Team Pilipinas Basketball

rakizta

game will start on 2pm don't know why. Win by 11 points is the goals hope they can do this happy.gif. Also we have the same sched of the game of Iran vs China. I know Korea is watching that cause if China wins they will be number 1 in their group that leaves Korea chance to tank their game vs Qatar for them to not face Iran in the semis.

That is if only China clobber Iran ... Because Iran clobbered Japan

Last year, Tim Cone was invited to be part of the coaching staff for Gilas for the FIBA ASIA. But for unknown reasons, he politely declined despite the fact that he and Chot are best friends.

So getting Tim Cone will be a hard thing to do cause we all know SMC management won't allow him to go to coach Gilas that easily.

that's the dilemma...coz if tim has a change of heart but smc management refuses to let go of tim, wala din mangyayari. interest pa din ng pba teams ang mananaig.

ITS OVER .. this time for real.. thats the end of Jimmy's international competitions and for Chot???? hmm who knows.. I just wish to add players who can pg/sg score and defend no more 2 pgs playing the same time or even 4 pgs in our roster. As for who they should be? I don't know.. Also UTAK first then PUSO

time to rethink gilas' program and plan for next year's fiba asia...it's time to look for the captain's replacement. a lot of potential candidates to choose from the pba if only teams will freely allow their players to play. barroca...casio...we can take a look at the no. 1 draft pick this year, stanley pringle. as for chot?...let's see what mvp has to say on this. yes...utak then puso.

as usual...Gilas Pilipinas banderang kapos na nman...laki ng lamang hindi nila kaya i-handle pagdating palagi ng 4th Quarter...sakit na ito ng ating Gilas Team...sleep.gif

i guess it's the lack of that killer instinct during the crucial finishing moments is what gilas lacks.

Stop the blame game. Support Gilas All the way.

My only comment: how Gilas was formed. Several players were not made available by their mother teams - that is so sad. Our best team was not available. Do I blame them?.... probably not... in the end it is a business... did you see Lebron James play for Team USA sa worlds? Coach Cuban requested Dirk not to play for the German Team. Parker was not with France. Manu not with Team Argentina.

I hope the Gilas Program continues and every able bodied Filipino can try out for the team.

We have made huge strides. Let us continue mga kababayan. Laban Pilipinas!

• Downvote 1
1411914553[/url]' post='9437610']

I thought we don't have any games but we still have one last game tomorrow vs CHINA for battle of 5th place. Anyways KAZAKHSTAN make it through the semis because we did not beat them by eleven and they did beat QATAR (and QATAR loses earlier to KOREA). Also since IRAN beat CHINA also earlier JAPAN make it through the semis because they beat CHINA in the earlier games.

Who knew JAPAN and KAZAKHSTAN will make it through the semis. Leaving us and CHINA playing for just a 5th place game blink.gifmad.gif

Shoulda coulda with our past games.

Funny noh? ...two so called super power in basketball getting the boot...at least china has an excuse...theyre in rebuilding mode...told you hirap maka move on dun sa qatar game eh...in fairness to chot reyes...he DID get us back into the fiba world...with the phil " intersting"brand of play.. specifically the small ball plays..however after the other teams scouted us...chot fails to make the necessary adjusments...i remember nun phil team led by jawo...dasal sila ng dasal na magkaroon tayo ng mga 6'9 6-10 o 7 footer na mga players...considering that team is stocked with super talented players in patrimonio, paras, samboy, caidic etc...ngayon biniyayaan tayo ng mg 6'9" hanggang 7 footer na players...puro mga maliliit naman ang ginagamit...

Gandang swan song for alapag na sana...after a good showing in fiba world...the phil basketball scene is at an all time high...for sure the PBA games would all be blockbuster..but after bowing out in the asian games...what will happen now to the PBA? This always happen...dwindling attendance after every asian games debacle wherein our team fails to get a medal...i hope the PBA understand this...para sa kanila din to..if the phil team performs wonderfully...kikita or rather tatabo sa takilya ang PBA...

1411916899[/url]' post='9437653']

Stop the blame game. Support Gilas All the way.

My only comment: how Gilas was formed. Several players were not made available by their mother teams - that is so sad. Our best team was not available. Do I blame them?.... probably not... in the end it is a business... did you see Lebron James play for Team USA sa worlds? Coach Cuban requested Dirk not to play for the German Team. Parker was not with France. Manu not with Team Argentina.

I hope the Gilas Program continues and every able bodied Filipino can try out for the team.

We have made huge strides. Let us continue mga kababayan. Laban Pilipinas!

This is what i dont get....we are not blaming the gilas players...as a matter of fact...taas kamay kami sa kanila..sa binigay nila satin..sa pinakita nila sa fiba aisa 2013 hanggang fiba world...we continue to support the gilas team..but please dont shortchange the effort of our players naman by giving a blind eye on who is responsible sa pagkakatalo natin sa asian games....wag katulad kina marco halili and hizon...alam ng lahat kung sino ang may mali eh...yun ang dapat maresolba...

Again while i agree taht we could have used some of the other players..however i believe these group is one of the best...if your implying including james yap, santos abueva... Alm natin kung anong naging kapalaran nun naglaro sila...IMO only lassiter,lutz casio and gregzilla ang dapat isali...

Azraelmd wrote:

"This is what i dont get....we are not blaming the gilas players...as a matter of fact...taas kamay kami sa kanila..sa binigay nila satin..sa pinakita nila sa fiba aisa 2013 hanggang fiba world...we continue to support the gilas team..but please dont shortchange the effort of our players naman by giving a blind eye on who is responsible sa pagkakatalo natin sa asian games....wag katulad kina marco halili and hizon...alam ng lahat kung sino ang may mali eh...yun ang dapat maresolba...

Again while i agree taht we could have used some of the other players..however i believe these group is one of the best...if your implying including james yap, santos abueva... Alm natin kung anong naging kapalaran nun naglaro sila...IMO only lassiter,lutz casio and gregzilla ang dapat isali..."

From what you wrote, you are putting the blame on Chot and the coaching staff for losing the game. My opinion is mas magaling or mas handa(or both) yung ibang teams sa atin.

- My take why marco halili and hizon are defending Chot is because they knew specifically what was happening in the team. I will have to defer to what they see because they have 1st hand information. BTW check mo din yung posts ni Marc Pinris - naglabas sya ng sama ng loob dahil sinisisi Si Coach Chot.

TO ADD

I don't care about the other players except IMHO James Yap is better than the 2-guards that we fielded (Fonacier, Chan, etc)... our offence was predicated on Driving + Kick. Chot was forced to play 2 PGs to have multiple points of attack. If Yap was there, he had options of not sacrificing height.

TO END

Dasal tayo lahat ng merong matatangkad na Pilipino sa sususnod na generation. Sabi nga nila, God was fair noong namumod sya ng tangkad.... kse pag ang Pilipino ay binigyan pa ng tangkad... kawawa naman yung iba sa basketball.

Why not incorporate the US team means of selecting players who are best fitted for the team.

Invite 20 players randomly then have them in a training camp, who ever are consistent, and has a good

chemistry shall be with the new gilas team. The selection made was " o ikaw, at ikaw at siya "

@castro

he may be the key to win, but this is basketball its a 5 vs 5 even he is so good , an NBA all star

kahit si jordan pa yan, kung di rin gagana ang mga kakampi niya talo parin sila.

Why not incorporate the US team means of selecting players who are best fitted for the team.

Invite 20 players randomly then have them in a training camp, who ever are consistent, and has a good

chemistry shall be with the new gilas team. The selection made was " o ikaw, at ikaw at siya "

@castro

he may be the key to win, but this is basketball its a 5 vs 5 even he is so good , an NBA all star

kahit si jordan pa yan, kung di rin gagana ang mga kakampi niya talo parin sila.

Agree to your 1st point. Hope the Commercial Teams agree to this.

Agree to your 2nd point other than Castro had a key skill that no other members of our team had - ability to drive and get to the hole against almost any defender. They missed this since Blatche did not play, our other slasher who can attack his defender.

As early as now, Chot should be gunning for the Olympics. It's just too bad that only one team from Asia will be represented. We have to win the gold in next year's FIBA Asia. Mental toughness and a few tweaks in the line-up should be in the drawing board for Chot because, in my opinion, mental toughness is essential in getting us over the hump and players like Belga and Slaughter are needed to match-up with the bigs of other nations.

i agree...some of the gilas boys may still be around for next year's fiba asia like gabe, junemar, ping, lee...then a few additions like greg and maybe sanggalang. casio for jimmy can also be considered. andray will also be eligible to play. the most important thing here is for the mother teams to allow their players to join the pool...choose the members of the team early then train early. for gilas to go to the olympics it is gold or bust.

Next mission for gilas is the olympics.. anu ba naging problema ng gilas? Katulad ng mga naunang team sa kanila, kulang sila sa preparasyon.. yung game style ng gilas na pinatutupad ni chot e akma talaga sa kapasidad ng mga player natin. Free flowing motion offense kung san ay nakakahanap tau ng open shot. Eto ang dahilan kung bakit madalas e umaarangkada agad sa lamang ang gilas. Pansinin natin na kahit sino pa ang kalaban natin ay hindi tau napapagiwanan sa score sa kadahilanan na maganda ang istilo natin sa opensa. So ano nga ba ang problema ng gilas at tau ay natatalo? Narito po ang aking munting pag aanalisa base na din sa aking karanasan sa paghawak ng isang team ng basketball.

1. Dahil sa free flowing motion offense tau, madaling mapagod ang mga player natin. Ito ang dahilan kung bakit pagdating sa 4th qtr e hindi na tau makashoot at makadepensa ng ayos.. dapat lahat ng player pinapaglaro para nakakapahinga at sariwa pa rin sila pagdating ng 4th.. ito ang dahilan kung bakit wala na tau killer instinct sa huli kasi nga pagod na.. Pansinin ninyo na limitado lang ang mga player na pinapaglaro ni chot reyes.

2. Dapat pagdating ng 4th quarter ay mag half court offense pattern play na tau..slow natin ang play parang triangle ni tim cone para hindi masyado mapagod ang player at magamit ng tama ang oras.. kalimitan naman pagpasok ng 4th qtr e lamang na lamang pa tau.. at dito nauubos ang kalamangan natin kasi nga pumapasok na ang pagod sa mga player natin.. for a free flowing motion offense to succeed, there must be a zero margin of error.

3. Last dapat ang kunin na player sa susunod na gilas e yung matataas ang basketball IQ kahit na di gaanong kagalingan. Pansinin ninyo ang laro ni fajardo dito sa asian games at ni castro sa fiba world, hindi bat dapat ay nanalo tau kung naging maganda ang mga desisyon nila sa oras ng laro?

Ito po ay isang munting kuro kuro lamang.. maaari pong ako mali pero pagtuunan po natin ng pansin.. wag po taung magsisihan sa pagkatalo ng gilas... ang dapat ay pagaralan ang kanilang pagkatalo at paghandaan ang mga susunod pang laban..