Apple iPad

yes, this is true, you can actually bring a new mac or a laptop brand new on a box, along with your bag sa airport arrival, in case mag insist ang customs, magbayad ka ng tax (EVAT 12%) kasi 0% tariff ng computer.

The problem is the customs might valuate the Ipad at P1,000,000 and demand P120,000 in taxes.

got an ipad 3g, the micro sim from at&t was included, i had it jailbreaked at greenhills

now im using a prepaid globe sim which i had it cut on to fit the sim housing

have installed a wifi router on my room now, were more comfortable using the ipad compared with the laptop

also battery life for the ipad is much longer compared to laptop

got an ipad 3g, the micro sim from at&t was included, i had it jailbreaked at greenhills

now im using a prepaid globe sim which i had it cut on to fit the sim housing

have installed a wifi router on my room now, were more comfortable using the ipad compared with the laptop

also battery life for the ipad is much longer compared to laptop

How much bili mo Sir?

mga pre I'm having some trouble printing legal documents from my iPad;

we bought a Canon MX-series WIFI printer supposedly for my iPad.. I downloaded the "PrintCentral" program and "WePrint" para nga makapag-print ako sa Canon..

Everything went smoothly, I was able to print my documents from my iPad..ang problem ko is that most of the documents were written using the "Pages" program, which uses paper sizes A4 and Letter only (I need to print these documents on legal-size paper which is 13" x 8.5"); I use the A4 size which is longer..Also you cannot print the documents (in .pages format) directly from the "Pages" program; what I do is that I send these documents as e-mail attachments (thus converting .pages documents into either as PDF or as .DOC) to myself, access my gmail, then open the attachments in "PrintCentral"..kaya lang when I print them up on a legal size paper napakalaki ng blank space at the bottom (can't edit my documents in PrintCentral)..also, the process of converting .pages documents into PDF or .DOC files (via gmail attachments) is a bit time-consuming..

So ask ko lang:

1) is there an iPad program that can import ".pages" documents, allow me to edit the documents (e.g. paper size of 8.5" x 13", etc.), and save/export the documents as ".Doc" files?..(so that I won't need an internet connection anymore to use my gmail as transfer point);

2)is there another iPad word processor program altogether that approximates the user interface in Microsoft Word, allows me to create legal documents on legal-size paper, and save them as .doc files? The "Pages" program kasi is good kaya lang aside from the limited paper-size that it allow (A4 and Letter) it does not provide function for printing wirelessly e ("PrintCentral" kasi is unable to open ".pages" documents for printing)..

***(I tried using Docs-To-Go; kaya lang pangit yung user interface nya, walang ruler, mga function buttons for blod, italics, underline, etc., walang tabs, etc.)

and..

3)my brother kasi is wooeing me into selling my Canon MX-series sa kanya (gulang talaga, hehehe)..just wanna ask anybody who owns an iPad as to what are their printing experiences with HP's D5660 (or D5560? not sure kung alin dun ang tamang designation) WIFI printer? (cheaper kasi ang HP kaya ipangreregalo ko sa kapatid kong magulang, hehehe)

Thanks!

Edited by Fusarium_jimini

BTW, yung bang mga quoted price ng iPad dito official selling rate na sa atin or grey market rate ito? alam ko kasi Apple has no plans launching it here.. sa mahal yung mga rates dito..magpabili na lang kayo (I think my 16GiG costs only around 20-25k ata, courtesy of my utol, hehehe)..hindi mo naman kelangan ang 3Gna iPad, what with the lousy 3G service of the telcos here, saka mabibilis at naglipana naman mga free WIFI hotspots sa metro manila..

mga pre I'm having some trouble printing legal documents from my iPad;

we bought a Canon MX-series WIFI printer supposedly for my iPad.. I downloaded the "PrintCentral" program and "WePrint" para nga makapag-print ako sa Canon..

Everything went smoothly, I was able to print my documents from my iPad..ang problem ko is that most of the documents were written using the "Pages" program, which uses paper sizes A4 and Letter only (I need to print these documents on legal-size paper which is 13" x 8.5"); I use the A4 size which is longer..Also you cannot print the documents (in .pages format) directly from the "Pages" program; what I do is that I send these documents as e-mail attachments (thus converting .pages documents into either as PDF or as .DOC) to myself, access my gmail, then open the attachments in "PrintCentral"..kaya lang when I print them up on a legal size paper napakalaki ng blank space at the bottom (can't edit my documents in PrintCentral)..also, the process of converting .pages documents into PDF or .DOC files (via gmail attachments) is a bit time-consuming..

So ask ko lang:

1) is there an iPad program that can import ".pages" documents, allow me to edit the documents (e.g. paper size of 8.5" x 13", etc.), and save/export the documents as ".Doc" files?..(so that I won't need an internet connection anymore to use my gmail as transfer point);

2)is there another iPad word processor program altogether that approximates the user interface in Microsoft Word, allows me to create legal documents on legal-size paper, and save them as .doc files? The "Pages" program kasi is good kaya lang aside from the limited paper-size that it allow (A4 and Letter) it does not provide function for printing wirelessly e ("PrintCentral" kasi is unable to open ".pages" documents for printing)..

***(I tried using Docs-To-Go; kaya lang pangit yung user interface nya, walang ruler, mga function buttons for blod, italics, underline, etc., walang tabs, etc.)

and..

3)my brother kasi is wooeing me into selling my Canon MX-series sa kanya (gulang talaga, hehehe)..just wanna ask anybody who owns an iPad as to what are their printing experiences with HP's D5660 (or D5560? not sure kung alin dun ang tamang designation) WIFI printer? (cheaper kasi ang HP kaya ipangreregalo ko sa kapatid kong magulang, hehehe)

Thanks!

iWork for iOS has full support for opening and saving Pages documents as Word-compatible .doc files. I've been doing it all along. Sending a document as an attachment is as easy as pressing the Export icon on the home screen. At this time, you can choose to send it as a Microsoft Word Document (DOC), Pages document, or PDF.

BTW, yung bang mga quoted price ng iPad dito official selling rate na sa atin or grey market rate ito? alam ko kasi Apple has no plans launching it here.. sa mahal yung mga rates dito..magpabili na lang kayo (I think my 16GiG costs only around 20-25k ata, courtesy of my utol, hehehe)..hindi mo naman kelangan ang 3Gna iPad, what with the lousy 3G service of the telcos here, saka mabibilis at naglipana naman mga free WIFI hotspots sa metro manila..

globe telecom will be coming out with iPad units later this year. Abangan!

• 3 weeks later...

Tried to buy prepaid Smart micro SIM for my iPad, which is supposed to be available already but was told by the retailer it is only available for postpaid. Can anyone confirm this? TIA

That is correct oedipi. Smart Bro and Globe came out with their microsim data plan only post paid plans. P999/month.

That is correct oedipi. Smart Bro and Globe came out with their microsim data plan only post paid plans. P999/month.

Thanks for the info. I ended up buying a prepaid SIM and cutting it down to size. Okay naman. The problem is that it turns out the iPad has a problem with its WiFi. The instance I use 3G to surf, the next time I try to use WiFi, the iPad can no longer connect to the network. It sees it but somehow does not connect. I need to reset every time to enable WiFi. Bummer.

• 2 weeks later...