Team Pilipinas Basketball

rakizta

With some Gilas players on injured list...

“It’s not so nice... we have a lot of injury. We had a tough five months travelling around the world (for competitions). Unfortunately now, we have injured players,” Toroman said, referring to JV Casio (MCL), Marcio Lassiter (right knee), as well as Chris Tiu, Mark Baracael, and JR Cawaling.

FIL-AM guard Chris Lutz finally arrived to help the Smart Gilas... days before FIBA CUP.

http://teampilipinas.info/2010/05/fil-am-lutz-joins-serbian-in-smart.html

may attitude problem na pala itong si Japeth? will he be an asset or liability to the team?

http://teampilipinas.info/2010/05/fil-am-slaughter-outshines-aguilar.html

I heard even his own father, the ex-PBA player Peter Aguilar, is so disgusted with him, that the father berated

the son in one of their games where the father was watching...Tsk Tsk Tsk!

He's now upstaged by Greg Slaughter who continues to improve by the day...To think that Japeth was initially

groomed to be the go-to guy.

I heard even his own father, the ex-PBA player Peter Aguilar, is so disgusted with him, that the father berated

the son in one of their games where the father was watching...Tsk Tsk Tsk!

He's now upstaged by Greg Slaughter who continues to improve by the day...To think that Japeth was initially

groomed to be the go-to guy.

a simple case of an overrated player, given much hype, without proving anything both in the UAAP AND THE US NCAA....

a simple case of an overrated player, given much hype, without proving anything both in the UAAP AND THE US NCAA....

not to mention his 1st game in the pba... AIR21 vs. PUREFOODS. #1 pick Aguilar vs. #2 pick Maierhoffer. While Maierhoffer amazes the crowd with best plays, Aguilar disappoints not only the crowd but also his team. He can't even guard Kerby Raymundo during that duel.

not to mention his 1st game in the pba... AIR21 vs. PUREFOODS. #1 pick Aguilar vs. #2 pick Maierhoffer. While Maierhoffer amazes the crowd with best plays, Aguilar disappoints not only the crowd but also his team. He can't even guard Kerby Raymundo during that duel.

kahit na lang nung FIBA....Japeth dis-appointed all Filipino sa nilaro nya!!

From report/s, kitang kita raw ang size difference. Kinakalabaw ang mga bata natin sa ilalim Tsk Tsk Tsk!!!

Nweys, sana maka-adjust si Toroman and coaching staff.

Sabagay, may 2 imports(mga very athletic Americans) ang mga competitors dito. Sana lang sa tournament that

matters, okay na tayo. But come to think of it, kahit ganun sitwasyon sana di natatambakan...

its best for us not to expect too much from this team. Really how many of you think that the new jersey nets will have a winning season and barge into the NBA playoff.....ganyan din yan.... walang pinagiba.... we are over match with our asian neighbors.... they are bigger and outweight us.... if we really want to barge into the olympics... we have to get an entire line up of fil foreigners, and even with such lineup medyo malabo p rin tayo..... sabihin natin idaan natin s bilis.... s tingin b ninyo d rin bibilis mga yan....we have to grow a couple of inches taller and about 10 - 20 lbs. heavier for us to compete at the asian elite level.... we surely can lord it over our ASEAN counterpart... but it will take a couple of generation more to catch up with the asian elite and by then those countries will be able to send players to the NBA.... you check todays yahoo sports news and you will see that there is a couple of INDIAN 7' young teenager(BROTHERS) being eyed by US NCAA division 1 teams....

^

despite your lousy way of writing, i was able to decipher enough of what you want to come across. while "height is might" and we lack in this department (this is essentially what you are saying, pinaikot-ikot mo lang), our interest in basketball is more than other asian countries and, as a result, we still have more basketball spunk than they. i think that is enough to get our expectations high.

i say we support this team keeping our expectations high. because if we don't, why support such an endeavor at all? however if it fails, let's applaud their effort and anticipate their next outing with as much glee.

^

despite your lousy way of writing, i was able to decipher enough of what you want to come across. while "height is might" and we lack in this department (this is essentially what you are saying, pinaikot-ikot mo lang), our interest in basketball is more than other asian countries and, as a result, we still have more basketball spunk than they. i think that is enough to get our expectations high.

i say we support this team keeping our expectations high. because if we don't, why support such an endeavor at all? however if it fails, let's applaud their effort and anticipate their next outing with as much glee.

i have to apologize to those people who find it quite hard to understand my writing. d naman kasi ako english major. I'm grateful though for thos who do make an extra mile in understanding m thoughts.... Simply put our heydays of being a dominant player in asia is on the decline.... case in point... our collegiate program.... almost all the teams that are competing in both NCAA and UAAP is scouring the world to get an import to beef u their lineup.... SAN BEDA won theirs courtesy of EKWE.... la salle during its glorious run relied on cortez and allado although filipino of origin but american by training.... if you check the present lineup of JRU they have a couple of players from cameroon.. mind you this players are not tall neither are they that skill also for them to play in the us of a....

An update on FIBA ASIA Champions Cup:

DOHA- Defending champion Mahram of Iran came up with a disciplined showing to stop the enthusiasm of Smart Gilas of Philippines in its tracks in a Group A game on Tuesday.

Mahram’s 86-72 win – their third from as many games in the competition – pits them for a Group topper clash with hosts Al Rayyan, who earlier posted a similar win record.

Smart Gilas, having suffered their third defeat in succession, now face the task of beating Iraq’s Duhok in the last game of preliminary round on Wednesday.

Mahram, as was expected did all the running for the better part of the first quarter.

Smart Gilas, looking out for an opening the tough Mahram defense, scattered their rivals early in the second.

Serbian import Milan Vucicevic’s back-to-back successes on the pain followed by Rafael Juz’ crisp long-ranger and Marnel Baracel’s attractive lay-up even gave the Filipino a 28-26 lead early in the second quarter.

But Mahram recovered their composure and hit back.

Hamed Afagh combined well with Jackson Vroman and Kaveh Nourafza as the Iranian league champions regained their lead and powered ahead with a 10-0 run to take a 36-28 lead never to look back.

Vroman top scored the game with 28 points, and collected half as many rebounds.

“I guess we made some loose mistakes in our defense,” said Mahram captain Mahdi Kamrany.

“These things happen in deep competitions like this, especially against a speedy team like the Smart Gilas,” said Samad Nikkah.

“It was a fantastic experience for the boys to play such a tough and tested opposition,” said Smart Gilas coach Toroman Rajko.

finally! a win by smart gilas

PHI - 76

IRQ - 74

http://doha2010.fiba...ails.aspx?id=36

Buti nanalo. Congratulations. BUT the thing is Club team lang ng Iraq, nahirapan pa ang Team Philippines! Pathetic! Realistically speaking, Iraq is not even a basketball nation. Am not downgrading the win pero nakaka taas kilay pa rin. Nuon nilalampaso lang natin the likes of Jordan (ave. win natin 50 points). Well, dont know what happened. siguro nga dahil may mga imports sila. Pero, come to think of it, ang hina ng team natin.

if this is the first acid test of the Smart Gilas team

sadly....lusaw ang nangyari

so whats' the excuse this time? nde pa masyado gel ang team kasi sa mga new players...

eh bakit kuha ng kuha ng bago?

I say, settle the team composition as early as now (except for the naturalized import) but, that needs to happen before the Asian Games rolls over, whether or not makakapag-laro un sa Asian games, kailangan ma-settle na nila ito, otherwise, pareho lang ang mangyayari nyan kung tunay na.

Kung matalo, manalo, yan na ang team. No more additions (pwera na lang kung ma-injure or ma-disqualify).