Practical Shooting

pareng pare

sir Dogbite is right. pick an AFAD member. or, better yet, since your in MCS na rin, you go straight to the Armscor shop in the basement, next to the health clinic. i have had 2 armscors over the years. their a great base gun to start from

Good evening po.

I went to Armscor MCS na. I've tried both their 9mm and .45 pistols and I've changed my mind and narrowed down my choices to a 9mm. Parang mas madaling kontrolin ang recoil nya e. Tsaka pang-home defense lang naman. I'm thinking of getting either a norinco or armscor.

Sturdy daw ang Norinco dahil maganda ang gawa nila sa steel ng guns nila.

Ang armscor naman kilalang brand tapos quality daw ang pistols nila... although parang di ko gusto na 9 rounds lang ang nalalagay sa magazine, samantalang ang norinco 15 rounds...

What do you suggest I get among the two?

Thanks!

Edited by shinta
Good evening po.

I went to Armscor MCS na. I've tried both their 9mm and .45 pistols and I've changed my mind and narrowed down my choices to a 9mm. Parang mas madaling kontrolin ang recoil nya e. Tsaka pang-home defense lang naman. I'm thinking of getting either a norinco or armscor.

Ang armscor naman kilalang brand tapos quality daw ang pistols nila... although parang di ko gusto na 9 rounds lang ang nalalagay sa magazine, samantalang ang norinco 15 rounds...

Thanks!

sorry for the late reply. sir shinta, i do believe there's a 9mm hicap 1911 available sa armscor, you could try that. if your not dead set on a 1911 design, armscor also has the tanfoglio in 9mm, as well as their version the AP9

Good evening po.

Thanks!

For a beginner, 45 caliber is difficult to control particularly the recoil, but it has the best stopping power if home and personal security will be considered. All guns had its own characteristic for which the shooter must familiarized per se.

If you will choose 9mm, Sir miggyE suggestion is right, why not opt for the Tanfoglio 9mm which is truly competitive and had been tested by PRODUCTION shooters in IPSC competition. Tanfoglio is being manufactured also by ARMSCORP for which replacement parts is readily available in the market.

Inform us if you had your gun then we will advise the proper break in procedure.

GOOD LUCK AND SAFETY SHOOTING.

One of the posts at pinoyguns made me decide to get a Norinco na lang... :(

I've ordered one na and I'll be getting it by Friday or Saturday. I tested the one they had for demo and it was kinda heavy but I liked how the 2-tone version looked.

I've read that I'm supposed to break-in the pistol using 50 rounds of new FMJs, then 100-200 rounds of reloaded FMJs. Is that alright?

I plan to have the new 50 rounds reloaded at armscor for my weekly accuracy practice.

One of the posts at pinoyguns made me decide to get a Norinco na lang... :(

I've ordered one na and I'll be getting it by Friday or Saturday. I tested the one they had for demo and it was kinda heavy but I liked how the 2-tone version looked.

I've read that I'm supposed to break-in the pistol using 50 rounds of new FMJs, then 100-200 rounds of reloaded FMJs. Is that alright?

I plan to have the new 50 rounds reloaded at armscor for my weekly accuracy practice.

CONGRATS AND WELCOME TO THE SHOOTING WORLD. Sir Shinta, save your 50 rounds of new ammo for your carry and use the reloaded FMJ for your break-in. Ask the reloader for an IPSC load so they will give you the correct power factor. You may also use the TEFLON head later on with almost the same feel and behavior of FMJ.

I guess TEFLON is available in TRUEWEIGHT , STRONGHAND, JETHRO. If TEFLON is not available, try using the FMJ.

Use the same bullet head you are loading in your carry gun to familiarize yourself with the recoil in cases of eventualities.

GOOD LUCK AND SAFETY SHOOTING

Nag-break in ako ng 50 bullets new FMJs bought at Gun Access, wala akong naging problem, dire-diretso ang pag-fire. Then I had the bullets reloaded at armscor.

One week daw bago makuha yung reloaded na bullet so pagbalik ko sa armscor bumili ako sa kanila ng bagong 50 reloaded FMJs, wala din problem once nag-start na ang firing. Nauubos ko ang isang mag na dire-diretso.

Then last thursday I got my reloaded bullets from them, dalawang magazine ang hindi na-pull yung slide kaya di umaakyat yung bullets sa magazine-- nag-FTF, pero laging yung last na round lang. Sabi ng RO konting break-in pa daw.

What troubles me is, pag kinakasa ko sya sometimes naiipit yung bullet sa slide. Kahit dummy bullet ang gamit ko sa bahay, umiipit sya minsan.

Nung nasa armscor ako pagkasa ko, naiipit yung bullet and I showed it to the Range Officer, sabi ng RO wag ko daw iga-guide pabalik; kaya sya naipit dahil pinigilan ko ang pagbalik. Basta hila tapos bitaw daw. Okay na after nun.

Next firing ko naman bumara ulit yung bullet between the barrel and the slide. The RO checked the gun, mali daw ang lagay ko sa bullets ko, nakapoint sila pababa, dapat daw lahat pataas.

At home naiipit pa rin minsan and I've read ang isang cause daw is "wrist limping", yung malambot ang wrist mo kaya pagkasa tumatalon ang bullet kaya naiipit.

Lagi ko na pinapractice ang pagkasa ko, trying to look for what could be causing it. Pag ni-lock ko naman sa cocked position tapos nilalagay ko yung magazine then press on the release trigger di umiipit so mukhang mali lang talaga ang pagkasa ko.

Ano po sa tingin nyo?

One more thing... minsan pagkaipit sa armscor I pulled the slide kaya lang ayaw lumabas ng bullet kaya pump ko pataas yung FA tapos pagsilip ko, nakaharap sa kin yung bullet! Lumundag sya tapos pumasok sa chamber na baligtad! Inikot ko kaagad yung FA para mag-roll out yung bullet, lumabas naman.

Usually pag naiipit yung bullet yung likod nya nakaipit sa may right dun sa nakausling bakal tapos yung head nya nasa kanan naman ng slide... malapit na dun sa kulay primer ng bullet kung saan tumatama yung firing pin para mag-fire yung bullet.

Di kaya delikado yun? May chance ba nag mag-discharge yung bullet pag tinamaan ng parts ng chamber yung primer?

TIA!

There's a gauge na panukat ng bala para malaman kung "buntis" ang reload ...Minsan kasi reloads ang sumisira ng extractor..

I have a 9mm Bull Cherokee na hanggang ngayon walang range akong napuntahan na hindi naiipitan ng bala.. pero sa mga fmj na bago .. swabe naman..

Better buy those cheap bullet gauge para masukat before loading it on your mag.

Malapit na naman Gun Show... huhuhu

GASTOS na naman.

. . .

am not sure, but it looks like a shell problem to me... as long as nahihila mo yun slide full cycle, dapat ma-pick up nya yun round from the clip and mai-chamber nya yun. iba kasi kung jam sya after firing a round. baka extractor yun.

saka sana po wag nyo sisilipin yun firearm... nakakatakot, baka nga magdischarge yun, matamaan kayo. safety lang po.

There's a gauge na panukat ng bala para malaman kung "buntis" ang reload ...Minsan kasi reloads ang sumisira ng extractor..

I have a 9mm Bull Cherokee na hanggang ngayon walang range akong napuntahan na hindi naiipitan ng bala.. pero sa mga fmj na bago .. swabe naman..

Better buy those cheap bullet gauge para masukat before loading it on your mag.

Malapit na naman Gun Show... huhuhu

GASTOS na naman.

. . .

when exactly ang gun show chief?

Sir Shinta, what you encountered are the common problems for a new gun, thats why we need to break it in, to properly fit and engage the metal components. Dont be discouraged with the way your gun behave.

Kindly give me the following details of your Norinco;

1. what caliber?

2. single stock or hi cap?

3. Are the shells you reloaded new or once fired?

4. After you consumed the 50 rounds ammo or after you fired the gun, did you clean and lubricate it?

5. Do you gauge your ammo before you use it?

Do give me the details and i will advise you what to do next.

By the way, "ALWAYS THREAT AN EMPTY GUN AS IF IT WERE LOADED"...NEVER LOOK AT THE MUZZLE OF THE GUN.

GOOD LUCK AND SAFETY SHOOTING

Nag-break in ako ng 50 bullets new FMJs bought at Gun Access, wala akong naging problem, dire-diretso ang pag-fire. Then I had the bullets reloaded at armscor.

One week daw bago makuha yung reloaded na bullet so pagbalik ko sa armscor bumili ako sa kanila ng bagong 50 reloaded FMJs, wala din problem once nag-start na ang firing. Nauubos ko ang isang mag na dire-diretso.

Then last thursday I got my reloaded bullets from them, dalawang magazine ang hindi na-pull yung slide kaya di umaakyat yung bullets sa magazine-- nag-FTF, pero laging yung last na round lang. Sabi ng RO konting break-in pa daw.

What troubles me is, pag kinakasa ko sya sometimes naiipit yung bullet sa slide. Kahit dummy bullet ang gamit ko sa bahay, umiipit sya minsan.

Nung nasa armscor ako pagkasa ko, naiipit yung bullet and I showed it to the Range Officer, sabi ng RO wag ko daw iga-guide pabalik; kaya sya naipit dahil pinigilan ko ang pagbalik. Basta hila tapos bitaw daw. Okay na after nun.

Next firing ko naman bumara ulit yung bullet between the barrel and the slide. The RO checked the gun, mali daw ang lagay ko sa bullets ko, nakapoint sila pababa, dapat daw lahat pataas.

At home naiipit pa rin minsan and I've read ang isang cause daw is "wrist limping", yung malambot ang wrist mo kaya pagkasa tumatalon ang bullet kaya naiipit.

Lagi ko na pinapractice ang pagkasa ko, trying to look for what could be causing it. Pag ni-lock ko naman sa cocked position tapos nilalagay ko yung magazine then press on the release trigger di umiipit so mukhang mali lang talaga ang pagkasa ko.

Ano po sa tingin nyo?

One more thing... minsan pagkaipit sa armscor I pulled the slide kaya lang ayaw lumabas ng bullet kaya pump ko pataas yung FA tapos pagsilip ko, nakaharap sa kin yung bullet! Lumundag sya tapos pumasok sa chamber na baligtad! Inikot ko kaagad yung FA para mag-roll out yung bullet, lumabas naman.

Usually pag naiipit yung bullet yung likod nya nakaipit sa may right dun sa nakausling bakal tapos yung head nya nasa kanan naman ng slide... malapit na dun sa kulay primer ng bullet kung saan tumatama yung firing pin para mag-fire yung bullet.

Di kaya delikado yun? May chance ba nag mag-discharge yung bullet pag tinamaan ng parts ng chamber yung primer?

TIA!

Hello sir dogbite!

1. what caliber? I have a Norinco NP28, 9mm.

2. single stock or hi cap? Hi cap

3. Are the shells you reloaded new or once fired? Both. I used 50 factory-manufactured FMJs first ( I think one jammed, that's when the RO told me to do a sling shot rack) then had them reloaded (these bullets will be used after 2 weeks). The next week, I bought reloaded FMJs from Armscor (one jammed, this time the

RO told me I stacked the bullets facing down). The third time I went to the firing range, I used the reloaded ammo I used two weeks ago, the ones I used for breaking-in the gun(reloaded once). I had 2 jams, this time the slide failed to cycle completely when I ws on my last bullet. The RO told me to use some more factory-loaded bullets since it needed more breaking-in.

That's not counting several jams I had at home while using a dummy bullet. Once I even noticed the dummy bullet's primer being hit by a metal from the slide and the bullet lodged on a corner of the slide. I thought, if that was a live bullet I would've been in serious trouble. The bullet might have fired!

Someone suggested I clean everything, even the magazine. Another forumer told me to rack the slide with it facing to my left.

It seemed to work, I'm no longer getting jams when I dry fire at home. But still another forumer told me to have it checked with a gunsmith just to be sure, so tomorrow I've scheduled a fine tuning at Metrillo's shop.

4. After you consumed the 50 rounds ammo or after you fired the gun, did you clean and lubricate it? I cleaned the bore with Hoppe's 9 and on everything else, I used redisol gun oil after every use.

5. Do you gauge your ammo before you use it? No, I didn't but I plan on getting me one of those devices soon, just to be on the safe side.

I heard Metrillo does good work. I plan on having the trigger pull lessened aside from the tune-up. What do you think po? I've heard some reviews saying not to have anyone tinker with your FA unless absolutely necessary, so I'm very confused right now. On the one hand, the FA's working well already, but on the other hand, what if I get another jam and the bullet explodes in the chamber? I hope Metrillo's a good choice...

Edited by shinta
Hello sir dogbite!

1. what caliber? I have a Norinco NP28, 9mm.

2. single stock or hi cap? Hi cap

3. Are the shells you reloaded new or once fired? Both. I used 50 factory-manufactured FMJs first ( I think one jammed, that's when the RO told me to do a sling shot rack) then had them reloaded (these bullets will be used after 2 weeks). The next week, I bought reloaded FMJs from Armscor (one jammed, this time the

RO told me I stacked the bullets facing down). The third time I went to the firing range, I used the reloaded ammo I used two weeks ago, the ones I used for breaking-in the gun(reloaded once). I had 2 jams, this time the slide failed to cycle completely when I ws on my last bullet. The RO told me to use some more factory-loaded bullets since it needed more breaking-in.

That's not counting several jams I had at home while using a dummy bullet. Once I even noticed the dummy bullet's primer being hit by a metal from the slide and the bullet lodged on a corner of the slide. I thought, if that was a live bullet I would've been in serious trouble. The bullet might have fired!

Someone suggested I clean everything, even the magazine. Another forumer told me to rack the slide with it facing to my left.

It seemed to work, I'm no longer getting jams when I dry fire at home. But still another forumer told me to have it checked with a gunsmith just to be sure, so tomorrow I've scheduled a fine tuning at Metrillo's shop.

4. After you consumed the 50 rounds ammo or after you fired the gun, did you clean and lubricate it? I cleaned the bore with Hoppe's 9 and on everything else, I used redisol gun oil after every use.

5. Do you gauge your ammo before you use it? No, I didn't but I plan on getting me one of those devices soon, just to be on the safe side.

I heard Metrillo does good work. I plan on having the trigger pull lessened aside from the tune-up. What do you think po? I've heard some reviews saying not to have anyone tinker with your FA unless absolutely necessary, so I'm very confused right now. On the one hand, the FA's working well already, but on the other hand, what if I get another jam and the bullet explodes in the chamber? I hope Metrillo's a good choice...

Sir Shinta....what you have informed me are the normal scenario encountered when breaking in the gun. Again, dont be discouraged.

You did all the right thing from cleaning and lubricating the gun before and after using it. The only missing link that I observe is no. 5 for which you were not able to gauge all your ammo before you use it. Common problem of gun failure is the shooters mistake of not using "bullet gauge" before using and loading the ammo. Bullet gauge may cost you around or less than P500.00. In the absence of bullet gauge, you may use directly your gun barrel.

Why not gauge first your ammo using your barrel. If your ammo seats properly on the barrel, its a good one. If not, it will not fit direclty to the barrel and you will noticed a bloated or buntis or may bewang as what we shooters called it. Try to use the gauged bullet in the range and observed if it will jam again.

Bringing your gun to a reliable gun smith I would say is the right choice if you really want to fine tune your gun immediately.

Experienced and competitive shooter in reality usually bring their new gun directly to the gun smith to avoid the hassle of experiencing those jamming etc. I did the same to my carry and competition gun.

METRILLO is a good choice if you are planning to have your gun repair. Do bring at least 200 rounds so they can test fire your gun during their quality control. One good thing with Metrillo is that they have this in door range for which shooter can test fire their gun right after the repair. In fact, Metrillo gun smith my modified 40 caliber pistol and super 38 race gun.