supposed to determine who is the best in this era, then the winner should be awarded that legacy. Sana wala magrereklamo na racist yung judges, at lucky punch lang kaya natalo.