Pacquiao-Mayweather: “It’s going to happen”

grayle

I like the aura of pacman going into this fight .... Very relax/loose.

Si mayweather seems to be acting a bit strange if you compare his demeanor in previous fights.

true. gayweather is scared kasi. hindi na yan maka tulog malamang. at natatakot din siya kay mama d. hahahahahaha!!!!! baka Manalo matalo siya, paghahalikan siya ni mama d. hehehehehe

true. gayweather is scared kasi. hindi na yan maka tulog malamang. at natatakot din siya kay mama d. hahahahahaha!!!!! baka Manalo matalo siya, paghahalikan siya ni mama d. hehehehehe

Could be scared ...i don't really know. But nawala un angas talaga since the fight was sealed. Siguro pag nanalo siya at biglang lumabas un normal na asta then we can confirm.

But i think there is more pressure on mayweather than manny to win this one ....

It seems the underdog is now the fan favorite. Quite an unusual position for floyd to be in.

Edited by rooster69ph

So amped up for this!

Re-watched the Floyd x Maidana fight

And I believe that Manny has more than a 75% chance of taking this.

Floyd looked slower than usual vs Maidana. And what's telling is the fact that he gets caught if you throw combinations. If you don't let him lead you let him lead he will catch you.

Floyd isn't a great counterpuncher, he just knows how to time you. He's very intelligent. He sees the way you shift your weight and knows that the straight right is coming. He sees you pawing the jab he knows how to loop over with the overhand right. He always has the initiative in each of his fights because his opponents know and are intimidated by his style.

Grab the initiative and he can't hit you don't stand in front of him and wait.

If I were Roach I'd tell Manny to start hot right out of the gate. Hit anything, arms, shoulders, body, anything you can hit and get ahead on the cards. You'll get 3-4 rounds easily. Watch Floyd re-adjust for two rounds and try to time Manny. By then you change tactics and start tying up his feet. Have Manny turn him and cut the ring off and confuse Floyd. By round 9 Floyd will be down a lot of rounds and will become desperate. I've never seen Floyd desperate, but I've never seen him go beast mode too. So maybe he'll fight stupid when he's down on the cards.

This is the exact same feeling when Barrera fought Manny. Everyone was saying how so much better Barrera was and how Manny didn't have a chance. Nobody that knew boxing bet on Manny, except me lol. Manny has this.

Could be scared ...

But i think there is more pressure on mayweather than manny to win this one ....

It seems the underdog is now the fan favorite. Quite an unusual position for gfloyd to be in.

The pressure is definitely on Floyd.

If he loses, his claim to be the best ever is suddenly under suspicion.

All the claims of cherry picking his opponents would suddenly gain more traction.

And he won't have a line anymore. 47-1 doesn't have quite the same ring to it

So amped up for this!

Re-watched the Floyd x Maidana fight

And I believe that Manny has more than a 75% chance of taking this.

Floyd looked slower than usual vs Maidana. And what's telling is the fact that he gets caught if you throw combinations. If you don't let him lead you let him lead he will catch you.

Floyd isn't a great counterpuncher, he just knows how to time you. He's very intelligent. He sees the way you shift your weight and knows that the straight right is coming. He sees you pawing the jab he knows how to loop over with the overhand right. He always has the initiative in each of his fights because his opponents know and are intimidated by his style.

Grab the initiative and he can't hit you don't stand in front of him and wait.

If I were Roach I'd tell Manny to start hot right out of the gate. Hit anything, arms, shoulders, body, anything you can hit and get ahead on the cards. You'll get 3-4 rounds easily. Watch Floyd re-adjust for two rounds and try to time Manny. By then you change tactics and start tying up his feet. Have Manny turn him and cut the ring off and confuse Floyd. By round 9 Floyd will be down a lot of rounds and will become desperate. I've never seen Floyd desperate, but I've never seen him go beast mode too. So maybe he'll fight stupid when he's down on the cards.

This is the exact same feeling when Barrera fought Manny. Everyone was saying how so much better Barrera was and how Manny didn't have a chance. Nobody that knew boxing bet on Manny, except me lol. Manny has this.

I think the key to victory for manny is to be able to continuously put the pressure on floyd as well as to be able to connect early.

I do expect floyd to clinch a lot when manny is at close range. Gagamit ng sandamukal na gulang yan.

Manny to be able to win this fight must show his A game similar to what he did for Dela Hoya, Cotto and Margarito. These 3 boxers are natural super welterweight. if he can demolish these 3 guys, he can do the same thing for natural welterweight like Mayweather.

I think floyd is better than the 3 you mentioned when manny faced them. They were bigger and slower as compared to floyd too. This means manny's punches has a better chance of hurting floyd but floyd speed will make him a more difficult "moving" target.

I think the key to victory for manny is to be able to continuously put the pressure on floyd as well as to be able to connect early.

I do expect floyd to clinch a lot when manny is at close range. Gagamit ng sandamukal na gulang yan.

i expect this, especially that Kenny Bayless will be reffing this match.

I'm actually surprised Roach didn't veto the Bayless pick.

I like the aura of pacman going into this fight .... Very relax/loose.

Si mayweather seems to be acting a bit strange if you compare his demeanor in previous fights.

This was his answer

The thing is, you are all taking his antics way too seriously. You have to understand, most of what you see of Floyd is Floyd being a character. A villain. Parang WWE. Remember most of what you see in WWE is fake, but its sure as hell entertaining because it has characters in them. When he fought Ortiz, When he fought Guerrero, Floyd did plenty of trash talking because these opponents were not popular. And it worked, kasi kumita yung laban.

Now look at what happened when Manny fought Algieri. Kumita ba laban? Hindi! Because there was nothing really that made the whole matchup interesting. Aligieri was a sitting duck, he lacked experience in championship fights. And Manny didn't seem to be interested in Algieri in any particular way outside the ring.

Mike orchestrated that brawl during the Lennox fight. Why? because it would make the fight bigger. And did it? It surpassed the PPV records at the time.

Say what you want about Floyd. But he has been beating world champions, and he does bring the money. Other guys wanna copy the blueprint but aint got really nothing to show for. Like this guy Shannon Briggs who keeps harassing Wladimir Klitschko. He is simply broke thats why he has been stalking him around. check this out.

Edited by Edmund Dantes

This was his answer

The thing is, you are all taking his antics way too seriously. You have to understand, most of what you see of Floyd is Floyd being a character. A villain. Parang WWE. Remember most of what you see in WWE is fake, but its sure as hell entertaining because it has characters in them. When he fought Ortiz, When he fought Guerrero, Floyd did plenty of trash talking because these opponents were not popular. And it worked, kasi kumita yung laban.

Now look at what happened when Manny fought Algieri. Kumita ba laban? Hindi! Because there was nothing really that made the whole matchup interesting. Aligieri was a sitting duck, he lacked experience in championship fights. And Manny didn't seem to be interested in Algieri in any particular way outside the ring.

Mike orchestrated that brawl during the Lennox fight. Why? because it would make the fight bigger. And did it? It surpassed the PPV records at the time.

Say what you want about Floyd. But he has been beating world champions, and he does bring the money. Other guys wanna copy the blueprint but aint got really nothing to show for. Like this guy Shannon Briggs who keeps harassing Wladimir Klitschko. He is simply broke thats why he has been stalking him around. check this out.

I am not even talking about his trash talking. He just suddenly become a bit quiet and formal. Walang angas.

And you believe he will admit it publicly if he is afraid ... Assuming he really is?

Come on even a 100 to 1 underdog will say he will defeat the champ!

If he wins and suddenly acts the way he normally does ... Alam na!

I am not even talking about his trash talking. He just suddenly become a bit quiet and formal. Walang angas.

And you believe he will admit it publicly if he is afraid ... Assuming he really is?

Come on even a 100 to 1 underdog will say he will defeat the champ!

If he wins and suddenly acts the way he normally does ... Alam na!

That is just pure assumption brother. That he is actually scared that is why he is quiet. And the only reason you wanna assume this is because he irritates you a lot. Probably, you were one of those who also believed this fight is not gonna happen because of him. But as it turned out, he was the one who went to Pacquiao's suite at 1AM to negotiate the fight and still weeks later, the fight contracts were signed. And still people wanna assume he is scared. Its understandable, thats what happens if you are the villain. People love to assume you are a coward, and pray to the high heavens you'd be spanked.

Nonetheless, Floyd is a villain who does have something to show for. Hindi naman kagaya ni Shannon Briggs na puro circus act lang, o kaya ni Broner na bugbug naman kay Maidana

But the question is, if he does win this fight convincingly and legitimately, will you finally give him AT LEAST some benefit of your doubt? Will you give him the credit or respect he deserves AT LEAST as an athlete?

Ako sinabi ko na ha. Mayweather ako. Kung matalo ako, eh di congratulations sa inyo. Full credit to Pacquiao. Lets hope you guys will be gracious winners and losers yourselves.

That is just pure assumption brother. That he is actually scared that is why he is quiet. And the only reason you wanna assume this is because he irritates you a lot. Probably, you were one of those who also believed this fight is not gonna happen because of him. But as it turned out, he was the one who went to Pacquiao's suite at 1AM to negotiate the fight and still weeks later, the fight contracts were signed. And still people wanna assume he is scared. Its understandable, thats what happens if you are the villain. People love to assume you are a coward, and pray to the high heavens you'd be spanked.

Nonetheless, Floyd is a villain who does have something to show for. Hindi naman kagaya ni Shannon Briggs na puro circus act lang, o kaya ni Broner na bugbug naman kay Maidana

But the question is, if he does win this fight convincingly and legitimately, will you finally give him AT LEAST some benefit of your doubt? Will you give him the credit or respect he deserves AT LEAST as an athlete?

Ako sinabi ko na ha. Mayweather ako. Kung matalo ako, eh di congratulations sa inyo. Full credit to Pacquiao. Lets hope you guys will be gracious winners and losers yourselves.

Acting up again dude? The fact is your are the one making all the assumptions here .. With floyd feelings as well as how people feel towards him.

Just back read a bit and you will be able to see that i said i really don't know whether he is scared or not. But the fact is based on what i've observed is wala un angas niya. Why? Well your guess is as good as mine. On the other hand Manny is really cool and relax...a good sign if you ask me.

Whoever wins, i think all are winners...both fighters are richer while the fans get to see the fight they want to see. I just have a feeling that this may not be the only may-pac fight. Too much money to be made again.

Acting up again dude? The fact is your are the one making all the assumptions here .. With floyd feelings as well as how people feel towards him.

Just back read a bit and you will be able to see that i said i really don't know whether he is scared or not. But the fact is based on what i've observed is wala un angas niya. Why? Well your guess is as good as mine. On the other hand Manny is really cool and relax...a good sign if you ask me.

Whoever wins, i think all are winners...both fighters are richer while the fans get to see the fight they want to see. I just have a feeling that this may not be the only may-pac fight. Too much money to be made again.

Eh kasi naman pre, ikaw naman yung nagbring up nung issue dito ng pagiging takot. Ikaw at yung isa dyan. Meron ka pang sinabi na di naman sya aamin kung totoo ngang takot sya. So reading between the lines, nagmumukhang you are not giving him any benefit of the doubt.

Kung tutuusin, wala rin masyado syang trash talk noon kay Marquez na madali nya lang tinalo. Wala din gaano kay Miguel Cotto. Personally, nakakamiss yung kontrabida na Floyd. Yung tipong inis na inis ka bago sa laban at pag nasasapak sya gigil na gigil ka. Parang nung nanood ako ng Mayweather Mosley. Nung napuruhan sya ni Mosley, me sumigaw ng "Patayin mo na! Yabang kasi ng gagong yan!". Pero tama naman sya eh, there is no need to spew trash and be the badboy. People will wanna see this fight regardless.

Sakin, regardless who wins, full credit na lang to the winner. Arguably they are two of the best in this era. Who ever wins deserves to be awarded that.

Eh kasi naman pre, ikaw naman yung nagbring up nung issue dito ng pagiging takot. Ikaw at yung isa dyan. Meron ka pang sinabi na di naman sya aamin kung totoo ngang takot sya. So reading between the lines, nagmumukhang you are not giving him any benefit of the doubt.

Kung tutuusin, wala rin masyado syang trash talk noon kay Marquez na madali nya lang tinalo. Wala din gaano kay Miguel Cotto. Personally, nakakamiss yung kontrabida na Floyd. Yung tipong inis na inis ka bago sa laban at pag nasasapak sya gigil na gigil ka. Parang nung nanood ako ng Mayweather Mosley. Nung napuruhan sya ni Mosley, me sumigaw ng "Patayin mo na! Yabang kasi ng gagong yan!". Pero tama naman sya eh, there is no need to spew trash and be the badboy. People will wanna see this fight regardless.

Sakin, regardless who wins, full credit na lang to the winner. Arguably they are two of the best in this era. Who ever wins deserves to be awarded that.

Eh kasi...eh kasi...sablay naman pinagsasabi mo.

Hinay hinay lang pre...masyado kang OA para sa idol mo.

Eh kasi...eh kasi...sablay naman pinagsasabi mo.

Hinay hinay lang pre...masyado kang OA para sa idol mo.

Hindi ako OA parekoy,

Naiintindihan ko nga na sporting event lang ito. Kung si Mayweather yung Pilipino kanya pa din ako pupusta and I bet the same goes sa karamihan ng Pacquiao fans dito. lol. Kung si Provodnikov kalaban ni Manny, o kaya si Khan, Berto, o kahit pa si Kell Brook, kay Manny ako tataya.

Naiintindihan ko din kung bakit ganyan yung demeanor ni Floyd. Tama rin naman sya. Kelangan me kontrabida para mas may drama. Para mas may reason yung mga tao manood. Tignan mo Pacquiao Algieri, di naging PPV success masyado. Kasi naman anong interesting kay Algieri? Anong interesting sa matchup? Alam naman ng lahat na inexperienced na kalaban ito. Pero kung kunwari inapi api muna ito ni Pacquiao, nilait lait, eh di me mga taong magsasabi na.... "Yabang naman ni Pacquiao, sana upakan ito ng mabawasan kayabangan". Yun lang yun pre.

Naiintindihan ko din kayo kung bakit gusto nyo si Manny manalo. Nirerespeto ko nga yun eh.

Anyway bukas na yung laban. Sabi ko ng paulit ulit dito, Mayweather ako. Pero kung manalo si Pacquiao, handa kong tanggapin yun at ibigay full credit sa kanya. Ang tanong pre, kung si Pacquiao matalo, kaya mo ba tanggapin? Yung tipong wala yung "lucky punch" na palusot na yan?

Hindi ako OA parekoy,

Naiintindihan ko nga na sporting event lang ito. Kung si Mayweather yung Pilipino kanya pa din ako pupusta and I bet the same goes sa karamihan ng Pacquiao fans dito. lol. Kung si Provodnikov kalaban ni Manny, o kaya si Khan, Berto, o kahit pa si Kell Brook, kay Manny ako tataya.

Naiintindihan ko din kung bakit ganyan yung demeanor ni Floyd. Tama rin naman sya. Kelangan me kontrabida para mas may drama. Para mas may reason yung mga tao manood. Tignan mo Pacquiao Algieri, di naging PPV success masyado. Kasi naman anong interesting kay Algieri? Anong interesting sa matchup? Alam naman ng lahat na inexperienced na kalaban ito. Pero kung kunwari inapi api muna ito ni Pacquiao, nilait lait, eh di me mga taong magsasabi na.... "Yabang naman ni Pacquiao, sana upakan ito ng mabawasan kayabangan". Yun lang yun pre.

Naiintindihan ko din kayo kung bakit gusto nyo si Manny manalo. Nirerespeto ko nga yun eh.

Anyway bukas na yung laban. Sabi ko ng paulit ulit dito, Mayweather ako. Pero kung manalo si Pacquiao, handa kong tanggapin yun at ibigay full credit sa kanya. Ang tanong pre, kung si Pacquiao matalo, kaya mo ba tanggapin? Yung tipong wala yung "lucky punch" na palusot na yan?

The bad boy Mayweather is not an act. He probably exaggerates it for the crowd, but it's not an act.

As for pbf being quiet, it's not that he's scared, it's more of he doesn't know what's going to happen and he's erring on the side of caution. I don't buy the whole "this fight sells itself" act. That's just lip service for the bandwagon fans (you know, people who don't follow boxing but are suddenly TMT diehards only because he hasn't lost). The truth is he doesn't know how this goes down.

Why are you pre-empting people's excuses? It's annoying. We get it you're a Mayweather fair weather fan. Seriously, nobody's even disputing that. We're not even calling you out on it. But every damn day it's 'I hope when Pacquiao loses blah blah blah' it's old and played out and means f#&k all.

Seriously get rid of that chip on your shoulder, get off your soapbox and shut the f#&k up. It's super annoying when people lecture you needlessly and with passion.

I agree, after watching one of the interviews of Mayweather while he was a young fighter, I was convinced that he is really naturally "angas", he uses it however, to his advantage, which is to hype up the fights, which isn't a bad thing.... for him.

I'm just happy that finally tomorrow we'll be able to put an end to this debate... I hope, wag lang sana Draw! or should we put money on "draw"? Wag na!

I agree, after watching one of the interviews of Mayweather while he was a young fighter, I was convinced that he is really naturally "angas", he uses it however, to his advantage, which is to hype up the fights, which isn't a bad thing.... for him.

I'm just happy that finally tomorrow we'll be able to put an end to this debate... I hope, wag lang sana Draw! or should we put money on "draw"? Wag na!

Yep let this fight end all the debates and respect the outcome. Its just sports at the end of the day

The bad boy Mayweather is not an act. He probably exaggerates it for the crowd, but it's not an act.

As for pbf being quiet, it's not that he's scared, it's more of he doesn't know what's going to happen and he's erring on the side of caution. I don't buy the whole "this fight sells itself" act. That's just lip service for the bandwagon fans (you know, people who don't follow boxing but are suddenly TMT diehards only because he hasn't lost). The truth is he doesn't know how this goes down.

Why are you pre-empting people's excuses? It's annoying. We get it you're a Mayweather fair weather fan. Seriously, nobody's even disputing that. We're not even calling you out on it. But every damn day it's 'I hope when Pacquiao loses blah blah blah' it's old and played out and means f#&k all.

Seriously get rid of that chip on your shoulder, get off your soapbox and shut the f#&k up. It's super annoying when people lecture you needlessly and with passion.

come on Larry! lets not act juvenile here. Think of it this way you had your fun beating my ass over my inferior knowledge about the sport etc. (though at least half of the people here pro or anti pacquiao havent really boxed before). My point is, where is the fun when everyone just has to agree? I respected everyone has to say about it though I argue with them, let me just say what I want to. It aint gonna matter when Pacquiao wins right? In fact, all the more its gonna be sweeeeeeeeeeter for you guys.

Tell you what, if tomorrow you are right, I am gonna show up here so you and other guys can throw a punch on my gutt. If Mayweather wins...... well Imma just be a gracious winner.

Because at the end of the day this is just a sporting event to me. Hey I lost a bet at the 2014 world cup and life goes on. You wanna keep hating on me or Mayweather? Then thats on you.

Yep let this fight end all the debates and respect the outcome. Its just sports at the end of the day

come on Larry! lets not act juvenile here. Think of it this way you had your fun beating my ass over my inferior knowledge about the sport etc. (though at least half of the people here pro or anti pacquiao havent really boxed before). My point is, where is the fun when everyone just has to agree? I respected everyone has to say about it though I argue with them, let me just say what I want to. It aint gonna matter when Pacquiao wins right? In fact, all the more its gonna be sweeeeeeeeeeter for you guys.

Tell you what, if tomorrow you are right, I am gonna show up here so you and other guys can throw a punch on my gutt. If Mayweather wins...... well Imma just be a gracious winner.

Because at the end of the day this is just a sporting event to me. Hey I lost a bet at the 2014 world cup and life goes on. You wanna keep hating on me or Mayweather? Then thats on you.

You don't have to act like a douchebag while doing it.

I don't hate you, you're just annoying. Like a little kid trying to impress the adults.

And I don't really give a f#&k if you show up or not. I just wish you'd stop being annoying.

You don't have to act like a douchebag while doing it.

I don't hate you, you're just annoying. Like a little kid trying to impress the adults.

And I don't really give a f#&k if you show up or not. I just wish you'd stop being annoying.

Well I can waste time explaining why I am not, but still you are gonna believe what you want to, so Ill let you be. All that matters is the results tomorrow.

Like I said, its just sports nothing more. Life goes on.

• Like (+1) 1

Hindi ako OA parekoy,

Blah blah blah blah blah .... Paulit ulit na tulad ng isang sirang plaka.