Bars Para Sa Nag Iisa Lang

i like doing this sometimes, usually i sit by the bar. nakikinig sa live band or sometimes watch t.v. kung meron. minsan i strike a conversation with the bar tender. if i'm alone i prefer bars na kabisado ko na or i'm familiar with.

try mo sa dangeon basement of camelot hotel malapit sa abs-cbn

well, then forgive us for wanting to drink alone sometimes :lol:

i like doing this sometimes, usually i sit by the bar. nakikinig sa live band or sometimes watch t.v. kung meron. minsan i strike a conversation with the bar tender. if i'm alone i prefer bars na kabisado ko na or i'm familiar with.

the only bar i can think of that fits that description here in Malate is Anthology.....

Anthology along Adriatico, in Malate. No dress code. Come as you are.

Sit at the bar. Watch tv. Listen to good (read: 80's) music.

Open at 5pm onwards. (up to 12mn or 2am on weekdays, sometimes up to 4am on weekends).

It's in malate, so be ready to walk. Parking's tight.

We always go in groups and then shell out money so I have no idea how much their beer goes here. :rolleyes: Would you happen to know? and do you know the price for a bucket? I like Cerveza Negra though so that may be priced differently. :unsure:

I used to go out alone (early 90's), natigil lang nung nagasawa ako. Wala akong pinipili, be it regular bars, sing along bars. girlie bars etc. Luckily, I have never been involved in any violent incidents. The best tip that I can give is: be friendly sa staff nung establishment na pupuntahan mo and that includes the cigarette vendors on the street. I suggest you sit at the bar or at the table near where the staff usually stays. Madaming benefits ito, you may get a discount, learn the latest news, if you're on the prowl-the staff will tell you who you may approach, and most important of all- you get friends. Sometimes it helps if you let the staff take a bite from your pulutan or better yet, buy an extra item for them. This will get you a long, long way.

I used to go out alone (early 90's), natigil lang nung nagasawa ako. Wala akong pinipili, be it regular bars, sing along bars. girlie bars etc. Luckily, I have never been involved in any violent incidents. The best tip that I can give is: be friendly sa staff nung establishment na pupuntahan mo and that includes the cigarette vendors on the street. I suggest you sit at the bar or at the table near where the staff usually stays. Madaming benefits ito, you may get a discount, learn the latest news, if you're on the prowl-the staff will tell you who you may approach, and most important of all- you get friends. Sometimes it helps if you let the staff take a bite from your pulutan or better yet, buy an extra item for them. This will get you a long, long way.

nice tips bro. will keep that in mind =)

hi to all the bloggers who shares their thoughts and experiences in this tread. anyway just want also to share my lifestyle in this topic. Way back then nung college p ko(circa 2000-04), I really into drinking alone, minsan kasi kahit an dyan n yung tropa mo iba p rin yung feel so so free so mood mo, I guest being an artist requires a special space to what he/she does. after grad, naka kuha agad me ng job, then opcorz new world and environment n ang ginagalawan ko, bagong pakikisama at pakikisalamuha, afterwork pag may exes breds p ko, nag-hahanap talaga me ng place to chill for awhile, my trip to home kasi is so far from the metro, umuuwi p kc me s bulacan so to pass-out the rush our traffic scene i go on for a chill mode. I always go to the bar side, then observing the ambience, feel free ulit to think the days had past and the current issues going on my external and internal being. Sarap kasi nung feeling n nag-rerelease k and then at the same time nag-uupload k din ng bagong learnings kahit p maliit n bagay lang s paligid mo, or just simply plain laidback at the moment. This kind of lifstyle helps in to my artworks, mas totoo kasi yung eksena coz it happenings, even when your just sitting and drinking your beer, kaysa s bahay lang at mag-basa, pag-ganun kasi hindi rin nagiging active yung individulism mo so I preffer to go out and find a good spot where I can unwind. At these days, I'm still doing the same thing, sometimes going out with my friends. But since "drinking alone ang topic" share ko p rin ibang experiences ko. Now I'm working in makati area, sa SID's bar me madalas uminom, iba kasi yung aura nung place, you feel private kahit n my ibang hoppers, sometimes i just sit in the bar then nood ng sports show, (by the way in kasi yung may-ari nito s sports specially Football, kaya my time n kapag an dun yung mga briton, nagiging parang nasa futbol stadium k kasi ganun sila k fanatic s game), while me boxing and some UFC yung mas inaabangan ko d2. there are also times when I had a good quality conversation s ibang brits, kaya minsan p english accent din me tuloy makipag-usap s kanila, minsan nga kahit wala me alam s sinasabi nya regading s futbol nakiki in pa rin me kasi nakakatawa n your having your own views in their culture. meron ding billiards d2, and most of the time I play whith my friend, pag-wala sila I just play with the barista, they treat you nice here, meron ding live bands pag weekend, so if your into 70's rock and some current rock act meron din d2. Being alone is not bieng a loser or a problematic actor, it's just that your enjoying the gift of freedom in a different sense...solitude makes you vast, and meeting new people and stuff makes the experience more flowing.

SID's bar is located at Jupiter st. cor. makati ave. just at the back of SSS bldg. near petron station.

The place is more on the old-west scene (lam nyo yun parang nasa cowboy films) kaya nga pag-papunta kami dun ng freind ko, sound trak namin yung ...tunununing kwang kwang kwang...before maraming artworks hanging on the wall, pero mas nadominate n ng mga sports items, meron 2 bars d2, and recently may new billiard hall sila, the ambience is mix with different flavor, if your in to sports it has, and also the early 90's scene of grunge style mix with some cowboy antics and some corporate chillin at the same time. each area offers you a place where you can just be yourself. The food is good too, lano n yung burgers and pizza, more western food kasi d2, and yung drinks, medyo high-end s price, wala silang bucket promo, happy-hour is from 4pm- 8pm PHP 45.00 / bottle , regular beer drinks, PHP 80.00 / bottle. dami ring choices sa drink you preffered. what is also good in here is the sounds, lalo n pag na-timingan mo yung early 90's sound. it's a nice place to stop-over.

Im also working in makati aand this SIDs bar is highly recommended for those who want to chill on their own. I almost have my time here thinking, watching and listening on their music. Mhel10, I also sits at the bar station, maybe i know you.

Edited by maxxxsarap
Im also working in makati aand this SIDs bar is highly recommended for those who want to chill on their own. I almost have my time here thinking, watching and listening on their music. Mhel10, I also sits at the bar station, maybe i know you.

we hosted a group EB there one time (Second Floor).... cool place... the owners are actually MTC members

we hosted a group EB there one time (Second Floor).... cool place... the owners are actually MTC members

ah really,SIDs bar is the right place for EB for having a more soothing conversation along with. When are you going to have this EB again, what the idea of a bar you wanted to go for, or any bar that you frequently visiting?

We like making the rounds of the bars. Depends on how big or small the EB is supposed to be. We have an organizing committee that does the legwork and negotiations.

As for drinking alone, I have been to Anthology a few times (I started alone but my friends ultimately show up). :rolleyes: I like the music and the crowd. I don't feel comfortable sitting on the bar stools though. Food is alright. The comfort rooms are upstairs though. A bit of a hustle going up and down each time

I discovered a cool place in Starmall (Shaw Blvd. corner EDSA) called CUBA LIBRE. They have an R&B band that plays 3 sets from 9pm to 2am. It's frequented by big groups of employees after office so it's safe to assume that they find it great to hang out there too. Beer prices - SML for 35 / Strong Ice 40 / Red Horse 40 or you can get a bucket for 160 (6 beers). I love drinking Coors Light there while I watch the people come in. They have beer in kegs too and this tall Jaigermeister tube (I don't know what they call it). Looks like the ones you guys have in frat parties :huh: .... so they tell me. :lol: