Team Pilipinas Basketball

rakizta

Guest eljuego

Well just because Fajardo refuse to play for SG does not mean he's unprofessional. Pwede siguro questionin un pagka-makabayan niya.

Kung totoo ang chismis na hindi siya pinayagan ng school niya to play for SG then you can actually admire his professionalism kasi nirerespeto niya un unang agreement/commitment niya with his school.

Does this mean that the decision of Fajardo's school supersedes national interest? unsure.gif

ano professionalism pinagsasabi mo RER, the kid is still playing ball for his school? he has commitments there. isnt it right lang when he decides to play for SG to let the school know about his actions?

kaya nga natanggal si BJ manalo sa dlsu, kse he was training with the green archers, tapos ung pbl team ng dlsu and includes ung philippine team pa nun. so when he got injured nainis si franz especially on a year his needed most.

there are a lot of reasons for him why he doesnt want to play! unless he said it himself then only then we can actually judge him. hindi ibig sabihin hindi sya makabayan, iba nga naglalaro na sa philippine team e hindi naman buo loob maglaro.

kung naturalize Filipino si Fajardo, dapat syang alisan ng citizenship. Pero kung pinoy talaga sya dapat hindi sya kunin ng ilang PBA teams in the future, dahil question ang professionalism nya.

Local player si Fajardo, Philippines is a democratic country and government therefore it doesn't have any power or authority over the decisions of it's populace both local and naturalized, except on government employees and military personnels. We are free to decide everything as long as it is within the provisions of the constitution. As of now only the professional practitioners (BAR and Board exam passers) are the only private individuals answerable to the gov't. only for the concerns of their practice. Athletes don't have those kinds of liabilities since there are no such thing as a "professional athlete" in our constitution, it's only a term used to commercialize the sport. PSC and POC doesn't have governing powers over the athletes they are just mere administrators and coordinators for the sports disciplines. PBA is also a private entity so they can do anything legal, the gov't cannot intrude in their affairs or activities. Unlike China who is a Communist country, they have direct control over their athletes (e.g. Wang Zhi Zhi scenario).

Local player si Fajardo, Philippines is a democratic country and government therefore it doesn't have any power or authority over the decisions of it's populace both local and naturalized, except on government employees and military personnels. We are free to decide everything as long as it is within the provisions of the constitution. As of now only the professional practitioners (BAR and Board exam passers) are the only private individuals answerable to the gov't. only for the concerns of their practice. Athletes don't have those kinds of liabilities since there are no such thing as a "professional athlete" in our constitution, it's only a term used to commercialize the sport. PSC and POC doesn't have governing powers over the athletes they are just mere administrators and coordinators for the sports disciplines. PBA is also a private entity so they can do anything legal, the gov't cannot intrude in their affairs or activities. Unlike China who is a Communist country, they have direct control over their athletes (e.g. Wang Zhi Zhi scenario).

The reason why i suggest not to hire(ng PBA) ang player na tumangging maglaro sa national team is to avoid people who ignore those duties. Isa sa reason bakit mahina ang line up ng National team. Question ang professionalism nila because may mga player na ayaw maglaro sa National team dahil hindi sila kikita ng malaki, or takot silang mainjured. Nasagot na yan dahil may private firm na sumagot at nagsponsor. Thats why I admire Taulava, na pag sinabing mglaro a national team maglalaro. PBA team must think twice for the player who only play for money. One day ibebenta nyan ang laro ng dahil sa pera.

i think pagdating dyan its a matter of principles na e, not all people are makabayan. just like when war comes to the phils everyone man probably as long he can hold a gun in desperate need will be called and accounted for.

but not all people called wants to fight! not all people at that time chosen wants to hold a gun or be part of it.

comparing asi he really wants to play talaga! unlike james yap and so so. para sa akin mahina ang lineup ng national team is not dahil talagang walang players , sa akin magulo ang systema. if playing for the nationals can truly be promising as the pba why not? your wearing the national team jersey hindi ba dapat mas prestige :P

but sadly its a reality , could it be the same for rico-M when he chose pba over SG

Does this mean that the decision of Fajardo's school supersedes national interest? unsure.gif

I don't know ... you may wanna ask the DND if playing BASKETBALL would fall under the classification of NATIONAL INTEREST first.

Basta ang alam ko voluntary ang paglalaro sa national team. So kung may mali man si Fajardo or ang school hindi professionalism kundi nationalism (or un pagkamakabayan nila)

Guest eljuego

I don't know ... you may wanna ask the DND if playing BASKETBALL would fall under the classification of NATIONAL INTEREST first.

Basta ang alam ko voluntary ang paglalaro sa national team. So kung may mali man si Fajardo or ang school hindi professionalism kundi nationalism (or un pagkamakabayan nila)

Say what? Ano naman kinalaman ng Department of National Defense dito? Baka national security ang ibig mo sabihin. laugh.gif

The reason why i suggest not to hire(ng PBA) ang player na tumangging maglaro sa national team is to avoid people who ignore those duties. Isa sa reason bakit mahina ang line up ng National team. Question ang professionalism nila because may mga player na ayaw maglaro sa National team dahil hindi sila kikita ng malaki, or takot silang mainjured. Nasagot na yan dahil may private firm na sumagot at nagsponsor. Thats why I admire Taulava, na pag sinabing mglaro a national team maglalaro. PBA team must think twice for the player who only play for money. One day ibebenta nyan ang laro ng dahil sa pera.

For me "professionalism" means the rightful manner of honoring your word or transactions you entered to, also the proper way of how you handle yourself infornt of the others either higher than you or lower in life status. It's a matter of nationalism kung bakit ayaw ng iba maglaro sa NT.

Sa PBA ok sa kanila kasi pagnaglaro ka dun pipirma ka ng contract kaya mahahawakan ka nila as per terms of your contract.

Kay Fajardo it's a matter of "nationalism" rather than "professionalism".

No.

However, Smart-Gilas program is not a conscripting outfit, not like the army in times of war. Meaning, anyone has the constitutionally guaranteed right to refuse and to choose na maglaro kung saan nya gusto :D

Furthermore, kelan naging national interest ang basketball or sports for that matter?

Say what? Ano naman kinalaman ng Department of National Defense dito? Baka national security ang ibig mo sabihin. laugh.gif

Natinal Security? hindi naman threat si Fajardo pag hindi naglaro.

Correct me I'm wrong pero pag nag implement ng Martial Law DND ata ang nagpapatupad ... ganun kasi nun time ni Marcos. Si then Defense Chief Enrile played a role in suppressing human rights.

So if you wanna force Fajardo to play you may have to implement Martial Law. That's what's on my mind.

Edited by peithe
Guest eljuego

Natinal Security? hindi naman threat si Fajardo pag hindi naglaro.

Correct me I'm wrong pero pag nag implement ng Martial Law DND ata ang nagpapatupad ... ganun kasi nun time ni Marcos. Si then Defense Chief Enrile played a role in suppressing human rights.

So if you wanna force Fajardo to play you may have to implement Martial Law. That's what's on my mind.

Ano nga kinalaman ng DND dito sa thread na to? laugh.gif This post is way off-tangent. I think you're in the wrong section. There is a Politics, Economy and Current Events section.

Guest eljuego

Galing kumambiyo ... pag salpok sa dead end sabay bwerta. :lol:

I think its your thinking that's off tangent if you didn't get what I'm referreing to about the issue on hand about forcing Fajardo to play for SG despite his unwillingness to to so.

Salpok sa deadend? Sino kaya yung OT at sinasali ang Department of National Defense? laugh.gif Pero magtatanong ka nung una, why not Fajardo? Tsk tsk. Bakit mas magaling ba si Fajardo kay AVO? Sa UAAP thread, sabi mo na nakita mo na maglaro si AVO personally pero wala kang mapakitang evidence. Tsk tsk.

Edited by eljuego

Galing kumambiyo ... pag salpok sa dead end sabay bwerta. :lol:

I think its your thinking that's off tangent if you didn't get what I'm referreing to about the issue on hand about forcing Fajardo to play for SG despite his unwillingness to to so.

I think its clear kung ano un pinupunto ko at this point. It not about who is better between Fajardo and AVO.

for smart gilas to work it should follow what the philippine football association is doing. Drop alll its present roster and start hiring FIL-FOREIGNER... it works with soccer i think it will work with basketball... although we were able to qualify for the semis in the SUZUKI CUP. Are you really proud of a team compose mostly of FIL-FOREIGNER whom i doubt whether they can sing the national athem or speak a sentence in straight tagalog. out of the eleven starting unityou got 7 foreigners.... thats not the way you develope sports. we will keep on relying on those import to do the job for us. Then there in araneta who is crying foul for not letting the country host one of the two semi final games with indonesia.... heck saan m palalaruin mga yan dyan s kalye..... we don't eve have a decent football field for our players to train... if we want to strengthen our local players lets start investing in putting up decent venue for our players to practice..... maybe we should start investing there rather than look for foreigner merceneries to don our uniform and do the job that we are suppose to do in the first place.

I'm not that deep with the football team, but the core of this team has been together since the last Manila SEAG.

Was that an instant success of a hastily formed team?

If SG would drop it's present roster then form a new roster the team development would be again go back to zero level, what benefit would it give to SG?

Time rippens everything.

Na post ko a dati ung, pagkakaroon ng solidong team, sa history ng Asean Fiba, may mga team na nag2nd or 3rd runne up bago nagchampion. Ngaun kung sa case ng SG bibigyan natin ng kondisyon na pag hind nakpasok sa championship eh paltan lahat. Eh lalong mapapasama ang performance. Hayaan na lang natin ang diskarte ng management ng SG i think alam nila ang ginagawa nila.

One of the problem we face is that while there is a so-called development program, at the last minute our basketball officials would seek pba reinforcement to ensure competitiveness or a respectable finish. Unfortunately, that also would have an impact in the long run. Imagine Asi getting all the playing time supposedly of Greg the last tournament. We may be better with Asi playing Center for us but it also delayed the progress of Greg. He could have gained a lot of experience with those heavy minutes.

One of the problem we face is that while there is a so-called development program, at the last minute our basketball officials would seek pba reinforcement to ensure competitiveness or a respectable finish. Unfortunately, that also would have an impact in the long run. Imagine Asi getting all the playing time supposedly of Greg the last tournament. We may be better with Asi playing Center for us but it also delayed the progress of Greg. He could have gained a lot of experience with those heavy minutes.

SG was hoping for a medal finish to make a statement that's why SG requested for PBA reinforcements and hasten the loss of Douthit.

Players don't just develop by playing time alone training time is also neccessary. Asi is the perfect training partner for Greg since they play the same position and Asi is one of our best veteran centers and he had been part of the past NTs.

It was a mix of rookies and veterans thing, the only shot is SG should have requested reinforcements a year earlier.

SG was hoping for a medal finish to make a statement that's why SG requested for PBA reinforcements and hasten the loss of Douthit.

Players don't just develop by playing time alone training time is also neccessary. Asi is the perfect training partner for Greg since they play the same position and Asi is one of our best veteran centers and he had been part of the past NTs.

It was a mix of rookies and veterans thing, the only shot is SG should have requested reinforcements a year earlier.

That is the point, because we're are a basketball crazy nation we expect a medal finish thus at the last minute the reinforcement to plug in the weakness of this team.

First and foremost, it was clear from the start that Gilas will be a "developmental team" meaning from the start the PBA have made it clear that they would not lend their players. Having that in mind, and if the officials would really think long term by just giving these kids the exposure to gain confidence needed in future battle.

I agree with you that players don't develop by playing time alone as training is also necessary. These players got ample of training but guys like Greg for example don't have the playing time specially when Marcus is around. As such, it could have been a perfect opportunity to give him the playing time needed for esposure to gain confidence. So what if we lose now so long as we're on track to win in the Fiba Olympic qualifiers.

I don't mind sending PBA players but if we intend to as you said lets decide on it earlier. In fact I still believe that the best players we have are currently playing in the PBA. But we've also known that lack of preparation/cohesiveness is one of the reasons why we didn't do well in the past. This has been addressed with the formation of Gilas wherein the objective is for these guys to train together year-round. But suddenly, you add 3 players the last minute and I believe it could have been more if the PBA would be more than willing to extend a helping hand.

• Like (+1) 1