Team Pilipinas Basketball

rakizta

Twas a reality check in the recently-concluded FIBA World... Preparation and coherence/chemistry are the keys to success.

In basketball, every team wants to make the extra pass. Every team wants to play defense as a unit. Every team wants to create open looks for easy baskets. Those things aren’t exclusive to European or African or American or Asian or Oceania teams. Basketball is teamwork whether it’s Euro ball or US ball or whatever. Teams resort to excessive dribbling, isolations and hero ball because they lack preparation. That’s the bottom line. Some teams like the Philippines will need more preparation time than others because players are used to just going up against each other in the PBA with little exposure to the advances of international basketball. It’s a reality that even the US, with no star players, must face if it hopes to return to the podium in the World Cup.

Twas a reality check in the recently-concluded FIBA World... Preparation and coherence/chemistry are the keys to success.

In basketball, every team wants to make the extra pass. Every team wants to play defense as a unit. Every team wants to create open looks for easy baskets. Those things arent exclusive to European or African or American or Asian or Oceania teams. Basketball is teamwork whether its Euro ball or US ball or whatever. Teams resort to excessive dribbling, isolations and hero ball because they lack preparation. Thats the bottom line. Some teams like the Philippines will need more preparation time than others because players are used to just going up against each other in the PBA with little exposure to the advances of international basketball. Its a reality that even the US, with no star players, must face if it hopes to return to the podium in the World Cup.

i fully agree. if there is a tournament in dribbling, pinoys should be one of the favorites.

anak ng #@*!? nagpapakahirap pa ang SBP... lumayo pa kayo nasa katipunan lang ang hinahanap niyong coach. hoy gising!!!

Tab Baldwin is the consensus choice for coach so I don't know why the SBP is looking for a European coach but if David Blatt somehow agrees to coach Gilas, I wouldn't mind. At least he won't have to deal with a diva like Lechoke James.

https://www.philstar.com/sports/2019/09/18/1952915/how-about-david-blatt-gilas-coach

Tab Baldwin is the consensus choice for coach so I don't know why the SBP is looking for a European coach but if David Blatt somehow agrees to coach Gilas, I wouldn't mind. At least he won't have to deal with a diva like Lechoke James.

https://www.philstar.com/sports/2019/09/18/1952915/how-about-david-blatt-gilas-coach

:D :D :D nice one chief. how about that serbian coach who just resigned? pwede kaya?

Chief, if Djordjevic did not criticize our team and said that it lacks quality, I would have been fine with him. But then again, in my opinion, Toroman or Tab is better than him.

definitely chief...coach tab or coach rajko are far better than the serbian coach. the serb just has the luxury of having an nba-filled lineup. i'm just befuddled on why the sbp brainiacs are having a hard time choosing when the best coach to handle the gilas program, at least as of this writing, is just a few kilometers away. bulag ba itong mga nasa SBP. these guys should be reading this thread :D :D :D

definitely chief...coach tab or coach rajko are far better than the serbian coach. the serb just has the luxury of having an nba-filled lineup. i'm just befuddled on why the sbp brainiacs are having a hard time choosing when the best coach to handle the gilas program, at least as of this writing, is just a few kilometers away. bulag ba itong mga nasa SBP. these guys should be reading this thread

Honestly, chief, I don't know why Tab is still not the coach when the writing is on the wall. Tab should be the Gilas coach for life.

Honestly, chief, I don't know why Tab is still not the coach when the writing is on the wall. Tab should be the Gilas coach for life.

honestly i am at a total loss chief. if someone here knows the reason why coach tab has not received a call from sbp yet please let us know. di ko talaga maintindihan. or i think someone should tell pangilinan or panlilio to sign up with mtc so they'll know "ang sinisigaw ng bayan ay si tab baldwin". :D

honestly i am at a total loss chief. if someone here knows the reason why coach tab has not received a call from sbp yet please let us know. di ko talaga maintindihan. or i think someone should tell pangilinan or panlilio to sign up with mtc so they'll know "ang sinisigaw ng bayan ay si tab baldwin".

I hope it's Tab or if not Tab, someone who is better than him.

In other news, in spite of our atrocious last place finish in the recent FIBA-Worlds, we have retained our 31st world ranking, a silver lining amidst a dark horizon.

Unfortunately, no one took this recommendation from Tommy Manotoc seriously.

I agree that Tab's coaching is on another level that is why I told junix that I concede the UAAP title to ADMU. He is just way too good for other coaches.

It is imbecilic for the SBP to tap Tim Cone as coach for the SEA Games since this will be only temporary. If it wants to start an effective basketball program, it has to start with the coach. Like I said, when it chooses a coach, it has to be a coach for life.

Edited by will robie

Tim is a championship coach but being a championship coach in the PBA and coaching in the international arena requires experience. The last time Tim coached was in 1998 Asian Games. Between Tim and Tab, Tab is way ahead of Tim in terms of international coaching as Tab has mastered the nuances of international basketball.

https://www.philstar.com/sports/2019/09/21/1953673/ateneos-tab-baldwin-eyed-gilas-program-coordinator?fbclid=IwAR3IFQhXITJfLymvW6CLtdHwb6tbc_OxntBRRWlZ00Hj8e-fy7MAf_5wzmc

Coach Tab is being considered as the Program Director of the SBP:

To help achieve this, Pangilinan’s idea is to have a program director apart from the head coach.

“The program director is to oversee the program, do the planning, the budget. We should run it like a business,” said cage patron.

With his vast knowledge of international play, Ateneo Blue Eagles coach Tab Baldwin is being eyed by SBP to be the program director. And Baldwin could also be part of the search committee along with former Gilas coach Chot Reyes.

Read more at https://www.philstar.com/sports/2019/09/21/1953673/ateneos-tab-baldwin-eyed-gilas-program-coordinator?fbclid=IwAR3IFQhXITJfLymvW6CLtdHwb6tbc_OxntBRRWlZ00Hj8e-fy7MAf_5wzmc#ive24pvz6fMdvdLq.99

https://www.philstar.com/sports/2019/09/21/1953673/ateneos-tab-baldwin-eyed-gilas-program-coordinator?fbclid=IwAR3IFQhXITJfLymvW6CLtdHwb6tbc_OxntBRRWlZ00Hj8e-fy7MAf_5wzmc

Coach Tab is being considered as the Program Director of the SBP:

To help achieve this, Pangilinans idea is to have a program director apart from the head coach.

The program director is to oversee the program, do the planning, the budget. We should run it like a business, said cage patron.

With his vast knowledge of international play, Ateneo Blue Eagles coach Tab Baldwin is being eyed by SBP to be the program director. And Baldwin could also be part of the search committee along with former Gilas coach Chot Reyes.

Read more at https://www.philstar.com/sports/2019/09/21/1953673/ateneos-tab-baldwin-eyed-gilas-program-coordinator?fbclid=IwAR3IFQhXITJfLymvW6CLtdHwb6tbc_OxntBRRWlZ00Hj8e-fy7MAf_5wzmc#ive24pvz6fMdvdLq.99

yes i read this article. program director?! come on SBP...you can do better than that. the coach that will lift philippine basketball to world standards is in katipunan. nyeta!!! mga bulag...pinamimigay na nga namin for the sake of flag & country.

yes i read this article. program director?! come on SBP...you can do better than that. the coach that will lift philippine basketball to world standards is in katipunan. nyeta!!! mga bulag...pinamimigay na nga namin for the sake of flag & country.

Something is holding back the SBP from tapping Tab anew. But if they're gonna get a new coach, that coach has to be topnotch. Someone like Sergio Scariolo. The guy has guided Spain to three FIBA-Europe titles and one FIBA-World title. I wouldn't mind David Blatt. I heard he's good in developing young players. It's just too unfortunate that the crybaby diva, Lechoke James, decided to return to Cleveland when he was about to start to coach the Cavs.

Edited by will robie

“He has begged off from coaching Gilas Pilipinas,” said SBP chairman Manny V. Pangilinan, who added that Baldwin is most likely the man who will draw up the blueprint for the national team as program director.

Baldwin’s role will be comprised of a gamut of tasks, from development of the country’s young standouts to creating a system for the national squad and naming the coaching staff.

I would rather tap Andray for his last tour of duty this forthcoming SEA Games... for him to redeem himself, and as our show of gratitude for his 'services' as naturalized player in the past. Sorround him with the best collegiate and FIBA 2023 trainees. Am sure Coach Tim (if he accepts the job) can whip a competitive team and can juice out the best out of Andray.

Edited by artedpro

Perhaps Baldwin and Blatt can team up to prepare the Philippine National Team to play in 2023 when we host FIBA World Cup in Manila.

Kabahan na Asia, Africas, Europeans and Americas.

For sure di tayo makaka gold, silver o bronze, pero aangat ang laro ng Basketball sa Pinas.

At sa 2027 pumasok na tayo sa top 10 ranking.