Do You Have The Time?

bonito99

for someone who doesn't like wearing watches because she doesn't like being reminded of the time, i realized i have quite a collection on my hands... maybe i should sell? :unsure:

-cartier pasha and tank francais

-omega constellation

-bulgari (don't know what kind but it's black leather-strapped)

-technomarine (1 white and 1 pink)

-hermes (the double strappy kind--it's brown)

hmmm... or maybe i should just start wearing them again. i just can't stand to be reminded that i'm running out of time... :D

Pm me with a price list and pics if possible. Really interested in the Cartier and the Hermes. All authentic right? :unsure:

Atong,

Don't you have a Cartier Santos for sale? or is it that you know someone who is selling? How much ? Also do you have anything for trade/swap? All of my watches posted here are available for trade/swap except the Rolex black face and the B&M chrono. No cellphones please. Thanks!

ever tried cleaning your watch inside a ultrasonic cleaner used by optometrists for eyeglasses? the idea just crossed my mind. wonder if it would damage or misalign any parts of the movement.

I don't see why not. Unless your watch is not waterproof. These ultrasonic cleaners are also used to clean jewelry. But cleaning a watch by hand with a soft lint free polishing cloth should be the safest and best way. You can also use an electric polisher, but be careful on the settings. You can easily damage the crystal, expensive to replace specially if it's sapphire or in the worse case scenario, you can injure yourself if proper precautions are not taken. If you have a friend who's dentist, a dental handpiece with the proper attachment would also work out slick. The best would be if you know someone who owns or works in a dental lab. You can take a POS looking watch and bring it to a like new condition with all of the polishing tools in a dental lab. Hope this information was useful!

Hi pokpok, as promised.... here are my sweeties...i scanned them na lang kaya reso not so good.

i envy you. these babies are two of the most elegant and classic rolex models ever made. on the downside, their popularity also causes these to be the most copied models. aint you proud of wearing these rollies knowing the guy next to you has a replica?

I don't see why not. Unless your watch is not waterproof. These ultrasonic cleaners are also used to clean jewelry. But cleaning a watch by hand with a soft lint free polishing cloth should be the safest and best way. You can also use an electric polisher, but be careful on the settings. You can easily damage the crystal, expensive to replace specially if it's sapphire or in the worse case scenario, you can injure yourself if proper precautions are not taken. If you have a friend who's dentist, a dental handpiece with the proper attachment would also work out slick. The best would be if you know someone who owns or works in a dental lab. You can take a POS looking watch and bring it to a like new condition with all of the polishing tools in a dental lab. Hope this information was useful!

heard of someone polishing his own seamaster and wound up having a fully glossy bracelet. unless skilled, it isnt quite wise to tamper with matte/gloosy stainless polishings.

re: cloth. it is sometimes hard to take away stubborn marks and smudges with a dry cloth.

my favorite is brand Rolex and I love my submariner and 2 tone datejust. But I think I am ready to graduate from rolex and move on to patek philippe... i'd probably sell the datejust and save up the rest to buy a calatrava.

The sub I will never let go.. it is such a classic and so super suwerte sa chicks

if your selling your datejust, im interested. just pm me.

Atong,

Don't you have a Cartier Santos for sale? or is it that you know someone who is selling? How much ? Also do you have anything for trade/swap? All of my watches posted here are available for trade/swap except the Rolex black face and the B&M chrono. No cellphones please. Thanks!

i inquired with my friends re: santos. these are hard to get as they have quite a following these days.

i have an oris artelier moonphase watch bought early this april with undated papers and a gucci ladies watch which was bought 4 years ago but still unworn. are you planning to trade your white face roman rollie? pls. pm me to discuss trade possibilities

post-52-1095521105.jpg

if your selling your datejust, im interested. just pm me.

Hey Atong,

I will sure keep you in mind...but you know how it is ...this vice of ours....it is really hard to let go of any of them and much easier to just add to the collection.....much like girlfriends...oops!! JOKE!!! didn't mean it...

in any case if you come across any patek calatrava less than 10 years old maybe you could post a pic... thanks man!

Atong Ang,

Please help me find a 2000-up Rolex Cosmograph Daytona 2-tone, white or steel dial will do. I'd like to add this to my collection. Thanks!

that is one tough nut to crack. almost all who have bought it want to keep it. and these are not ordinary people who save up for it and dont have the need to sell

Atong: how do you base the book value or fair market value of rolexes?

I'd like to appraise my GMT1 :)

2tone

black dial/bezel gold raised markers

jubillee bracelet

Thanks!

depends on many factors, year model, whether sapphire or acrylic, condition of dial, with lug holes or not, tightness of the bracelet, scratches, etc. i'm not very familiar with prices of vintage rolexes but i normally see plastic crystal datejusts selling in the 50k-100k range.

on appraisal, i think there are books on watch prices and values but i'm not sure if they're available locally.

Atong,

my friend is selling ALL STAINLESS STEEL MID-SIZED WATCH with a ROMAN NUMERAL DIAL. 31mm (including crown) x 38mm (lug to lug). will approximately fit a 6.75 inch wrist, Minor wear on BAND. Dial has been REDONE

post-52-1095823569.jpg