Barangay Ginebra Kings

slyfox

Sama ng pagkatalo nila kagabi, maganda sana ang laro dahil dikit lang pero Ginebra can't score when they needed it most sa fourth quarter. Sa tingin ko lang naman okay na import si Alexander pero parang kulang ang plays para sa kanya in order for him to score, siguro, ang magandang play na i-design nila kay Alexander is to give him the ball when he had already sealed his defender inside and in order for him to just make that jump hook or short jumper para hindi na n'ya kailangan pang mag-dribble. Menk did a good job in the 3rd quarter pero obviously hindi pa s'ya 100% then nakalimutan pa yata s'yang gamitin ni Coach Jong noong 4th quarter. Helterbrand and Caguiao should cut down on their dribbling, sa tagal nila mag-dribble nauubusan na sila ng shot clock tapos maga-attempt ng hurried at alanganin tira. May mga fouls din sila na useless na naglagay lang sa kanila sa penalty (i.e. foul ni Mamaril noong 4th Q). Nakaka-asar din ang paraan ng pag-rotate ni Coach Jong sa mga players niya. Dapat i-rotate n'ya ang playing time nila Valenzuela, Salvacion, Tubid and even Pacana sa posisyon nila at ang playing time nila Crisano, Menk at Mamaril.

i think Jayjay and Chris Alexander can do the high-low play.

Chris posts up his guy and Jayjay gives him the ball.

Chris should pound inside a bit more and then gives the ball back to Jayjay.

Once the pass has been made, Chris should seal his man down under the basket and then Jayjay passes the ball back.

same play when Tony Lang lorded it over back a couple of years for Red Bull

i think Jayjay and Chris Alexander can do the high-low play.

Chris posts up his guy and Jayjay gives him the ball.

Chris should pound inside a bit more and then gives the ball back to Jayjay.

Once the pass has been made, Chris should seal his man down under the basket and then Jayjay passes the ball back.

same play when Tony Lang lorded it over back a couple of years for Red Bull

haha! credit Coach Yeng Guiao for that! that was RB's specialty back then...

Mick usually is the passer from the top of the key... or sometimes Miller...

anyhow... with the loss last night I guess the season is pretty much over for BGK

I don't see them winning much games this conference and would be better off experimenting different line ups and allowing their players to blend especially after those trades

Mark Caguioa - is absolutely useless when he's not scoring. Plays no defense (looks to cherry pick half the time) and has low basketball IQ - he had the ball with 7 seconds to go, wasted time dribbling before throwing up a wild shot at the buzzer when he had rebounders waiting to tip it in if he missed. Also, he should drive more - settles for the jumpshot way too much.

What do you mean plays no defense? Caguioa was guarding Arwind Santos vice versa which limited Santos to only score 7 pts.

Edited by [TWO]RERO
IBALIK SI JAWORSKI

madame bang reklamo ang iba? pero wag ka, fan din sila ng BGK deep inside. at masaya na pag naka-iskor o lumamang na ang Brgy

Peace

sentiments lang yon ng isang true fan..i guess all of us want what's best for our team. 'ika nga! manalo matalo GINEBRA pa rin

hehe

They should'nt have made the trade for Junthy Valenzuela...

Sayang, mukhang mataas ang magiging pick nila...

Tsk..Tsk..Tsk..

Fire Uichico..Ibalik c Tangquincen or kunin si Koy Banal...

ok naman yung trade nila for Junthy... that's what BGK needs, an enforcer reminiscent of Distrito...

as for the draft pick... what they gave RB for this year was a second round pick

the first rounder they gave RB will be for next year if I am not mistaken

Bottom line - the coach sucks. His rotations are horrible. He should have pulled Caguioa, given some of his minutes to Tubid and his shots to Jayjay. Bench Menk. Play Mamaril or Crisano more. Ginebra can't win by just trying to outscore people, gotta rebound, take care of the ball in transition, make layups, and play hard if they wanna win. But win or lose, they're the most loved team in the league.

Fire Uichico..Ibalik c Tangquincen or kunin si Koy Banal...

It seems there's a growing clamor for a change in the coaching staff of BGK....the fans are expecting a more competitive team this conference when they acquire Junthy from RB...And its a far cry to believe that they are in the bottom of the standing whereas in previous conferences it was Air21 and Welcoat are occupying this spots...

I dont want to believe that Coach Jong already lost his magic touch on winning basketball games....but if BGK continues to be miserable and lousy on the court comes winning time, i guess its imperative for Danding to think about of overhauling his coaching staff....whatever happens, win or loose, fans will always cheer for GINEBRA...

Just my humble opinion...peace

A clamor for a coaching change... hmmm, I think that will do good for Ginebra... Jong has long been identified with the San Miguel franchise and I think is not suited for the RUN-AND-GUN principle of Ginebra... Siot was a better suit for the team, or maybe even Koy (who is more defensive oriented). Defense is indeed a BIG problem for the Kings nowadays!!

Just my opinion...

Yeng Guioa sa BGK!!!!

hehehe pero malabo un mangyare.

if you want Coach Yeng to BGK then you'd have to overhaul the BGK roster

Coach doesn't want bloated egos on his team... he just wants players who will play no-nonsense basketball

play hard... play to win!

if you want Coach Yeng to BGK then you'd have to overhaul the BGK roster

Coach doesn't want bloated egos on his team... he just wants players who will play no-nonsense basketball

play hard... play to win!

Correct ka dyan pareng Klique....Coach Yeng now made us believe that winning basketball games can be done even without a single superstar in their roster....Just an all team effort, hussle plays, help defense, unselfish plays and believing with each other....I wouldnt be suprise if they play once again in the semifinals....Last conference they almost made it to the finals....