Practical Shooting

pareng pare

Norinco 1911 may have one of the best mettalurgy. In fact, I used it as my carry and even won numerous IDPA champion trophy. I use it also in IPSC single stock competition and landed numerous championship trophy. All you have to do is fine tune it from either Metrillo or Col. Bayang. I suggest you change the internal parts like the extractor, ejector or even the hammer with either KINGS or any reliable brands available in Gun store.

although i tend to disagree on the metallurgy, i would agree with sir dogbite's suggestion on which parts you could replace first. nice thing about norincos are the fact that, due to their affordability, they can be easily enhanced on a gradual basis, depending on your budget....

At the Congressional Hearing yesterday before the Committee on Public Order and Safety, we were invited along with all other stakeholders in the firearms industry and business to comment on House Bill No. 6658 introduced by Reps. Pedro P. Romualdo (lone district Camiguin) and Antonio V. Cuenco (Cebu). On our part, we prepared a lengthy position paper commenting on the flawed provisions of HB No. 6658 and were prepared for an oral discussion and questioning. Much to our dismay, none of the invited public or resource persons were allowed to speak or participate, as is the usual procedure in committee hearings before the House. Instead Congressman Chairman Rodolfo W. Antonino (Nueva Ecija) simply allowed a few short (irrelevant) comments from some committee members (who knew nothing about the bill) totalling about 20 minutes, then they moved to, and voted for, approval of the bill over our protestations.

Later that evening, I texted another congressman from that committee as to why it happened that way, he said, "That's a Malacanang-backed bill. The Office of the President made direct contact with the congressmen (not him) to approve that bill". Grrr..!

So now Malacanang, thru its dwarf President who is guilty of ordering and/or approving the extrajudicial killings and abductions of hundreds activists and journalists, is not hypocritically enact measures that would effectively disarm the general population and deprive us of our right to defend ourselves.

Consider the following provisions of HB 6658:

1. Airsoft guns and all gas, spring operated pistols and rifles are now classified as TRUE FIREARMS, requiring licensing and Permit to carry just like regular firearms!

2. If you are in a group and one of you is caught with a firearm or part thereof (with or without your knowledge) ALL OF YOU will be presumed to be in illegal possession of firearms, and shall be accordingly all charged.

3. Penalties have been hugely INCREASED to Life Imprisonment for illegal possession and/or manufacture of firearms or light weapons, or 6-18 years for ammunition. "Ammunition" is defined, among others, to include BLANK AMMUNITION, and NOXIOUS LIQUID AND GAS??!!

4. "Light weapons" are now defined and prohibited, which includes any weapon capable of holding a DRUM magazine, which would include practically all semi-auto rifles, including rimfire 22's.

5. The crime of illegal possession of firearms shall now be considered as a SEPARATE AND DISTINCT penalty if any other crime is commmitted in the same act. So you could be charged TWICE for the same act and be slapped with TWO PENALTIES.

This bill is now being fast-tracked thru the congress for approval by GMA before Congress ends and her term expires next year. Of course, we in PROGUN and UAA are doing our best to make sure that we block this Bill in the House and the Senate. We, however, cannot do it alone without the support of YOU the thousands of legitimate and responsible gun owners and airsofters who value our freedom and civil rights. We are thus appealing for your help in this noble endeavor of preserving our shooting sports.

FELLOW SHOOTERS...PLEASE HAVE A LOOK AT NO. 2. If you are in a group and one of you is caught with a firearm or part thereof (with or without your knowledge) ALL OF YOU will be presumed to be in illegal possession of firearms, and shall be accordingly all charged.

.......QUITE A MIND SET OF A CONGRESSMAN WHO DOESN'T THINK OF THE CONSEQUENCES OF LAW'S THAT THEY WILL BE IMPLEMENTING...NO WONDER WHY PHILIPPINES ARE LAGGING BEHIND ASIAN COUNTRIES.......

Mga bros I'm thinking of buying my pistol. Any suggestions?

I'm thinking .45 calibre and yun sana pwede modify or upgrade so I won't get bored with it easily.

Price na rin if you have any idea and where's the best place to buy.

TIA!!

BRO if you were thinking of 45 caliber for home defense and carry, it's the best choice in terms of stopping power and ammo availability. But if you were really planning to do more modification and won't get bored easily...I strongly suggest you go for the 40 caliber HI-CAP. fOR HIGH END MODEL you have the choice between STI 40 cal ( 140 - 150k), PARA ORD ( 80 - 100k)....LOW END MODEL ARMSCOR ( 40 - 70K)

There are so many variations or modifications you can do with the 40 cal. or 45 cal like:

1. increasing the magazine capacity from 16 rounds to 20 or 21 rounds.

2. chroming.

3. trigger pull enhancement

4. or even modify it by putting scope.

5. intstall shock master etc.

One good thing with 40 cal is that you would be competitive if you would be planning to join IPSC competition later on unlike with the 45 caliber. Although there are SINGLE STOCK category awards in some PPSA competition but the adrenaline are still in the STANDARD DIVISION. You may also modify your 40 caliber base on MODIFIED DIVISION SPECIFICATION where I'am competing.

BRO if you were thinking of 45 caliber for home defense and carry, it's the best choice in terms of stopping power and ammo availability. But if you were really planning to do more modification and won't get bored easily...I strongly suggest you go for the 40 caliber HI-CAP. fOR HIGH END MODEL you have the choice between STI 40 cal ( 140 - 150k), PARA ORD ( 80 - 100k)....LOW END MODEL ARMSCOR ( 40 - 70K)

There are so many variations or modifications you can do with the 40 cal. or 45 cal like:

1. increasing the magazine capacity from 16 rounds to 20 or 21 rounds.

2. chroming.

3. trigger pull enhancement

4. or even modify it by putting scope.

5. intstall shock master etc.

One good thing with 40 cal is that you would be competitive if you would be planning to join IPSC competition later on unlike with the 45 caliber. Although there are SINGLE STOCK category awards in some PPSA competition but the adrenaline are still in the STANDARD DIVISION. You may also modify your 40 caliber base on MODIFIED DIVISION SPECIFICATION where I'am competing.

Holy crap! And here I was thinking it would cost me around 40k - 50k for a gun and license. Grabe pala mahal ng high end. And these are just pistols right?

But thanks bro! Going to seriously look into the .40 cal. At least now I have someplace to start.

Holy crap! And here I was thinking it would cost me around 40k - 50k for a gun and license. Grabe pala mahal ng high end. And these are just pistols right?

But thanks bro! Going to seriously look into the .40 cal. At least now I have someplace to start.

BRO..its just a start but one's your hook in into modifying your pistol..you will end up into a pistol worth almost 200k. It's worth naman modifying your pistol since its the INSURANCE for you and your family.....sabi nga ng mga PROGUN....it is better to have a gun when you dont need one.

For a start...you go on your budget...ARMSCOR 40 caliber HICAP is a good gun thou Philippine made. In fact, Armscor is manufacturing the STI , Tanfoglio, CHARLES DALY pistol for exportation and domestic use.

GOOD LUCK AND SAFETY SHOOTING.

Production Division some important Rules.

1. What guns are approved for Production Division?

Only those guns listed on the Production Division List.

If it's not on the list, it's not approved.

2. Can I compete using +2 baseplates or +1 followers?

No, See Point 19.2 of Appendix D4 in the January 2009 Edition of the IPSC Handgun rulebook. All guns are approved with the standard magazine capacity quoted by the OFM, not with larger capacity magazines as may be supplied by importers or dealers in some markets.

3. Can a DA/SA pistol that is included on the approved Production Division list start a course of fire in single action mode (e.g. "cocked & locked")?

No. See Point 17 of Appendix D4 in the January 2009 Edition of the IPSC Handgun rulebook.

4. Can I use my 1911 style SA pistol in Production Division?

No. Single-action (1911) style pistols currently dominate Open, Standard and Modified Divisions. Production Division was created to accommodate all other styles.

5. Can I apply skateboard or grip tape to the factory grips, or change the grips, of my Production Division Pistol?

Yes. See Point 20.3 of Appendix D4 and Appendix F4 in the January 2009 Edition of the IPSC Handgun rulebook.

6. My pistol has been fitted with an aftermarket trigger stop. Is this allowed?

Models which have factory installed trigger stops are allowed. Otherwise, this modification is not allowed.

7. Can I replace the original 3-dot sights with aftermarket 3-dot fiber optic sights?

Yes. You can use any open sights. See Point 20.2 of Appendix D4 in the January 2009 Edition of the IPSC Handgun rulebook.

8. Can I apply paint or sight black to my pistol?

No, you can only apply sight back. See Point 19.3 of Appendix D4 in the January 2009 Edition of the IPSC Handgun rulebook.

9. Am I allowed to c*ck my SA/DA pistol for the first shot in a course of fire?

No. The first shot in a course of fire must be double action. See Point 17 of Appendix D4 in the January 2009 Edition of the IPSC Handgun rulebook for the exception.

10. How will the trigger pull be measured at a competition?

The test will usually be conducted during the chronograph stage at a match. See Appendix F2 in the January 2009 Edition of the IPSC Handgun rulebook for details of the test.

11. Some pistols on the approved Production Division list do not have a de-cocking lever. Are they acceptable?

Yes. All DA/SA pistols without a decocking lever must start with the hammer fully down. Under the supervision of a Range Officer, the competitor will use the weak hand to safely lower the hammer with the pistol pointing down range during the "load and make ready" procedure. A discharge during this procedure will be considered as unsafe gun handling and the competitor will be disqualified. Also see question 9 above and Rule 8.1.2.4.

12. Can we use Glock models 34 and 35 in Production Division?

Glock in their own advertising call them "long slides". They are special sporting handguns with a lighter trigger pull (3.5 lbs) and a longer barrel (135mm) out of the box. Maximum barrel length in Production Division is 127 mm (5").

The Production Division does not include special sporting models like the Glock 34 and 35, or the H&K USP Expert, or the Sig Sauer Sport II series if they differ in barrel length from the standard model (Glock 17, Sig Sauer 226, H&K USP).

"Production" does not necessarily mean that all pistols which are currently in production are legal for use in this division.

13. I have found that there are after market magazines available for my approved Production Division pistol. These magazines have the same external dimensions as the original factory magazines but they sometimes hold more rounds. Can I use these magazines in Production Division?

BRO..its just a start but one's your hook in into modifying your pistol..you will end up into a pistol worth almost 200k. It's worth naman modifying your pistol since its the INSURANCE for you and your family.....sabi nga ng mga PROGUN....it is better to have a gun when you dont need one.

For a start...you go on your budget...ARMSCOR 40 caliber HICAP is a good gun thou Philippine made. In fact, Armscor is manufacturing the STI , Tanfoglio, CHARLES DALY pistol for exportation and domestic use.

Thanks sige I'll look into that.

I've also heard na mas mura ang gun if I buy abroad. Ok lang ba yun or pahirapan rin yun importation and papers and such?

I've been browsing and I really like the Glock 34 or 35. Says in the site na it's selling for around USD1,300.00++ lang which is around Php70k. What do you guys think?

Thanks sige I'll look into that.

I've also heard na mas mura ang gun if I buy abroad. Ok lang ba yun or pahirapan rin yun importation and papers and such?

I've been browsing and I really like the Glock 34 or 35. Says in the site na it's selling for around USD1,300.00++ lang which is around Php70k. What do you guys think?

Bro..it is true that guns abroad are super cheap as compared to buying guns to local fire arms dealer. However, it is risky and rigorous and the best advise is to purchase at local fire arms dealer (AFAD).

Glock 34 or 35 is a good gun but that would limit you to a weekend shooter. Why not opt to a 1911 style handgun where more options and room for practical competition is available.

Bro..it is true that guns abroad are super cheap as compared to buying guns to local fire arms dealer. However, it is risky and rigorous and the best advise is to purchase at local fire arms dealer (AFAD).

Glock 34 or 35 is a good gun but that would limit you to a weekend shooter. Why not opt to a 1911 style handgun where more options and room for practical competition is available.

Another silly question and with the risk of sounding pathetic... Parang di kasi ako nagagandahan sa looks ng M1911. Hehe! Meron ba 1911 na mejo ok yun looks? What's an M1911 brand na maganda to start with? :)

Another silly question and with the risk of sounding pathetic... Parang di kasi ako nagagandahan sa looks ng M1911. Hehe! Meron ba 1911 na mejo ok yun looks? What's an M1911 brand na maganda to start with? :)

Try Kimber, STI, Para Ordnance.

http://www.kimberamerica.com/

http://www.stiguns.com/

http://www.paraord.com/

Yes, all these guns have authorized local distributors. Hope this helps.

i agree with sir dogbite, yanzmyk. an enhanced armscor 40 hicap would set you back about 30k including licensing. you could probably spend about 30-50k at first to get it to your liking. you could then work your way up from that. it would still be cheaper than getting a paraord or a kimber... :thumbsupsmiley:

Bro..try to check the website of Para Ord ...STI...KIMBER...COLT or try Google search for the 1911 handgun. At first, you might not appreciate it since you are a newbies on handgun, but as an expert advise, most of the handguns used in IPSC competion are all 1911 style handgun. One good thing with the 1911 is that :

1. parts are interchangeable disregarding of brand/model for as long its the same caliber.

2. parts are readily available in the gun store.

I compete in International and local competition and I would say, its still the 1911 style handgun are being used in practical shooting.

GOOD LUCK AND SAFETY SHOOTING..............

Basta ako kuntento na ko sa ParaOrd ko.. :)

kapuputok lang kanina .. hehehe

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2497/3886340811_f386bc3a09.jpg

Sabi ng RO ko....malapit na daw ako matuto... ;))

. . .

Nice shooting bro....your on the target. Try to practice more dry firing at home to enhance your grip and prevent flinching. Focus and align front and rear sight....bang...............its ALPHA. Try to do practice also at out door range so you can feel the ambiance of a shooting competition.

SHOOTER.....ARE YOU READY....STANDBY............TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

TT

GOOD LUCK AND SAFETY SHOOTING.............

@dogbite

Thanks for the tip Sir..

Any recommended Outdoor range sir within Manila ?

. . .

I would say, the best out door range in Manila is The Armscor Shooting Range in Parang, Marikina......that is where we usually conduct level 1, 2 and 3 competition.....ammos are readily available of any caliber. They have the ranges for Rifle and Handguns.

You can have those friendly homeboys who will assist you setting the target papers, errand to reload your ammo and even buy you snacks. Too bad Im in the States now, I could arrange basic IPSC drill for free to MTC members. One's Im there, lets arrange our practice schedule.