Team Pilipinas Basketball

rakizta

Educate me.......bakit hindi na naturalize si Alex? Anong dahilan? Buti pa si Cabagnot, naging Pinoy!

"I dont have too much prostration dahil pinayagan ako ng PBA maglaro" 4:48

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Alex_Compton

When a coach heard Compton was born in the Philippines, he told Compton that he could play on a team in the Philippine Basketball Association. Compton found an agent, who arranged for him to join a team in July 1997, after graduation.

"Talagang ehto na home ko, fiancee ko taga mindanao" 6:05

Tingin ko malaki ang maiaambag ni Compton kung noon palang nagawa na syang i naturalize, hindi dahil sa kano at magaling sa basketball, kundi ung ambag nya sa Philippine basketall. Willing syan maging naturalize player kung papayagan sya noong time na un. Its so unfair to compton na ngaun nag scout ang ilan sa USA para mag naturalize ng players

Edited by RER

Educate me.......bakit hindi na naturalize si Alex? Anong dahilan? Buti pa si Cabagnot, naging Pinoy!

sa unang taon ni Comptn sa MBA pinayagan sya maglaro kahit hindi pa sya naturalize, then after that year binago ung rules wala ng naturalize player. Then sa PBA they barred naturalize player, pero sure macoconvinced sya mapa naturalize player kung papayagan sya makapaglaro sa PBA, as his dream from day one in Philippines.

sa ilang taon nilang ginawa ung team sa dami ng support and plans , eto pa rin masasabi ko kung gaano kagulo ang govt ng pilipinas ganun din kagulo ang sports o ano pang binubuo nila sa bansa.

unang una kung talagang important sa kanila ang pag aayos ng bansa sa larangan ng international competition bakit ang hirap or ang tagal tagal hindi maayos ung naturalization nung import?

tapos tignan mo ung kinatapusan sa china, umasa pa rin sa pro players. i think its funny to think that the aim is for the glory of the country but got no support from the govt itself.

the laughing stock of the year .. . . . tsk tsk no wonder we cant go anywhere simple basketball na lang iisang team wala pa nangyayari.

im sick and tired of seeing all the effort is going no where, kahit sabihin nyo ano pa may narating sila or what o ano pa positive na sinasabi nyo kung ganito lang hindi nila maayos yan kahit 5 years pa bgay nyo . . its still rubbish!

gising lang sa mga kasinungalingan andyan, just like when arroyo says nung panahon nya maganda ang GDP daw ng bansa compare to other nations , hndi ba ninyo naisip e kase sa mga padala ng OFW na pera? just like to again vote for recto who only knows about creating money by taxing and whatever taxes can be impose but is stupid enough to realize to put a plug on the loopholes where the govt is losing money

Edited by launchpad

^

i think laughing stock is a strong word (2 words actually). whether or not the team is successful or not really depends on how high your expectations are. personally, i was hoping that the team would medal. but realistically, all i wanted at this point in time was for them to be competitive. and that they were.

whether they will medal in the future or not will depend on a lot of factors. government support may very well be one of them. but seeing how government still couldn't even deliver on things basic, i wouldn't be optimistic in seeing them deliver on things gratuitous like sports in the near future.

in the mean time, all we can do is to make do with whatever philippine team they form, hoping someday that they will medal consistently. afterall, i don't think having no philippine basketball team is an option.

"I dont have too much prostration dahil pinayagan ako ng PBA maglaro" 4:48

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Alex_Compton

When a coach heard Compton was born in the Philippines, he told Compton that he could play on a team in the Philippine Basketball Association. Compton found an agent, who arranged for him to join a team in July 1997, after graduation.

"Talagang ehto na home ko, fiancee ko taga mindanao" 6:05

Tingin ko malaki ang maiaambag ni Compton kung noon palang nagawa na syang i naturalize, hindi dahil sa kano at magaling sa basketball, kundi ung ambag nya sa Philippine basketall. Willing syan maging naturalize player kung papayagan sya noong time na un. Its so unfair to compton na ngaun nag scout ang ilan sa USA para mag naturalize ng players

Ah, ok...........what I admire in this man is that he learned to speak in Tagalog, maski ganito nangyari sa kanya. Unlike the veterans FilAms, FilShams, FilForeigner sa PBA atbp. ni hindi marunong magsalita ng sarili nating wika hanggang mag retire sila, iba 8-10 years na dito. Ganyan ba ang Pinoy(?). MALALANSANG ISDA mga yun.

Dapat ginaya ni Alex ang buhok ni Cabagnot para maging Pinoy! laugh.gif

Aba, napasok na naman ang idol namin sa usapan. Iba talaga ang megastar at franchise player, pinag uusapan at hinahanap ng pagkakataong maipasok sa usapan! Sa bagay, swak na swak ang pagpapahaba ng buhok ni Compton, para siyang rokista ng decada sisenta! Pero, howarddeduct, isa lang at si Cabagnot lang ang may karapatang magpahaba ng buhok sa PBA. Gumagaya na nga si DeVance, para namang nagmukhang nakakatandang kapatid ni Michael Jackson nuong dekada 70s. laugh.gif

kanski,

sadly but i agree, seeing them competitive is one thing. we already heard and read a lot of that before when they enter into international events.

news about upsetting strong teams and even some of our players being courted or ask to play overseas for the team they beat in whatever tournaments they play.

but let us focus on the task at hand, which is to win. i think this tournament is already a gauge of what competition is waiting for them in those games that need to be accounted for or crucial to play. one thing or another we cant say probably like any other team or kasabihan bilog ang bola probably they lose now and win later or probably just lost it any way.

but as the saying goes " rome wasnt built in a day " they need a lot of work, from the start till now ang dami daming issues na hindi nila naayos and gaano na katagal tong team na ito.

all we can do is hope against the normal happenings? just like the what is happening in the country , the poor will only tend to the poor. . as they have only themselves for each other. walang mangyayari.

umpisa pa lang they are going against a lot of people and not just ordinary but influential people, and the task they are doing is but a test where in people around it are waiting to scrutinize it. which is happening now, they dont have the luxury of time, resources and even manpower itself ( will we see players leaving next year? ) im sure nabasa mo na news hindi lang pba coaches marami pa nag comment sa gilas with the guangzhou showing.

the point they are asking for the help of a taulava, mercado and kelly williams even at the start is already a indication that within the corps of players they have it wasnt enough , even getting an outside reinforcement wasnt even rushly done even in dire need.

im not sure if this is true but rumors has it that yao ming was an experiment by the govt bring about asking his parents who are both national players of the basketball team to be together. they werent lovers on the first place since for asia matangkad sila in the hopes of having a future. they were paired and probably even paid,

planning? course of actions? they always say its about the money why gilas cant get players? do you honestly believe that? sa dami dami ng players sa bansa na basketball ang nangunguna sa bansa? they even flew to other countries to get a catch? if they are truly after amateur players then they should start with a nationwide tryout, hindi ung scouting lang from uaap, ncaa and even and league of champions.

probably im thinking why? they probably know they dont have the time and resource to train players from zero to hero

Politics do destroy everything.

They did an amateur search upon the formation of SG, sadly some of the best amateur options at that time were not released by their schools or not interested by playing for the flag (Junmar Fajardo, Rabeh Al - Hussaini, Paul Lee).

Without patriotism and unity, SG will really have a hardtime. Honestly speaking I do envy the sense of nationalism and pride of other nations signinicantly those coming from India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal and Thailand. Win or lose, they will live and die supporting their NT's in any sport. Why can't we do the same? Crab mentallity?

I don't see the logic why PNoy is holding/pending Douthit's papers in his table, to think that it isn't a security threat and it's for a national cause.

The keys of SG's success here are exclusion of politics from the sport, unity and nationalism and support coming from any Pinoy since they are our NT. Have pride for pity's sake.

Guest eljuego

refer to post 1302 ... i just saw it there

I didn't see it. You made that post so you should know what you put there. Certain ba na mananalo ang SG sa Qatar. Certain talaga? The only thing certain is that you don't know what you're talking about. laugh.gif

Edited by eljuego
  • Downvote 1

Well, develop another sport that we have capabilities to be champions or at least a good fighting chance. Hindi lang naman basketball. Para kasi naging fishball, nandun lang isda sa loob ng aquarium. Hindi na nakakalabas, nadidilat mata. Puro basketball, puro basketball....yes, its our national sport (hindi na sepak takraw) but that does not mean you have to spend millions of dollars on a walang kakahinatnan na sport. Yung kasing tumatalo sa atin, ni hindi pinapansin ang basketball sa kanilang bansa. And sa atin, puro basketball, basketball, basketball, tapos wala man lang placing. WAKE UP, GOVERNMENT. WAKE UP, MVP, WAKE UP PEPING!!!

Well, develop another sport that we have capabilities to be champions or at least a good fighting chance. Hindi lang naman basketball. Para kasi naging fishball, nandun lang isda sa loob ng aquarium. Hindi na nakakalabas, nadidilat mata. Puro basketball, puro basketball....yes, its our national sport (hindi na sepak takraw) but that does not mean you have to spend millions of dollars on a walang kakahinatnan na sport. Yung kasing tumatalo sa atin, ni hindi pinapansin ang basketball sa kanilang bansa. And sa atin, puro basketball, basketball, basketball, tapos wala man lang placing. WAKE UP, GOVERNMENT. WAKE UP, MVP, WAKE UP PEPING!!!

It isn't that easy to drop a much loved passion, taking away basketball is like taking away a leg or an arm from each of us.

May I ask you how empty did you feel that the last SEA Games in the Phil which didn't had a basketball event so is the Laos SEA Games?

Which sport may you say do we dominate and should concentrate on? As I know almost in every sport we are always considered as underdogs, except for Manny Pacquiao who is widely considered as a "once in a lifetime athlete" or a "phenom"

Sana Buwagin na lang ang Smart-Malas Team...

honestly if the philippines never send a representative in any competition they have sure sure shots of loosing. sending Smart gilas atleast we have 50-50 chance of winning better than having a sure egg.

dati nde ako pabor sa naturalize players. but after watching Doha Asian games, ive got their point. Daming somalian at sudanese na nagbigay ng ginto sa napakaliliit na bansa ng bahrain, qatar at kuwait. They dont think about pride of not having 100% pure local. They trash that pride and keep their flags waving. Just like american, can they depend their national faith in native american indian??? Ung mga players ng Lebanon ung iba dun French national na converted muslim lang. Remember pag nagconvert ng muslim papalitan ang name nila.

honestly if the philippines never send a representative in any competition they have sure sure shots of loosing. sending Smart gilas atleast we have 50-50 chance of winning better than having a sure egg.

dati nde ako pabor sa naturalize players. but after watching Doha Asian games, ive got their point. Daming somalian at sudanese na nagbigay ng ginto sa napakaliliit na bansa ng bahrain, qatar at kuwait. They dont think about pride of not having 100% pure local. They trash that pride and keep their flags waving. Just like american, can they depend their national faith in native american indian??? Ung mga players ng Lebanon ung iba dun French national na converted muslim lang. Remember pag nagconvert ng muslim papalitan ang name nila.

^^^ ung pinadala sa FIBA mga naturalize din pala from america

Edited by RER

It isn't that easy to drop a much loved passion, taking away basketball is like taking away a leg or an arm from each of us.

May I ask you how empty did you feel that the last SEA Games in the Phil which didn't had a basketball event so is the Laos SEA Games?

Which sport may you say do we dominate and should concentrate on? As I know almost in every sport we are always considered as underdogs, except for Manny Pacquiao who is widely considered as a "once in a lifetime athlete" or a "phenom"

Nope, did not missed them during that SEAGs. I just observed other sports that have medal potentials for the Philippines. What sport? One is volleyball. yes we have the height to match the other teams including the internationals, not just in Asia, AND.....hindi physical. Natatalo tayo sa mga physical games kasi nga ayaw masaktan at mapilayan all because their eyes are on the high paying jobs sa pros. Yes, you can have sprained ankles sa volleyball but not that nangyayari sa basketball. We have the speed, the height, and the guts for volleyball. Another thing, maliit lang espasyo for the sport na hindi kagaya ng football, baseball. I remember when Fischer won the world championship over Spassky sa chess, basketball took a backseat sa Pilipinas and chess became the national passion at that time.Nasabay pa sa pagiging grandmaster ni Eugene Torre. I think lang na siguro kung ma instill lang sa mind ng Pinoys that we have pag asa sa ibang sports, lalayo ang loob ng Pinoy sa basketball "passion". Same thing when SEAG were held here early 80s, with Lydia de Vega, Del Prado, Carmelo, Thompson, Buhia won medals, halos napuno ang swimming pools, tracks sa Metro Manila and provinces.

Dapat mawala ang malas ng PH team para bumalik tayo sa top 3.

Alisin na si Taulava. laugh.gif

In fairness naman kay Asi, buo ang loob niya for the Philippines, tawagin mo yan, sugod kaagad sa pagtanggap unlike sina Marlou, Ildefonso, J Yap, etc. and daming dahilan. Pero dapat talaga si CABAGNOT na lang pinasok, isang franchise player, isang clutch shooter, isang long haired mean man, isang .........................alamat! mawawala ang malas ng PH lotion,este,team. laugh.gif

It is definitely a big blow but just like Toroman, I believe we could get a medal.

Not sure if Haddadi will play but if he doesn't, SG has a big chance of beating Iran. Haddadi ga ve Yi fits in the FIBA-Asia finals last time.

I didn't see it. You made that post so you should know what you put there.

Sir eto po un sinabi ninyo na na quote ni rooster ... para di ka na mahirapan sa paghahanap.

So from believing that we could get a medal it finally ended up hoping for a 5th place right? That is per your word what you call a fair weather fan. Un napagtatalo na kasi ang Gilas biglang nagbago pananaw mo.

I could have been wrong in my prediction that we will end up 5th ...i won't give excuses, but at least in the end despite all the team's inconsistent performance during the tournament I still end up optimist for this team.

Anyway, there goes the 2010 Asian Games and we look forward to the future. I believe this tourney is already a guage of our team. Let us lower our expectation and hope for the best. As long as we know we've given our best despite all the limitations we have then we should all be proud win or lose.

Actually hats off to Asi, we've seen a lot of Pro's turning down invitation to play for the national team. But si Asi pa mismo nag volunteer even if he could have opted not to.

Sa NBA nakikita marami rin players na very selective sa pagsali sa international tournaments. Just look at the likes of Kobe, LBJ, D-Wade and the rest of the members of the last Team USA Olympic champion squad. Lahat sila hindi naglaro for the World Championship pero isa-isa na nagpapahiwatig ng intention na maglaro sa susunod na Olympics.

Edited by peithe
  • Like (+1) 5