Team Pilipinas Basketball

rakizta

Guest eljuego

This fair-weathered fan doesn't read the newspapers pero sige eto na. The 6'9 Van Opstal was invited by Frankie Lim to SG together with Kiefer Ravena of Ateneo, Ray Parks (6'6), etc to practice with SG to gain maturity and experience so that if any of the mainstays of SG decide to turn pro, the new guys will have been sharpened once they crack the SG line-up instead of joining wet behind the ears.

http://www.inquirer.net/sports/articles/PH-cagers-lose-Japeth-to-injury.html

• Downvote 1

This fair-weathered fan doesn't read the newspapers pero sige eto na. The 6'9 Van Opstal was invited by Frankie Lim to SG together with Kiefer Ravena of Ateneo, Ray Parks (6'6), etc to practice with SG to gain maturity and experience so that if any of the mainstays of SG decide to turn pro, the new guys will have been sharpened once they crack the SG line-up instead of joining wet behind the ears.

http://www.inquirer.net/sports/articles/PH-cagers-lose-Japeth-to-injury.html

Nabasa ko na yan. The news came out also sa Phil Star weeks ago rin. And my question is what is the credentials of Van Opstal for him to be inlcuded in the Gilas Training Program and not necessary the Team itself.

I don't think the article you presented did answer my curiosity on this kid. Specifically your statement that why he would be a good addition to the team. That is why I ask for his credentials. How good is this kid for you to specifically mention him only and not the rest? Si Kiefer nakita na natin laro niyan. Si PArks din sa 3-on-3. Have your seen Van Opstal and Brian Organ play? Both of these guys are from La Salle's D-team

Edited by peithe
  • Like (+1) 3
Guest eljuego

Nabasa ko na yan. The news came out also sa Phil Star weeks ago rin. And my question is what is the credentials of Van Opstal for him to be inlcuded in the Gilas Training Program and not necessary the Team itself.

I don't think the article you presented did answer my curiosity on this kid. Specifically your statement that why he would be a good addition to the team. That is why I ask for his credentials. How good is this kid for you to specifically mention him only and not the rest? Si Kiefer nakita na natin laro niyan. Si PArks din sa 3-on-3. Have your seen Van Opstal and Brian Organ play? Both of these guys are from La Salle's D-team

The fact that Frankie Lim invited Van Opstal to SG is an indication that he finds him talented otherwise, Frankie Lim would not have invited him to SG. I'm pretty sure you would admit that Frankie Lim is a much, much better judge of basketball talent than some fair-weathered fan from MTC. laugh.gif

• Downvote 1

i cant understand why do you need so much credentials to develop a player?

when you say developmental team is he got the potential, which is to further train to know how far he can go. does he need to make so much noise as to let everyone know is a superb clutch shooter? or a monstrous defender who blks 3-5blks a game?

the point is, maganda nga yan na ganyan wala pa talagang nakikita so to let him get a more exposure, understand more his game and himself. hindi ung papasok palang ng SG yan shooter yan , yan lakas mag low post yan!

do you even think when he plays with SG , he will be chosen right away to wear SG jersey? dude! at least we are seeing some planning now kahit na ganyan kse naman pag malapit na ung competition or umalis na player magkakandarapa nanaman sa paghahanap ng kapalit.

as much as looking for talent is concern, its still a numbers game. that is in 100 players ask to train there will be only half or less than half of it to be consider as to further train, and of that probably 20-30 we can say as very very good players of which probably only 1 to 5 players will be consider as true gem or the cream of the crop!

Edited by launchpad

The fact that Frankie Lim invited Van Opstal to SG is an indication that he finds him talented otherwise, Frankie Lim would not have invited him to SG. I'm pretty sure you would admit that Frankie Lim is a much, much better judge of basketball talent than some fair-weathered fan from MTC. laugh.gif

yan ang hirap sa sumesegunda agad sa nabasa without really validating themselves. Lumalabas ni hindi mo ata kilala si AVO pero sinasabi mo na great addition siya. Otherwise, why don't you just state his credentials to me or at least brief me about the guy.

Speaking of not reading the papers, I am actually expecting you to at least present a previous article by Quinito Henson who speaks highly of the guy. Supposedly, AVO will be the answer of DLSU to your highly touted Greg Slaughter of the Ateneo next UAAP season. But ofcourse, knowing that Quinito is Green blooded, you'll just have to take his words with a grain of salt until the time you see the package in real action. You know, I don't speculate as some people do always.

Bottomline you just presented an article of these guys being invited without still satisfying my query on their credentials, specifically that of AVO. You just wasted your chance to show me you're knowledgable of what you're saying. Thanks na lang at mukhang mas kilala ko si AVO kaysa sa iyo.

And BTW, who says Ray-Ray is 6'6"? Pinagloloko mo ba followers ng thread na ito?

Edited by peithe
  • Like (+1) 3
Guest eljuego

yan ang hirap sa sumesegunda agad sa nabasa without really validating themselves. Lumalabas ni hindi mo ata kilala si AVO pero sinasabi mo na great addition siya. Otherwise, why don't you just state his credentials to me or at least brief me about the guy.

Speaking of not reading the papers, I am actually expecting you to at least present a previous article by Quinito Henson who speaks highly of the guy. Supposedly, AVO will be the answer of DLSU to your highly touted Greg Slaughter of the Ateneo next UAAP season. But ofcourse, knowing that Quinito is Green blooded, you'll just have to take his words with a grain of salt until the time you see the package in real action. You know, I don't speculate as some people do always.

Bottomline you just presented an article of these guys being invited without still satisfying my query on their credentials, specifically that of AVO. You just wasted your chance to show me you're knowledgable of what you're saying. Thanks na lang at mukhang mas kilala ko si AVO kaysa sa iyo.

Do your own research. I'm not gonna spoonfeed you. Maghanap ka. laugh.gifBasta ako, when it comes to looking for basketball talent, I would give credence to someone who knows his basketball like Frankie Lim since he was a PBA player before not to mention a coach and team manager than some fair-weathered fan who now doubts Van Opstal.

As for Quinito Henson, I'll give more credence to a renowned sports columnist than a fair-weathered fan questioning Van Opstal. laugh.gif

Sige na, mas kilala mo si Van Opstal kaysa sa akin pero tanong ka ng tanong. Are you joking or are you making a joke? laugh.gif

• Downvote 1
Guest eljuego

Sige na, galing-galing mo nga e. Pati research/sources mo ang galing. 6'6" pala si Parks, jr. :lol:

Shallow post. laugh.gif I guess you're tongue-tied again which is why you make such a big deal of a typo error. laugh.gifTsk tsk. Fair-weathered fans.......rolleyes.gif

SBP should keep sending SG to minor international tourneys or scrimmages with European teams para mahasa ng husto.

Edited by eljuego
  • Downvote 2

Even without Douthit, Toroman sees a medal for the Philippines.

http://www.mb.com.ph/articles/282209/toroman-sees-medal-after-losing-douthit

It is definitely a big blow but just like Toroman, I believe we could get a medal.

That was my opinion. My post was based on SG having a complete team with Douthit. Ikaw sigurado na mananalo SG sa Qatar. Mala-Madame Auring yung prediction mo. laugh.gif

Shallow post. laugh.gif I guess you're tongue-tied again which is why you make such a big deal of a typo error. laugh.gifTsk tsk. Fair-weathered fans.......rolleyes.gif

SBP should keep sending SG to minor international tourneys or scrimmages with European teams para mahasa ng husto.

TYPO? sige na nga ...

Pero un post mong nauna TYPO rin? May track record ka na ng pagsisinungaling e. :lol:

• Like (+1) 1
Guest eljuego

TYPO? sige na nga ...

Pero un post mong nauna TYPO rin? May track record ka na ng pagsisinungaling e. laugh.gif

Again. Pakita mo nga yung mga post ko na nagsinungaling ako? Puro opinion ko yung pinapakita mo. As you are alleging, may track record ako ng pagsisinungaling pero hindi mo nga masagot mga tanong ko na patunayan mo yung pinagsasabi mo. If I'm a sinungaling, si Toroman din pala singungaling coz we both believed that SG at that time could win a medal. I posted an article. Unlike you who has difficulty proving his posts. But hey, I'm sure wala ka naman maipakita. I guess I'll have to wait in vain before you prove your allegations. Napapahiya ka na sa akin. You're way too easy laugh.gif Anyway, I'll stop here since you can't prove anything. rolleyes.gif

Edited by eljuego
  • Downvote 2

Again. Pakita mo nga yung mga post ko na nagsinungaling ako? Puro opinion ko yung pinapakita mo. As you are alleging, may track record ako ng pagsisinungaling pero hindi mo nga masagot mga tanong ko na patunayan mo yung pinagsasabi mo. If I'm a sinungaling, si Toroman din pala singungaling coz we both believed that SG at that time could win a medal. I posted an article. Unlike you who has difficulty proving his posts. But hey, I'm sure wala ka naman maipakita. I guess I'll have to wait in vain before you prove your allegations. Napapahiya ka na sa akin. You're way too easy laugh.gif Anyway, I'll stop here since you can't prove anything. rolleyes.gif

sus naman, si toroman sinabi naniniwala siyang magkakamedalya ang Gilas kahit wala si Marcus at sinangayunan mo ito. Pero nun natalo at di nagkamedal sabay bawi at sabi mong you made that opinion with Douthit in the line-up. mas malinaw pa sa sikat ng araw un sinulat mo, wag na magpalusot kasi documented na lahat. Gusto mo bang ulitin ko i-post?

I-deny ba ang kanyan common identity .... tangos siguro ng ilong mo :lol: Sige nagkataon lang pala na same ang style ninyo nina Megalodon at Hastati. Ikaw ba kaya mong i-prove un paratang mo about my identity? :P

• Like (+1) 2
Guest eljuego

sus naman, si toroman sinabi naniniwala siyang magkakamedalya ang Gilas kahit wala si Marcus at sinangayunan mo ito. Pero nun natalo at di nagkamedal sabay bawi at sabi mong you made that opinion with Douthit in the line-up. mas malinaw pa sa sikat ng araw un sinulat mo, wag na magpalusot kasi documented na lahat. Gusto mo bang ulitin ko i-post?

I-deny ba ang kanyan common identity .... tangos siguro ng ilong mo :lol: Sige nagkataon lang pala na same ang style ninyo nina Megalodon at Hastati. Ikaw ba kaya mong i-prove un paratang mo about my identity? :P

Tsk tsk. Nicks change but the posts never change. All you've been posting are my opinions which don't prove a thing and this is something you're adept at. Sige post mo ulit. Sino ba magmumukang broken record pag pinost mo ng pinost? Ikaw naman hindi ako. Tsk tsk. Ano nga ba ang style ni megalodon at ni hastati? Naiintriga na ko. Pakita mo nga mga post nila at para makita ko ang pinagsasabi mo? Or wala ka na naman maipakita? laugh.gif Matangos talaga ilong ko. Pango ba sayo? laugh.gif

I didn't know fair-weather fans could be piqued when they get humiliated in the thread. Talagang certainty ang panalo ng SG sa Qatar. You'd give Madame Auring a run for her money. laugh.gif

Edited by eljuego
  • Downvote 1
Guest eljuego

Been observing your discussion with Celts on the issue. I don't think me posting before the game would actually settle your argument. It's a He said She said thing.

With the score, it shows once and for all that Iran even without their main man Haddadi is indeed the better team man for man.

Didn't know you're quite sensitive if proven otherwise. :lol:

Uhm, peithe. This was what rooster69ph posted. The one I was arguing with was peithe, not celts. rooster69ph made a Freudian slip by mentioning celts instead of peithe. How would rooster69ph even know celts when it was peithe who was the one arguing? The only reason he or shall I say you mentioned celts was coz that's the nick you use most of the time. It doesn't take a Sherlock Holmes to deduce that the 3 of you are one and the same person You're now using peithe coz celts got canned. laugh.gif

Edited by eljuego