Apple iPad

• 1 month later...

Got an iPad last Christmas. Did not even open the box unti After new year as I wasn't a big apple fan. Even had a hard time activating my iPad due to the need to download the latest OS version. My initial comment was this was a glorified iPod touch that got bigger. A few days after browsing through the Apps Store did I realize the potential uses. Looked for free applications that I can use and viola, I never leave home with it. Used it to show my e-ticket at the airport. Kept me awake replying or posting comments in MTC.

I'll definitely get the latest iteration as this is a massive improvement of specs for the 1st gen.

yup ipad2 just was just released here in the philippines.. you can order in http://store.apple.com.ph.. surprisingly.. their prices now are cheaper compared to singapore (which sold the cheapest ipad and iphone4 when they were first released)..

this comes with free shipping and engraving.. shipping takes around 3 weeks tho..

you can buy them now in any mac centers or certified apple distributors, same price found in the website.. :D

A year ago, they called it a toy. An oversized iPod Touch. They declared it one of Apple's follies that would get eaten alive by netbooks that had more featrures and more versatility.

A year later, they are calling this the age of the iPad.

Microsoft said today that the consumer PC market declined 8 percent in the most recent quarter and part of that was due to "a 40 percent decline in Netbooks," according to a statement by Bill Koefoed, general manager of investor relations, during the earnings conference call.

Read it all here.

Owning an IPAD is a lifestyle. If you start enumerating its functions vis-a-vis the netbooks, laptops, ipods, then you won't ever buy an IPAD.

I remember the first time I got an IPAD. It was a gift from my mom for my birthday. I didn't open it for 2 weeks. I reckon that I don't really need another gadget. I have macbook, iphone , so what more do i need? But when I opened my IPAD, I can never imagine my life without having an IPAD. Im stingy. I don't like spending. But if I lose my IPAD, I will not think twice about buying its replacement.

So how does my IPAD fit into my life?

1) When i wake up in the morning, I quickly check the list of stocks I have and its current prices and my net profit / net position. In one glance , I can see what is net lose/profit. I don't need to open my laptop and open the website and see the current prices of stocks.

2) In one click, I see the major news for the day , from Inquirer, to CNN, Bloomberg, etc.

3) I log in to my YM and see who i need to talk online.

4) As I take a bath, I open the Ipod function and play my music list.

5) When I have free time, I play my favorite games in the car or the restaurant.

6) I also read the latest books using my IPAD.

7) In one click, I can check my mails in various site like gmail, yahoo, etc. IT will download all mails in one platform. I don't have to open gmail.com. or yahoo.com to open my mail. It will just automatically download the mails in one press of a button.

8) When I travel, I bring my IPAD everywhere. Its not as heavy as a laptop and i can just put it inside my handbag.

9) I can even make FREE CAlls via the application VIBER. As long as you are on WIFI and your friend is also on WIFI , you can talk each other for free. This is also applicable to IPhones.

The IPAD is different for everyone. When you open the ITUNES, you can download applications that will suit your lifestyle, your interests and your needs.

how do you convert dvds to ipad?

there are numerous freeware on the internet of which you can do that ...... backread a page or two as I believe a fellow mtc member has posted a link.

in my case, I don't own much DVDs anymore. Most of my movies or videos are downloaded via torrents and are mostly in DivX or .avi format. There are also freewares available that can convert said videos into ipad compatible format.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...