Bars Para Sa Nag Iisa Lang

• 2 weeks later...
question mga guys...why do you go alone?

for me, i sometimes prefer to be alone in a bar para mas madali dumiskarte sa girls..hehehe..anyway, minsan palpak din..hehe..

pag gusto mong mag isip isip sa nangyayari sa buhay mo. pag gusto mo mag relax sa sobrang daming problema re work,family,relationships.

Yup! there is this bar near ABS-CBN, beside East St. Louie, 2nd floor of Kitaro...the name of the bar is VOTRE, the place is cozy because of the sofas and the price is very reasonable. I heard that they just opened 3 weeks ago. I was here last Sat, the vibe was cool and it was party mode. They dont want to to go full stream with advertising since they want the place to be laid back on weekdays. Staffs and regulars are friendly and will respect your space. I wont be surprised if soon they will be discovered by yuppies like me.

Well, I am used to dining alone, going to bars alone, watching movies alone etc. It won't make you look pathetic. Not at all times that there would be someone with us if we want to chill out and have fun. Girls who go out alone looks more independent, tougher and hotter. ;)

if u need company im just a message away. tell me when and where

I was thinking if there was such a place na parang sa states na in the event that you came in alone, the bartender would make an effort to keep you happy. tried it once in havana sa malate. i was leeching him kung sino yung regulars na hottie dun sa lugar nila. tinuturo naman nya.

Im still looking for this ideal place, somewhere that when i come in, i wouldn't have trouble parking, the bar itself would be fairly clean and tidy and the bartender would be able to remember my name the next time i would be there. somewhere bandang timog area sana.

oo nga, this will be nice. yung bartender na ang bahala sayo.

Went to a bar like this one you described near the Marriott Marquis off Times Square in New York where many of the big names in music started out with small gigs. In fact the walls are adorned with portraits of these great artists. The bartender that time we were there was Colombian and was kinda shy but friendly, until a Danny de Vito type of character with strange sunglasses (at night!) walked up to us and started cracking jokes. He pointed to me and asked, "you have hemorrhoids?" I said, "No!" Turned to my 2 other friends and asked each the same question. Both said "No!" And he said, "Ah, 3 perfect assholes!" And everyone just cracked up. That went on and the laughter got louder until we caught the attention of the whole place, and some people joined up in the conversation. The funny man happened to be record producer and jazz harmonica artist Danny Welton, and he sold me his latest CD "Summer in San Francisco." I didn't regret buying it, it was a masterpiece.

W

I was thinking if there was such a place na parang sa states na in the event that you came in alone, the bartender would make an effort to keep you happy. tried it once in havana sa malate. i was leeching him kung sino yung regulars na hottie dun sa lugar nila. tinuturo naman nya.

Im still looking for this ideal place, somewhere that when i come in, i wouldn't have trouble parking, the bar itself would be fairly clean and tidy and the bartender would be able to remember my name the next time i would be there. somewhere bandang timog area sana.

Bad trip nga bakit walang ganon dito....

I used to travel a lot because of work, and in several places that I went to, you can go to a pub and just drink, eat while your alone, the bar tender or some of the servers will chat you up, di ka maiilang, yung parang british pub type environment or parang sports pub. Dito kasi mga pumupunta sa inuman yung iba masyado pasosyal at snotty kaya iba environment.

The drinking places in Boston were very good places to hang-out, lots of Ivy league chicks from Harvard, Boston U, MIT, ganon din mga pubs in New York, Philadelphia, then in Singapore ganun din, di ka talaga maiilang, sa Hong Kong meron din akong nakitang mga ganyan, kasi when i travel i make it a point to explore on my own on some of the days, minsan sasamahan ka ng mga colleagues but sometimes syempre iba din trip nila sayo. Siyempre when spending company money gusto mo sulit. Sa Bangkok panalo din... may redlight district din sila dun na tourist attraction, dito lang talaga minsan nakakailang yung ibang places kasi pag pumunta ka mag-isa, majority ng pinoy judgemental isipin nila ayyy.... Loser mag-isa lang, but in reality that couldnt be further from the truth.

Tulad ng sinabi ng iba dito, minsan gusto mo mag-isa para may alone time ka lang mag-reflect, mag-relax, without anyone one else imposing on you, na gusto nila sa ibang lugar kumain/uminom o mag-punta kung saan. My work can become stressful from time to time, and sometimes i want some alone time to think also, about sa buhay buhay, about work, mga projects sa office and leading my department to be more productive.

Mga teenager lang naman usually yung parang entourage na kahit san magpunta kailangan pa may nakabuntot. I dont need an entourage to have a good time, strike a conversation with a chick, or eat and drink, nuod ng basketball or other sport event sa TV in a sports bar, pwede naman yun e

• 2 weeks later...
Well, I am used to dining alone, going to bars alone, watching movies alone etc. It won't make you look pathetic. Not at all times that there would be someone with us if we want to chill out and have fun. Girls who go out alone looks more independent, tougher and hotter. ;)

I totally agree!

oo nga, this will be nice. yung bartender na ang bahala sayo.

sounds like youre an independent female. my tip for you, you cant go wrong with Conways Bar at Mkti Shangrila Hotel. even if youre a lady out alone, the bartenders there are friendly both male and female and you feel safe and secure. i frequent Conways often and i go out alone, im an independent guy, to hell with the price, i like the place, the bands, the bar chow is superb, the crowd is A+, and they dont creep up on you whahaha. try it and gimme feedback if you agree. roving_eye1234@yahoo.com. you may be able to catch me there if you give me advance notice, who knows? :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...