Practical Shooting

pareng pare

haha, thanks for the invite, sir dogbite. God knows am rusty on competitive shooting since the last shoot i officially joined was over 15 years ago. still shoot, but its just to keep my edge on my own carry.

aside from Armscor, there are open ranges in Crame and Aguinaldo, but not as expansive or complete like armscor :)

coming from QC/Katipunan area, how to i get to the marikina shooting range? do i have to be a member to shoot at the facility? ano po ang required nila na papers?

From Katipunan/QC area...try to follow jeepney route going to Parang or Fortune or if your know Marikina Sports Center go in that direction then you may ask the friendly people of Marikina City.

Membership is 2,500/year for which you will enjoy the facilities for free for 1 year. benefits includes members discount on ammo reloading etc.

For non members, you will pay 300 pesos/pax.

ARMSCOR SHOOTING RANGES, INC.

Armscor Avenue, Fortune Marikina City

Tel. No. (632) 941-7328

Fax No. (632) 941-4265

As a tip, try to ask the office staff about home boy tips as they might over charge.

GOOD LUCK AND SAFETY SHOOTING......................

haha, thanks for the invite, sir dogbite. God knows am rusty on competitive shooting since the last shoot i officially joined was over 15 years ago. still shoot, but its just to keep my edge on my own carry.

aside from Armscor, there are open ranges in Crame and Aguinaldo, but not as expansive or complete like armscor :)

HEHEHE.....ok lang yan sir miggyE... I can guarantee you mga 3 or 4 practice lang natin...your on the track ulit....all you have to do is just follow the basic drill...........dry firing...sight alignment...........proper grip and your already competitive. wish I was there in manila na....

basic drill tip:

1. set target at 5 meters........try to hit ALPHA (8 rounds) ...this is precision shooting..shot interval at least 1 or 2 seconds....IF PERFECT then,

2. same as no. 1....draw and fire.....hit ALPHA (8 rounds)...if perfect

3. same as no. 2...draw and fire.....2 rounds/draw.....double tap ...hit ALPHA (10 rounds )......IF PERFECT..

.......... increase the target distance to 7 meters.........follow steps 1, 2, 3,....and so on.

This are the usual drills I did before practicing a course of fire ( COF ).......

GOOD LUCK AND SAFETY SHOOTING.

thank you very much ser! will visit the site soon.

Your welcome sir ultegra.......If your leaving within QC area....I suggest, mag member kana. Jsut follow the basic rules when you are on the range na...Armscor is a COLD RANGE...meaning, you must have a holster or complete rigs as possible.....

BASIC SHOOTING REQUIREMENTS:

1. HOLSTER + MAG POUCH

2. EAR MOP OR EAR PLUG

3. EYE PROTECTION (MANDATORY)

4. BASEBALL CAP (OPTIONAL) BUT I SUGGEST YOU MUST HAVE IT

5. AMMO BOX

6. FOLLOW THE 4 BASIC RULES OF GUN HANDLING WHICH IS VISIBLE IN ALL STAGES/RANGES.

GOOD LUCK AND SAFETY SHOOTING.......

HEHEHE.....ok lang yan sir miggyE... I can guarantee you mga 3 or 4 practice lang natin...your on the track ulit....all you have to do is just follow the basic drill...........dry firing...sight alignment...........proper grip and your already competitive. wish I was there in manila na....

basic drill tip:

1. set target at 5 meters........try to hit ALPHA (8 rounds) ...this is precision shooting..shot interval at least 1 or 2 seconds....IF PERFECT then,

2. same as no. 1....draw and fire.....hit ALPHA (8 rounds)...if perfect

3. same as no. 2...draw and fire.....2 rounds/draw.....double tap ...hit ALPHA (10 rounds )......IF PERFECT..

.......... increase the target distance to 7 meters.........follow steps 1, 2, 3,....and so on.

This are the usual drills I did before practicing a course of fire ( COF ).......

hehe, still do the drills, sir dogbite, although all this rain recently has been keeping us indoors and i haven't brought wifey to the range for her drills

another question... is anybody in the site familiar with the pistol brand "shooters". Any comment/review on the piece would be appreciated.

thanks

personally havent used this gun, but my uncle tried them out before. he said they were good basic guns. once upon a time, shooters bought all surplus remington parts when remington folded and stopped producing 1911 designs. currently, however, they now produce their own parts. reports i have are actually mixed, but if you plan to upgrade soon, this is a good affordable gun.

any reviews on the jericho 941 "baby eagle"? appearance seems to be good just don't know how it performs when fired. salamat :thumbsupsmiley:

this was my first gun. very dependable... never jammed on me. kahit anong bullet ginamit ko. construction is good, the material is tough, takedown and cleaning in easy. stock, accuracy is acceptable (it's me who's probably not accurate). i just found the grip too bulky for me.

luminous sights are standard, so it's a plus!

jericho 941 is a very good gun. im referring to the all metal one, the plastic i havent tried it yet. very dependable. its really made to get the job done. down side, very minimal safety.

shooters are made in cebu, if you want just the base i think is ok. but if you will use it out of the box it might cause you problems.

I'm canvassing for my first pistol, sa Makati Cinema Square ko plano kumuha... I'm thinking of getting this one:

Model: Armscor 1911A1-45 FS GI (PHP16,500) plus 6k for license

Specs:

Caliber: .45 ACP

Mag. Capacity : 8 rounds

Barrel: Standard

Barrel Length: 127 mm

Overall Length : 217 mm

Weight, empty : 1.12 kgs.

Description: Semi-auto & recoil operated action; GI front sight mounted on slot; GI rear sight mounted on dovetail cut; 1.81 - 2.27 kgs. trigger pull; GI hammer; GI grip safety; GI serration (rear only); GI trigger; Parkerized finish; Polymer grip except plain wood grip for CS model

P16.5k sya sa isang seller sa sulit + 6k for the license pero I plan to get mine at Makati Cinema Square dahil may katabi syang firing range para ma-test ko na din pagkakuha ko.

Can you guys tell me which of the shops are reliable? What do you think po of the unit, okay na ba sya for a beginner like me?

I heard you have to get a Permit to Transport so you can bring your gun to your shooting range, magkano po kaya ito?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by shinta
I'm canvassing for my first pistol, sa Makati Cinema Square ko plano kumuha... I'm thinking of getting this one:

Specs:

Description: Semi-auto & recoil operated action; GI front sight mounted on slot; GI rear sight mounted on dovetail cut; 1.81 - 2.27 kgs. trigger pull; GI hammer; GI grip safety; GI serration (rear only); GI trigger; Parkerized finish; Polymer grip except plain wood grip for CS model

P16.5k sya sa isang seller sa sulit + 6k for the license pero I plan to get mine at Makati Cinema Square dahil may katabi syang firing range para ma-test ko na din pagkakuha ko.

Can you guys tell me which of the shops are reliable? What do you think po of the unit, okay na ba sya for a beginner like me?

I heard you have to get a Permit to Transport so you can bring your gun to your shooting range, magkano po kaya ito?

Thanks in advance!

ARMSCOR is a good gun thou Philippine made. In fact, I even used the 40 caliber Armscor and have it modified and even landed Champions trophy in IPSC competition. For a beginner, its a very reliable gun but needs some modification on the internal parts.

I suggest try to buy at reliable gun store like the Makati Cinema Square which is an AFAD member. For a 45 caliber pistol, you will be required to present CERTIFICATE OF GUN CLUB MEMBERSHIP since you are buying a high caliber gun. Your gun store can assist you on whatever documents you would be needing since its part of the procedure of PNP-FED before they will issue the FA license.

The PERMIT TO TRANSPORT will be given to you by your STORE by the time your gun is ready for pick up. Usually, they will give you 1 week permit to transport then later on you may opt to apply for the PTT which they usually charge at P360.00 and is good for 3 months.

@ultegra

@okey_lang2

thanks chiefs. the reason why i asked is because i'm still uncertain on what to get for my 2nd firearm. i already have some reviews on the sig p226. so it's really a choice between jericho and sig. :thumbsupsmiley:

i would suggest the jericho. since its a cz clone, there are more parts available in the market. you could even use the APP9s parts, yes armscor's own polymer, in a pinch. or even real tanfoglio parts.

Specs:

Thanks in advance!

sir Dogbite is right. pick an AFAD member. or, better yet, since your in MCS na rin, you go straight to the Armscor shop in the basement, next to the health clinic. i have had 2 armscors over the years. their a great base gun to start from