Do You Have The Time?

bonito99

re: technomarine

Kanyakanyang taste yan. Personally, I feel that kind of watch is too overpriced.

what's inside a technomarine? i think the overpricing comes with the fashion fad. strike while the iron is hot.

as to diamonds and gold in watches, they are really overpriced with regards to the actual price of these elements individually. a gram of gold in a watch may command up to ten times the price of gold in its pure unfinished state. if you really want gold or diamonds, just buy a necklace or ring.

bonito99,

am just lucky, my dad loves and collects watches, after buying and wearing it for a couple of times he keeps it already. once i see that he doesn't use it anymore, i "borrow" it and don't return it back. :evil:

better buy some fake watches as dummies and switch it with the ones you 'borrowed'; if he's a collector, he's bound to check his collection out once in a while.

So did Timex when it began distributing through non-conventional venues like drugstores, supermarkets, etc.

But Swatch did teach Seiko, Timex, and the like a lesson or two...

When Seiko and Citizen outsold all of the swiss watchmakers combined, some had to merge to survive. Seiko and Citizen was dominant. Tissot, Rado, Omega, Longines, Blancpain, Hamilton went to a publicly owned consortium. Probably has something to do with the current resale of these watches.

I don't think Timex had the same effect. I wouldn't call Timex dominant at anytime.

Swatch was a rare swiss watch success story in that it profited making quartz watches. The lesson was to the swiss industry who tried to compete with seiko et all with quartz, but was not competitive due to it's high price. Seiko and Citizen had a different target market compared to Swatch.

When Seiko and Citizen outsold all of the swiss watchmakers combined, some had to merge to survive.  Seiko and Citizen was dominant.  Tissot, Rado, Omega, Longines, Blancpain, Hamilton went to a publicly owned consortium.  Probably has something to do with the current resale of these watches. 

I don't think Timex had the same effect. I wouldn't call Timex dominant at anytime.

Swatch was a rare swiss watch success story in that it profited making quartz watches.  The lesson was to the swiss industry who tried to compete with seiko et all with quartz, but was not competitive due to it's high price.  Seiko and Citizen had a different target market compared to Swatch.

i think swatch targeted the younger market which had a more potential future buying power. i didnt think they were after the immediate sales but more on the reintroduction of swiss watches in terms of quartz

atong ang,

"borrowed" with consent yun, he knows that when i borrow, it does not comeback to his safe anymore. pero mabait naman ako, returned a watch to him a few months back kahit hindi niya hinahanap, it was a rolex solid gold yacht master, mens,. ;)

re your other query:

-men's stainless steel jubillee bracelet, blue face with date.

-men's explorer 1

-men's solid gold, president bracelet, bark finish, day and date.

-men's white gold, president bracelet, bark finish, day and date, with diamonds sa hour marks.

atong ang,

"borrowed" with consent yun, he knows that when i borrow, it does not comeback to his safe anymore. pero mabait naman ako, returned a watch to him a few months back kahit hindi niya hinahanap, it was a rolex solid gold yacht master, mens,.    ;)

re your other query:

-men's explorer 1

-men's white gold, president bracelet, bark finish, day and date, with diamonds sa hour marks.

what a dad! most dads i know will lend you his rollies, but will expect it back in his safe or drawer the next day.

is your blue a datejust or date? roman or stick/indices markers?

atong ang,

"borrowed" with consent yun, he knows that when i borrow, it does not comeback to his safe anymore. pero mabait naman ako, returned a watch to him a few months back kahit hindi niya hinahanap, it was a rolex solid gold yacht master, mens,.    ;)

re your other query:

-men's explorer 1

what a dad! most dads i know will lend you his rollies, but will expect it back in his safe or drawer the next day.

is your blue face a datejust or date? roman or stick/indices markers?

i wouldnt touch the diamond president if i were you,

atong ang,

that's why i stated on my previous post, me and my bro's are a bit lucky when it comes to these things. 1 time lang ako tinabla ng erpat ko, nung yung hinihingi ko na yung tridor niya with diamonds, saka na daw sabi niya, enjoy muna daw niya. :P

yung blue face date lang, and sticks yung hour marks. pero may sentimental value sakin yan, it's the 1st rolex my dad gave me way back when i was in college.kaya di ko mabenta. btw, plastic lang yung lens di cristal.

what do you mean by " i wouldn't touch the diamond president if i were you"?

atong ang,

that's why i stated on my previous post, me and my bro's are a bit lucky when it comes to these things. 1 time lang ako tinabla ng erpat ko, nung yung hinihingi ko na yung tridor niya with diamonds, saka na daw sabi niya, enjoy muna daw niya.  :P

yung blue face date lang, and sticks yung hour marks. pero may sentimental value sakin yan, it's the 1st rolex my dad gave me way back when i was in college.kaya di ko mabenta. btw, plastic lang yung lens di cristal.

what do you mean by " i wouldn't touch the diamond president if i were you"?

it makes a person look kinda older. wouldnt want that, would we? :)