Do You Have The Time?

bonito99

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a Swatch and a Cartier from my mom for everyday wear.

My favorite timepiece though is a silver clock with almost a Victorian air to it. It hangs on a simple silver chain, and I rarely use because when my mother gave it to me when I graduated she said she'd k*ll me if I lose it.

(In different terms of course, but hey I get the idea.)

just had my '94 two tone speedmaster date serviced in hongkong since service center in manila is incompetent and intolerable. bought a sandoz submariner as a everyday beater watch at less than PHP 5,000. better than spilling out more than 200k for a rolex sub and just keeping it at home. i wish the philippines had a wider range of watches. saw a lot of ellese watches there but just didnt suit my taste.

is it true that timex watches sold in the phils are of inferior quality(same model, class B) compared to those sold in U.S.?

id say theyre the same. all timex-es are made in cebu eh :)

speaking of timex im so into timex :lol: iv a timex expedition divers watch w/ velcro straps for everyday wear, 2 timex big face watches w/ white face and big numbers (one metal strap and one bracelet type) for dressier wear

i also still use an old guess watch w/ a braided leather strap .. and a square, gray kenneth cole w/ a brown leather strap. ive one guess pseudo divers watch that i dont like that much cause it has gold detail and an all silver brown faced fossil pseudo divers watch.

i gave away my kinetic to my ate before i left manila.

as you can see im not into european or name brand or expensive watches ... i guess at this point i cant afford em yet.

as you can see im not into european or name brand or expensive watches ... i guess at this point i cant afford em yet. [/size][/color][/font]

though often associated , properties of watches like name brand, european and expensive are not mutually exclusive. there are many quality swiss name brands with affordable price tags like swatch group watches(tissot, swatch, oris, etc.). and there are those name brands which use hk, japanese or lower-end swiss movements (guy laroche, charles jourdan, fossil, guess, elle, pierre cardin etc.) a seiko kinetic or citizen ecodrive could fetch a higher price than a tissot, mido or olma. its not a matter of whether you could afford it or not, but of how badly you want a certain watch. in the end, it is YOUR satisfaction in the time-keeping and aethetic qualities that count the most. you could be buying all the rolex or omega lookalikes, but deep inside you'll be yearning for the real thing and probably save money for it no matter how long the saving time will take. or you could think of a watch as a mere functional instrument with no asthetic or artistic value and be content with a mcdonald's watch. if your heart pumps the fastest with your timex, a rolex or a patek, then so be it.

meanwhile, your timex keeps good time, just as the rolex the lady next to you wears. wear it in good health.