Bars Para Sa Nag Iisa Lang

I'm always posted overseas so i really go out for a drink at bars alone. This is to relieve stress and perk up for the next day... along the way meron na rin akong nakakachat na mga ladies but i'm not really thinking of having 1 night stands since me pasok the next day.... i like those english type pubs where you can just sit there on the bar and go people watching or watch the live band or chatting with friendly strangers...meron pa bang ganong type of place sa manila? I'll be posted there around august/september till end of year so if you have any place in mind please recommend some...a round of drinks for you if we bump on each other there....ipaalala nyo lang!

rgrds,

• 2 weeks later...

I love to hang out at Mogwai Cinematheque (located inside Cubao Expo). You can chill out at their bar alone without looking pathetic. If it's your first time there, you'll have plenty of stuff to look at since it's worn out look is quite intriguing. The art pieces is also a conversation starter in case you find yourself in the posistion of stumbling upon another friendly stranger.

If I'm not mistaken, they have Wifi there so you can bring your stuff and work while drinking a cold beer.

I often go there to unwind, I'm on a first name basis with the staff there. PM me if you want to share a beer and a conversation :)

I love to hang out at Mogwai Cinematheque (located inside Cubao Expo). You can chill out at their bar alone without looking pathetic. If it's your first time there, you'll have plenty of stuff to look at since it's worn out look is quite intriguing. The art pieces is also a conversation starter in case you find yourself in the posistion of stumbling upon another friendly stranger.

If I'm not mistaken, they have Wifi there so you can bring your stuff and work while drinking a cold beer.

I often go there to unwind, I'm on a first name basis with the staff there. PM me if you want to share a beer and a conversation :)

seems nice... how much is their beer?

I haven't finished back reading this thread, since my internet is toooo slow, but has anyone suggested or tried out Stone House Tavern along E. Rodriguez Avenue? It has a nice pub/ lounge atmosphere, kulang na lang yung mga English pub-type booths. It also has live music every night, around 9pm onwards, where they play mostly standards, jazz, lounge, and pop music, with open mic nights on weekends so you can jam with them if you're inclined to.

Yup, this place doesn't look very nice, but overall its' okay.

the bossa nova princess, Sitti, used to perform here, before she became famous.

I haven't finished back reading this thread, since my internet is toooo slow, but has anyone suggested or tried out Stone House Tavern along E. Rodriguez Avenue? It has a nice pub/ lounge atmosphere, kulang na lang yung mga English pub-type booths. It also has live music every night, around 9pm onwards, where they play mostly standards, jazz, lounge, and pop music, with open mic nights on weekends so you can jam with them if you're inclined to.

seems nice... how much is their beer?

SML-35

Red Horse-40

Cubao Expo is deemed as the "New Malate". A lot of artists, directors and photographers hang out there because of the laid back atmosphere. There was even a time when smoking pot was done in one of the alleys (but Cubao Expo became a hotspot so the area toned down) I did several events there for RockEd Philippines and other organizations way back during my activist haydays.

Anyway, I hope I shared some newfound information :)

Where is this?

may I suggest chef n brewer... live band and sports channel..

with a mixture of expats working at the ortigas area..nice place.

soccer mathces being shown. good food... bartenders are very friendly

Edited by CaliKid
  • 2 weeks later...

not sure kung baket nga parang taboo dito sa pinas na uminom na mag-isa. i have no problem drinking anywhere alone. most of my recent acquaintances i have met while drinking in a bar alone. tapos kapag maging regular ka at makilala ka ng staff and management, inaalagaan ka. parang sa abroad, you can sit at a bar, drink, talk to the bartender...talk to other people at the bar. it does not mean that you are trying to score or get laid...masaya lang talaga na may nakikilala ka na bago and syempre kapag may tama gumaganda ang usapan kasi uninhibited na tayo. i already have my own watering hole (not the bar with the same name)in Marikina. so i am always covered if i need my fix....:P

Edited by madmutt

I believe it's the herd mentality of Filipinos, na kapag nag-iisa ka, you're perceived as a loser or loner na walang mahatak na kaibigan para makipaginuman.

It happens all the time abroad that men/women enter a bar alone not really looking to get laid or anything, but they strike up great conversations at the bar to pass the time.

DEMATISSE MALATE ...

KHUYA KTV CUBAO ...

DAMPA TIMOG AVE ...

GERARDOS MOTHER IGNACIA ...

san pa ba?

I always with my friends ...

sometimes its good to be alone...

nung open pa yung DECADES sa roces ave. Q.C.

nakilala ko yung kapatid ng young actress na taga GMA-7

diko na sabihin yung name...

pero I was lucky... she challenged me to do french kissing with her...

I was looking nowhere that time, then she suddenly talked to me...

we went in the nearest motel ...

then everything was so amazing that time...

lucky...

I believe it's the herd mentality of Filipinos, na kapag nag-iisa ka, you're perceived as a loser or loner na walang mahatak na kaibigan para makipaginuman.

It happens all the time abroad that men/women enter a bar alone not really looking to get laid or anything, but they strike up great conversations at the bar to pass the time.

Actually sa babae ang mas medyo nakakailang pag mag isa kang umiinom sa bar. They have that perception that either the woman is an easy lay or looking for some 'hook up'.

I had 2 experiences in drinking alone in a bar, sa Friends then, the bar where I know most of the waiters and bar tenders plus the crowd, kaya parang di ka na din nag iisa :)

Edited by MS

I did see the prices of the beer, how about food?

are they good for sharing or just one?

how about operating hours? sorry for asking...

in cubao/araneta area, last call for ordering alcohol is 1am.

except for oyster boy which is open 24/7

nung open pa yung DECADES sa roces ave. Q.C.

nakilala ko yung kapatid ng young actress na taga GMA-7

diko na sabihin yung name...

pero I was lucky... she challenged me to do french kissing with her...

I was looking nowhere that time, then she suddenly talked to me...

we went in the nearest motel ...

then everything was so amazing that time...

lucky...

Indi lucky yan pre, sometimes it pays to be good-looking (Woo-hoo!) :D

C'mon, don't expect to get laid when you look like Kuhol or Pokwang.

I always go to cafes/coffee shops when I need some alone time. Recently, I've noticed Coffee Ministry (formerly Mocha Blends; Royale Place, Don Antonio, QC beside Ever Gotesco) has started serving beers (San Mig Light and (if I am not mistaken) a German-brand (sounding?) beer. Anyone living nearby or happen to be in the place might want to check the place out.

Be warned, though, that there is a bar and a music store beside it, and the people-chatter/(sometimes) loud music might turn you off.

OT: Hello MTC! First post!