Team Pilipinas Basketball

rakizta

Guest eljuego

Sir eto po un sinabi ninyo na na quote ni rooster ... para di ka na mahirapan sa paghahanap.

So from believing that we could get a medal it finally ended up hoping for a 5th place right? That is per your word what you call a fair weather fan. Un napagtatalo na kasi ang Gilas biglang nagbago pananaw mo.

I could have been wrong in my prediction that we will end up 5th ...i won't give excuses, but at least in the end despite all the team's inconsistent performance during the tournament I still end up optimist for this team.

Anyway, there goes the 2010 Asian Games and we look forward to the future. I believe this tourney is already a guage of our team. Let us lower our expectation and hope for the best. As long as we know we've given our best despite all the limitations we have then we should all be proud win or lose.

Actually hats off to Asi, we've seen a lot of Pro's turning down invitation to play for the national team. But si Asi pa mismo nag volunteer even if he could have opted not to.

Sa NBA nakikita marami rin players na very selective sa pagsali sa international tournaments. Just look at the likes of Kobe, LBJ, D-Wade and the rest of the members of the last Team USA Olympic champion squad. Lahat sila hindi naglaro for the World Championship pero isa-isa na nagpapahiwatig ng intention na maglaro sa susunod na Olympics.

May sinabi ba kong we will certainly win against Iran? Haha! laugh.gif I said I believe we could get a medal but I didn't say we would certainly win against Iran.

• Downvote 1

Mag naturalize na lang tayo ng Korean, Chinese at Iranian basketbolistas! :lol:

Pag-may itsura ang potential nanay.....handa akong mag-donate ng aking DNA para maging natural born pinoys sila.

Or better yet, mag-uumpisa ako ng semen drive.

"Semilya, mula sa puso....for the benefit of the Philippine basketball dream"

Pag-may itsura ang potential nanay.....handa akong mag-donate ng aking DNA para maging natural born pinoys sila.

Or better yet, mag-uumpisa ako ng semen drive.

"Semilya, mula sa puso....for the benefit of the Philippine basketball dream"

para sureball ibibigay sayo yun nanay ni yao ming at least baka magkaroon tayo ng isang 7-footer courtesy of master amante!!!

magiging isa kang dakilang bayani walang inaatrasan buo ang loob tibay ng sikmura!! basta sa kapakanan ng bayan hehe:lol:

peace

Nope, did not missed them during that SEAGs. I just observed other sports that have medal potentials for the Philippines. What sport? One is volleyball. yes we have the height to match the other teams including the internationals, not just in Asia, AND.....hindi physical. Natatalo tayo sa mga physical games kasi nga ayaw masaktan at mapilayan all because their eyes are on the high paying jobs sa pros. Yes, you can have sprained ankles sa volleyball but not that nangyayari sa basketball. We have the speed, the height, and the guts for volleyball. Another thing, maliit lang espasyo for the sport na hindi kagaya ng football, baseball. I remember when Fischer won the world championship over Spassky sa chess, basketball took a backseat sa Pilipinas and chess became the national passion at that time.Nasabay pa sa pagiging grandmaster ni Eugene Torre. I think lang na siguro kung ma instill lang sa mind ng Pinoys that we have pag asa sa ibang sports, lalayo ang loob ng Pinoy sa basketball "passion". Same thing when SEAG were held here early 80s, with Lydia de Vega, Del Prado, Carmelo, Thompson, Buhia won medals, halos napuno ang swimming pools, tracks sa Metro Manila and provinces.

If you don't miss basketball then why are you posting in a baskeball thread? Maybe there is a volleyball thread here or you may start one.

If we do drop basketball and divert to these sport disciplines will these make us instant contenders in the Asiad level? If we develop these disciplines are going to produce instant Asiad Gold or will they go thru the similar pains SG suffering?

If these discipline suffer defeats on their 1st Asiad will you stop them also and divert to another?

crystalx,

i think the point one person is raising that sports doesnt have to be basketball alone, i think youll agree with me that the south koreans are better now in basketball than before, they utilize themsleves to their strenght which is speed and shooting. even in this improvement koreans are known best ( for me ) in their bowling team.

they spend tons of money in bowling not just getting coaches who are winners and familiar in the international competition, do really do spend for that sport.

unlike us the pinoys, basketball and basketball na lang lagi.

also remember those times we got nba players to come and visit the country, they have a common suggestion and that is we should improve on our shooting and speed. still we ended up playing like the nba thinking we have the afro's and the built and height to go with it. sa pinas cguro kaya but international? just like yeng guiao would say " im only thinking of defeating the san miguels or in short rivals sa pba and nothing else"

even the best ball handlers we got losses the ball sa international games e, i remember johnny A in his prime just lost the ball while dribbling it between the legs forgot lang if it was koreans, chinese or shaq's team that went here. it didnt happen just once i tell you.

i think its time that the govt should do what they need to do, hindi na lang puro asa asa sa mga mayayaman, tulad ng ginagawa nila sa bansa nasa umaasa sa ofw, and kung ano pa

sadly unless we see a change in how our country does it works and system. malabo super labo,

there is no problem of sending athletes to compete, its not about being sure to win only then we send our team but did we truly truly prepare ourselves carefully and properly for us to win the competition. going against strong nations like china and hoping to win is already wishing for a miracle but are we really ready? is it really a 50-50 % chance at all?

one did mention about former athletes who gave the country pride and medals, that was then wherein sports isnt as develop as now, with the kind of training not just to the sport but to every individual such as swimmers are ask to gone through a series of test on a control environment to see the way they swim and how to further improve their stroke to gain better speed. such as runner who are task not just to run everyday but how their bodies are built to conform to a better running.

nahuhuli na tayo, tulad ng agriculture sector ng bansa. china improve so much , but imagine japan wherein it isnt as rich in resources such as and koreans also but they have more better agricultural reforms than us. we already stop on producing crops we produce before either by being controlled by the govt ( yes , that led to importing and may yumayaman ) or the country itself of its topography issues and weather matters. still for how long na lagi tayo bagyo dami nasisira in the end walang improvement , kapos ang ani ng magsasaka wala ginagawa kse mag import na lang daw. ilang billion nawawala kse walang plano.

in the end sad to say mayayabang pa tayo!

Agree, my point is we shouldn't scrap a program that hasn't matured yet, other sport disciplines doen't lag behind basketball they're just not given the same amount of hype and media as basketball do. Our volleyball have Shakey's, football have Negros, Wushu have Manila, Swimmers are trained either in China or US, Chess have Mapua, Taekwondo jins train in South Korea and Judo is backed by the AFP and the legendary John Baylon. It's just the media exposure and hype that differs basketball from other sports. The reason why SBP hired Toroman is to adjust the play patterns of Phil basketball to the international style of play.

Your also dead-on that the gov't should do it's part. It is very lame that we don't have any coverage on the last Asian Games, us here had to contend ourselves in watching the games in Korean, Indian, Thai and Arab channels.

The programs are good but the gov't. isn't helping and a burden too. Sad to say the Aquino Gov't is well on the way becoming worse than the Arroyo Gov't. What a lame guy PNoy is. If the gov't couldn't help they shouldn't mingle with the sports bodies affairs.

^

and then what?

sana contructive ang mga criticisms para hindi magparang-alimasag.

I don't have to criticize Smart-Malas because i'm always against them.

Mas lalo akong sasabihan ng utak alimasag pag tinuligsa ko ang team na to.

You have to be realistic and admit with all your heart na ang BASKETBALL

eh nauso pa sa Pilipinas bago naging presidente si Madam Cory.

and then what?

did smart malas snatch a medal during the last Asian Games?

i'm thinking crab right now...tsk.tsk..tsk..

the point is . . . . no wonder we dont get any good news in the philippines if you watch the news, even that i am out of the country and is watching satellite pinoy channels and all i get is what news?, the effort isnt there to make anything good at all.

good news manny pacman won - sariling effort

dagdag holiday? - kawawa ang investor or mga business people naghahabol na nga sa target output sabay holiday , shut down or pay more?

should i add more?

panay na lang may aksidente, may napapatay kso what? sagot dyan ibalik ang death penalty?

panay sabi na iinvestigahan , ina-alam, inquiry, hearing , ilang weeks, ilang buwan - nasanay kse sa kakanuod ng telenovela kaya pati araw araw na trabaho naging koreanovela na.

Well, develop another sport that we have capabilities to be champions or at least a good fighting chance. Hindi lang naman basketball. Para kasi naging fishball, nandun lang isda sa loob ng aquarium. Hindi na nakakalabas, nadidilat mata. Puro basketball, puro basketball....yes, its our national sport (hindi na sepak takraw) but that does not mean you have to spend millions of dollars on a walang kakahinatnan na sport. Yung kasing tumatalo sa atin, ni hindi pinapansin ang basketball sa kanilang bansa. And sa atin, puro basketball, basketball, basketball, tapos wala man lang placing. WAKE UP, GOVERNMENT. WAKE UP, MVP, WAKE UP PEPING!!!

MVP IS already supporting various other sports aside from basketball. Kulang pa ba ito?

http://www.smartsports.net/home

I don't have to criticize Smart-Malas because i'm always against them.

Mas lalo akong sasabihan ng utak alimasag pag tinuligsa ko ang team na to.

You have to be realistic and admit with all your heart na ang BASKETBALL

eh nauso pa sa Pilipinas bago naging presidente si Madam Cory.

and then what?

did smart malas snatch a medal during the last Asian Games?

i'm thinking crab right now...tsk.tsk..tsk..

you don't want to criticize them further, constructively or otherwise? fair enough. but by doing so, you really do sound like a crab by saying "buwagin nalang ang team. basta." i don't know you personally but, from my perspective, anyone mouthing that sounds crab to me.

it doesn't help that you didn't answer my question squarely.

and then what?

well, you could've said- 'let's focus our efforts on other sports'. or perhaps say 'let's form another team with more focus'. or maybe, as i would expect you to say, "buwagin nalang ang team. basta!" again, shouts crab to me but at least, you get to answer the question. which you didn't.

tsk, tsk..

yes bakit natin buwagin yung team. oo ngat from the very start alam nating alng pupuntahan yung smart gilas pero hindi dahil sa walang kwenta yung program ng gilas its just that nagsisimula pa lang yung program. babalik na naman ba tau sa panahong kapag may events eh saka lang tayo maghahagilap ng mga players. sa halip na pulahan natin yung national team natin we have to support them kahit na nagtatalo pa yan. kasi national team nga yan eh. representative yan ng lahi natin at dahil wala namang kahihiyan sa lahi natin na ginawa ng gilas we have to stick with them. kaya tayo nagkakaganito eh. kasi sariling atin sinisiraan natin. tingnan mo sa world cup kahit na talunan yung mga teams nila all the way ang suporta nila.

yes bakit natin buwagin yung team. oo ngat from the very start alam nating alng pupuntahan yung smart gilas pero hindi dahil sa walang kwenta yung program ng gilas its just that nagsisimula pa lang yung program. babalik na naman ba tau sa panahong kapag may events eh saka lang tayo maghahagilap ng mga players. sa halip na pulahan natin yung national team natin we have to support them kahit na nagtatalo pa yan. kasi national team nga yan eh. representative yan ng lahi natin at dahil wala namang kahihiyan sa lahi natin na ginawa ng gilas we have to stick with them. kaya tayo nagkakaganito eh. kasi sariling atin sinisiraan natin. tingnan mo sa world cup kahit na talunan yung mga teams nila all the way ang suporta nila.

dead on pare dead on...bakit kaya hindi natin magawa yung ganun...

dead on pare dead on...bakit kaya hindi natin magawa yung ganun...

you don't want to criticize them further, constructively or otherwise? fair enough. but by doing so, you really do sound like a crab by saying "buwagin nalang ang team. basta." i don't know you personally but, from my perspective, anyone mouthing that sounds crab to me.

it doesn't help that you didn't answer my question squarely.

and then what?

well, you could've said- 'let's focus our efforts on other sports'. or perhaps say 'let's form another team with more focus'. or maybe, as i would expect you to say, "buwagin nalang ang team. basta!" again, shouts crab to me but at least, you get to answer the question. which you didn't.

tsk, tsk..

so you didn't get my point,my mentality is so crab talaga,pity myself i'm talking to a much higher form of crab..

Guest eljuego

What else is new??? PALUSOT!!! Amen to that.

I said SG has a big chance of beating Iran. I never said that beating Iran was a certainty. Sana sinabi mo na you were the one who posted post 1302. Iisa lang naman kayo. laugh.gif

Edited by eljuego
  • Downvote 1

so you didn't get my point,my mentality is so crab talaga,pity myself i'm talking to a much higher form of crab..

your point that basketball has been around for ages and nothing has come of it?

no, that's not it? spoon feed me then so that i can learn from thy wisest of them all king crab.