Philippines =======|...................|

...................|==========|........|

Chinese Taipei ====|..........|........|

..............................|========|

Jordan ============|..........|

...................|==========|

Iran ==============|

Edited by dfgvan

in their game against JORDAN, malaking bagay ang ginawa ni TAULAVA and ALAPAG.. then dun sa game against JAPAN, double digits sa game sila WILLIAMS and ALAPAG, plus malaking bagay yung mga power plays ni DE OCAMPO during the 4th period. kaya hindi masasabing amateur and disappointment yung ibang pro-athletes natin sa team. and, as long as we're winning, walang disappoinment sa mga players.

i couldn't agree more with you sir!

i really can't understand why there are some people who keep on saying negative things about these players despite of their sacrifices for the philippine flag. they could choose to take a vacation since its off season but instead they chose to play on.

di mo naman sila nakikitang petiks petiks lang sa laro. talagang tumatakbo at nakikipag banggaan din sa mga higante ng asia!

suportahan at ipagdasal nyo na lang ang smart gilas!

i couldn't agree more with you sir!

i really can't understand why there are some people who keep on saying negative things about these players despite of their sacrifices for the philippine flag. they could choose to take a vacation since its off season but instead they chose to play on.

di mo naman sila nakikitang petiks petiks lang sa laro. talagang tumatakbo at nakikipag banggaan din sa mga higante ng asia!

suportahan at ipagdasal nyo na lang ang smart gilas!

===========================================

Aba, taas noo ako sa dalawang ito (pati yung the rest). Eh, yung full grown talents nga sina Ildefonso, Marlou, etc. tinatawag for duty kung ano anong dahilan. I understand the stand of Hontiveros kasi (maski nakakainis) kalabang ng MVP group yung SMB group. Gusto siguro ng tao kaya lang tyak napipigilan ng kanyang mga amo. Nalungkot nga ako when Asi said na last na niyang international play na ito dahil masakit na katawan at matanda na siya. Sayang.

===========================================

Aba, taas noo ako sa dalawang ito (pati yung the rest). Eh, yung full grown talents nga sina Ildefonso, Marlou, etc. tinatawag for duty kung ano anong dahilan. I understand the stand of Hontiveros kasi (maski nakakainis) kalabang ng MVP group yung SMB group. Gusto siguro ng tao kaya lang tyak napipigilan ng kanyang mga amo. Nalungkot nga ako when Asi said na last na niyang international play na ito dahil masakit na katawan at matanda na siya. Sayang.

sayang nga si hontiveros. ang ganda ng inilaro nya sa jones cup. malaking tulong din sana sa outside shooting at experience.. dyan ka naman bibilib kay asi. every international competition lagi siyang kasama sa national team. hats off to taulava!

Masters, what time sya pinapalabas sa ACTIV/IBC 13? Tsambahan lang ginagawa ko at parang wala namang kwenta website nila. Ang inabot ko lang kagabi ay game ng China and Japan and syempre di ako interesado dun. Pati replays sked, papost naman THANKS rolleyes.gif

bukas 1:30pm ang game nila against chinese taipei

Korea =============|

Japan =============|..........|

China =============|..........|........|

Lebanon ===========|...................|

.......................................|================

Iran ==============|

if we beat chinese taipei, we need only 1 more win to qualify for the FIBA olympic qualifier

or win it all to automatically be in the olympics...

whoever said that Philippine basketball is dead and Football will overshadow basketball??? ano na nga pala ginagawa ng azkals ngayon???

Edited by dfgvan

kung sabagay thats true. pero they have to be more consistent. and they have to address their confidence level. the way i look at it all teams are very beatable except china. we have to have a super game to beat china. they're so big and talented. but of course, we believe.

in their game against JORDAN, malaking bagay ang ginawa ni TAULAVA and ALAPAG.. then dun sa game against JAPAN, double digits sa game sila WILLIAMS and ALAPAG, plus malaking bagay yung mga power plays ni DE OCAMPO during the 4th period. kaya hindi masasabing amateur and disappointment yung ibang pro-athletes natin sa team. and, as long as we're winning, walang disappoinment sa mga players.

Here are the GILAS PILIPINAS' averages in 2011 FIBA ASIA:

MARCUS DOUTHIT- 18.7 pts, 10.5 Rebs, 1.8 blks

MARCIO LASSITER- (3 games) 11.3 pts.

CHRIS TIU- 8 pts, 3 rebs, 2.8 assts

JIMMY ALAPAG- 7.5 pts, 3.5 assts

JV CASIO- 7.5 pts, 2.8 assts

RANIDEL de OCAMPO- 6.5 pts, 4.0 rebs

PAUL ASI TAULAVA- 6.0 pts, 6.5 rebs

JAPETH AGUILAR- (5 games) 6.6 pts, 3.2 rebs

KELLY WILLIAMS-5.5 pts, 4.o rebs.

so far, Chris Lutz nalang ang wala sa score cards.. but we can't blame him for that.. his main purpose is to limit the best guards/wing men of the opposing team, and he's doing his job very well.

Here are the GILAS PILIPINAS' averages in 2011 FIBA ASIA:

MARCUS DOUTHIT- 18.7 pts, 10.5 Rebs, 1.8 blks

MARCIO LASSITER- (3 games) 11.3 pts.

CHRIS TIU- 8 pts, 3 rebs, 2.8 assts

JIMMY ALAPAG- 7.5 pts, 3.5 assts

JV CASIO- 7.5 pts, 2.8 assts

RANIDEL de OCAMPO- 6.5 pts, 4.0 rebs

PAUL ASI TAULAVA- 6.0 pts, 6.5 rebs

JAPETH AGUILAR- (5 games) 6.6 pts, 3.2 rebs

KELLY WILLIAMS-5.5 pts, 4.o rebs.

so far, Chris Lutz nalang ang wala sa score cards.. but we can't blame him for that.. his main purpose is to limit the best guards/wing men of the opposing team, and he's doing his job very well.

in contrasts, here's the stats for CHINESE TAIPEI:

Top scorers of CHINESE TAIPEI in the 2011 FIBA ASIA CHAMPIONSHIPS. (From HENRY LIAO)

#15 CHANG TSUNG HSIN - 14.5 pts

#08 WU TAI HAO (center)- 10 pts, 5.5 rebs,

#11 CHEN HSIN AN (S Forward)- 8 pts, 1.8 Assts

#12 LIN CHIH CHIEH (Off Guard) - 7.5 pts

#04 WENG TUNG TSENG (Center) - 7.5 pts, 5.3 rebs, 3.2 assts.

CHEN HSIN AN tried out with the SACRAMENTO KINGS in mid-2000's as SEAN CHEN.

In 2010 GUANGZHOU ASIAN GAMES--- GILAS PILIPINAS beat CHINESE TAIPEI, 82-73, in their FINAL PRELIMINARIES PLAY to qualify for KO QUARTERFINALS. MARCIO LASSITER and PAUL ASI TAULAVA scored 18 points each. TAULAVA had 18 rebounds.. CHRIS TIU added 15 pts, KELLY WILLIAMS chipped in 13. TAIPEI was led by Off Guard LIN CHIN CHIEH, who collected 20 points and big man WU TAI HAO had 20 pts. Both men are back in the ongoing FIBA ASIA TOURNAMENT.

Masters, what time sya pinapalabas sa ACTIV/IBC 13? Tsambahan lang ginagawa ko at parang wala namang kwenta website nila. Ang inabot ko lang kagabi ay game ng China and Japan and syempre di ako interesado dun. Pati replays sked, papost naman THANKS rolleyes.gif

bukas 1:30pm ang game nila against chinese taipei

GILAS PILIPINAS to face CHINESE TAIPEI at 6 PM tomorrow.

Winner cruises to the FIBA-ASIA SEMIS versus winner of the 1:30 PM game of JORDAN-IRAN..

Korea =============|

Japan =============|..........|

China =============|..........|........|

Lebanon ===========|...................|

.......................................|================

Iran ==============|

if we beat chinese taipei, we need only 1 more win to qualify for the FIBA olympic qualifier

or win it all to automatically be in the olympics...

whoever said that Philippine basketball is dead and Football will overshadow basketball??? ano na nga pala ginagawa ng azkals ngayon???

Lets not drag the Azkals dito. They are of different discipline. Football cannot overshadow basketball kasi there's not really a tournament para sa kanila around here like basketball. Both the Smart and Azkals dinadala ang ating watawat. Lets just cheer for them.

Marcus Douthit now the #1 in statistical points. NBA scouts are reportedly taking note.

If Smart-Gilas plays well vs. Iran, maybe 1-2 S-G players deserve a shot at the NBA.

Yes, Iran can be beaten with Bahrami injured and by breaking the rhythm of its brilliant point guard and by effectively distracting Haddadi (a tired Haddadi led to S-G beating Iran 73-59 in the last Jones Cup). We have a much better team now than during the first round and during the Jones Cup.

But let's dispose of Chinese Taipei first

Edited by blow_gobi

Former Great Britain coach and respected commentator Roy Birch has been in Wuhan calling the games for FIBATV – where you can watch all the action from the crucial last three days – and he caught up with fiba.com's Paulo Kennedy to share his thoughts on who will win!

FIBA: The Philippines have been very impressive in the second round, can they make it all the way?

Birch: Possibly yes. It all depends on Marcus Douthit. He tends to have a quiet half and if it’s the first half that’s ok, but if he goes quiet or gets into foul trouble in the second half that spells trouble for the Philippines. He’s quite an athlete. Inside he’s dynamite, he has his medium range jump shot, which we have seen occasionally in this tournament, and he’ll need to put a couple of 15 footers in against the big teams to draw the defender out.

FIBA: The Philippines have shown great speed and athleticism.

Birch: They certainly have, and brains as well. I am very impressed with (Marcio) Lassiter, and that’s why the coaching staff were so keen to get him involved. A bit of a quiet night last night but I am very impressed with him on the rebounds, particularly at 1.88m. The other night he pulled in a couple of rebounds and I thought ‘how did he manage to get that?’

FIBA: Are Chinese Taipei a strong chance to beat the Philippines in their Quarter-Final?

Birch: No, I don’t think so. I love the way Chinese Taipei play, and Korea. I wish we had a few English coaches out here to watch them play. They way they pass the ball is outstanding – the speed of movement and the speed of thought. But they haven’t got the size.

http://london2012.fiba.com/pages/eng/fe/12/olym/news/p/eid/6232/lid//nid/49598/rid//sid/6232/article.html

my bad! i thought game time is set at 1:30pm...

6pm indeed!

1:30 talaga yung game... kaso nilipat ng 2nd game @ 6pm.

another issue ng politikahan.. some people na may connection sa gilas eh sinasabing para daw ma-scout ng mananalo sa JORDAN-IRAN yung game ng GILAS if ever sila makapasok sa semis. kaya sila ang nilagay sa 1st game.