Do You Have The Time?

bonito99

swiss military by wenger... d best!

I have a two-toned swiss army watch, a silver swiss army with blue face, and one with a white face, and a swiss army sports watch with fabric strap, my ever dependable wenger (sak design) watch for everyday/anywhere use (swimming, climbing, gimmicks,etc..), a copper ladies swatch irony with leather strap. for the fancier occassions i wear my swarovski st. petersburg watch. i'm eyeing now a lady's oyster perpetual watch..hopefully i'll be able to buy it by next year..:) or i'll just steal my hubby's 50 year-old oyster..heheh

But i really love Swiss Army and Wenger!! very affordable and reliable.

too many swiss army watches coming out... confusing everyone. there wenger, victorinox; then there's swiss army watches (S.A.W. co.) which is reportedly made in taiwan or china using swiss movement but intended to pass off as swiss made to deceive unknowing consumers.

just make sure though that you are buying them from licensed distributor. I always check-out the store first before I buy..with so many fake watches there it's better to be careful...

I heard there's a lot of fake rolex and cartier watches with seiko 5 machines being sold in the Philippines? and if you really don't know how to spot a fake one you'll be saying goodbye to your $$$$.

just make sure though that you are buying them from licensed distributor. I always check-out the store first before I buy..with so many fake watches there it's better to be careful...

I heard there's a lot of fake rolex and cartier watches with seiko 5 machines being sold in the Philippines? and if you really don't know how to spot a fake one you'll be saying goodbye to your $$$$.

my friend bought a AAA rolex for 3.5k . i opened it up its guts and saw an Enicar movement. 2 years ago, i cracked open another friend's rolex which he bought in taiwan for around PHP10k. the movement was properly signed and the metal used for the movement resembled an original. if the movement was unnoticeable to a novice like me, what more to others who even dont have an idea about watch movements.

for gimmicks, i wear my omega sea master. the one james bond uses, but without the gadgets.

you have a nice watch there. too bad you dont wear it more often. though watches make a certain individual more appealing to the opposite sex, there is much more to it, like appreciating the time, effort and detail spent in designing, engineering and manufacturing it. listen to every curve and every tick. there is life beyond the chuck of metal and it is shouting out for you to wear it and display it in its grandeur. :)

for gimmicks, i wear my omega sea master. the one james bond uses, but without the gadgets.

hi there :D

i almost went for that one!!! too bad it felt kinda awkwrd n my wrist :P

went wit the speedmaster tho, omegas are cool! great precise feel without the in ur face statement a rolex makes :D

I have a two-toned swiss army watch, a silver swiss army with blue face, and one with a white face, and a swiss army sports watch with fabric strap, my ever dependable wenger (sak design) watch for everyday/anywhere use (swimming, climbing, gimmicks,etc..), a copper ladies swatch irony with leather strap. for the fancier occassions i wear my swarovski st. petersburg watch. i'm eyeing now a lady's oyster perpetual watch..hopefully i'll be able to buy it by next year..:) or i'll just steal my hubby's 50 year-old oyster..heheh

But i really love Swiss Army and Wenger!! very affordable and reliable.

damn ryt...

anyone hir knows wer 2 bring a wenger watch if i wanted 2 replace its bracelet?

you have a nice watch there. too bad you dont wear it more often. though watches make a certain individual more appealing to the opposite sex, there is much more to it, like appreciating the time, effort and detail spent in designing, engineering and manufacturing it. listen to every curve and every tick. there is life beyond the chuck of metal and it is shouting out for you to wear it and display it in its grandeur. :)

thanks, dude. i'd like to wear it more often but i find it a bit sporty for a barong clad lawyer. maybe if i bought the black one ...

damn ryt...

anyone hir knows wer 2 bring a wenger watch if i wanted 2 replace its bracelet?

I bought my Wenger 9 years ago and I haven't replaced anything yet..except the batteries.

Try checking the Website too http://www.wengerwatch.com/ for world wide partners, actually i took the liberty to look it up for you. This is their partner in the philippines.

Philippines

LA ESTRELLA DEL NORTE INC.

ledn@tri-isys.com

Amorsolo Str., Legaspi Village

2nd Flr., S-1A&B The Gallery

Makati City, Manilla

P: 00632/844 55 25

F: 00632/817 42 68

Maybe this is a store or if not you can ask them who their exclusive distributors are (jewelry stores or watch stores, etc) and hopefully you'll get a genuine Wenger bracelet.

Atong: niiiice! :)

I got a 1963 pre-moon speedy. cal.381

where can you get that sandoz Sub? how much?

bought it at shing cheong watch co., hongkong this june for around 700 HKD. that's around 5k here. the address is 355 shanghai street, yaumatei, kowloon near mtr. other shops were selling it at 800-900 HKD. it also comes in a variant of 42 mm and 38mm and other color combination of satin/polished brushed SS bezel and blue/black dial. i dont know if stores in rizal avenue have NOS which are cheaper but stores in ongpin have already run out of stock as these are highly sought after in chinatown for its reasonable price and good looks. the movement is an ETA 2836-2.

there is also a similar watch on sale pierre cardin but the center link is polished plus the crown is bigger and has applied logo, bezel dot and hour markers.

Atong Ang: I don't have any idea if they sell Alfexes here; personally, I got mine at Macy's in San Fo... <_<

Your bestest bet is to try Lucerne I guess... :)

Bonito99: Hmmm, like I said, i won't say the brand, so I guess I'm going to plead the 5th on the Roadster...;)

I have two watches I NEVER have used yet though, (it's in a "very safe place"), both given to me by my grandfather when he passed away; a Breguet Classique and a Patek Calatrava. :unsure:

Frankly speaking, I don't think I've achieved enough to have the right to wear them... :blush:

Salut.